Isn't Destroy' Outclassed?

This doesn't deserve it's own thread.
I do think it is, if you want attack you would go for Xtreme’, Quick’, Awakened Evolution’, and Hunter’ While for LAD, Xtend+, Zone’ +Z and Drift for opposite and Atomic, and Orbit Metal for same spin.
Destroy’ is outclassed, but that doesn’t make it bad. It’s sort of like how Jinzo in Yugioh still see’s play.
Since no one is directly answering le question...

Ok, let's see. Well, I think it's because it's both easily accessible and unique.
Charge Metal(i got it) has decent stamina, so I'm assuming Charge' also does. Well, Destroy' is tight, has decent stamina, and can ring out/KO pretty easily. It's pretty versatile, but charge' is all this, plus the insane weight. But, Rage is just good in general, and Dranzer is... nostalgic? Rage is simply a better buy, and Destroy' comes as a part of the package. It's used more because it's there in people's decks. Also, Xtend+ is usually being used(attack mode is decent). So, yes and no ig. It's outclassed, but there is still a reason to use it.
Destroy' isn't outclassed, it's still really good for attack, but you wanna play it safe with the stamina and LAD. The improved spring also helps with burst resistance so that's also a plus to it too.
(Mar. 23, 2021  5:51 PM)PeppzieCola Wrote: Destroy' isn't outclassed, it's still really good for attack, but you wanna play it safe with the stamina and LAD.  The improved spring also helps with burst resistance so that's also a plus to it too.

but it is... Charge' is so much better, and so is hold'
(Mar. 23, 2021  5:56 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: but it is... Charge' is so much better

I think Charge' needs to be properly worn down to have good opposite stamina (I wasn't aware of this as I made the post), which would explain why it hasn't caught on yet.

(Mar. 23, 2021  5:50 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Since no one is directly answering le question...

The "no its not outclassed" replies without any reasoning and my links to Charge' performance seemingly being ignored were kinda annoying but I did get good replies;

General consensus seems to be that stuff like Xceed'+Z/Hold' etc are "sidegrades" rather than upgrades and Destroy' is the safe option so it sees more use in tournaments.
Well, from what you guys have put out, I guess it's outclassed by other parts, but if I were to rank it by wiki terms, it's still a "welcome addition." Remember that Destroy' comes with Rage Longinus, and that stock combo works fine. People might just stick to what they have, especially if they're a bit strapped for cash. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Ds' is not outclassed. Xceed'+Z is much more mobile and less controllable than destroy', while zone'+Z isnt an attack driver so you can't rly compare. Destroy' also has more same spin stamina than both xceed'+z and zone'+z

So it mostly comes down to what combo u r using
Destroy is still one of the best drivers to use competitively, there are other drivers but those are different types of drivers.
For what it’s worth, I made it to the finals at the latest Richmond tournament using just a stock Rage. I think a lot of the criticism of Ds’ is fair but it’s obviously still viable - especially since in my case it was the only sparking bey I had at the time! It strikes a good balance even if other parts outclass it in particular aspects.
Destroy us outclassed in every particular category
It has attack, but xtreme’ exists
It has stamina but xtend+ exists
It has LAD but drift exists
It has decent defense but keep’ exists
Despite being out classed in every category it has, it’s still Good. Not GREAT, not HORRIBLE, not AMAZING. Just GOOD. See destroy is your basic standard attack driver, but it has something not many other aggressive drivers have a combination of. It has attack with STAMINA AND LAD. Sure there’s xceed’ z+ with LAD and attack, but where’s the stamina? Destroy especially helps with things like rage because rage is good enough for pure power on any driver especially with the 3A chassis. Combine that with its K.O power, give it stamina and LAD, it’s a good match up.
Destroy’ is not outclassed, it’s still GOOD especially for an attack stamina hybrid that equalize against opposite spin orbit or xtreme combos.
Thanks guys, I've been convinced that Destroy' isn't outclassed for a while now 😅

(May. 03, 2021  5:15 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: it’s still GOOD especially for an attack stamina hybrid that equalize against opposite spin orbit or xtreme combos.
Agree with this,

(May. 03, 2021  5:15 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: See destroy is your basic standard attack driver, but it has something not many other aggressive drivers have a combination of. It has attack with STAMINA AND LAD.
but not this.

