Hasbro's Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [W.I.P]

(May. 21, 2018  1:18 AM)TakoWako Wrote:
(May. 21, 2018  12:35 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: Ok.

K 7CAt (First) vs (Left Spin) LS3 7MH (Second Sliding Shoot): TakoWako
F3 PAt (First) vs (Left Spin) LS3 7MH (Second Sliding Shoot): TakoWako
G3 7CAt (First) vs (Left Spin) LS3 7MH (Second Sliding Shoot): TakoWako

These look good to you?

Also, about the test regarding LS3 7MX, not sure exactly why, but I think it's used way more often than LS3 7MH.

I have several tests for Left Spin and Right Spin LS3 in this link, so check it out whenever you get the chance and let me know if you want to edit any of those tests or add some new ones: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...1467377974

Thanks.

Yeah, Thats good. The S3 combo i wasn't sure about because the combos uses S3.

Coolness, I'll start them as soon as I can. Thanks!
@[TakoWako]

Kerbeus 7Cross Atomic (First) vs. (Left Spin) Legend Spryzen S3 7Meteor Hold (Second Sliding Shoot): TakoWako
- K.7C.At: 17 SFs, 2 BFs (95% Win Rate)
- LS3.7M.H: 1 BF (5% Win Rate)

Fafnir F3 Polish Atomic (First) vs. (Left Spin) Legend Spryzen S3 7Meteor Hold (Second Sliding Shoot): TakoWako
- F3.P.At: 16 SFs, 2 BFs (90% Win Rate)
- LS3.7M.H: 1 SO, 1 BF (10% Win Rate)

Garuda G3 7Cross Atomic (First) vs. (Left Spin) Legend Spryzen S3 7Meteor Hold (Second Sliding Shoot): TakoWako
- G3.7C.At: 18 SFs (90% Win Rate)
- LS3.7M.H: 2 SOs (10% Win Rate)
As expected, Left Spin for Legend Sprizen is less than stellar. That being said, we're getting Sprizen Requiem soon, so I wonder how the Hasbro version will do.
True, but interesting how it beat G3 7C At, I wonder with some adjustments we could make something work
(May. 21, 2018  11:15 PM)TakoWako Wrote: True, but interesting how it beat G3 7C At, I wonder with some adjustments we could make something work
Because LS3 had Hold, it got 2 stadium outs on G3, but overall, G3 will beat LS3 most of the time.
(May. 21, 2018  11:21 PM)TakoWako Wrote: Oh, thought those were sleep outs.
Sorry about that, my result names are a little different: BF = Burst Finish, SF = Survivor Finish, SO = Stadium Out.
(May. 06, 2017  7:03 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Has anyone managed to get Hasbro's Xcalius and Xtreme yet? They might be good additions here but we need confirmation on their performance.

If Hasbro's Xtreme is good, then maybe a Unite based defense combo could be placed here (with a warning to use only against Xtreme based attackers due to stamina)

the Hasbro xtreme tip is pretty good in odax o2.tripple.xtreme. the unite tip is also pretty good if u ask me.
We figured that out a long time ago, we’re now focused on switchstrike
(May. 22, 2018  12:36 AM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote:
(May. 06, 2017  7:03 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Has anyone managed to get Hasbro's Xcalius and Xtreme yet? They might be good additions here but we need confirmation on their performance.

If Hasbro's Xtreme is good, then maybe a Unite based defense combo could be placed here (with a warning to use only against Xtreme based attackers due to stamina)

the Hasbro xtreme tip is pretty good in odax o2.tripple.xtreme. the unite tip is also pretty good if u ask me.

I figured that out a long time ago (I asked that question when Odax O2 and Xcalius were really rare and hard to come by)
Since G3 has been banned I think it's a good time to post a new list, and given that Kerbeus has been found to be a hard counter to F3 I think it's fair to add it to the list until new better layers for stamina are released or G3 gets unbanned. Here's my suggested update to the previous list:

==Attack==
Legend Spryzen S3 2/4/5/7 Meteor/Vortex Xtreme/Hunter
Xcalius X3 1/2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive/Meteor/Vortex Xtreme/Hunter/Atomic/Needle/Trans

