IBA PROJECT REVIVAL

This sounds very useful, in fact, it may even attract the attention of new bladers and we may get more members as well as more recognition off the net..love the idea of the BP system..especially the IDs
Kinda makes me feel like shooting a few of my tops, and customizing right now. I'm really excited to see this being used. Only problem is, I probably won't be going to any tournaments any time soon.
bugturtles Wrote:Sounds pretty awesome!

Maybe to keep track of BP, you can use a PHP-type script? IBA tournament organizers will submit the BP of the players involved in the tournament they were just in, and the script will help keep up.

I'll look into the specifics of it myself, because I have seen that kind of script in action.

There re many points systems available for MyBB software, and that is what we will be using.
I think it might be a bit early to be starting this. We do not yet know how MFB will play out, it's popularity here in the states when it will be released, or the amount of boon this website will receive after its launch.

That aside, I fully support this endeavor.
Pathetique Wrote:I think it might be a bit early to be starting this. We do not yet know how MFB will play out, it's popularity here in the states when it will be released, or the amount of boon this website will receive after its launch.

That aside, I fully support this endeavor.

If the project is a failure, there is little to lose. There is not much to set up. I don't think it's necessary for this to be a large project ... we just have to do what we can.
If IBA fails, then I worry that future community tournament plans might receive enthusiasm than they deserve.
"Well, IBA was a failure, who's to say that this tournament won't fail as well?"

Maybe I'm being pessimistic.
Pathetique Wrote:If IBA fails, then I worry that future community tournament plans might receive enthusiasm than they deserve.
"Well, IBA was a failure, who's to say that this tournament won't fail as well?"

Maybe I'm being pessimistic.

The good part is, there is no way for the IBA to "fail". Stagnation in tournaments won't cause this idea to dissolve. It's entirely dependent on the fans, and if it doesn't go well they have nobody to blame but themselves.
This sound like a really good idea. Now I REALLY want to go to BotB but I'm still waiting on the date.
What if there is 2 divisions an HMS and plastic? Would these count as two separate tournaments?
Pinoy Blader Wrote:What if there is 2 divisions an HMS and plastic? Would these count as two separate tournaments?
It's not longer possible to purchase plastic blades. Having a division for them in tournament wouldn't be a good idea.
Pathetique Wrote:
Pinoy Blader Wrote:What if there is 2 divisions an HMS and plastic? Would these count as two separate tournaments?
It's not longer possible to purchase plastic blades. Having a division for them in tournament wouldn't be a good idea.

People still want to play with plastic blades though. If there was only one division tournaments would be really short, do to the shortage of players.

Yes, it would count as two separate tournaments. However, there will be rules in place to prevent "tournament spamming".
Im excited to be partisipating in the first IBA event. I feel like having it being part of IBA will make people who arent on these boards that are there sign up and become active which is always a good thing!
Pinoy Blader Wrote:What will the id's be like?

You'll see them when they're ready.
If the Battle of the Boroughs is successful Joshua and I might have a tournament.
Hmm it's international when i found a few bladers in the swiss. I can make it for you in the swiss...
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:If the Battle of the Boroughs is successful Joshua and I might have a tournament.
Where?
Maz Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:If the Battle of the Boroughs is successful Joshua and I might have a tournament.
Where?
The Bronx. I already have two possible venues. Well, one is definite and one is a maybe.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:The Bronx. I already have two possible venues. Well, one is definite and one is a maybe.
What a coincidence, it seems that we may have a beybattle in the Bronx after all Joyful_3.
Bumpking12 Wrote:
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:The Bronx. I already have two possible venues. Well, one is definite and one is a maybe.
What a coincidence, it seems that we may have a beybattle in the Bronx after all Joyful_3.

Oh God, here we go. After one thought of a tournament, ideas start popping up and soon we'll have a world wide association. O.o wait that's a good thing.
This all sounds great. Since the IBA is going to be an international association, will there be tournaments held in other countries such as the UK (where I'm from) since some Beybladers might not be able to go to the tournaments in the US?
bbgoldflame Wrote:This all sounds great. Since the IBA is going to be an international association, will there be tournaments held in other countries such as the UK (where I'm from) since some Beybladers might not be able to go to the tournaments in the US?

It is up to the fans to host tournaments. If you wanted to host a UK tournament, you can do it.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
Maz Wrote:
Where?
The Bronx. I already have two possible venues. Well, one is definite and one is a maybe.

where's the other? please not your hallway again ~_~