Is Beyblade Sexist?

Maybe the Editors think that they would be simps if they had added them.....(sorry for the term thou)

(May. 08, 2020  12:12 PM)daheavydl3 Wrote: Maybe the Editors think that they would be simps if they had added them.....(sorry for the term thou)

thats kinda dumb, i mean its kinda the same case in my fan series where my main character has some friendly interaction with a female character, but to steer this back on topic i think having Girl bladers in Burst would be great, and id actually love to see Male Blader and Female Blader interaction with each other
(May. 08, 2020  12:12 PM)daheavydl3 Wrote: Maybe the Editors think that they would be simps if they had added them.....(sorry for the term thou)

they just take out females cause the demographic is male (still sucks tho)
Is simp even the right word in this case? Last time I checked, its a guy who kisses up to a girl in hopes he gets to date her, or just overvaluing her. Theres nothing romantic shown in Beyblade so far, and theres definitely no simping if the creator puts a girl into the series
I agree simp has nothing to do with this. Anyways here is a debatable question: Why doesn't the girl in sparking have a beyblade?
She does have a Beyblade, it’s just one of those random combo thingys, basically those side characters have random booster blades. I would hope she would’ve gotten something exclusive, It wouldn’t have been that bad if they’ve squeezed out one more release, but budget isn’t endless so, but hopefully she gets a blade, heck I wouldn’t even care if they replaced a orevious owners blade. Her name starts with a r? So she could bey, could easily give her a regulus evolution
This sounds dumb but I know some people who actually think that a Beyblade’s performance is based on the gender of whoever is using it

What the heck I dont know what to say about that
Agreed the stereotype of that has grown as we have more prominent male characters
(May. 09, 2020  12:12 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: This sounds dumb but I know some people who actually think that a Beyblade’s performance is based on the gender of whoever is using it

It’s pretty ridiculous. I’ve had boy opponents laugh and say “Girls can’t win.”
(May. 09, 2020  12:25 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(May. 09, 2020  12:12 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: This sounds dumb but I know some people who actually think that a Beyblade’s performance is based on the gender of whoever is using it

It’s pretty ridiculous. I’ve had boy opponents laugh and say “Girls can’t win.”
You: Continues to whoop them lol
(Apr. 09, 2020  7:11 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Now I'm gonna strongly support here! Burst got limited ethnicity, sex equality! I've not seen a strong female blader after Metal Fusion, and not a strong blader of different race since Metal Masters. Burst is clearly lacking this portion. I mean just like BuilderROB just said the anime is more of a promotion towards the actual promotion, and it is targeted towards boys, since Barbies usually targets girls even if you have male dolls.

I know this post is on the older side, but I just wanted to clarify that King and Tithi are both strong bladers of "different ethnicity"(even though there are bladers from all over the world that you have overlooked in metal fight 4D), and are even legend bladers. King is Greek and Tithi is Mesoamerican.
Oh gods, this is starting to become a race discussion (isnt Beyblade already Japanese, anyway? Loads of rep for us Asians now). Is it wrong that Im frankly chill with Beyblade even if theres lack of females? I mean I came for plot and entertainment, I suppose
(May. 09, 2020  4:49 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Oh gods, this is starting to become a race discussion (isnt Beyblade already Japanese, anyway? Loads of rep for us Asians now). Is it wrong that Im frankly chill with Beyblade even if theres lack of females? I mean I came for plot and entertainment, I suppose

I’m chill with it too.
(May. 08, 2020  11:27 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: I agree simp has nothing to do with this. Anyways here is a debatable question: Why doesn't the girl in sparking have a beyblade?

You mean Raika? She does if you to look the details closely in the episodes.

(May. 09, 2020  4:46 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2020  7:11 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Now I'm gonna strongly support here! Burst got limited ethnicity, sex equality! I've not seen a strong female blader after Metal Fusion, and not a strong blader of different race since Metal Masters. Burst is clearly lacking this portion. I mean just like BuilderROB just said the anime is more of a promotion towards the actual promotion, and it is targeted towards boys, since Barbies usually targets girls even if you have male dolls.

I know this post is on the older side, but I just wanted to clarify that King and Tithi are both strong bladers of "different ethnicity"(even though there are bladers from all over the world that you have overlooked in metal fight 4D), and are even legend bladers. King is Greek and Tithi is Mesoamerican.
Affirmative, but my point there is Metal Saga had more equality and more diversity of ethnicities than burst and that's a fact.
(May. 09, 2020  4:59 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote:
(May. 08, 2020  11:27 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: I agree simp has nothing to do with this. Anyways here is a debatable question: Why doesn't the girl in sparking have a beyblade?

You mean Raika? She does if you to look the details closely in the episodes.

