IMPORTANT UPDATE DATE CHANGE-IBA Presents- Battle Of The Boroughs! NJ/NY

Your reputation is negative 3 because of your earlier posts...not posts made recently.

Also, I just PM'ed you my reservations about the blade. I will also post them publicily.

They are as follows:

The switching mechanic seems a bit stuck. You alluded to some sand in there making it tight, and while I understand that you can't do much about that, and you did it accidentally do it, this is a modification that gives you an advantage. This advantage can be seen because during the tournament, against even attack types, you managed to always stay in endurance mode, whereas a normal Dranzer S base usually switch modes when getting hit. The additional weight, while maybe adding to .2-.7 grams of weight, is still an issue.

The second issue is your tip. The tip was very worn, and comparing it to my semi worn Dranzer S tip, it seems that yours could be considered a bit more than normal wear and tear. You seemed to be able to ride the tornado ridge in endurance mode, and I believed that it had been worn to a shape of a metal change, if not a metal semi-flat, when originally it should be sharp. My worn version exhibited the same symptoms, while my mint version did not
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the poorly run tournament, and I will do everything in my power to make sure the next one is run fairly. I will not blade in the next one in order to maximize my judging capabilities.

Please expect the next tournament to be run very well. It will be a lot smoother.
so pretty much people are going to think i cheated due to the accident?
(Aug. 04, 2008  4:35 PM)Bluezee Wrote: so pretty much people are going to think i cheated due to the accident?

Even if you didn't mean to cheat (which I am sure you didn't), the fact remains that your Beyblade was illegally modified. Here is a quote from the official IBA rules: "Any altering of the original parts is considered illegal. This includes inserting and/or applying any foreign substance (paint and coating is allowed), intentional wearing of parts (natural, moderate wear from usage is allowed), and any other modification that alters the part from its original form. ". From what I have read, you have both applied a foreign substance, and worn down your parts unnaturally.

I won't get into a big discussion about this, as I already talked it over with Brad and he says there is nothing we can really do because the judges made their decision to let you play with that Beyblade. I just want to know what made the other judges (not you flashfox) think that this Beyblade was legal. This is absolutely unacceptable, as Brad stated. It skews the results of all the matches you participated in.
No, I am not accusing you of cheating. You did not do these modifications purposefully, and you did not intend to make your blade better. With no intent, this was just an accident.

But I am just telling you that now that you are aware of it, and that I will declare it DQ'ed next time.

I think brad is more pissed at us for letting you blade with the blade than with you doing it, as we should be the more experienced bladers who know better than to let a beyblade like yours in. Again, your modifications were an accident that you had no ill intentions.

Your beyblade will most likely be not allowed for future tournaments unless you get replacement.
(Aug. 04, 2008  4:48 PM)flashfox Wrote: I think brad is more pissed at us for letting you blade with the blade than with you doing it, as we should be the more experienced bladers who know better than to let a beyblade like yours in. Again, your modifications were an accident that you had no ill intentions.

This is exactly what the problem is. We're not trying to say you cheated purposefully Bluezee, its just that you should not have used that Beyblade and the judges should have known better.
okay then..it just feels like one way or another, people(not you flash) are going to consider me as a cheater and look at it as i did it purposely since they were not there themselves..but ill make sure to have more spares just in case this situation comes again where i need to change parts
Bluezee, I know you didn't do it on purpose. I have no plans to disqualify your victory.
oh ok i understand now
(Aug. 04, 2008  4:50 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2008  4:48 PM)flashfox Wrote: I think brad is more pissed at us for letting you blade with the blade than with you doing it, as we should be the more experienced bladers who know better than to let a beyblade like yours in. Again, your modifications were an accident that you had no ill intentions.

This is exactly what the problem is. We're not trying to say you cheated purposefully Bluezee, its just that you should not have used that Beyblade and the judges should have known better.

Yeah I was the other judge and i was unaware of the whole sand thing until I faced him. So I couldnt make the decision to dq the blade. I really didnt know it affected the blade that much. I will talk about it more after the videos have been released. I am sorry to you guys for allowing this blade in the competiion.
well just so everyone is aware, i didnt have any idea it would alter the blade that much either...but i got new replacement parts so it will definitely be fair and some new combos of mine will be used as well so there will be no speculation or things being unfair at BoTB2
(Aug. 05, 2008  1:12 AM)Bluezee Wrote: well just so everyone is aware, i didnt have any idea it would alter the blade that much either...but i got new replacement parts so it will definitely be fair and some new combos of mine will be used as well so there will be no speculation or things being unfair at BoTB2
Well, the rule doesn't state if it really matters how much it alters the Beyblade. Its just applying any foreign substance to the Beyblade is illegal, whether by accident or not.
well yea that undertandable
I looked at the bayblade. Saw no sand.
If there was sand it was to small off an amount to be signifigant.
Thats what i said, i took it out but there seems to still be speculation..i made sure the switch was back to normal and there was absolutely no sand
There is nothing we're going to do about it now, but the rules are the rules. When it says no foreign substance can be added, it doesn't mean, "But you can have a TINY bit of sand if you want". If it was involved an accident earlier, it wouldn't be safe to use it, even if you couldn't see any of the sand at the time of inspection.
Honestly I think this has become a mountain from a mole hill.

I never knew either of my Dranzer Sprials to change modes In the middle of a battle.
It would stay in endurance mode all battle, with no modification.

As for the rule about foreign substances, I understand but meanwhile this is not a TAKARA tourney. I understand this is the first of the IBA sanctioned tourneys but really it was like 8 people? If the participants do not see problems, then on this level I'd say the effects were negligable. Also as mentioned there was no mal-intent.

anyway you 've all said your pieces, I just wanted to give mine.
don't mean to start argument either.
thanks blue..that cleared things up a lot and i also never knew mine changed modes either to be completely honest and i had about 5 over my period of 7-8 years of blading so i didnt exactly see wat was wrong...and like u said, there was no mal-intent so there shouldnt even really be a dispute on somethin small and minor like this
Anyway, Hopefully next time it won't take as long as this one did. (lol like 4 hours)
i loved the fact that it was so long..more blading!
yeah hopefully it will go longer next time haha
i would like it to go on longer as well
(Aug. 05, 2008  5:30 PM)Bluezee Wrote: i would like it to go on longer as well

(still blading in the dark)
soooooo
who actually won? and who finished second?
(Aug. 05, 2008  6:27 PM)SK Wrote: soooooo
who actually won? and who finished second?

I will post a detailed report once the videos are up.
Uhhh I don't know if I can say yet we wanted to get the videos up first

speaking of that when are the vids getting up
and flash wana send me the files?