Is Beyblade popular where you live?

I wonder if Beyblade Burst will be a hype again like MFB was in 2010-2012. With Beyblade Burst now being released in many countries around the world I want to ask if many people play Beyblade Burst where you live and if it's more, less or equal popular then in 2010.
No. I have never heard someone talk about Beyblade besides me. And before Beyblade Burst came out the only Beyblades I could find in stores was Beyraiderz. And even now you can only find burst beys in a small section, with only three beys to choose from,(but the good thing is that they are only like six dollars or so.) But to be honest I can't complain about the beyraiderz thing because I got really into Beyblade pretty late.
It's not that popular yet... but I managned to get my friends into the game one of them watches the dub or burst
Last I checked, Australia has made it to the end of the 2nd wave releases. Every time I pass a Kmart (where the cheapest prices are found) they're basically sold out of gear. Even the stadiums are gone, which surprises me because they always overstock those. I notice that the shelf-space is not so large for Burst as it was for MFB but the fact is that the products are selling out consistently - so it must be popular. It's the same for every town/city I visit.

Seems a little strange it hasn't taken off online here though. Australia has seen very little action on the WBO recently and basically anything which has happened in the past three years has been driven by adult fans. If I had to, I'd honestly put that factor down to the basic fabric of the new series. The way Hasbro markets Burst is just juvenile. MFB made a serious effort to overcome that (at least it tried, right?) and it saw a much greater number of adult players (even those who did not grow up with plastics). People always posted threads here about how MFB was so close to being a "real" sport and I think that sentiment was broadly accepted. Hasbro Burst (and also TT to an extent) kinda killed that idea by artificially overriding the competitive aspect of the game by inventing the burst mechanic (thank you very much Kenji Horikoshi). My feeling is that the game is simply seen as "less competitive than MFB" by most of the Australian cohort. The WBO is for the competitive aspect of the game - and I don't think Aussie kids are drawn into that mindset by the Burst series. And you know, kids around here, they're social media peeps and they don't need an "old-school" forum to keep in contact with their blader friends.
i'm in sweden and i do see people playing with beyblades a couple of times but most of them don't understand how to play
(Jul. 25, 2017  5:22 AM)Beylon Wrote: Last I checked, Australia has made it to the end of the 2nd wave releases. Every time I pass a Kmart (where the cheapest prices are found) they're basically sold out of gear. Even the stadiums are gone, which surprises me because they always overstock those. I notice that the shelf-space is not so large for Burst as it was for MFB but the fact is that the products are selling out consistently - so it must be popular. It's the same for every town/city I visit.

Seems a little strange it hasn't taken off online here though. Australia has seen very little action on the WBO recently and basically anything which has happened in the past three years has been driven by adult fans. If I had to, I'd honestly put that factor down to the basic fabric of the new series. The way Hasbro markets Burst is just juvenile. MFB made a serious effort to overcome that (at least it tried, right?) and it saw a much greater number of adult players (even those who did not grow up with plastics). People always posted threads here about how MFB was so close to being a "real" sport and I think that sentiment was broadly accepted. Hasbro Burst (and also TT to an extent) kinda killed that idea by artificially overriding the competitive aspect of the game by inventing the burst mechanic (thank you very much Kenji Horikoshi). My feeling is that the game is simply seen as "less competitive than MFB" by most of the Australian cohort. The WBO is for the competitive aspect of the game - and I don't think Aussie kids are drawn into that mindset by the Burst series. And you know, kids around here, they're social media peeps and they don't need an "old-school" forum to keep in contact with their blader friends.

I dunno why but as an adult... it's the burst mechanic and the gimmicks of the God layers that got me really interested and started buying beyblade(like a lot in a short time)
I mean I bought a few 1st gen when it came out but I nv played those.. 
This one is way more interesting from a mechanical and design point of view for me.
Sorta I guess. Tournament wise we have a few members turn up and stuff but I assume America, Canada and india probably have more members than us in tourneys and other organised meet ups. I think there are probably a lot of fans who were just waiting on the Hasbro stuff to come out cos not many people trust online shopping in the uk. And a lot of bladers ain't even part of the wbo but I know some really good collectors outside of here so there are a lot that are unknown but do collect in the uk.
I don't know of many people in my area who play, but I see a lot of picked over shelves in all the stores, so someone is buying them up. Wondering if the start of school season will see another flood of product.
In Murfreesboro , Tennessee it practically doesn't exist
Here in Delhi, India, only some people are keeping it alive by bieng in touch of each other and hosting tournaments.
In Mumbai there are quite a lot bladers.  Since I joinned WBO I met around 70-100 bladers out of alot were passionate. Sadly not all join in tournaments or be active here but I'm sure we can grow this community to better in coming years (especially after release of burst).
Not really but when I move to buffalo I'm sure there will be some bladers
Where I live, (ill just be vague and say southern florida), finding people who are into beyblade is very hard. It isnt popular here at all in my age group, but for kids they love it. But im not giving up in my quest to try to find more teen beyblade fans. So for now, i'll say: semi-popular. I might change this in the future, if i find more bladers where i live.
In VA, there have been a few new bladers... But tbh there's no where near as many as there were back in 2010-2012
(Aug. 07, 2017  4:16 PM)spiderboy153 Wrote: Are there any bladers in acworth ga

You should ask that in one of the topics dedicated to Georgia in the WBO Beyblade Communities - North America forum. 

Because your actual answer to this thread's question seems to be: "Not that I know of." It is not meant to ask questions for each region...
Unfortunately no, ever since Hasbro changed how they made 4d beys before releasing the proper parts with hyperblades everyone gave up on it, so even now Beyblade is no longer popular around my area Unhappy so that is one of the reasons why I just make beyblade videos
Nope, it used to be pupular around 2010-2014 but Burst is not being promoted propertly where I live, I am wondering to buy a Burst top on halloween or Christmas, but nowadays, I only play with my brother.

My brother is 7, so i will give him a top to show it to their friends and make bayblade great again!
Unfortunately not. Beyblade was popular back during the plastics days. During the era of MFB, I would say a handful of people played but now there aren't any beyblades being sold in any stores. It is extremely difficult to find other bladers and those who used to play back in our childhood are now 'grown up' and do not venture in such 'childish' hobbies and games.
When I first got my two Burst Beyblades, I didn't think that they were too popular, but I was going beyblade hunting at my nearest Toys R Us yesterday, they were all sold out! I asked a worker to see if the store had any in storage, but there were none. The only things that weren't sold out were the Supergrip Launchers and the Chaos Core stadium. So I think there's been a very sudden surge of interest, because the week before they were kind of full of Beyblades.
(Aug. 03, 2017  7:32 PM)Red Eye Wrote: Not really but when I move to buffalo I'm sure there will be some bladers

I LIVE OUT THERE
unfortunately for singapore, no. there are beybladers who are kids below 12, but they arent competitive so they dont come for wbba hosted tournaments like the g4 or g3 tournaments. there are very little competitive bladers here tho.
Not really Beyblades are stacked to the brim here but no one seems to bintrested anymore it was when it first came out but not anymore
I would say not very for Singapore either. Up till last year there were a few local retailers who were trying to clear stocks of MFB Zero G since the beyblade series died down. But, there have been some small G3/G4 tournaments hosted for Burst which have attracted the younger audience. Recently Toys R Us released the first generation layers as well as B2/L2/F2. There aren't any random boosters which is understandable due to the gachapon aspect.