IBA PROJECT REVIVAL

IBA PROJECT

I am proud to announce the revival of the IBA project. IBA stands for International Beyblade Association and it is a way to unite Bladers all around the world.

Okay, but what is it really?

IBA is a universal Beyblade registry. To be registered for the IBA, all you need to do is have a Beywiki Forums account. Beyblade tournaments that are sanctioned by the IBA will award Beybattle Points (BP) to attending Bladers.

So talk about the registry.

Bladers will be registered to the IBA under their Beywiki Forums account username (of course,, this can be changed at any time). Bladers can print off or recieve from IBA representatives their Blader ID, which is an ID card containing the proper IBA information.

What about Beybattle Points?

Beybattle Points, or BP, will be connected with your Beywiki Forums account -- which is why the connection between the IBA and Beywiki is so crucial. They are earned by advancing in IBA tournaments. While the points allocation method is still under review, here is a basic idea:

2 BP - Battle Won
+ 3x Total BP Won in Tournament - 1st Place
+ 2x Total BP Won in Tournament - 2nd Place
+ 1x Total BP Won in Tournament - 3rd Place

With this system, BP awarded scale to the size of the event.

What can I do with BP?

Currently, it's only used as a ranking system ... there are possibilities that prize distribution may be done in shop-style using BP as currency. I can also foresee being able to buy items from Beywiki with BP to encourage these events.

What is the first event that will be using this system?

The Battle of the Boroughs in New Jersey.

Why didn't you do this for BND!?

Because I'm an idiot.

In truth, because it didn't seem like a good idea at the time ... but it does now. Anyone who attended BND and is a member of this board can have the BP for the event retroactively added.

Of course, BEYBLADE WAR ROOM at AN09 will be an IBA event.

If you have any questions, feel free to bring them up. More information will be coming over the next month.
Sounds awesome! It sounds like a great system.

Just once question, when you say you get "2 BP - Battle Won", do you mean each match? Or each individual battle of a match (ex. If someone won 1 of 3 battles against someone, but lost the match).
Kei Wrote:Sounds awesome! It sounds like a great system.

Just once question, when you say you get "2 BP - Battle Won", do you mean each match? Or each individual battle of a match (ex. If someone won 1 of 3 battles against someone, but lost the match).

It means the whole match.

Sam Wrote:iba sounds like a grocery store

LOL
Sweet. Cant wait to make the top of the rankings ;D.
Where can we find these ID's to print?
Bey Brad Wrote:

Really? It seems a bit more fair for it to be each battle. Even if you win only one battle in an entire tournament, you still deserve some recognition in my opinion.
Maz Wrote:Sweet. Cant wait to make the top of the rankings ;D.
Where can we find these ID's to print?

They will be ready in the coming weeks.

Kei Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:

Really? It seems a bit more fair for it to be each battle. Even if you win only one battle in an entire tournament, you still deserve some recognition in my opinion.

It is a ranking system ... if you don't win a match, you don't earn any recognition. It may not seem fair but that's the way tournaments work.
Quote:What about Beybattle Points?

Beybattle Points, or BP, will be connected with your Beywiki Forums account -- which is why the connection between the IBA and Beywiki is so crucial. They are earned by advancing in IBA tournaments. While the points allocation method is still under review, here is a basic idea:

2 BP - Battle Won

If this is gonna work there has to be an IBA tournament format.
So people can not lets say have a round robin tournament and score 8 points and win less than half of there matches over someone who lets say has a bracket tournament and get 8 points and win the tournament.
I need to talk to Ernest about setting one up since we're both going to the same school next year.
Maz Wrote:

2 BP - Battle Won

So people can not lets say have a round robin tournament and score 8 points and win less than half of there matches over someone who lets say has a bracket tournament and get 8 points and win the tournament.

If a tournament wants to have a different format we can set it up to make sure that there is a good points system set up.
Bey Brad Wrote:
Maz Wrote:

2 BP - Battle Won

If a tournament wants to have a different format we can set it up to make sure that there is a good points system set up.

Gotchya
Hope its not to much of a hassle.
If theres any way i can help out just let me know
Wow brad, you just gave me extra motivation to go to TBTB! I think this system is an excellent idea because it makes going to tournaments much more worthwile, someone can even make a hobby out of collecting those points and showcasing them on this site; it really adds to the competitive spirit within the community. By the way did you get those BND videos yet?
This is sweet can't wait to test this out. I also can't wait to see the id's. Im going to record every match of the The Battle of the Boroughs and post them up.
i still have my otc world championship id. I was like the only one who actualy wore it.
Hehe, I still have my BBA membership card, surprising really, since that paper is like 5 years old.
lol I have my OTC WC id...and the old manager stuff that brad gave out for running tournaments.. i'll maeke sure that like Pinoy I'll take great records on wins and losses...

Can we get this put on the wiki somehow..like curent standings and stuff like that.
I can try to edit a little commercial together for the IBA from turney footage we take.
flashfox Wrote:lol I have my OTC WC id...and the old manager stuff that brad gave out for running tournaments.. i'll maeke sure that like Pinoy I'll take great records on wins and losses...

Can we get this put on the wiki somehow..like curent standings and stuff like that.

Bring an digitalk camera just incase mine runs out of space from all the matches.
I overcomplicated the IBA setup before, which is why it failed. I was also not in a good spot to be doing such a thing. It won't happen this time.
This is a really good, idea and another great reason for me to get to the next tournament at AN.
i had to apply to run the tournaments haha
That sounds awesome, thats the thing that probably killed it in the first place lack of Competition.
Sounds pretty awesome!

Maybe to keep track of BP, you can use a PHP-type script? IBA tournament organizers will submit the BP of the players involved in the tournament they were just in, and the script will help keep up.

I'll look into the specifics of it myself, because I have seen that kind of script in action.
Sounds awesome, i really like the BP idea.