ITS THE RACING GAMES THREAD

NFS Undercover is not that good - it's just MW again with a Fast And The Furious story

the cutscenes and all are good but i found the game pretty terrible (recycled)
(Jan. 01, 2009  9:39 AM)utsavkotrial Wrote: NFS Undercover is not that good - it's just MW again with a Fast And The Furious story

the cutscenes and all are good but i found the game pretty terrible (recycled)

NFS has gone sooo downhill. Unhappy
I hear NFS cancelled after this one.
Are those all in game shots? Or promo vids?
In game.
Ooooo.....they're really nice. Smile I want it. ;__;
yea its eye candy, but its nuts once you see it in motion.
Good nuts or bad nuts? D:
I played the original Motorstorm and really didn't like it. The controls and physics are wayyyy too floaty.

It was really pretty though.
I really beg to differ, but anyway MS PR is improved in every way, quite different from Motorstorm.
you could try the demo, keeping in mind the finalgame is even better

also split screen rules.
Playing alot to day, I just had to boost it.

MOTORSTORM: Pacific Rift is Far and Away the Best Racer out, bar none.
Provided your not looking for too much realism or technical circuits, kicks so much carp. Nothing like the straight up racing. awsome track design. dynamic races, with crashes taking place around you. Custom soundtracks. Splitscreen.
Tonight, I didn't win the race, kept getting second place on one of the last races, but I was so satisfied driving my Dirt Bike between a Dump Truck and a Monster Truck without getting crunched.

My little sister loves it. I dunno why. We play splitscreen weekly.

I emplore anyone with an interest to download the new Demo 2.0, the track is Razorback and it is representative of the final game unlike before.
Man I really have no excitement for GT5... sim racing seems so dry these days.
Anyone ever played Midnight Club?
Need for Speed all the way. Other than that go to Forza.
You people and your realistic car simulators.
My list of good racing games (in no real order):
-Snowboard Kids 1/2/plus
-Starwars Episode 1: Racer
-Mario Kart 7 (and no other Mario Kart)
-F-Zero GX
-Diddy Kong Racing (not the DS remake)

probably missing a couple.
my favorite racing game is need for speed shift
A few of my faves-

Re-Volt-
This game is almost as old as I am, and it was my first racing game I ever played. It's fun, because the game comes with a track creator, and the software is designed so it's easy to make user-generated content. Even after fourteen years, it's still possible to download custom tracks and cars; you can get tracks based off of anything from the Matrix to the Candyland board game to replicas of actual racetracks. I even have a car that is a penguin on skis!

Blur-
This is a really fun game, with Mario Kart-style powerups in a more realistic setting. It's challenging, and that's what's fun about it.

Split/Second-
I almost like this more than Blur or even Re-Volt, because the objective of the game is to blow stuff up. Around the track, there are traps that are pre-set. By drifting or simply driving, you gain power that can be spent to activate traps, in an attempt to slow down or destroy your opponents. It's incredibly satisfying to blow up a cruise liner, destroy a bridge, and generally wreak havoc.
Y.favourite was blur. It is reallyvfum
Did anyone get Need for Speed Rivals yet?

Planning to get it for Christmas........