[Illinois/Chicago, USA] Calling Illinois/Chicago Bladers

Poll: Would you attend a qualifier for the WBO North American Championship on Sunday April 28th?

Yes, I'm free and will go!
60.00%
No, that's a bad day for me.
40.00%
Total: 100% 25 vote(s)
I haven't,I would loveto have lots of them later in the future.
(Jan. 07, 2013  7:10 AM)facade Wrote: Oh my god you don't need zero g beys! Why does everyone think that. Literally two posts ago! Mfb blades are good in zero g to. Sorry. Why would you guys want bb-10 I bet you have never had a zero g battle. Not to be rude of anything
He was just stating that. Plus, not everyone has loads of money to spend on spinning tops and swaying plastic bowls. And since when does having a zero g battle make you some sort of amazing accomplished person? Anyway, the reason I think bb 10 would be better because its what more members and newer members are used to. Then if the tournament is a success, we could have another, zero g tournament.
Edit: And I did have multiple Zero g battles. It's nothing to get worked up over.
Sorry didn't mean to be offending I just think it would be more fun
Yooo. Im interested in any beyblade tournaments in chicago or either Illinois real blading in fun
Yooo im interested in starting a beyblade team in i stay in the chicago are please let me know
I live in Chicago
South side to be extract
I've done 4 tournaments since Zero-G has been allowed. I totally prefer BB-10s over BBG-04s. To me technique makes a bigger difference in bb-10s where what you own matters more in Zero-G stadiums. So its a more fair battle in the bb-10 where the kids with more $ and the newest beys have a distinct advantage in Zero-G stadiums.
You also need the latest parts in the regular stadiums. Someone with Earth could not hope to win much these days ... Not even Basalt.
well fine then i guess we could do bb-10. i really thought everyone would like to try zero-g but whatever.
Anyway on to who is hosting.
Coach? Ya still gonna host this?
(Apr. 25, 2009  9:22 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: I'm currently just looking to get an idea of how many players we have in the Chicagoland area that'd be interested in setting something up in the future.

Sorry for not reding this sooner. I am in the Chicago land area.
I meant to say reading. Me speak weller grammar today. Fail
(Jan. 14, 2013  5:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You also need the latest parts in the regular stadiums. Someone with Earth could not hope to win much these days ... Not even Basalt.

Right, sure, ( sarcasm). You would be supprised with what I can cook up wih few different parts. You would be quite supprised indeed. But I get your point.
Sorry to hijack the thread fellas, my son is 5 and is really into beyblade. We live in Pendleton IN.....anyone from around there on here?
are you asking for a tournament around that area or?
Just to let people no as I've posted here before saying I would be able to come to a tournament ...

My mom hates the city of Chicago and doesn't want to drive me there for a tournament but she's okay with Michigan for me, sorry!
it would not be in chicago it would be in a town in the chicago area this is a thread for illinois tournys not michigan
I know ...

I'm just stating that I can't go to a Chicago tournament since I posted before saying I might ...
Alright now is anyone still reading this thread we need a host
I would, but I have no experience hosting.
Everybody starts with zero experience, in life.
Good point, I'm just worried I'll mess something up. Maybe I could co host with someone with hosting experience?
At this point, you might as well just go for it on your own, and if you are lucky an old, experienced host will come back in time, but I would not count on it ... There are a lot of things that can make it easier for you, like if you can use Challonge.com.
I have no experiance whatsoever, but maybe we can learn together and help one another out...just an idea
I live in a small town called Morris its 25 miles west of Joliet ... the Chicago area is an hour drive from me.... I am new to all this but I love to bey battle and i will contribute anyway I can and how can I start trying to host.. I am open to trying to find more bladers in the area and in the community. So anyone who wants to battle just for fun let me know also, If anything i can do to help are community grow and bring out more ppl who play..Stupid Also if you are just looking to battle i enjoy it, its fun so just pm me if your around my area and I will get back to you as soon as I can
(Feb. 06, 2013  12:13 AM)scout25 Wrote: I have no experiance whatsoever, but maybe we can learn together and help one another out...just an idea

I don't have experience either, but I have done stuff like hosting a tournament before. You need leadership to do it well. You just need to keep calm. If you can do that, the rest is simple. Believe me I know precicley what I am talking about.
(Feb. 09, 2013  4:50 PM)l-dragodestroy9 Wrote: I don't have experience either, but I have done stuff like hosting a tournament before. You need leadership to do it well. You just need to keep calm and not loose your temper. If you can do that, the rest is simple. Believe me I know what I am talking about.

And I can basically confirm this. You will just need to minimally manage a crowd, be able to organise matches well despite the situation, and generally know a lot about Beyblade.
What time and place is it going to be at? I might be able to come