Hey World Bladers!

(That feels really, really good to write again.)

Rather than writing a big dramatic post like I considered doing, let’s keep it short and sweet: I’m thrilled to announce that I am returning to the WBO Committee.

Beyblade and the World Beyblade Organization have been on my mind for a while now, and I promised to myself that once Beyblade came back I’d give the new series a try. And despite my initial, cynical reaction — in which I referred to the new burst gimmick as “the death knell for Beyblade” — I’ve grown to really love it already and am excited to see where it leads.

But more importantly than that, I’m excited to see how this community can evolve with the engine of an active Beyblade series driving it. I’m excited to see how we can do more for you guys and both help you and help ourselves run better events.

And most of all, I’m excited to see how we can bring in new players to both grow attendance and existing communities and hopefully create new communities of Bladers, too. That’s why one of my key areas of focus will be on producing content aimed at beginners, along with introducing the advanced concepts pioneered here on the WBO to a wider audience.

As a major part of that, I’ll be taking over our YouTube channel to produce Burst-related content, so please look forward to product reviews and other cool videos later this year.

To close on a more personal note: it is impossible to overstate the impact nor the importance of Beyblade and its player community on my life. It has literally made me who I am. That sounds hilarious — and it is — but I also cannot overstate how true it is.

So to be able to return to building the community I began over a decade ago, as a better person, is an overwhelming joy and honour.

I’ll do my best for you all.

– BEY BRAD
It's almost surreal to see this happening after so long. It's been great to have you back and so enthusiastic as of late, and it's even better to have you back on the WBO Committee. Welcome back. Smile Looking forward to what the future holds!

Also, your new avatar is incredible.
This is amazing. If we compare, a few months ago, you were totally out of this, anything beyblade-related was no longer a part of your life. Really nice to see you as a part of our committee, sir.
Welcome back to the team, Brad. Smile
I'm so happy you are coming back onto the committee! It is great to see you now have a full and official return Smile

Bey Brad Wrote:To close on a more personal note: it is impossible to overstate the impact nor the importance of Beyblade and its player community on my life. It has literally made me who I am. That sounds hilarious — and it is — but I also cannot overstate how true it is.
Thank you for forming this community. You are also apart of its player community, and probably one of the most important people in this community. You helped formed who we are by being who you are and putting your dedication into us being all closer as Bladers all over the world and allowing us to battle each other, chat and form a bond between us all that makes our community inseperatable.
Wow, this is incredible news! I'm really excited to see what the future holds for us now with you on the committee. It's really awesome to see you as a committee member now, Smile
(Aug. 15, 2015  1:56 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: This is amazing. If we compare, a few months ago, you were totally out of this, anything beyblade-related was no longer a part of your life. Really nice to see you as a part of our committee, sir.

The WBO and Beyblade are a part of me. They haven't been out of my life since I discovered them. Smile

Thanks!
That is probably the most HQ avatar I've ever seen, haha.

Now to make it official you have to come to the next Toronto tournament Andrew
I'm getting a deja vu feeling of 2008-2009, of when I joined the site.

It's great to have you back Brad Smile
I think it's cool Brad us part of the community again.

Brady's avatar tho..Looks cool.~
Brad you do not know how happy I am to see you back for good (at least for the time being...)! I think with you back, it might bring back a lot of the retired members of the WBO, it is great to see the community rising once again because I sadly just recently joined as an active member, which is also a good thing because brad is back DJ - Yeah!. I really wish I could have attended more in the past though.
THE BRAD IS BACK WOO HOO The YouTube channel is gonna go places now.
I'm glad to see you return. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the community this time around. Smile
Although I wasn't around when you were originally part of the Committee, it's nice to see you back there Brad!

As Hato said, Thank you so much for creating the WBO, without it I would not have become anywhere as invested in or knowledgeable about Beyblade. Although we don't have as many active members as we did several years ago during the heyday of MFB, I have noticed the community we do have seems to be more tight-knit than it was back then as well and the atmosphere has gotten a lot lighter since you returned. Smile
Thanks Wombat! I've been reading a ton of your posts and they've helped me get up to speed on the ideas the community has developed since I left. It's really incredible, actually, how much more advanced the discussion is now than I've ever seen it.
Fantastic news! Welcome back, Brad. It's been great seeing you so active in the Burst discussion over the past few months, and it's even better knowing that your return to the WBO isn't temporary. Looking forward to seeing what great things the committee will accomplish in the coming months.
Wombat.

You hit the nail on the head chief. XD hahah. But you couldn't be more right. I wasn't around to see Beyblad on the committee but If he didn't create this place half of us will still be playing hasbro. We probobly wouldn't know about burst right now. So thank you Bey brad for what you have done and for returning to us.

BOW BEFORE YOUR GOD EVERYONE lol jk.
Very cool to see the creator of our humble site coming back to the group that helps keep it running. Much like Wombat I wasn't here when you originally was active and only saw a few "ghost" posts from him here and there. It's exciting to see your return, although I'll miss your old avatar, haha.

I guess Burst already is doing it's job: make people interested in our hobby again.
nice to see you back Brad! I'm excited to be able to work with you for organizing beyblade event in our region!
Bey Brad is even more back now.
Woo!
(Aug. 15, 2015  2:47 PM)Leone19 Wrote: It's exciting to see your return, although I'll miss your old avatar, haha.

Haha, I loved that avatar! But I really felt I couldn't announce this with the same-old avatar, so I spent a while making this one ... lol

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone Smile
This has been the first in a while posting in a thread that doesnt say "I'm attending" lol. Anyways, Welcome back BeyBrad!! It's going to be cool seeing u more active in the WBO and making things better!! Grin