IMPORTANT - SPINOFF IS BACK ON! :D

on
Hosted by
  Rocky
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Yes, you read that right, Spinoff is back on!

After a little negotiation the guys at the MCM Expo have agreed to give us some space for the tourney. Awesome, right? Now here's the hard part: forget everything you have previously heard about Spinoff. Seriously, it'll just confuse the hell out of you. Let's start a fresh, okay?

Okay. Spinoff is now a two day event. It'd be great if you could make both days but if you can only make one then that is fine too. We will have the main tourney on Saturday 23rd. It is scheduled to start at 12:00. This may be pushed back till like 12:30 if people are stuck in queues, etc, but no later than this. If you want to take part you must have registered before then. We will have free battles and demos to the other Expo attendees on both the Saturday (when we're not doing the tourney) and the following Sunday. We may have a mini tourney on the Sunday, depending on the number of people.

The actual tourney will start at roughly midday on the Saturday. If you've put down that you're coming and I can see you're not there then I can wait a bit but I'd like to get it started around that time. I'll post a picture or something later but for now, my number is *number deleted because you don't need it anymore*. Use as appropriate (running late, can't find us, etc.)

As Spinoff is now being hosted inside the Expo, you must buy a ticket. You can either buy a Fast Track Ticket that will allow you early and relatively queue free access to the event, or you can turn up on the day and buy a ticket when you get there. However, if you do this then you may have to wait in some pretty long queues. For that reason, it is advised that you order tickets in advance. For more inormation, please look here: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_information/tickets.html

Transport to the Excel Center is easy as it has very close train and DLR links. Just start at the Excel Center and work backwords to your house! If you have any queries on how to get there then please PM me so I can help you out. Alternatively, this may be of help: http://www.excel-london.co.uk/visitors/travel

It would be nice if you could PM me or post to say you're definitely coming but if not then don't worry. In any case, spread the word and bring along as many friends as you can!

If you have any other questions or queries please ask here or PM me. I'll be sure to answer quickly. If it is a smaller question I would appreciate it if you PMed me rather than spamming up the thread. Thanks a lot in advance. Wink

Obviously the most important part is that we all get to meet and battle each other, but, as an added bonus, we have some prizes. Wink

~Saturday~
1st Prize: 4x RBV2
2nd Prize: 3x RBV2
3rd Prize: 2x RBV2

~Sunday~
1st Prize: 1x RBV2
2nd Prize: 1x RBV2
3rd Prize: 1x RBV2

For those of you who are curious, RBV2 is a pretty awesome RB. Most of the blades in it have good parts, and there's the chance of getting a Libra which is obviously a staple part. Here's what you could win:

Aquario 105B
Aquario DF145SF
Bull DF145HF
Libra 100F
Libra D125HF
Pisces D125BS
Virgo 100B
Virgo 125BS

It seems an attendance list is necessary so.....here we go. Joyful_3 It'd be great if anyone who is 'unconfirmed' could confirm whatever their answer may be as soon as possible. I do apologise if there are any mistakes, I'm sure you can understand that with all the 'it's on', 'no it's off', 'no it's on', 'no it's off' stuff, it is a little confusing. ^^;

Hosts (both days)
Rocky
Blitz
BeyUK-Espio

Confirmed Attendees (saturday unless stated otherwise)
Agitation
BEYKID247
beysharkboy
Beyunit-DL
Brian (no idea, Espio's mate)
Charlotte (possibly both days? need to ask Blitz)
cutewolfsam (possibly both days)
dieddead46 (sunday only)
Driger
KidTala
LeeDraciel
Munkerz (both days)
Newt (no idea)
revertedtozero
Ryan (no idea, Espio's mate)
Samstar1990
Serpentious
TowelTerror
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

Not so sure about...
Willz
Iwillstealyourpocky
Zander
Pikachao
Gravity Fox
kaneholt
revertedtozero
GBB-Shadow
Mistrix636
Azuki-san

I am hesitant to put any more than that. I don't want people to be put down for something they had no intension of going to and then people getting annoyed at them for it. ^^; Who knows, I may have already put too much. :X

As you can see on page 12, Espio is working on another list but let's wait a little till that's updated here. :3

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(May. 24, 2009  7:48 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: yeah i was so annoyed that i couldn't make it today because i didnt get to battle rocky and espio so you better be ready at the summer meet Wink

I did, once each and I completely lost against Espio and that was in the Tournament. Unhappy

I will see you all again one day, maybe in the summer meet up, if I can.
Today was great Grin Just got in and I'm shattered, was really nice meeting you all! Now, meat feast pizza time Smile
(May. 24, 2009  7:54 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: I did, once each and I completely lost against Espio and that was in the Tournament. Unhappy

I will see you all again one day, maybe in the summer meet up, if I can.

haha yeah i beat you too lol =p
(May. 24, 2009  7:57 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: haha yeah i beat you too lol =p

You did, since when? Chocked_2

I wish i could have meet you Diedead............wait, you changed your name. Anyway, would have been nice to meet you.
(May. 24, 2009  7:58 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: You did, since when? Chocked_2

I wish i could have meet you Diedead............wait, you changed your name. Anyway, would have been nice to meet you.

