IBA PROJECT REVIVAL

As I said, I'm still working that out. I'm trying to decide whether or not it will imbalance rankings.
Bey Brad Wrote:As I said, I'm still working that out. I'm trying to decide whether or not it will imbalance rankings.
The people who place that high in a tournament, deserve to have some sort of an advantage! Maybe you could just put an asterisk beside the persons name if they placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in an IBA tournament? This way, the difference in points will at least be explained.
Kei Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:As I said, I'm still working that out. I'm trying to decide whether or not it will imbalance rankings.
The people who place that high in a tournament, deserve to have some sort of an advantage! Maybe you could just put an asterisk beside the persons name if they placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in an IBA tournament? This way, the difference in points will at least be explained.

They would receive stamps.

They're going to receive a bonus anyway, considering they won more battles than anyone else in the tournament.

Also, this format allows people to battle for IBA points even outside of IBA points, as long as both players report their wins and losses. So, there's nothing to stop two players who know each other from battling for points. Smile
Well the winers will have more BP regardless. Hmmm
It could be a thing like winning a match that desides 3rd gets +20
geting second is +30 and 1st +50?
i wonder how many people who played in BoTB has
(Aug. 08, 2008  2:21 AM)Bluezee Wrote: i wonder how many people who played in BoTB has

I haven't sent the scores to Brad yet. I haven't had the time to send them.
When will an IBA sanctioned tournament be held and i dont need to fill out anything i can just say im a member and im in?
All you have to do is sign up for this message board and you already did that Smile
wow that was easy lo
Wow that was easy 0Smile

so if i ever go to one of theese tournys i can just say im a member and they let me in?
Anyone can compete. Even non members. To get BP you need to be a member (which you already are).
sorry if all theese questions are geting anoying but i forgot to ask how do i get this blader pastport thingy

(last question i swear)
Its okay you can ask as many questions as you want Smile
After you compete in an IBA event you will get one if you are a member of the message boards. As of right now they are not ready.
And will there be any tournaments held in the UK in the future?
(Aug. 18, 2008  2:49 PM)The_Blader Wrote: will any of teh bp point tourneys be in Canada?

Yes, there are quite a few members in Canada so you can expect to see tournaments happening in the future.
oh yeah, and doesnt iba stand for "international bdaman ascossiation"? (sorry if i misspelled that.
(Aug. 18, 2008  2:58 PM)The_Blader Wrote: oh yeah, and doesnt iba stand for "international bdaman ascossiation"? (sorry if i misspelled that.

yeah

but carp b-daman this is beyblade

(also IBA is basically Hasbro's JBA and as such does not really count because Hasbro doesn't really do anything right)
yeah i basically just decided SCREW B-DAMAN

IBA sounds cool
Just checking in to let everyone know that I have not abandoned this project. So just coming in to share some information with you.

Firstly, I am abolishing the Blader IDs. As cool as they are, it's a lot of hassle and the less work we have to do in the backend, the easier it is for the IBA to move forward and the more likely it is to be a successful project. Points will be attributed to user's Beywiki account and medals/stamps/whatever I end up calling them will be viewable in user profiles.

You will be able to have IBA point battles outside of sanctioned tournaments as long as you have another IBA member to Beyblade with. However, there will be measures in place to prevent "point-spamming."

Also, rather than the initial (+10points/-10points) system that I originally had in place, I am planning to implement the Elo system. This way, a player cannot constantly defeat the same player over and over and gain the same amount of points. I'll give an example.

Let's say both Bladers have 1500 BP. They are equal level. Player 1 beats Player 2. Here is the points calculation:

Player 1 gains 16 points, Player 2 loses 16 points.

However, let's say Player 1 has a ranking of 1600, and Player 2 has a ranking of 1500. Player 2 wins. Because Player 2's ranking is lower, it is assumed that Player 1 is more likely to win the battle. Therefore, Player 2 gains 20 points and Player 1 loses 20 points.

You can see the Elo calculator here:

http://www.namibianchessfederation.com/P...ulator.php

Would love to hear your feedback.
i understand this concept..this is similar to pokemon league..if u play someone weaker, u lose points, stronger, even if u lose, u gain somethin but not the full benefit...this may become interesting..the only issue i have is how would u know if the person has more points during the time of the battle..its not like we have a device to know or something..how will this work?
(Aug. 28, 2008  12:58 PM)Bluezee Wrote: i understand this concept..this is similar to pokemon league..if u play someone weaker, u lose points, stronger, even if u lose, u gain somethin but not the full benefit...this may become interesting..the only issue i have is how would u know if the person has more points during the time of the battle..its not like we have a device to know or something..how will this work?

I don't think it makes sense for you lose points if you beat someone of a lower level, I think you should just gain less points instead. But, apart from the issue Bluezee raises in the last 3 or so lines, I think this is a great idea Joyful_3
That ranking system sounds much better.

Should we have a minimum amount of battles for a person to qualify? I don't think a person should be rewarded for being complacent after winning a few battles.
i think qualification is needed...that way, people just dont keep losing points or others who have more points keep losing them bcuz they keep playing that person who doesnt have as many
Yeah, but if somebody is at a lower level than their opponent, they can lose and still gain points depending on the difference between the players' points. I don't think this is fair, because the winner will lose points as well.
thats what i mean..so im trying to find possible changes right now with my new plan to create a new system that could at into this one