I’m Back, I Was A Troll This Whole Time, And I’m Srry

(Mar. 13, 2021  7:28 AM)maw Wrote: Your type never changed. Filthy swine, hey mods expose this garbage back into the bin of inactive accounts

so toxic
Sincere or not, I don’t know for certain.  I like to choose to believe people can change, and the apology is sincere.  I certainly want to live in a world where people can change.  
With that said , apologies do not have the right to be accepted, even if it is sincere.  In any case, let’s keep it civil.
(Mar. 13, 2021  7:28 AM)maw Wrote: Your type never changed. Filthy swine, hey mods expose this garbage back into the bin of inactive accounts

Judging by your bio and signature, Avery isn't the one who needs to be exposed to the garbage bin of inactive accounts...
Is what I would say if I hadn't changed about a year ago. Ask any of my friends, they'll tell you how toxic I could get. So yes, people do change, and no, it isn't kind to call someone "garbage" and "filthy swine".
Back on topic, I remember you quite well, Avery. Glad to hear you've changed.👍
I knew you were trolling lol. Thanks for apologizing I guess. Good luck in your future endeavors!

What? He just owned up-
and you are still like that

Well dang man? Harsh much? You dont have to like them or accept their apology but at least they're going out to their way to make an apology instead just making a new account and continuing their toxicness.

Anyway, Avery its great to have you back and owning up to your mistakes, there aren't a lot of people who would do that.

Well it’s time boys. Get ready to sing the national anthem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo3jslsZ1vo&t=3s

No just no. Although apologizing doesn’t change the past, at least they owned up to their mistakes. If people like you aren’t open to people like this person changing then how do you expect anything to happen. Also the usage of filthy swine is so uncalled for especially for actions taken about 3 to 2 years ago, people aren’t the same now when compared to 2 to 3 years ago.
I know I'm the thousandth person here who doesn't know you but is still chill with you now, but I just wanna say that you're pretty brave for apologizing imo, and welcome back to the WBO.
I'll never understand people who post a public apology to get attention for themselves. There are people out there are who addicted to the concept of forgiveness, and absolutely HAVE to have it for their own purposes and peace of mind, usually religious or a recovery program. But in this case we didn't need a thread and a mess. He's not brave, he's not special, and he's not being responsible. Many people still remember all the bad stuff Avery did. Many either don't care or won't forgive him, and that's a valid choice. If he was serious about making amends he would simply do better going forward. Instead we get an "I'm leaving, I trolled, I'm sorry, look at me."

Close this thread.
(Mar. 13, 2021  10:57 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I'll never understand people who post a public apology to get attention for themselves. There are people out there are who addicted to the concept of forgiveness, and absolutely HAVE to have it for their own purposes and peace of mind, usually religious or a recovery program. But in this case we didn't need a thread and a mess. He's not brave, he's not special, and he's not being responsible. Many people still remember all the bad stuff Avery did. Many either don't care or won't forgive him, and that's a valid choice. If he was serious about making amends he would simply do better going forward. Instead we get an "I'm leaving, I trolled, I'm sorry, look at me."

Close this thread.

Or maybe, it’s just you and maw
(Mar. 13, 2021  10:57 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I'll never understand people who post a public apology to get attention for themselves. There are people out there are who addicted to the concept of forgiveness, and absolutely HAVE to have it for their own purposes and peace of mind, usually religious or a recovery program. But in this case we didn't need a thread and a mess. He's not brave, he's not special, and he's not being responsible. Many people still remember all the bad stuff Avery did. Many either don't care or won't forgive him, and that's a valid choice. If he was serious about making amends he would simply do better going forward. Instead we get an "I'm leaving, I trolled, I'm sorry, look at me."

Close this thread.

This isn’t entirely right. If you don’t apologize for the past you can’t bury it and move on. Also just simply doing better going forward is immature as it doesn’t really show that the person really understood that what they did was wrong (especially for a case like this where no one really knew that this person was responsible for what happened in the past). I will agree however that he’s not really all that special or Brave for owning up for his mistakes.

Close this thread.
There’s... not a problem with apologizing. Addicted is a strong word, and associating it with religion and/or recovery programs is a terrible idea. It takes a good bit to fess up to mistakes, especially public ones. Of course everyone’s still going to remember his actions, but at least he’s acknowledging them. Not caring and/or not forgiving is a choice, yes. However, that doesn’t mean others won’t/shouldn’t. Staying silent never did anything, that's a commonly known fact. The thread should be merged into the “Going Away/Coming Back” topic, rather than closed and/or deleted.
This is probably going to aggravate someone, but saying “Close this thread” doesn’t do anything. And, if you’re offended by something that’s breaking the rules, report it and leave. As you've said before, adding fuel to the fire isn't good.
TL;DR: Apologizing is a choice, and accepting an apology is a choice.

