Is Beyblade Sexist?

What I mean by this is that there has not been a single female character with their own Beyblade, although some of the more prominent ones such as Ichika and that girl from BC Sol do have some importance. Tell me what are your thoughts on this? What would a female protagonist be like in the series (this is coming from a male).
dude i cant imagine cause i am so used to there being little to no girls but that would be kind of a cool change to see a girl trying to be the worlds best beyblader
I think it it more of a selling market than “sexist”. Beyblades are aimed towards boys, so putting girl Bladers, especially as protagonists, wouldn’t necessarily be encouraging it as a boys toy. I don’t necessarily like that they do this either but it’s the way it is.
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:14 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I think it it more of a selling market than “sexist”. Beyblades are aimed towards boys, so putting girl Bladers, especially as protagonists, wouldn’t necessarily be encouraging it as a boys toy. I don’t necessarily like that they do this either but it’s the way it is.

Fair enough but like no girl has their own beyblade
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:23 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:14 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I think it it more of a selling market than “sexist”. Beyblades are aimed towards boys, so putting girl Bladers, especially as protagonists, wouldn’t necessarily be encouraging it as a boys toy. I don’t necessarily like that they do this either but it’s the way it is.

Fair enough but like no girl has their own beyblade

In the anime? Or real life?
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:24 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:23 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Fair enough but like no girl has their own beyblade

In the anime? Or real life?

In the anime
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:26 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:24 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: In the anime? Or real life?

In the anime

Yeah they do… Nika, Christina (I think that’s how you spell it), the girl from the Wild Bey Gang, others, and Ichika.
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:37 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:26 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: In the anime

Yeah they do… Nika, Christina (I think that’s how you spell it), the girl from the Wild Bey Gang, others, and Ichika.

I mean like a new beyblade, not the beyblades from previous generations and stuff like that.
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:39 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:37 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Yeah they do… Nika, Christina (I think that’s how you spell it), the girl from the Wild Bey Gang, others, and Ichika.

I mean like a new beyblade, not the beyblades from previous generations and stuff like that.

Spryzen, Kerbeus, Roktavor, Doomscizor, and others weren’t exactly new Beyblades, but no one cared.
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:51 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:39 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: I mean like a new beyblade, not the beyblades from previous generations and stuff like that.

Spryzen, Kerbeus, Roktavor, Doomscizor, and others weren’t exactly new Beyblades, but no one cared.

What he’s saying is that no girl blader in Burst has ever had a unique Beyblade. One has yet to have one.
well that girl from shogun steel had one but thats one out of like 300 different beyblades
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:52 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:51 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Spryzen, Kerbeus, Roktavor, Doomscizor, and others weren’t exactly new Beyblades, but no one cared.

What he’s saying is that no girl blader in Burst has ever had a unique Beyblade. One has yet to have one.
I can understand that. Most of the Beys in S1 weren’t, but no one cared.
Well apparently the hiro morita’s editors stop him from including girl characters so if your blaming someone, blame them I guess.

(Like girls with main Beyblades)
We REALLY need female bladers the only ones we have Nika, Shasa, Gumita and Ichika are our only girl bladers we have so far
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:11 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: What I mean by this is that there has not been a single female character with their own Beyblade, although some of the more prominent ones such as Ichika and that girl from BC Sol do have some importance. Tell me what are your thoughts on this? What would a female protagonist be like in the series (this is coming from a male).

Hiro tried to add female bladers *with their own unique beys* before but his editors didn’t agree with the idea... idk why though.
Well in the original Beyblade, we actually had a lot of female bladers. Times have changed though, the demographic is more boys>girls. And as that guy said, his editors are stopping him from having relevant females.
Fair enough. Thank you for your answers guys!
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:56 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:52 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: What he’s saying is that no girl blader in Burst has ever had a unique Beyblade. One has yet to have one.
I can understand that. Most of the Beys in S1 weren’t, but no one cared.

Yeah, back then they had no other filler beys to use back in S1 (unless they decide to use Single Layers) as all the beys were Dual Layers and since Shu's S2, Rantaro's R2, Kensuke's K2 and Daina's D2 were treated as a unique and special beys back then, that's why no one cared back then. Plus, they were the first characters to own S2, R2, K2 and D2 respectively and were advertised as being unique from others. Whether Sasha used a recolour of G2 (which came after when Gou/Gabe used it) in the God/Evolution season and was treated as just random filler, making her bey not very unique nor has it been advertised as such. There is such a huge difference. And no, before someone points this out, Sasha owning G2 in the God/Evolution series is not the same as Tokonatsu owning Screw Trident as Screw Trident was still unique whilst Sasha's bey wasn't.

But yeah, it's really all about how good the character is and if the characters are well-written, then that's all that really matters. Though, it would be pretty cool to have a female blader in Burst owning their own unique bey with a unique motif, instead of generic fodder.
(Apr. 02, 2020  5:20 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:56 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I can understand that. Most of the Beys in S1 weren’t, but no one cared.