(May. 09, 2020  4:46 AM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I know this post is on the older side, but I just wanted to clarify that King and Tithi are both strong bladers of "different ethnicity"(even though there are bladers from all over the world that you have overlooked in metal fight 4D), and are even legend bladers. King is Greek and Tithi is Mesoamerican.
Affirmative, but my point there is Metal Saga had more equality and more diversity of ethnicities than burst and that's a fact.

Very true. The only character in burst who is of different ethnicity is Laban.
I personally don't think beyblade is as racist as it is sexist, I mean we get different countries from second season and onward (Spain, Brazil,USA,etc.). Beyblade is from Japan so it makes sense. Also Joshua is definitely American.
I think this topic can be best summed through saying:
- Is Beyblade sexist? Not by any means. It has always been a toyline that was marketed towards young boys and having powerful male characters helps those children project onto them and aspire to be like them, hence making more money through this continued investment both monetarily and horologically (i.e they give their time over an extended period). Could they stand to have more female bladers on the show? Absolutely, as Ren Kurenai from the Zero G/Shogun Steel series was greatly received with no drawbacks.

And because this has for some reason also become a topic:
- Beyblade has NEVER been in any way xenophobic or racially exclusive. From even Beyblade 2000 and its anime seasons, even disregarding all the other cast members and side characters from different countries, we had Tyson who is Japanese, Kai who is Japanese with Russian blood, Ray who is Chinese, and Max who is half-Japanese, half-American. In Burst, Valt meets all sorts of characters who represent different nationalities: Free is likely North American (or possibly even Latino), Cuza is from Latin America and Kurtz was possibly from Peru. The whole POINT of each Beyblade series was characters striving to reach the pinnacle of Beyblade by defeating opponents worldwide and becoming the strongest. You couldn't do that without representing other nationalities and cultures.

TL;DR - Beyblade isn't sexist but could stand to include a stronger female presence, and Beyblade is very representative of other races and nationalities.
(May. 11, 2020  12:39 AM)YudaiMatsuro Wrote: I think this topic can be best summed through saying:
- Is Beyblade sexist? Not by any means. It has always been a toyline that was marketed towards young boys and having powerful male characters helps those children project onto them and aspire to be like them, hence making more money through this continued investment both monetarily and horologically (i.e they give their time over an extended period). Could they stand to have more female bladers on the show? Absolutely, as Ren Kurenai from the Zero G/Shogun Steel series was greatly received with no drawbacks.

- Beyblade has NEVER been in any way xenophobic or racially exclusive. From even Beyblade 2000 and its anime seasons, even disregarding all the other cast members and side characters from different countries, we had Tyson who is Japanese, Kai who is Japanese with Russian blood, Ray who is Chinese, and Max who is half-Japanese, half-American. In Burst, Valt meets all sorts of characters who represent different nationalities: Free is likely North American (or possibly even Latino), Cuza is from Latin America and Kurtz was possibly from Peru. The whole POINT of each Beyblade series was characters striving to reach the pinnacle of Beyblade by defeating opponents worldwide and becoming the strongest. You couldn't do that without representing other nationalities and cultures.

TL;DR - Beyblade isn't sexist but could stand to include a stronger female presence, and Beyblade is very representative of other races and nationalities.
Kurtz is german or french...
(May. 11, 2020  12:47 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(May. 11, 2020  12:39 AM)YudaiMatsuro Wrote: I think this topic can be best summed through saying:

Kurtz is german or french...

Ah, that'd make sense. I was admittedly mainly taking into account his clothing and Bey's Avatar.
(May. 11, 2020  1:01 AM)YudaiMatsuro Wrote:
(May. 11, 2020  12:47 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Kurtz is german or french...

Ah, that'd make sense. I was admittedly mainly taking into account his clothing and Bey's Avatar.

deleted, I was thinking of the wrong character lol.
I would think they should build on some of the female charaters they have now like they should give kris a bey
I don’t think she will blade, she’s a manager of bc sol, she really doesn’t have time to blade. And personally, it would be cool for that, we would probably be wasting a release slot, unless it’s a random layer. Personally, would much rather a new xcalibur than a Beyblade that kris would have, because in the anime she probably won’t really blade. Although I do want them to expand on the females aspects of Beyblade.
(May. 11, 2020  3:38 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: I don’t think she will blade, she’s a manager of bc sol, she really doesn’t have time to blade. And personally, it would be cool for that, we would probably be wasting a release slot, unless it’s a random layer. Personally, would much rather a new xcalibur than a Beyblade that kris would have, because in the anime she probably won’t really blade. Although I do want them to expand on the females aspects of Beyblade.

This is all true but in all honesty sunbat united waykia did it. And yes a new xcalibur would be amazing if she had a bey i would prob not be a random layer it would be somthing cool like a attack type just based on her personality.
Personally, I think she’d own a balance type, but I think it’s too late to give her a blade, she could’ve had her chance in Cho Z to be honest, and the fact that we now have 11 minute episodes, I don’t think we have enough room. If so she’d probably have a 1 or 2 episode arc.