Instruments

I played violin for 11 years. After I stopped playing it in school due to scheduling reasons, I kinda lost a lot of my ability to play it over 2 years.

I just recently started playing guitar, and I love it! I use Oscar Schmidt Delta King. It's cheap, but sounds great.
You don't even want to get me started on instruments! XD

I play Alto Sax, Bari Sax, and Piano. I might be learning Trumpet soon, and I want a Triple Chamber Ocarina for Christmas this year.

Music is my major. When I get a job, I want to be either a high school band teacher, a composer, or I want to play in an orchestra. (Boston philharmonics anyone?!?!) I'm going to band teacher, and composer will probably become a side job. So orchestra is my backup.

If I can't get a career in music, I'm screwed. Uncertain

I'm 3rd chair Alto Sax in my schools Concert Band. But that's just because I didn't take my audition to seriously. (I didn't practice my audition sheet) After our Christmas concert (Which is on the 20th of this month), we get to reaudition. I'm going to take it seriously this time so I can get 1st chair Alto Sax. I have the skills for it. I'm actually better than the guy who currently has that position!

I also play Bari Sax, but I haven't touched the Bari in a year. I played it for 3 years in Concert Band, that's it. I'm done with Bari. In all honesty, Alto is much better! (imo) But Bari was also a good experience for me!

I'm also in Marching Band. Our theme this year was Swing. At the start, our percussion did The Entertainer. (For like 30 seconds) then the entire band did Sing Sing Sing (Benny Goodman). The percussion at the beginning was a pretty nice effect and kinda reminded me of the start of the Donkey Kong Country theme. Tongue_out After Sing Sing Sing, we go into a song called Summertime (I'm not sure where it's from, all I know is it's from a musical). I didn't like Summertime very much, it was too slow for my liking. our 3rd song was Caravan. It was at 160 BPM (Beats per minute), so it was kinda tricky at first, but it was pretty cool. And finally, our close piece was Zoot Suit Riot! (Cherry Popin' Daddy's) It was VERY cool!

I'm wanting to get my own Alto Sax, as mine is a loner. My mom said we'll look into it.

And I can also arrange sheet music. It's a fun little hobby of mine. Actually, here is some of my arrangements. They turned out really well!

http://musescore.com/user/18296

I have more than that. I just can't upload more than 5 to that site because I don't feel like paying $4 a month! XD
I LOVE MUSIC !!!!

But I play the regular Bb clarinet also playing the bass clarinet
I play Cello and Piano, though I am majorly a piano player. I've played classical and more modern songs on the piano, but since I've been topping the New York State School Musical Association's (NYSSMA) highest level exam for 2 years (98 and 100 yeaaaaaah) I've become more of a video game pianist. I'm considering actually uploading videos to my Youtube channel.

As for cello, I don't take lessons but I am still the best non-lesson taking player in my Orchestra. I'm 4th chair, 2nd stand specifically. Unlike piano, cello sightreading is a breeze and once you get the hang of it, playing is very easy. Some complicated solos do get me every now and then though.
i play a ton of percussion instruments in my middle school band snare drum, bass drum, timpani, cymbals, bells/xylophone, bongos, wood block, triangle (supa manly) and a drum set (havnt playd in an actual concert though).
I play the bass clarinet
almost the same as clarinet only bigger, different notes and sounds better
I play the Tuba. Yes, the Tuba. I was going for Baritone, or any Brass instrument really, but all the mouthpieces were too small. So, at orientation, I chose Tuba over Alto Sax. I'm in 6th grade by the way. I'm not bad, pretty good actually, but I screw up the notes sometimes.
(Jul. 05, 2008  2:41 PM)Nic Wrote: Finally, the damn hi-hat came in the mail.

Niiice!! My good friend Elias "Bones" Rodriguez/Andra (from Outkast, Dead By Sunrise, Julien-K, etc) is actually a top sponsor for Sabian cymbols. He tells me they're the best he uses!
I am a piano and flute player, though, if you consider it, I am also a "throat" player (singer). I am in All County, etc.
I play percussion. I am a 13 year old boss on the Drumset and in a marching band at my school. Im in the Drumline and I play Snare in it. BTW im in the 8th grade
I've been playing the violin for 13 years, but I'm not that great at it lol
I played the clarinet in my school band for 3 years, & the piano on & off when I was younger.
For me my friend was showing off his guitar skills and one of the strings broke and he got mad and smashed his guitar
(Jul. 06, 2020  12:40 AM)kai edits Wrote: For me my friend was showing off his guitar skills and one of the strings broke and he got mad and smashed his guitar
The hell is wrong with him?
(Jul. 06, 2020  12:51 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2020  12:40 AM)kai edits Wrote: For me my friend was showing off his guitar skills and one of the strings broke and he got mad and smashed his guitar
The hell is wrong with him?

I guess he got tired of strings breaking on him
(Jul. 06, 2020  12:40 AM)kai edits Wrote: [Merged from thread "Funny moments while play a instrument"]

For me my friend was showing off his guitar skills and one of the strings broke and he got mad and smashed his guitar

You need to stop posting new threads if you're just going to use WBO as a chatroom for anything random that happens to you.

I found an existing Instruments thread from 2013. You will use that for all your random musical instrument thoughts.
I'm trying to get a metal tone on my electric guitar. Tried all the tuning standard and drop but no luck. Is it my strings or is my guitar.
Does anyone have sheet music for Yoshikage kira’s theme (piano)
Im currently learning how to play the guitar. I love guitars, i think they are really cool instruments.
(Jul. 18, 2020  11:09 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Im currently learning how to play the guitar. I love guitars, i think they are really cool instruments.

Same how do I get my electric guitar to have a metal tone like suicide silence. I tried tuning every way I can. It could be my strings maybe
(Jul. 19, 2020  1:44 AM)g2_ Wrote: Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Yes it is look it up

No, horse radish is an instrument

If our lord and savior Patrick Star says so it is.
(Jul. 19, 2020  1:55 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote:

No, horse radish is an instrument
No Patrick, horse radish is not an instrument.

(Jul. 19, 2020  1:59 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

If our lord and savior Patrick Star says so it is.
Im proud of you.
(Jul. 19, 2020  1:59 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2020  1:59 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: If our lord and savior Patrick Star says so it is.
Im proud of you.

I still watch spongebob on cable TV