I need security help.

Someone was threatening me that they had my information since I PMed them. Is it possible to grab someone's ip just if they PM you?
I dont know
but did he proved to you that he had your info and thats not a lie?
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:02 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: I dont know

No
i think the same thing happen'd to delta
(Mar. 02, 2021  3:54 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Someone was threatening me that they had my information since I PMed them. Is it possible to grab someone's ip just if they PM you?

How old are you? Ask your parents for help, and also maybe the police.
Welp they just say my IP

(Mar. 02, 2021  4:04 AM)MasterChef Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  3:54 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Someone was threatening me that they had my information since I PMed them. Is it possible to grab someone's ip just if they PM you?

How old are you? Ask your parents for help, and also maybe the police.

im a teen
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:05 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Welp they just say my IP

(Mar. 02, 2021  4:04 AM)MasterChef Wrote: How old are you? Ask your parents for help, and also maybe the police.

Definently ask your parants for help, call police if necessary.
(Mar. 02, 2021  3:54 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Someone was threatening me that they had my information since I PMed them. Is it possible to grab someone's ip just if they PM you?

Did you click a link or something
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:07 AM)Golden Freddy Wrote:

Did you click a link or something

No

(Mar. 02, 2021  4:07 AM)MasterChef Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:05 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Welp they just say my IP

Definently ask your parants for help, call police if necessary.

Okay.

Alright Im going to head out, sorry if I don't respond.
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:03 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:02 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: I dont know

No

Call your parents
it can be a lie but it also cant

also do you know te name of the user
he can be banned if he already isnt
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:09 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:07 AM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Did you click a link or something

No

(Mar. 02, 2021  4:07 AM)MasterChef Wrote: Definently ask your parants for help, call police if necessary.

Okay.

Alright Im going to head out, sorry if I don't respond.

Then they didn’t get your ip. To make sure ask them for you ip and if you have a apple product like a phone or tablet connected to your WiFi go to the WiFi settings hit the blue glowing i button then scroll down and you’ll see your IP address. Then you’ll know if he actually has it or not.

Also btw if you want me to I can make a ip grabber and send it to them so you can have their ip.

Hey, don’t worry, there’s a good chance that whoever is threatening you is a teenager, with no life and is bored like the rest of us. If you need, PM me and I can help.

Also, if they actually do pull your IP, which is possible, please alert a mod ASAP, just know that you will be fine.
Smile
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:34 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:

Hey, don’t worry, there’s a good chance that whoever is threatening you is a teenager, with no life and is bored like the rest of us. If you need, PM me and I can help.

Also, if they actually do pull your IP, which is possible, please alert a mod ASAP, just know that you will be fine.
Smile

Or I could just get my ip grabber ready and my friend and we can track this dude down
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:35 AM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:34 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Hey, don’t worry, there’s a good chance that whoever is threatening you is a teenager, with no life and is bored like the rest of us. If you need, PM me and I can help.

Smile

Or I could just get my ip grabber ready and my friend and we can track this dude down

Unless they explicitly threatened to harm someone, I doubt retaliating in that way would be the answer.
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:36 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:35 AM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Or I could just get my ip grabber ready and my friend and we can track this dude down

Unless they explicitly threatened to harm someone, I doubt retaliating in that way would be the answer.

Well we can give the address to the police and let them handle it
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:36 AM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  4:36 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Unless they explicitly threatened to harm someone, I doubt retaliating in that way would be the answer.

Well we can give the address to the police and let them handle it

The police could find that themselves, although if it gets worse, I’m not sure.
If someone threatens you over WBO PM, immediately forward it to active WBO staff so that person can be found, banned, and dealt with.

If it happened over Discord through a WBO server, do the same.

If it happened outside of WBO, well, that slightly limits what can be done.
(Mar. 02, 2021  2:27 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: If someone threatens you over WBO PM, immediately forward it to active WBO staff so that person can be found, banned, and dealt with.

If it happened over Discord through a WBO server, do the same.

If it happened outside of WBO, well, that slightly limits what can be done.

Or you can just get the dudes ip and let the police handle it. I’ve done this a bunch before
ah carp. hope you are ok tho @TheGolden Blade
TheGolden Blade Just some advice here. You can use these stuff so the hacker/threatener doesn't get any of your information

1. Use incognito (incognito is private browsing)
2. Use a vpn (Virtual Private Network)

For incognito, I'm too lazy to tell you what to do, just search up how to go incognito in "XXXX
replace XXXX with your type of chromebook and brand.

For Vpn: Go into chrome web store, search up Fastest Vpns, then add extension.
The problem has been solved, I have the police involved. And the WBO user got banned so I think I'm fine. Thank you all!
(Mar. 02, 2021  10:27 PM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: The problem has been solved, I have the police involved. And the WBO user got banned so I think I'm fine. Thank you all!

Dang it I was gonna get this mans ip and boot him
Let's not go threatening to "get this mans IP", haha. No need to stoop to that level when we've already established that that isn't acceptable at all.

TheGolden Blade - Can you make sure you let me know which user this was, and forward any offending PMs if you're comfortable doing so? I don't think you contacted any of the moderation team (that I know of) so, if the offending user received a ban, it wouldn't have been for that reason. Just want to make sure we escalate the ban on their account to ensure they never come back, haha.

Otherwise, closing this thread now. Thank you to those who provided quick and sensible advice!