Dang man! What the heck happened?
You don’t fully need to accept Avery’s apology, but at least he acknowledged the fact that he did wrong and he’s owning up to it!
We need more people like that!
(Mar. 13, 2021  11:40 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: There’s... not a problem with apologizing. Addicted is a strong word, and associating it with religion and/or recovery programs is a terrible idea. It takes a good bit to fess up to mistakes, especially public ones. Of course everyone’s still going to remember his actions, but at least he’s acknowledging them. Not caring and/or not forgiving is a choice, yes. However, that doesn’t mean others won’t/shouldn’t. Staying silent never did anything, that's a commonly known fact. The thread should be merged into the “Going Away/Coming Back” topic, rather than closed and/or deleted.
This is probably going to aggravate someone, but saying “Close this thread” doesn’t do anything. And, if you’re offended by something that’s breaking the rules, report it and leave. As you've said before, adding fuel to the fire isn't good.

Interestingly enough, he never went out of his way to report the thread himself, yet he decided to stick around and make that comment. I also think this thread should be closed instead of merged, but not because I have an issue with Avery’s apology or anything. It’s mainly the toxicity that it’s invoking.
(Mar. 13, 2021  11:56 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2021  11:40 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: There’s... not a problem with apologizing. Addicted is a strong word, and associating it with religion and/or recovery programs is a terrible idea. It takes a good bit to fess up to mistakes, especially public ones. Of course everyone’s still going to remember his actions, but at least he’s acknowledging them. Not caring and/or not forgiving is a choice, yes. However, that doesn’t mean others won’t/shouldn’t. Staying silent never did anything, that's a commonly known fact. The thread should be merged into the “Going Away/Coming Back” topic, rather than closed and/or deleted.

Interestingly enough, he never went out of his way to report the thread himself, yet he decided to stick around and make that comment. I also think this thread should be closed instead of merged, but not because I have an issue with Avery’s apology or anything. It’s mainly the toxicity that it’s invoking.

Not really the toxicity that’s the problem (most reactions have been positive), but really this is more unnecessary as dc stated (it could’ve gone into the going away topic). It’s like how Freedelahoya4 made an apology for a similar issue and his post was closed because it’s just straight up unnecessary.
(Mar. 14, 2021  12:03 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2021  11:56 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Interestingly enough, he never went out of his way to report the thread himself, yet he decided to stick around and make that comment. I also think this thread should be closed instead of merged, but not because I have an issue with Avery’s apology or anything. It’s mainly the toxicity that it’s invoking.

Not really the toxicity that’s the problem (most reactions have been positive), but really this is more unnecessary as dc stated (it could’ve gone into the going away topic). It’s like how Freedelahoya4 made an apology for a similar issue and his post was closed because it’s just straight up unnecessary.

The thread is in the wrong place and Avery isn’t special for apologizing yes, but when you make an entire dull post pointing out your negative theoretical perspective on a situation and then urge for the thread to be closed without reporting it yourself, are you really helping? All he had to do was comment, “this doesn’t deserve its own topic.” And follow that with a report.
Lol nobody hurt me, but I’m not gonna let this slide lmfao, he needs to be binned👨🏾‍💻📠, and I’m jus speaking facts, that’s on him . Half of this community took an L on this thread idk man

(Mar. 13, 2021  6:26 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:

Well it’s time boys. Get ready to sing the national anthem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo3jslsZ1vo&t=3s
Lolol kys

(Mar. 14, 2021  4:33 PM)maw Wrote: Lol nobody hurt me, but I’m not gonna let this slide lmfao, he needs to be binned👨🏾‍💻📠, and I’m jus speaking facts, that’s on him . Half of this community took an L on this thread idk man

(Mar. 13, 2021  6:26 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Well it’s time boys. Get ready to sing the national anthem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo3jslsZ1vo&t=3s
Lolol

(Mar. 13, 2021  4:47 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:

Judging by your bio and signature, Avery isn't the one who needs to be exposed to the garbage bin of inactive accounts...
Is what I would say if I hadn't changed about a year ago. Ask any of my friends, they'll tell you how toxic I could get. So yes, people do change, and no, it isn't kind to call someone "garbage" and "filthy swine".
Back on topic, I remember you quite well, Avery. Glad to hear you've changed.👍
Bruh I ain’t ask for an epilouge

I think the DeceasedCrab person has an actual brain 👨🏾‍💻
I personally would prefer if someone is moderating or asking for moderation, that the additional commentaries be kept to a minimum. Actually, none is best. Not sure what all the additional commentaries do other than draw attention to the commentator and incite people. Seems like that kind of behavior results in future additional moderation needs. I think the results are clear.

I have reported this thread to moderation team about a day ago. It has been left alone so far.
Yes, in fact I thank you for this post my friend, it really just makes me use my brain power
(Mar. 14, 2021  4:53 PM)maw Wrote: Yes, in fact I thank you for this post my friend, it really just makes me use my brain power

I don’t think I have asked anyone anything but to exercise some self restraint and understanding.  I hope that no one takes offense to that.