IMPORTANT - SPINOFF IS BACK ON! :D

on
Hosted by
  Rocky
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Yes, you read that right, Spinoff is back on!

After a little negotiation the guys at the MCM Expo have agreed to give us some space for the tourney. Awesome, right? Now here's the hard part: forget everything you have previously heard about Spinoff. Seriously, it'll just confuse the hell out of you. Let's start a fresh, okay?

Okay. Spinoff is now a two day event. It'd be great if you could make both days but if you can only make one then that is fine too. We will have the main tourney on Saturday 23rd. It is scheduled to start at 12:00. This may be pushed back till like 12:30 if people are stuck in queues, etc, but no later than this. If you want to take part you must have registered before then. We will have free battles and demos to the other Expo attendees on both the Saturday (when we're not doing the tourney) and the following Sunday. We may have a mini tourney on the Sunday, depending on the number of people.

The actual tourney will start at roughly midday on the Saturday. If you've put down that you're coming and I can see you're not there then I can wait a bit but I'd like to get it started around that time. I'll post a picture or something later but for now, my number is *number deleted because you don't need it anymore*. Use as appropriate (running late, can't find us, etc.)

As Spinoff is now being hosted inside the Expo, you must buy a ticket. You can either buy a Fast Track Ticket that will allow you early and relatively queue free access to the event, or you can turn up on the day and buy a ticket when you get there. However, if you do this then you may have to wait in some pretty long queues. For that reason, it is advised that you order tickets in advance. For more inormation, please look here: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_information/tickets.html

Transport to the Excel Center is easy as it has very close train and DLR links. Just start at the Excel Center and work backwords to your house! If you have any queries on how to get there then please PM me so I can help you out. Alternatively, this may be of help: http://www.excel-london.co.uk/visitors/travel

It would be nice if you could PM me or post to say you're definitely coming but if not then don't worry. In any case, spread the word and bring along as many friends as you can!

If you have any other questions or queries please ask here or PM me. I'll be sure to answer quickly. If it is a smaller question I would appreciate it if you PMed me rather than spamming up the thread. Thanks a lot in advance. Wink

Obviously the most important part is that we all get to meet and battle each other, but, as an added bonus, we have some prizes. Wink

~Saturday~
1st Prize: 4x RBV2
2nd Prize: 3x RBV2
3rd Prize: 2x RBV2

~Sunday~
1st Prize: 1x RBV2
2nd Prize: 1x RBV2
3rd Prize: 1x RBV2

For those of you who are curious, RBV2 is a pretty awesome RB. Most of the blades in it have good parts, and there's the chance of getting a Libra which is obviously a staple part. Here's what you could win:

Aquario 105B
Aquario DF145SF
Bull DF145HF
Libra 100F
Libra D125HF
Pisces D125BS
Virgo 100B
Virgo 125BS

It seems an attendance list is necessary so.....here we go. Joyful_3 It'd be great if anyone who is 'unconfirmed' could confirm whatever their answer may be as soon as possible. I do apologise if there are any mistakes, I'm sure you can understand that with all the 'it's on', 'no it's off', 'no it's on', 'no it's off' stuff, it is a little confusing. ^^;

Hosts (both days)
Rocky
Blitz
BeyUK-Espio

Confirmed Attendees (saturday unless stated otherwise)
Agitation
BEYKID247
beysharkboy
Beyunit-DL
Brian (no idea, Espio's mate)
Charlotte (possibly both days? need to ask Blitz)
cutewolfsam (possibly both days)
dieddead46 (sunday only)
Driger
KidTala
LeeDraciel
Munkerz (both days)
Newt (no idea)
revertedtozero
Ryan (no idea, Espio's mate)
Samstar1990
Serpentious
TowelTerror
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

Not so sure about...
Willz
Iwillstealyourpocky
Zander
Pikachao
Gravity Fox
kaneholt
revertedtozero
GBB-Shadow
Mistrix636
Azuki-san

I am hesitant to put any more than that. I don't want people to be put down for something they had no intension of going to and then people getting annoyed at them for it. ^^; Who knows, I may have already put too much. :X

As you can see on page 12, Espio is working on another list but let's wait a little till that's updated here. :3

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

no not really lol i beat you once and in the other ones i was close
Your just coming off-topic now...
No they aren't. They are talking about their matches.
(May. 30, 2009  2:31 PM)KidTala - KT Wrote: Your just coming off-topic now...
How is me and beyunit going off topic, we were talking about the matches at the spinoff.
yeh man and kidtala have you got my PM
Now you are :\
This thread should probably be locked, Spinoffs over, and this is just turning in to a spam thread.
It could still be used for videos and such though.
We should make a Thread for the Videos/Photos.
There was one video made during Spinoff of 2 out of 3 rounds of a battle, one Rocky made of the expo area before anything was set up, and as far as I know, all the photos from Spinoff have been posted.
(May. 30, 2009  9:30 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: This thread should probably be locked, Spinoffs over, and this is just turning in to a spam thread.

Then we'll start warning those who spam.
(May. 30, 2009  10:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Then we'll start warning those who spam.

Lol

Does anyone have any videos of my matches? I wouldn't have thought so but it would be cool if someone did. Unfortunately, I did have anyone that would have been able to for me.
Congrats on the new faces rocky and congrats on the new beypoints everyone,and I hope everyone had a good time at beyday events like this one,since I did majorly nothing on Beyday.
We have a bunch of random clips and pics to work with...maybe we should put them together or something?
Just inquiring, will there be a spinoff next year? if so, count me in! unfortunately i wasnt a member of wbo in may =(
*sigh*...Why revive a thread that hasn't been posted in since 30th May? If there was any news on an MCM Expo event then anybody involved in the organizing of the event would have posted.
whats the date of this one? i looked on the site, but it only said something about may and october 2010. unless you meen then, is there a date im missing?
oh, never mind, i just read this page of posts
please can any of you beybladers create an event for this week at the excel, st james park or regent park please
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from ferbruary 1st to february 8th
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats monday 1st of feb to monday 8th of feb please if you can
^ Youve already asked this in another thread, answers can be found there.

I think this thread can probably be locked now..