If Beyblade was an official sport...

Ummm really the point of physical exertion is doing something physical! Why would you bring up mental exertion into this again are you even paying proper attention and when you said about you not winning consistently wining there are other factors besides luck and strength like idk launch technique and just because I joined back in 2010 don't you dare believe I dont have any experience i am 19 years old and have been paying since plastics so don't underestimate me on knowledge and experience Like you said you have been out of beyblade for a while and you dare talk to me about knowledge over types of combos and skills when you haven't been here this whole time in stead of criticizing my post so well with horrible false statements and looking up info about me the same thing you can do to brush up on your current combos and meta-game before you don't know anything and for you to say a low tier combo can beat a high tier one is just insulting
^And even then, MFB's meta game is way different compared to Plastics's. You say you stopped blading so you wouldn't know anything like us.

I for one believe that even if beyblade can't become a sport, it will at least gain the popularity of Chess, with there being Bey club in school and even a Russian super computer that you may battle and get an expensive prize if you win. I mean How much do you have to do to play video games, and that's even a profession. And then look at Skateboarding, it used to be illegal and now it's practically a sport.
Uh guys, I don't really feel like taking sides here but a couple things

1. He actually was here during part of MFB.
2. A low tier combo can beat a high tier one every once in a while. Take Rock Aquario D125 BS in the most recent Mich. tourney.
3. Calm down aurawolf.
4. Plastics are much more complex than MFB, and do require quite a bit of skill.
i diden't say he wasent around during mfb and the way he describes a low tier combo is by pure luck which is not true there are certain circumstances besides just simple luck it does catch my interest on how on earth rock aquario d125 bs is beating current combos and i am calm im not even mad im over talking about this lets just all get back to discussing this thread
Everyone has their disagreements, so just let him believe what he thinks and instead of deraling the thread just let it go, and agree to disagree.
^ Exactly. Everyone can have their opinions so just let them be. Ignore it if you don't like it. Also the topic was how would you IMAGINE beyblade if it was an official sport (read the OP) and not about if you think or not it should be made official sport.
Its just a topic for fun where you imagine what if.
I bet it would start off kind of with an underground feel to it and slowly gain a huge following and from there, sky rocket in terms of popularity, sort of like eSports. You know, at first only being watched by the spectators in person, then streaming online, and then television.

Street Blading with there being stakes would be awesome, like each blader putting up money, parts, or even the winner takes the losers blade.

Larger, and more unique stadiums, such as ones seen in the series would be absolutely amazing.

Beyblade Shops that offered all sorts of parts, gear, repairs, upgrades, etc.
That's practically how Hasbro shows things in their commercials. Maybe WBO members in large cities can find an abandoned warehouse and videos could be put on the beychannel.
haahah that would be great if were gonna get bigger stadiums we need more powerful launcher but would also mean for them to strengthen the beys as well to handle the power or else they would break
I forgot about the commercials, haha.

It is always like in a cage with cheering fans around it.

Actually, there are already some modded launchers that can produce RPM's of 10,000 and there is also one that will launch Beyblade's at 21,000 RPM's. Pretty ridiculous.
(Jul. 01, 2013  6:43 AM)aurawolf Wrote: haahah that would be great if were gonna get bigger stadiums we need more powerful launcher but would also mean for them to strengthen the beys as well to handle the power or else they would break

You know what would be cool(and still be possible) if beyblades had gears inside them to keep them spinning, I wonder if I could do that?
you saw that on beyblade geeks huh lol but the beys will still need to be reinforced to be used with those because i sure would not want to battle with current beys spinning at 21,000 RPM's
(Jul. 01, 2013  7:00 AM)aurawolf Wrote: you saw that on beyblade geeks huh lol but the beys will still need to be reinforced to be used with those because i sure would not want to battle with current beys spinning at 21,000 RPM's

Yeah I did. Some seem to work and do fine, but I have heard with those launchers that it is not a rare occasion to experience breakage.

It just goes to show that it is possible though.

The "gears inside" would be pretty cool, but it would pretty much be like a constant EG or like one of the RC Beyblades where the tip would constantly spin.
You know the mechanic papa made those right? He's on the wbo.
(Jul. 01, 2013  6:58 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2013  6:43 AM)aurawolf Wrote: haahah that would be great if were gonna get bigger stadiums we need more powerful launcher but would also mean for them to strengthen the beys as well to handle the power or else they would break

You know what would be cool(and still be possible) if beyblades had gears inside them to keep them spinning, I wonder if I could do that?

Plastics had engine gears :3 I've only seen it used once but there were three different types I think, but yeah Smile

OH! And Kai Hiwatari, you just called us all hipsters XD (I bet it would start off kind of with an underground feel to it and slowly gain a huge following and from there, sky rocket in terms of popularity, sort of like eSports.)
Kyler - yeah I know, I have seen all of his videos. He is truly the "Chief" of real life blading.

DrPepsidew - I did not even realize that, but I guess I did haha.
In the sense of a sport, sure. But to go way back where to say in the Olympics, no, not for a while.

If this were to be, then the tech for MFB, Z-G, and first gen--They would need to be updated, like a LOT.

But, if it were a sport, it would be nice.

However, some flaws:

1. The beys could be used as a dangerous mechanism(almost to say there would be a "bad guy"(such as twisted tempo producing force to destroy a city[obviously, you'd need to be a mad scientist to know how to do that lol])

2. People would want to be like the characters in the show, causing more destruction(we don't want a Nemesis flying around here, now would we?)

3. You would need years of intellect to fix the beys into new Ultra-Beyblades.

But other than that(I have doubts on the first one, but who knows? --these could be used for war, one day)

Great thread.
You could say the same for any sport. Discus for example. Those things are way more dangerous than tops.
Also, I highly doubt any professional players would want to be anything like the characters in the show, nor would beyblades even be able to be used for anything destructive.
It would be nice if Beyblade gained popularity. However I really doubt it will go beyond chess or eSports level, IF it arrives there one day.
It'll be great if beyblade is taken as a official sport.
I believe beyblade can gain popularity equal to other sports like chess etc..
But for that we bladers need to step up.
Takara/Hasbro can release loads of beyblades but At last we are the ones to use them. WBO is putting great effort in that but it'll take more that this to skyrocket beyblade popularity..

But that's just my opinion.. Grin
Well, LoL (League of Legends) was recently considered a sport by the US. So, if a MMO could reach it there, beyblades can get up there too.
If it was an official sport, than bladers that are up in age (15,16,etc.) wouldn't have to worry about things like 'reputation' or 'popularity'.
(Aug. 22, 2013  7:42 PM)Samurai_Ifraid1 Wrote: If it was an official sport, than bladers that are up in age (15,16,etc.) wouldn't have to worry about things like 'reputation' or 'popularity'.

heavy jock beybladers walking up to a quarterback "get out of my way nerd"*shove*
but )I think it is a sport, it just isn't recognized. someone mentioned it, but Rc beys are the only way non-attack types would require skill

who knows what will happen in the future
(Aug. 22, 2013  9:00 PM)Ifrit Wrote: heavy jock beybladers walking up to a quarterback "get out of my way nerd"*shove*
Where is the like button lol!!
If beyblade was an official sport, I'd be the 91st best out of all of the WBO members. XD XD XD