Incompetent members, what should we do?

I'm with BBS and Rai on this, a vid could work best. The thing is, people could cheat with the video and just fast forward it to the end, unless you can get it so that the person has to watch the entire video to get the site to unlock.
Also, I could easily get a screen capture program, and take a picture of this so paragraph, pull it up, cheat, and then get in.

You cannot screen capture a video, if we went with video Quiz.

I just say we do a video, must like that one prize website where you have to watch the whole video and get the prize.
I know that some scripts can create a video that has no skipping parts, and only a replay button.
Anyways, guys, I think we should stop making all of these suggestions without a mods input on our ideas.
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:07 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: I'm with BBS and Rai on this, a vid could work best. The thing is, people could cheat with the video and just fast forward it to the end, unless you can get it so that the person has to watch the entire video to get the site to unlock.

Kind of like how YouTube works with ads before videos, except you can't skip it.
Right?
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:10 AM)iBeyblader Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:07 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: I'm with BBS and Rai on this, a vid could work best. The thing is, people could cheat with the video and just fast forward it to the end, unless you can get it so that the person has to watch the entire video to get the site to unlock.

Kind of like how YouTube works with ads before videos, except you can't skip it.
Right?
Precisely. Haha, have a WBO ad, I can see it now...
Erm... pretty low quality.

I thought I would make it? So I will, maybe tomorrow.
Sorry,webcamera problems,fine you do it.
Not saying yours ineligible, just saying I think we need quality in perfect.

I asked Kai-V to read through, cannot wait for her response.
Nor can I. I hope she says 'yes' to your video idea, BBS, I think it's a good idea. And it's 'ineligible', BTW.
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:38 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Erm... pretty low quality.

I thought I would make it? So I will, maybe tomorrow.
Just a thought, people won't really take you seriously if you sit in front of your webcam and start blabbering the rules. Perhaps use WMM to make a text slideshow or something?

Oh, and as a side note for newbs:
Unless the facebolt provides "mystical powers" which will unleash during battle, please refrain from posting what kind of facebolt are you required to place on that combo.
(abbreviations such as MF-F, MF-L, MF-M, MF-H are excluded)

Seriously. Whenever I see a person posting "Facebolt: ", the first thing I do is faceplant on my keyboard.
I wouldn't do that all. I would Hypercam/Camastudio

Also, I PMed Kai-V, she said video still won't work. She is trying to find the website that she mentioned previously.
Did I read somewhere on the forum stats that only a third of members that create an account actually post? The face for signing up would be utterly ridiculous.
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:54 AM)ControL_ Wrote: Did I read somewhere on the forum stats that only a third of members that create an account actually post? The face for signing up would be utterly ridiculous.

And apparently I'm one of the one-third Smile

I have to agree on you with this one. Getting a face upon signup, and getting banned due to posting carp around. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a face, amirite?
Ok,my Idea,is that,not to be harsh but put a warning saying that if you do not follow the rules they will be baned,forcing them to watch the video and follow the rules.They should like 2 warnings the third time,they are banned,hows that.
That's exactly what I was getting at ControL_.
There is no need for a face.
Ultimate KCPJ
No. That's just adding extra work for mods...
Ok,so that wont work,so any other ideas?
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:00 AM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: Ok,so that wont work,so any other ideas?

Reinforcements of the rules, I suppose. Suppose you get a 10% warning. We should either increase it, or to be harsher, double it.
@Errboddeh
Look, it would become total chaos if mods were to give out warnings to every post that is spam. Speechless
Seriously, you guys aren't htinking about that factor, it isn't like they're super fast spam detecting robots who destroy posts or anything.

Then again, maybe they are.
BE AFRAID
@Raygekuh
U make goood poynt, ser, we shud all b afrayd.
I guess the WBO should just carry out, we can all report and stuff. Then the mods ban, suspend, etc.
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:08 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: @Errboddeh
Look, it would become total chaos if mods were to give out warnings to every post that is spam. Speechless
Seriously, you guys aren't htinking about that factor, it isn't like they're super fast spam detecting robots who destroy posts or anything.

BE AFRAID

Kai-V...
Then how are we going to solve this problem then?

If there is nothing we can't do about it whats the point,we just have to keep doing what we are doing now
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:11 AM)Callum6939 Wrote:

BE AFRAID

Kai-V...

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

@BBS
Huh? What? That wouldn't solve any problems, and would diminish the point of this thread Confused But I kind of agree with you. It just seems that the rate of "noobish" users, are increasing every day.
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:15 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:11 AM)Callum6939 Wrote:

BE AFRAID

Kai-V...

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

@BBS
Huh? What? That wouldn't solve any problems, and would diminish the point of this thread Confused But I kind of agree with you. It just seems that the rate of "noobish" users, are increasing every day.
I hate to say this, but should we appoint more moderators? That would decrease the floodage of noobish posts.
I don't think we should really discuss that, as we aren't mods or anything Confused But yeah, I'm pretty sure th!nk will achieve that status soon, he DEFINITELY hates spam posts/noobish posts, and he's got great logic too.