==Defense==
Fafnir F3 2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic

==Stamina==
Kerbeus 2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic

I simply added Kerbeus and took out G3. If anyone wants to tweak the list please do so. And if someone can change the first post so that newcomers can see something other than single and dual layers in the opening post that'd be appreciated.
Add J2.8C.N for burst defense. The strong slopes and spring of this combo more than compensates for the burst risk of 8 and Cross gives some LAD.
Is 8 better than 2/4/5/7? As far as the wiki goes, it is recommended for collection purposes only, with 4 and 7 as better alternatives. I know J2 is pretty good, but I am unsure if there's testing that supports it being useful competitively against Switchstrike beys. And given Needle is outclassed by Atomic, testing should be done to show that your combo is able to defeat Switchstrike beys.
And if it is for purely Burst defense, wouldn't something like 4 or 7 further aid that burst resistance rather than pairing it with a core disk that is prone to bursting?
I haven't done the testing myself, so I'm just saying what I can find on the wiki and the testings I have seen. If you can perform some tests so we can add J2 to the top tier list showing how it performs well against X3 or LS3 (right spin) that'd be greatly appreciated. I'll look through old tests to see if I can find anything and edit my post accordingly.
(May. 22, 2018  9:43 AM)Defensa Wrote: Since G3 has been banned I think it's a good time to post a new list, and given that Kerbeus has been found to be a hard counter to F3 I think it's fair to add it to the list until new better layers for stamina are released or G3 gets unbanned. Here's my suggested update to the previous list:

==Attack==
Legend Spryzen S3 2/4/5/7 Meteor/Vortex Xtreme/Hunter/Variable
Xcalius X3 1/2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive/Meteor/Vortex Xtreme/Hunter/Weight/Variable/Atomic/Needle/Trans
Added Variable and weight. Weight is quite good for stationary attack and a worn hasbro variable is very fast and can be controlled to an extent
Things to look for: Roktavor, D3 and Trident. Especially roktavor and trident because of lack of stationary attack options
==Defense==
Fafnir F3 2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Hold
Added Hold because it has equal pressicision to atomic and is mobile

==Stamina==
Kerbeus 2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Orbit 
Jormuntor J2 2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Orbit
Unicrest 2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Orbit 
Cognite C3 2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Orbit
Added orbit cuz its tighter than Atomic. Also added other layers wwith stamina nearly equal to K. 
Will make a better list when exams are over but for now i can only make this
(May. 22, 2018  2:03 PM)Defensa Wrote: Is 8 better than 2/4/5/7? As far as the wiki goes, it is recommended for collection purposes only, with 4 and 7 as better alternatives. I know J2 is pretty good, but I am unsure if there's testing that supports it being useful competitively against Switchstrike beys. And given Needle is outclassed by Atomic, testing should be done to show that your combo is able to defeat Switchstrike beys.
And if it is for purely Burst defense, wouldn't something like 4 or 7 further aid that burst resistance rather than pairing it with a core disk that is prone to bursting?
I haven't done the testing myself, so I'm just saying what I can find on the wiki and the testings I have seen. If you can perform some tests so we can add J2 to the top tier list showing how it performs well against X3 or LS3 (right spin) that'd be greatly appreciated. I'll look through old tests to see if I can find anything and edit my post accordingly.

I have pit this combo against S3.7M.X and D3.8G.H and it takes no burst damage. I will test it's resistance to low velocity burst when I get home from school. Raw stamina wise what is better, 8 or 7?

Note my copy of needle has the strongest spring of all my drivers and atomic is being used by F3.P.At
Well J2.7C.At is a beast. I was just random testing it against my two attack combos (S3.7M.X and D3.8G.H) and it can get KOed by hold's speed but otherwise it has the upper hand against that combo. S3, it can get strong hits but always loses its patern before a bursting impact. The one time it got a burst was because it bounced up and hit from above then it hit it again and bursted it. Otherwise the farthest the S3 combo got J2 was 3/4th the way to bursting.
(May. 24, 2018  1:55 AM)MWF Wrote: Well J2.7C.At is a beast. I was just random testing it against my two attack combos (S3.7M.X and D3.8G.H) and it can get KOed by hold's speed but otherwise it has the upper hand against that combo. S3, it can get strong hits but always loses its patern before a bursting impact. The one time it got a burst was because it bounced up and hit from above then it hit it again and bursted it. Otherwise the farthest the S3 combo got J2 was 3/4th the way to bursting.

