Help make beyblade an Olympic sport

(Nov. 29, 2018  2:56 AM)Foxer Wrote: People may say that Beyblade should be an Olympic sport because of strategy and launch strength being an athletic aspect. But both these arguments are still flawed even if good in theory. There are simply not enough, and there would never be enough parts to create a diverse and balanced meta, in Beyblade, there has always been a few, dominant combinations like currently, it is hS combos, last year there was mG and Ωuter. There can never be as many possibilities as a chessboard has so many possibilities, so there can never be true strategy. And launcher strength being an athletic aspect cannot be very viable for very long. Even if the launchers don't skip teeth if we launch too hard the beys would just self KO as shown in a video by the BBG (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YkhJR1X2Kk&t=619s) We must also consider the public opinion on Beyblade. Many adults may not even know what Beyblade is and many people who have had Beyblades as a kid consider it a kids toy/meme. When I brought my Beyblades to school it was apparent this was true. Beyblade, as it is now, will never become an Olympic sport and needs to give more control to the player over his/her bey to remotely be considered a sport.

can't agree more. while i tried to give suggestions, im still of the opinion that this is too big for us
but 
about the 'diverse meta not possible' part, i think i am in a little disagreement. right it is based on a few parts like aH_Et, hS etc. but imagine this. instead of a single company like TT designing all parts, there are local shops that do just that. kinda like the 3D printing service. people like crazy aries and burst 3D printer and xandork are already doing it.
if that were to become the case then even if the parts are inspired by the same gimmicks(like orbit, bearing, extreme, destroy) there will still be quite a lot of variance in there function because everyone will make them in their own ways. there would be so many layers out there we might have to come up with a registration system. also a no copy rule might be applied. 
even though discs might not have had as much possibilities, with frames they do.
if we were to introduce the metal era, even better. its almost impossible for that system to run out of ideas. for starters we could just reproduce every burst part in a reiteration.
all of this may make one believe in the ordered (beyblade)world of a balanced meta, but again for this to happen beyblade must first be accepted by nearly everyone in the world

oh i forgot about self ko
now when i talked about higher rpm launchers i did have the bbg high speed launcher in mind.yeah even pretty stationary stamina  types go aggressive but having a bigger stadium should help. also current anime stadiums are still small. if you remember metal saga, there stadiums could have been lakes dried up for beyblading. still having real life burst sized stadiums is enough i think(they are quite big, but not absurdly so).
also the hardest launcher im thinking of is way, way more powerful than the bbg high speed launcher. kinda like crossing 200,000rpm. that spin speed alone makes it an 'adult sport/hobby' with a lot of additional gear required for protection(even a cage, so the flying beys don't stimulate 'kill the stickman' games).
all that said, i think its nearly impossible right now unless some people in our community are associated to Elon musk(and musk is a blader himself)
(Nov. 22, 2018  9:31 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: I mean i love beyblade but,this is too much,it isn't a sport ,it's a toy/hobby

But it can be a sport just to change mentality I m with this petition and not only me more than half of the wbo members know that beyblade can be a real sport and we support it BeySalute ?
Before we aim as high as the Olympics, we need to give Beyblade some recognition. And that's not happening by just sitting around. Even though I really doubt that the Olympics is a realistic goal for Beyblade, putting more recognition could allow Beyblade to become part of a special competition. Maybe some "Olympic Games" event, in stead of Olympic sports.
A Olympic sport no way. A regular sport that could be good. The beyblades Just need to be more powerful.
If beyblade ever does become a sport, it will be after my death
Cause beyblade ain't gonna be a sport ,if I am alive!
(Nov. 29, 2018  5:25 PM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: If beyblade ever does become a sport, it will be after my death
Cause beyblade ain't gonna be a sport ,if I am alive!

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
 Well anytime soon we get such Spirit for beyblade, itsi ready to be called sport
(Nov. 29, 2018  5:28 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
 Well anytime soon we get such Spirit for beyblade, itsi ready to be called sport
well, id love to agree. i have signed the petition. but theres not a lot of physical exertion and only a handful of skills that are mostly exclusive to attack types
we need awareness first
(Nov. 29, 2018  1:05 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Before we aim as high as the Olympics, we need to give Beyblade some recognition. And that's not happening by just sitting around. Even though I really doubt that the Olympics is a realistic goal for Beyblade, putting more recognition could allow Beyblade to become part of a special competition. Maybe some "Olympic Games" event, in stead of Olympic sports.
Not Olympic but Sports can be . What we have to do for giving beyblade some recognition  ?
(Nov. 30, 2018  5:10 AM)Unravel RK Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2018  1:05 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Before we aim as high as the Olympics, we need to give Beyblade some recognition. And that's not happening by just sitting around. Even though I really doubt that the Olympics is a realistic goal for Beyblade, putting more recognition could allow Beyblade to become part of a special competition. Maybe some "Olympic Games" event, in stead of Olympic sports.
Not Olympic but Sports can be . What we have to do for giving beyblade some recognition  ?