What you mean since when, i beat you before the tourney started
(May. 24, 2009  7:58 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: You did, since when? Chocked_2

I changed it because nobody can bloody spell it XD! Would have been nice to meet you too Zander : ) Got to play against Rocky and Blitz though, so that was cool ^ ^
My cravings for metal faces have gotten worse since I saw Rockys black libra combo though Tired
Today was epic. Everyone is so awesome. Except Matt and I ended up walking for an hour and a half, in the heat, stadiums and all, because we missed the last bus. We're crashing at Burger King now.
Man i have a rival at last that guy called XcelAngryStupid
(May. 24, 2009  8:16 PM)Rocky Wrote: Today was epic. Everyone is so awesome. Except Matt and I ended up walking for an hour and a half, in the heat, stadiums and all, because we missed the last bus. We're crashing at Burger King now.
Ah, that sucks! I barely got it, think you must have missed it by quite a bit ><
How long did you stay for after I left?
(May. 24, 2009  8:16 PM)Rocky Wrote: Today was epic. Everyone is so awesome. Except Matt and I ended up walking for an hour and a half, in the heat, stadiums and all, because we missed the last bus. We're crashing at Burger King now.

Lol, Unlucky but i am sure you will be fine but still, keep safe on your way back.

Also, Sorry Flightyellz, I spelt it wrong in that post as wellPinching_eyes but I do now how to spell it, I just somehow missed the 'd' that is suppose to be there.

Anyway, it's all over now and we can all rest, even those that really need it. Smile
So do i get a bronze face now for coming 3rd in a wbo tournament?
(May. 24, 2009  8:24 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: So do i get a bronze face now for coming 3rd in a wbo tournament?

Yes.
edit: Aqua beat me to it.
Yes you do Lee, the same way that anyone who placed 3rd in a tournament would Tired
Beypoints and faces will be sorted at a later point I'd guess, right now all those involved in running Spinoff must be on their last legs.
Give them a break and be patient.
Gasp It all sounded like an awesome weekend. Hope you all had a great time without me...
I'll try and do my best to make it to the next one!
I wish you were there NeekAlert D:

EDIT: And thanks for all the YouTube views guys Grin

EDIT 2:I should have brought you Tickets and Travel Stuff for your birthday XD
Whelp, it's finally over. I just got back home. A little late but we, uh, ended up missing a few trains. On top of the missed bus. *transport fail* XD

This weekend was really fun. Today was great; we had a load of people blading and trying things out and then later on when things had died down a bit, we had the tourney which was great. A load of good bladers. Grin There were thirteen of us at the end of the day which was actually a great number. Enough to have a load of fun, not so many that everything was stressy and unorganized. We did a full Round Robin. XD Was pretty cool though time was tight. Pinching_eyes_2

Points and carp may take a while to process. Everything was written quickhand and I need to make sense of it all. XD I don't think I really took many, if any, pictures in the end as we were busy but there were some people who did, hopefully they should get up eventually.
You only just got back! Gasp Bloody hell woman!
I'm glad you had a good time, better than my weekend. I've wasted all my time playing Pokemon Platinum XD
I really want to see some more footage and photos if possible, then I can edit pictures of my self in there and pretend I went...
Wow, so you actually ended up doing another tourney today. I'm assuming you don't know the results of it yet though (as in 1st, 2nd, 3rd).
I got back around the same time yesterday actually. And the day before that. ^^; Not really that late when you consider that most cons don't finish till really late anyways. XD

Lmao, poor Neek. We have to have a more Northern tourney at some point. Pinching_eyes_2

Oh and, only downside of the weekend would be the number of blades that got lost/broken/stolen.....Pinching_eyes_2 I managed to take a picture of the crushed HF before it got taken though. XD *see breaks thread in a few minutes*
Whoops, forgot about results. 1st was Black_Rose, 2nd was BeyUK-Espio, 3rd was theflightyellz (better known as dieddead46). The really deserved it. Joyful_3
How did Hasbro feel about you guys being right across from them?
Mm, they weren't really there much. I mean, the stall was under their name and all but it was all Magic The Gathering carp. Also, it might not be so clear from the map but we weren't that close. I think a few of the surrounding stalls were suprised from all the raucous coming from us, on the first day at least.

The tourney was pretty long today, towards the end the organizer people were just like 'look, we're kind of supposed to be closed now, we really need you to chuck these guys out'. So we grabbed an attack stadium and all legged it out into the main hall. I'm carp at explaining but it was pretty hilarious at the time. XD
Oooh, boo! I was hoping they'd go and talk to you.

That sounds like some of what we've had to do, people keep telling us to move because we're a fire hazard.
The thing that made me laugh the most, was they were moaning at us to get out, followed quickly by the two female security members hugging each other, and holding out a camera to take a picture of themselves...
It was nice out in the hallway though, I'd almost forgotten what sitting on a floor, and breeze felt like XD
Lol, I didn't see that. Worse/most hilarious part was when they attacked that kid for sneaking back in to blade with us when they were trying to close the place.
I had a great weekend! Grin
Even though I'm gonna end up with less BP's, as I didn't do too great >.> all fun none the less. Did loose quite a bit of stuff though, but it's not too bad just glad it got some people interested.
Other than that everything was epic, it's awsome to meet people that actually understand what your talking about Grin. I failed at getting pictures also, was too busy trying to do other things.
Well just can't wait for the next UK meet up, so I can see you all again Tongue_out

Also saw some of my mates at the expo, my plan to try and avoid them tottaly failed... But hey none of them really said anything lol. Wonder what they will say when I see them next lol.