Jade Jupiter Discussion

Well, the random booster 8s came in the post today and I thought I would kick things off and start putting Jade Jupiter through its paces.

My tests today put Jade Jupiter (Defense Mode) in a fairly standard stamina/defense combo with MF-H on BD145 paired with CS, going up against a variety of right spin beyblades. I will leave today's testing with a hint of the tests to come tomorrow by swapping out CS for RB.

Tomorrow I will work with RB more in a separate thread, and do some parallel comparisons of Jade Jupiter combos to top tier stamina and defensive combos. The defensive tests will include right spin and left spin attackers as opponents.

Finally, I will finish with tests of Jade Jupiter in attack combinations on low and mid height tracks against a variety of common combinations.

Oh.... and just for fun I'll also do up a triple steel ball configuration with Jade Jupiter GB145MB!!!

My equipment/setup:
TT Attack Stadium
3 segment grip (black)
L/R launcher (red)

MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS vs. MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS
alternating shots
MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS 3/20 (3 OS, 0 KO)
MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS 17/20 (17 OS, 0 KO)
Jade Jupiter wins 15%

Basalt BD145 just doing what it does - grinding down Jade like it was any other Bey. Frankly, I think the 3 wins here came from launches that were slightly stronger for Jade than for Basalt.

MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS vs.MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230WD
alternating shots
MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS 1/20 (1 OS, 0 KO)
Basalt Kerbecs 230WD 19/20 (19 OS, 0 KO)
Jade Jupiter wins 5%

Some of these were kind of close, and the one win for Jade came from a lucky "uppercut" it scored early on that threw Basalt completely off balance.

MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS vs. MF Gravity Perseus AD145WD (Stock - Right Spin)
alternating shots
MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS 19/20 (2 OS, 17 KO)
Gravity Perseus AD145WD 1/20 (1 OS, 0 KO)
Jade Jupiter wins 95%

Jade Jupiter makes metal wheel contact in this match-up and just knocks Gravity Perseus around at will. The one win for GP here was super lucky as it caught Jade towards the end (after surviving 2 shots into the wall) and barely forced a floor scrape before stopping itself. I included this combo as a stand-in for a wide variety of pre-maximum series beys on stamina tips. I'm pretty sure that the end results for others in this class will be the same.

MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS vs. MF Beat Lynx 90RF
Jade shot first
MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS 0/20 (0 OS, 0 KO)
MF Beat Lynx 90RF 20/20 (2 OS, 18 KO)
Jade Jupiter wins 0%

Oof! Jade gets pwned here by the attack power that is Beat. The two outspin wins for Beat were really inside the stadium KOs. Jade just didn't have a chance here really on CS, but what about that rubber ball...

MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145RB vs. MF Beat Lynx 90RF
Jade shot first at 100%
MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145RB 19/20 (19 OS, 0 KO)
MF Beat Lynx 90RF 1/20 (0 OS, 1 KO)
Jade Jupiter wins 95%

What a difference a tip makes! You have to wipe off the rubber ball after every battle, but even with a full-power launch for Jade (and its associated movement in the stadium) Beat had a heck of a time trying to get a KO.

Well, that's all for now - but more testing is coming tomorrow!

Update: August 11, 1PM

Stamina Tests against some top tier combos from the competitive metal fight beyblade combos thread.

Soooo... Is Jade a good stamina wheel? Not so much.

Next: On to defense and attack combos!
Hmm...seems that Jade wasn't as good as many aniticipated with the metal balls...but it seems that RB is WAY better that CS in this case!
EDIT: YAY first post!
Ok I need a favor. For a couple days Ive been theorizing something about Final Drive and Jade Jupiter:
Details-
Mode: Free Ball
Track- FD

What I think is that the FD will boost Jade back into where the balls are on the outside. The balls will make the bey move faster, and theoretically make it more aggressive. When the mode goes back, the FD will finally burn out. So basically picture another option for FS.
I don't get why you're using uncustomed Gravity Perseus.
Anyway, it seems that the most useful part is the tip?
Jade is kind of disappointing......
for MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS vs. MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS, did you switch the CSs halfway through testing to make sure that one wasn't wining due to a less worn CS?

that is a important thing to do

thanks for testing
(Aug. 11, 2011  5:00 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS vs. MF Beat Lynx 90RF
Jade shot first
MF Beat Lynx 90RF 17/20 (2 OS, 19 KO)
Jade Jupiter wins 0%

There is something infinitely wrong mathematically with these results.
Maybe 3 of them is a draw.
(Aug. 11, 2011  5:20 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: Maybe 3 of them is a draw.

