How to not Buy Fake Beyblades on Amazon

(Nov. 23, 2019  8:08 PM)Joshcatplays Wrote: I have made a list of real Beyblades on amazon tell me if I should remove some or add some I'm trying to do this so people dont get scammed 

LINK 
https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/33..._=wl_share
This is pretty useful. I might use it at some point.
(Nov. 23, 2019  8:28 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2019  8:08 PM)Joshcatplays Wrote: I have made a list of real Beyblades on amazon tell me if I should remove some or add some I'm trying to do this so people dont get scammed 

LINK 
This is pretty useful. I might use it at some point.
Thanks

LINK 

some sellers are also scammers so I would list the trustworthy sellers as well: LastSamurai, SundriesJPStor (or whatever it is), and etc.
It looks like you don't understand how Amazon works, and have made a guide that is going to lead to people buying fakes, because you don't fully understand the situation! Or worse, you've made a wishlist where people are going to buy real beyblade parts, but they get sent to you instead of them!

The Listing is halfway important. That's how you get your first idea that Yes, this is an official Hasbro or Takara Tomy or Youngtoys beyblade product. However, Amazon, in their infinite foolishness, lumps all of the fake part sellers and real part sellers together on the same listing. So someone could be selling a fake blue LR launcher, and someone could be selling a real LR launcher, and Amazon will list both under the same listing, and default to the lower prices fake launcher vendor.

So a very important detail on the Amazon listings, which you haven't mentioned at all, is the "Ships from and sold by" link to the default seller, and the "Other Sellers on Amazon" listings. You NEED to check the ratings and reviews of that seller before purchasing anything from them, because otherwise you might wind up with a fake bey or part.

Please don't post guides when you don't actually know the complete details.

Also: This list you've linked? This looks like a wishlist for yourself. If someone clicks "Add to cart" on any of these, it's going to assume it's a gift for you and if they complete the purchase, it might ship directly to you if your address was stored on your account. That is beyond uncool. Whether or not you did this out of ignorance or malice doesn't matter, you have to take that link down.

EDIT: Well the good news is this Wishlist doesn't appear to have your address automatically stored, so it doesn't appear that it can automatically send to your address. That's good, because if it did, even if it wasn't you intentionally trying to get Beyblade parts mailed to yourself for free, it would be exposing your home address.
But it does expose your real name, and potentially other details about you, and this was a bad idea.

Mods, this may actually be a scam, so please remove the link and close the thread.

Even if you only had good intentions making this thread, it exposed your own personal data, could have been used to scam people, and gives people a false sense of security. Please be more careful in the future.
(Nov. 23, 2019  9:31 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It looks like you don't understand how Amazon works, and have made a guide that is going to lead to people buying fakes, because you don't fully understand the situation! Or worse, you've made a wishlist where people are going to buy real beyblade parts, but they get sent to you instead of them!

The Listing is halfway important. That's how you get your first idea that Yes, this is an official Hasbro or Takara Tomy or Youngtoys beyblade product. However, Amazon, in their infinite foolishness, lumps all of the fake part sellers and real part sellers together on the same listing. So someone could be selling a fake blue LR launcher, and someone could be selling a real LR launcher, and Amazon will list both under the same listing, and default to the lower prices fake launcher vendor.

So a very important detail on the Amazon listings, which you haven't mentioned at all, is the "Ships from and sold by" link to the default seller, and the "Other Sellers on Amazon" listings. You NEED to check the ratings and reviews of that seller before purchasing anything from them, because otherwise you might wind up with a fake bey or part.

Also: This list you've linked? This looks like a wishlist for yourself. If someone clicks "Add to cart" on any of these, it's going to assume it's a gift for you and if they complete the purchase, it might ship directly to you if your address was stored on your account. That is beyond uncool. Whether or not you did this out of ignorance or malice doesn't matter, you have to take that link down.

EDIT: Well the good news is this Wishlist doesn't appear to have your address automatically stored, so it doesn't appear that it can automatically send to your address. That's good, because if it did, even if it wasn't you intentionally trying to get Beyblade parts mailed to yourself for free, it would be exposing your home address.
But it does expose your real name, and potentially other details about you, and this was a bad idea.

Mods, this may actually be a scam, so please remove the link and close the thread.

Even if you only had good intentions making this thread, it exposed your own personal data, could have been used to scam people, and gives people a false sense of security. Please be more careful in the future.

Ok

(Nov. 23, 2019  9:31 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It looks like you don't understand how Amazon works, and have made a guide that is going to lead to people buying fakes, because you don't fully understand the situation! Or worse, you've made a wishlist where people are going to buy real beyblade parts, but they get sent to you instead of them!

I deleted the list

My man, not cool. He was only trying to help, stop being so harsh. I'm positive this isn't a scam, and congratulations, you've just ruined this thread, and you were very hostile to the creator. This isn't the first time I've seen you do this.
I'm not going to sugarcoat things like this. I don't care if you think it's cool. If it's unsafe, or potentially a scam, or wrong, then like I said, the intentions don't matter, it has to be fixed so that wrong information and scams don't spread.

The thread creator accepted that there were issues with his approach, and I'm sure next time there will be fewer concerns. I'm not interested in your tone arguments.
I usually look for the thing i need then look at the sellers and buy from the sellers i know that are the real deal. Like Japan Syndrome, Last Samurai, TOKYO_ART_ONLINE, Cafe Japan, Cool JP sundries store, etc.
(Nov. 24, 2019  1:12 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I'm not going to sugarcoat things like this. I don't care if you think it's cool. If it's unsafe, or potentially a scam, or wrong, then like I said, the intentions don't matter, it has to be fixed so that wrong information and scams don't spread.

The thread creator accepted that there were issues with his approach, and I'm sure next time there will be fewer concerns. I'm not interested in your tone arguments.
How lovely, you didn't even tag me. You are always welcome to help people in order to make their threads better, but there is no need to be so harsh. You're just gonna make him feel bad man. Not specifically the OP, could be anyone. So like I said if you are interested in helping people, knock yourself out. But don't make him insecure, go figure, people might not make threads anymore, they might be too scared of messing up.
At the request of Jostcatplays, this thread will now be closed.