Maybe stream tournaments on YouTube. Other than that, I don't know. Maybe try expanding the community.
*sigh* Another one of these threads. I guess I'll need to be the one who ruins the party.

Beyblade is never, and will never, become a sport.

Most competitive sports have company sponsors who create gear. In beyblade, rather, it's one (technically two, but I'll explain why it doesn't exactly count) company that produces all the parts.

Now, why does this exactly matter?

Because of the fact it is just releasing from one company, it takes a vital aspect which I find to be why beyblade itself could never be a sport: there is only one company releasing a defined line of tops, and another three companies following suit. Four different companies copying the four same beyblades strips the idea of sponsorship because they all copy from the one company that designs the tops. There aren't multiple designers releasing multiple parts meant to compete and be compatible for one another.

ALSO

While skill is involved, it doesn't take half a year to develop the skills necessary to become a blader. In my only tournament (in 2015) I just used some recommended combos and a flair of my own knowledge and managed to get second place. Besides, Burst is fairly broken. Slap any left spinning beyblade onto bearing and boom, you're on the podium..

A L S O

The generational concept of beyblade is what I can consider the final nail in the coffin. Sure, the game needs to be kept fresh, but not hard resets and five hear hiatuses. How do you expect someone to dedicate their entire career to being an olympic beyblader when the series they have trained so hard in was being replaced?

Olympic sports are three things:

Mental

Physical

Non-Proprietary.

Beyblade lacks non-proprietary. Takara Tomy is the only company making these parts (with a couple from hasbro, but TT is the true showrunner of all beyblade series) , so whatever takara tomy says goes. Other top systems are also only inter-proprietary (we don't recognise top plate, draco spin, vintage beigoma, or battle strikers as beyblade). There is no long term system that has been under development for years. Parts are just gimmicky and not directly geared at being high powered, and the motifs are mythology and for kids.

Sorry, but this is just wishful thinking. Beyblade at most is just a competitive hobby as much as cup stacking, speedcubing, and chess.
(Nov. 30, 2018  9:41 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: *sigh* Another one of these threads. I guess I'll need to be the one who ruins the party.

Beyblade is never, and will never, become a sport.

Most competitive sports have company sponsors who create gear. In beyblade, rather, it's one (technically two, but I'll explain why it doesn't exactly count) company that produces all the parts.

Now, why does this exactly matter?

Because of the fact it is just releasing from one company, it takes a vital aspect which I find to be why beyblade itself could never be a sport: there is only one company releasing a defined line of tops, and another three companies following suit. Four different companies copying the four same beyblades strips the idea of sponsorship because they all copy from the one company that designs the tops. There aren't multiple designers releasing multiple parts meant to compete and be compatible for one another.

ALSO

While skill is involved, it doesn't take half a year to develop the skills necessary to become a blader. In my only tournament (in 2015) I just used some recommended combos and a flair of my own knowledge and managed to get second place. Besides, Burst is fairly broken. Slap any left spinning beyblade onto bearing and boom, you're on the podium..

A L S O

The generational concept of beyblade is what I can consider the final nail in the coffin. Sure, the game needs to be kept fresh, but not hard resets and five hear hiatuses. How do you expect someone to dedicate their entire career to being an olympic beyblader when the series they have trained so hard in was being replaced?

Olympic sports are three things:

Mental

Physical

Non-Proprietary.

Beyblade lacks non-proprietary. Takara Tomy is the only company making these parts (with a couple from hasbro, but TT is the true showrunner of all beyblade series) , so whatever takara tomy says goes. Other top systems are also only inter-proprietary (we don't recognise top plate, draco spin, vintage beigoma, or battle strikers as beyblade). There is no long term system that has been under development for years. Parts are just gimmicky and not directly geared at being high powered, and the motifs are mythology and for kids.

Sorry, but this is just wishful thinking. Beyblade at most is just a competitive hobby as much as cup stacking, speedcubing, and chess.