And 2 + 19 somehow gives 17 ? There are many things wrong there.
I thought you're talking about the 0% win rate,
then, there is really something weird with this.
It is a bit weird about that result
I think is 20/20 (2 OS, 18KO) or 21/21 (2OS, 19 KO)
(Aug. 11, 2011  5:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2011  5:00 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS vs. MF Beat Lynx 90RF
Jade shot first
MF Beat Lynx 90RF 17/20 (2 OS, 19 KO)
Jade Jupiter wins 0%

There is something infinitely wrong mathematically with these results.

problem? What problems? 19-2=17 right? :p

My fat fingers and tired eyes, sorry sorry sorry. OP updated.

20/20 (2OS, 18KO)
(Aug. 11, 2011  5:05 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: I don't get why you're using uncustomed Gravity Perseus.
Anyway, it seems that the most useful part is the tip?
Jade is kind of disappointing......

This part at least is pretty easy. If you actually take the time to read the comments below the GP test (as originally written) all will become clear...
RB defense seems pretty good. I wish I could test it out myself, but it seems it could be better than the RS, simply because of better balance.
Rubber Ball sees trusted...I know there was a slight discussion on this alread about rubber ball wearing down and stuff but I DO hope it wears down in the ball form.
RB seems impressive, hm, yes. Jade isn't that good. Dissappointing. Unhappy I wonder how RB performs with Hell BD145 and Basalt BD145/85 etc. Interesting. Maybe.......Arupaeo, do you mind comparing MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS with a GB145 version? The weight of GB145 might help...
(Aug. 11, 2011  6:08 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: RB seems impressive, hm, yes. Jade isn't that good. Dissappointing. Unhappy I wonder how RB performs with Hell BD145 and Basalt BD145/85 etc. Interesting. Maybe.......Arupaeo, do you mind comparing MF-H Jade Jupiter BD145CS with a GB145 version? The weight of GB145 might help...

No trouble at all, I'll do a comparison after the other tests.
Hey Arupao I would like to know how bad te recoil is for Jade. Or you could give me the weight in grams. That will help me fgure it out.
Something tells me left spin attack will do better against RB than right spin will...

The reason is because of how we were talking about the contact between left and right spin in the VariAres discussion topic, combined with the width of RB. But I'd like to see RB vs left spin Attack tests anyways
Ah...I see where you are going with that Shabalabadoo, Left spin (for me) usually wins against my WB and my RF and RS. So I agree fully with you Shabalabadoo.
(Aug. 11, 2011  6:18 AM)Tokao Wrote: Hey Arupao I would like to know how bad te recoil is for Jade. Or you could give me the weight in grams. That will help me fgure it out.

It has some recoil, but nothing like Fang... I will do the measurements tomorrow for weight of the parts as well as circumference of the wheel and the height of the RB tip.
Thanks I appreciate it. Thanks and was going to ask about the RB next. And also please report the wearing down it does to the RB i am curious george and would like to know how it wears down.
RB discussion would belong on another thread.

To me these results are disappointing.
Nevertheless I was going to buy this Beyblade for S130 and RB only.

How does Jade Jupiter fair in standard stamina vs stamina battles ?
(Aug. 11, 2011  8:06 AM)blah Wrote: RB discussion would belong on another thread.

In my opinion, I predict it would have moderate stamina for a Defensive tip, but not close enough to come close to Top-tier tip.

And can you test this, MF-H/MF Scythe Bull BD145RB?
Jade,not RB. Man this is disappointing.
My man Arupaeo! Thanks for the testings. I was wondering if you could test jade as an attack type. Like.. MF Jade JupiterS130RF? Thanks again!
(Aug. 11, 2011  8:06 AM)blah Wrote: RB discussion would belong on another thread.

I will add stamina vs stamina to the list. Any favorites you'd like to see in the tests?

(Aug. 11, 2011  1:52 PM)® Wrote: My man Arupaeo! Thanks for the testings. I was wondering if you could test jade as an attack type. Like.. MF Jade JupiterS130RF? Thanks again!

Yep, that's on the testing agenda!