Charge' has worse same spin stam only cuz it selfko's when hard launched, which doesn't happen too often if you're using it with Rage Helios2 MCC 3A (Destroy' has better attack power and almost no selfko risk tho, so not completely outclassed).

Xceed'+Z has marginally worse stamina than Destroy' while having enough LAD to beat opposite spin Keep'/Atomic+Wheel combos, Ds' with 3A ties with/ loses to these close to half of the time. (Not outclassed cuz you can use Ds' and Zone'+Z in the same deck and Xc'+Z will rarely stop flower patterning and start stationary spinning after hitting the opponent).
Tbh I have no idea if Xc'+Z outspins Zone'+Z and can't test cuz I only have 1 +Z, if it can't thats another pro for Ds'. Zone'+Z doesn't do too well vs stuff that can knock it around tho, so Xc'+Z should be OS'ing it.

Nothing else has Destroy''s combination of controlable+consistent movement, attack power and LAD, not so sure if I would say it has good same spin stamina.

Here's some test results:
I'm using R He2 3A Ch'/Ds'/Xc'+Z vs Master(left)/World(right) Spriggan Wh At/Kp'/Xt+, Rage launched second everytime.

vs World Keep':
Ch': 10 - 0 all OS. Moderate launched both since I was just testing lad, hard launching Keep' would definetely let it get some ko's or out spins after hitting Rage to the wall.
Ds': 4(2OS, 2KO) - 3(2OS, 1KO), 3 draws. I hard launched Rage here cuz it looked like getting KO's would increase its winrate.
Xc'+Z: 9(1KO, 8OS) - 0, 1 draw. Didn't have to hard launch.
----
vs Master Keep':
Ch': 1 (OS) - 9 (8OS, 1 Self KO).
Ds': 5(KO)-5(OS). This was the most suprising result to me.
Xc'+Z: 0 - 10 all OS. Oof.
----
vs World Atomic:
Ch': Again 10-0, same sitaution as the World Keep' test above.
Ds': 4 (2KO, 1Burst, 1OS) - 4(OS), 2 Draws (moderate launched both)
Xc'+Z: 6(3KO, 3OS) - 3(1KO, 2OS), 1 Draw
----
vs Master Atomic: (moderate/strong launched atomic, hard launched Rage in all of the matches)
Ch': 3(1KO, 2OS) - 7(6OS, 1Self KO)
Ds': 2(KO)- 7(1KO, 6OS), 1 draw (double KO)
Xc'+Z: 3(KO) - 7(OS) They all did pretty similarly here.
----
vs Master Xtend+ (realising now that I forgot to do World on Xtend+ oops)
This is from the Charge' thread, Ch': 7 (6 KO, 1OS) - 13 (2 KO, 11 OS)
Ds': 5(4KO, 1OS) - 5(OS)
Xc': 4(KO) - 6(OS)
the question is...
why is there no destroy high metal?
and other drivers with high metal?
(Sep. 14, 2021  1:53 AM)PSYCLOPSA Wrote: the question is...
why is there no destroy high metal?
and other drivers with high metal?

I’m pretty sure these high metal survive or something, but I might be wrong. There’s destroy metal on the new guilty longinus, there’s probably not gonna be a high destroy, and metal drivers chip teeth.

I don’t think destroy’ is outclassed.

It’s so good that it’s banned in classic

In limited it has very good use as it did back in the day as a dash, stamina/attack driver with good defense and decent LAD. Destroy basically has everything you could want in a driver, but since it has everything each one is lesser. Like a balance type, which the driver.

In standard it doesn’t have much use just cause the beys have too much stamina for it to deal with and the attackers today are best on rubber drivers like quick or xtreme’