If Beyblade was an official sport...

And I'd be 96... XD I like thinking about it like this though, it's interesting :3 It'd be super fun if it got like 10x more popular than it already is :3
I would have found myself a job to look forward too! XD
True! XD I HAVE A LIFE NOW!!!
And I'd be #511 in the world why you put me against strong 33 year old Cali!!???
Anyways, if Beyblading becomes an authentic US sport, I can only imagine the shadow launches or all the immense training in MM to be literal.
(Sep. 04, 2013  6:40 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: And I'd be #511 in the world why you put me against strong 33 year old Cali!!???
Anyways, if Beyblading becomes an authentic US sport, I can only imagine the shadow launches or all the immense training in MM to be literal.
I don't think shadow launches would work well for training XD hilarious as it may be, practicing launching techniques with an actual bey would be best. Also people would build their forearm muscles, tons of wrist curls would take place lol ;p
Ok, so Beyblade is really fun, and even can give you a little exercise a little bit, but should it be a sport? I personally think so, but I'm wondering what you guys think!
Yes beyblade has lots of fans , not as much as soccer,etc but there's a another sport called disc golf and it's not as popular so why can't beyblade be the same thing?
I visited many schools but there was only one which was also fun. I couldnt stand being at the school yard and watching everyone just doing almost nothing but playing with their phones. And then when I was at my second school we Played beyblade during the breaks and it was such a fun, just like playing tennis or football, Sports you know. And it's especially hard work for your mind and your hands. So I dont see any reason why beyblade shouldnt Be a sport
Exactly, it being people together just like many other sports
What do you mean by "should it"?
If it's a sport then it's a sport. If it's not then it's not.
What more do you want it to be?
It will never be featured it the olympics or something like that because you can pay for advantage in this game. And if everyone used the same standard issue Beyblade, then all the fun and most of the strategy of this game would be lost.
Regular Beyblade tournaments are still being held on this planet. And I think that is all we can really ask for.
When I was at @[DraconicArt] 's house for new years celebration we played Beyblade for at least 5 hours a day. I've lost 4 pounds that weekend. So if chess is considered a sport why shouldn't Beigoma/Beyblade be a sport, too? I know that Beyblade is a "toy" but isn't a ball a toy, too?
Absolutely, normally when I get in to a heated battle (no pun intended) I tend to sweat like a lot, so having it exhaust and entertain you makes it the perfect sport for those of anime fans. This would encourage a lot of people to try out beyblade, and since it is not easy unless they seriously work at they won't pass. In short yes it would a fantastic development to the world of sports.
(Mar. 24, 2018  10:51 PM)Penguen0000 Wrote: What do you mean by "should it"?
It will never be featured it the olympics or something like that because you can pay for advantage in this game. And if everyone used the same standard issue Beyblade, then all the fun and most of the strategy of this game would be lost.
Regular Beyblade tournaments are still being held on this planet. And I think that is all we can really ask for.

I'm just asking a question to see what other people think. That's all
(Mar. 25, 2018  4:24 AM)superpete21 Wrote: YES!

I know you mean Beyblade should be Considered a sport. And I think It should be too, We love Beyblade as much as the guy who loves soccer watches the whole tournament in 1 go, we do it too.

BTW, @[superpete21] One word quote is against the rules.
Yes, it should be considered as a sport. In this world it maybe is considered as a kids toy but as many of you have said a 'ball' is also a toy after all.. But for all of us here, I am sure it's more than just a spinning top. Beyblade  teaches us LIFE in a whole different way. It teaches us that at the end of the day you win or lose it does not matter. The fact that you did your best,are willing to come back better next time and are proud of what you did is all that matters. So yes, it should be considered as a sport.
I just don't understand it when you guys say "It should be considered a sport"
What changes when the world accepts Beyblade as a sport? If you consider it a sport, then go ahead and consider it a sport.
Also, the arguement that a ball is also a toy is stupid. Because in ball sports people don't battle each other using their balls. And it's not possible to buy better balls to gain advantage. There is also no mold differences in the balls unless the rules change.
As I said: There ALREADY IS something called Beyblade competition in this planet. What more do you want?
And what do you mean when you say that it should be considered a sport?
(Mar. 25, 2018  10:39 AM)Penguen0000 Wrote: I just don't understand it when you guys say "It should be considered a sport"
What changes when the world accepts Beyblade as a sport? If you consider it a sport, then go ahead and consider it a sport.
Also, the arguement that a ball is also a toy is stupid. Because in ball sports people don't battle each other using their balls. And it's not possible to buy better balls to gain advantage. There is also no mold differences in the balls unless the rules change.
As I said: There ALREADY IS something called Beyblade competition in this planet. What more do you want?

Like a paid sponsorship for being a "pro" blader and having a pro blading league supported by both TakaraTomy & Hasbro with similar format to the WBO that would be broadcast across online streaming platforms for paid revenue. Like getting paid for blading is my idea of making it a real sport. Like imagine a mtn.dew sponsored blader team or something like that lol, and there would be set conferences and official pro tournament circuits. (Basically everything they do for professional gamers can be done for a professional blader)
(Mar. 25, 2018  11:12 AM)Bey_$avage Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2018  10:39 AM)Penguen0000 Wrote: I just don't understand it when you guys say "It should be considered a sport"

Like a paid sponsorship for being a "pro" blader and having a pro blading league supported by both TakaraTomy & Hasbro with similar format to the WBO that would be broadcast across online streaming platforms for paid revenue. Like getting paid for blading is my idea of making it a real sport. Like imagine a mtn.dew sponsored blader team or something like that lol, and there would be set conferences and official pro tournament circuits. (Basically everything they do for professional gamers can be done for a professional blader)

In japan they are pretty close to that with teams like Top Gun and others.
Trust me this has been discussed many time, I personally regard it as a sport
yes i started a beyblade club at my school in arizona

i have 5 people in my club 1 in training
Hell ya its both a mental and physical game i went to a small local event at an anime convention and my shoulders hurt afterwards
(Mar. 24, 2018  10:51 PM)Penguen0000 Wrote: What do you mean by "should it"?

Well you can't buy a better ball, but if you were an Olympic track runner, would the right shoes give you an unfair advantage? No, it's fair because you bought those shoes and won with them! I'd hate to have an olympics littered with Sr0bds, but money can buy you an advantage in most Olympic sports.
Yes definitely but wouldn’t we need anime-size Stadiums or not
I think this would be a good idea and everyone could have their own unique bey (in the different versions. Dual layer, god layer, etc.) So variety wouldn't be an issue.