Yeah, back then they had no other filler beys to use back in S1 (unless they decide to use Single Layers) as all the beys were Dual Layers and since Shu's S2, Rantaro's R2, Kensuke's K2 and Daina's D2 were treated as a unique and special beys back then, that's why no one cared back then. Plus, they were the first characters to own S2, R2, K2 and D2 respectively and were advertised as being unique from others. Whether Sasha used a recolour of G2 (which came after when Gou/Gabe used it) in the God/Evolution season and was treated as just random filler, making her bey not very unique nor has it been advertised as such. There is such a huge  difference. And no, before someone points this out, Sasha owning G2 in the God/Evolution series is not the same as Tokonatsu owning Screw Trident as Screw Trident was still unique whilst Sasha's bey wasn't.

But yeah, it's really all about how good the character is and if the characters are well-written, then that's all that really matters. Though, it would be pretty cool to have a female blader in Burst owning their own unique bey with a unique motif, instead of generic fodder.

In one episode of S1 (I forgot which one) someone says something to their Kerbeus (not Kensuke) “My Kerbeus will win!” Or something like that, so the only reason why those are special is because that’s who the anime focuses on.
Although this rule doesn’t apply to used to be/super important characters like shu, phi, valt. You don’t see people running around with god Valkyrie or Spriggan requiems in gt and Cho z
(Apr. 02, 2020  5:25 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  5:20 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Yeah, back then they had no other filler beys to use back in S1 (unless they decide to use Single Layers) as all the beys were Dual Layers and since Shu's S2, Rantaro's R2, Kensuke's K2 and Daina's D2 were treated as a unique and special beys back then, that's why no one cared back then. Plus, they were the first characters to own S2, R2, K2 and D2 respectively and were advertised as being unique from others. Whether Sasha used a recolour of G2 (which came after when Gou/Gabe used it) in the God/Evolution season and was treated as just random filler, making her bey not very unique nor has it been advertised as such. There is such a huge  difference. And no, before someone points this out, Sasha owning G2 in the God/Evolution series is not the same as Tokonatsu owning Screw Trident as Screw Trident was still unique whilst Sasha's bey wasn't.

In one episode of S1 (I forgot which one) someone says something to their Kerbeus (not Kensuke) “My Kerbeus will win!” Or something like that, so the only reason why those are special is because that’s who the anime focuses on.

I honestly had no idea someone (that wasn't Kensuke or Kyle) said "My Kerbeus will win!". I'll have to keep a look out for that and if that's the case, well I'll be damned.

Still, the fact that Sasha's bey is still just treated as generic fodder whilst Shu's S2, Rantaro's R2, Kensuke's K2 and Daina's D2 were treated with enough importance (plus, only had one system to work with at the time whilst Sasha was in the God/Evolution season) still puts her significance below the four characters I've mentioned personally.
(Apr. 02, 2020  6:11 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  5:25 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: In one episode of S1 (I forgot which one) someone says something to their Kerbeus (not Kensuke) “My Kerbeus will win!” Or something like that, so the only reason why those are special is because that’s who the anime focuses on.

I honestly had no idea someone (that wasn't Kensuke or Kyle) said "My Kerbeus will win!". I'll have to keep a look out for that and if that's the case, well I'll be damned.

Still, the fact that Sasha's bey is still just treated as generic fodder whilst Shu's S2, Rantaro's R2, Kensuke's K2 and Daina's D2 were treated with enough importance (plus, only had one system to work with at the time whilst Sasha was in the God/Evolution season) still puts her significance below the four characters I've mentioned personally.

That person was referring to not Kaiser Kerbeus, but their random combo one.
How come in season 2 Valt sees the opponent’s bey is Spriggan and is like, “hey that’s my friends bey!” Even though he never saw the new Spriggan in person (as far as we know) and so many people have a Spriggan? Also how is a toy that are just spinning tops specifically for boys?
(Apr. 02, 2020  6:29 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  6:11 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I honestly had no idea someone (that wasn't Kensuke or Kyle) said "My Kerbeus will win!". I'll have to keep a look out for that and if that's the case, well I'll be damned.

That person was referring to not Kaiser Kerbeus, but their random combo one.

Yeah, I know they were referring to a random combo with a K2 Layer. What's your point?
Beyblade is not technically sexist but there are some mild forms of it. The beyblade burst anime has no female Bladers with their own beyblade. There also hasn’t been a female blader compete in an important tournament. They really need to fix that. Anyway, it also would make sense for them to have a lot more boy main characters due to the fact that the show is targeted for boys. (I really don’t see the point in that. Plenty of girls like beyblade.)

Edit: Also I do find it unnecessary for in the introduction to the Japanese dub for burst season one to introduce beyblade as “The dream sport for boys.” Lmao not only boys like beyblade.