I agree all the way beyblade will never be a sport
This is kind of a joke to most of the members of WBO and @[UltimateMaster], you never explained what's gonna happen if none of this doesn't turn out to work out. Not to sound rude or anything but you can't just want Beyblading to become an official Olympic sport or anything, I mean that'll be just like wanting Bakugan to be some kind of Olympic (yeah I'm dumb.) and that's just insane. Plus for any real Olympic sport, it actually requires skills and passion for the specific sport which comes from the inside and not by just modifying some kind of spinning top to make it stronger. Beyblading would be better as a sport if it remains the same as it is today.
I think the focus should be more on expanding the diversity of parts and upgrading accessories to appeal to a wider audience before we think about going full olympia lol. Until engineers (or one of us) figures outs a way to safely make beyblades faster whilist Takara Tomy/Hasbro create tournament stadiums that mimic the size of the anime stadiums (not the seating parts but the actually ring where battles take place), beyblade will remain the way it is now. At the moment, there aren't any people on platforms like twitch that beyblade whom could reach and convert new people to beyblade. With enough individuals doing high quality beyblade media amongst other things, we could see a large revival in our franchise like how YuGioGH did with a combination of twitch streams, youtubers, and their app.
(Nov. 29, 2018  2:56 AM)UFoxer Wrote: People may say that Beyblade should be an Olympic sport because of strategy and launch strength being an athletic aspect. But both these arguments are still flawed even if good in theory. There are simply not enough, and there would never be enough parts to create a diverse and balanced meta, in Beyblade, there has always been a few, dominant combinations like currently, it is hS combos, last year there was mG and Ωuter. There can never be as many possibilities as a chessboard has so many possibilities, so there can never be true strategy. And launcher strength being an athletic aspect cannot be very viable for very long. Even if the launchers don't skip teeth if we launch too hard the beys would just self KO as shown in a video by the BBG (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YkhJR1X2Kk&t=619s) We must also consider the public opinion on Beyblade. Many adults may not even know what Beyblade is and many people who have had Beyblades as a kid consider it a kids toy/meme. When I brought my Beyblades to school it was apparent this was true. Beyblade, as it is now, will never become an Olympic sport and needs to give more control to the player over his/her bey to remotely be considered a sport.

Actually, if the beys were made by one out of many sources, specifically for one person, it would balance the meta while also making Beyblade competent with smaller sports. If stronger launchers were also added in, it would make it an actual popular sport. By all means, please correct me if I am wrong.

However, in order to make this happen, 3D printing needs to advance and a basic template needs to be released.
Beyblade is not suitable for the Olympics. Beyblade is a game. But WBBA could be global (Hasbro hosts Estonia, and these tournaments have such strict rules) and organize tournaments all over the world.
Here is a thing I Believe it shouldn’t become an Olympic sport but possibly you could become a Regular sport
There are many flaws

1.nobody will sponser something that many people dont like
2.there has to be clubs for beyblade eithet in scl or outside
3.There is no talent involved in it other than customisations
(Dec. 06, 2018  10:22 AM) pid=\1482508' Wrote:The skill involved could be aiming alongside the customization? But I do think that while it can't be olympic, beyblade could reach that of Esport level. In the event that gaming becomes an olympic sport though, they better accept beyblade as well lol.
(Nov. 22, 2018  5:47 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I have seen people make petitions before on this and I totally agree with them. BEYBLADE SHOULD BE AN OLYMPIC SPORT!!!

Sign my petition: 
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/463/466/839/
I would sign it but why do u need my email address and my home address?

I think that’s to much information.

Make another one with less Information needed and I’m sure you’ll get more than 18 people.

LETS GET BEYBLADE IN THE OLYMPICS!!
HAHA LOL THERES ONLY 18 PETITIONERS!
Beyblade should be an olimpic sport but im not going to sign it because i do not want random people knowing my name srry
(Apr. 15, 2021  1:17 AM)Dblader Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2018  5:47 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I have seen people make petitions before on this and I totally agree with them. BEYBLADE SHOULD BE AN OLYMPIC SPORT!!!

Sign my petition: 
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/463/466/839/
I would sign it but why do u need my email address and my home address?

I think that’s to much information.

Make another one with less Information needed and I’m sure you’ll get more than 18 people.

LETS GET BEYBLADE IN THE OLYMPICS!!

(Apr. 15, 2021  1:32 AM)eggblader Wrote: HAHA LOL THERES ONLY 18 PETITIONERS!

(Apr. 15, 2021  1:35 AM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Beyblade should be an olimpic sport but im not going to sign it because i do not want random people knowing my name srry

This is A: An extremely old thread (2+ years), and B: Never going to happen, unfortunately.
The first step to getting Beyblade as an Olympic sport would be to have it be included in high school sports, which again, isn't going to happen.
oh................
(Nov. 22, 2018  9:31 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: I mean i love beyblade but,this is too much,it isn't a sport ,it's a toy/hobby

acctually if there is a tournament 4 it, it is considered a sport
(Apr. 15, 2021  2:04 AM)Psycho101 Wrote:

acctually if there is a tournament 4 it, it is considered a sport

That’s not true. There’s tournaments for video games and yet they aren’t classified as a sport. Anything can have a tournament, but that doesn’t make it a sport.