This is one of the tests I asked KJ for, been asking for tests to narrow down the best options for attack in the current Hasbro meta.

J2 7CAt (First) vs (Right Spin) LS3 7MX (Second Sliding Shoot): Defensa
- J2 7CAt: 8 SFs, 1 BF (45% Win Rate)
- LS3 7MX: 7 BFs, 4 SOs (55% Win Rate)

This was the only test J2 technically lost, although 45/55 is basically a tie. You should check out the tests I've asked for in his spreadsheet.

So far X3 is better for stationary attack than LS3 but they both got better results with mobile attack. Roktavor had poor results for stationary attack compared to X3 and LS3 as expected. So far Atomic is best for stationary attack, with Needle behind and Weight behind but closer to Needle.
For Stamina, Kerbeus is dethroned only by F3, although J2 is not far behind and J2 can actually take hits unlike K. Everything else in the Stamina/Defense department performed less than stellar. K is the only one that can consistently defeat F3, while J2 is the only other layer (with F3) that has any chance against Switchstrike mobile attack, for stationary Switchstrike attack hasn't been great so far, so I'd personally stick with Xtreme (or a worn Variable, but testing is needed for that). I still haven't asked for testing for Hunter or Trans, but I doubt that'll change what I've said so far about attack.

TL;DR: Mobile>Stationary attack, Roktavor is outclassed, F3 is still king, K destroys F3, J2 has good enough defense for now.
what do you mean by second sliding shoot? Do u mean what shu does as red eye in burst evolution, or what?
(May. 24, 2018  2:43 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: what do you mean by second sliding shoot? Do u mean what shu does as red eye in burst evolution, or what?
It means that the Bey was launched second and with a sliding shoot or bank shoot. Hope that helped!
(May. 24, 2018  2:55 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  2:43 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote: what do you mean by second sliding shoot? Do u mean what shu does as red eye in burst evolution, or what?
It means that the Bey was launched second and with a sliding shoot or bank shoot. Hope that helped!
By bank shoot you mean angled shoot, right?
(May. 24, 2018  5:00 PM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  2:55 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: It means that the Bey was launched second and with a sliding shoot or bank shoot. Hope that helped!
By bank shoot you mean angled shoot, right?
Yeah, pretty much.
(May. 24, 2018  10:57 AM)Defensa Wrote:
(May. 24, 2018  1:55 AM)MWF Wrote: Well J2.7C.At is a beast. I was just random testing it against my two attack combos (S3.7M.X and D3.8G.H) and it can get KOed by hold's speed but otherwise it has the upper hand against that combo. S3, it can get strong hits but always loses its patern before a bursting impact. The one time it got a burst was because it bounced up and hit from above then it hit it again and bursted it. Otherwise the farthest the S3 combo got J2 was 3/4th the way to bursting.

This is one of the tests I asked KJ for, been asking for tests to narrow down the best options for attack in the current Hasbro meta.

J2 7CAt (First) vs (Right Spin) LS3 7MX (Second Sliding Shoot): Defensa
- J2 7CAt: 8 SFs, 1 BF (45% Win Rate)
- LS3 7MX: 7 BFs, 4 SOs (55% Win Rate)

This was the only test J2 technically lost, although 45/55 is basically a tie. You should check out the tests I've asked for in his spreadsheet.

So far X3 is better for stationary attack than LS3 but they both got better results with mobile attack. Roktavor had poor results for stationary attack compared to X3 and LS3 as expected. So far Atomic is best for stationary attack, with Needle behind and Weight behind but closer to Needle.
For Stamina, Kerbeus is dethroned only by F3, although J2 is not far behind and J2 can actually take hits unlike K. Everything else in the Stamina/Defense department performed less than stellar. K is the only one that can consistently defeat F3, while J2 is the only other layer (with F3) that has any chance against Switchstrike mobile attack, for stationary Switchstrike attack hasn't been great so far, so I'd personally stick with Xtreme (or a worn Variable, but testing is needed for that). I still haven't asked for testing for Hunter or Trans, but I doubt that'll change what I've said so far about attack.

TL;DR: Mobile>Stationary attack, Roktavor is outclassed, F3 is still king, K destroys F3, J2 has good enough defense for now.
Just wanted to clear that roktavor is better at stationary attack than ls3 also its a fact that stationary attack has less percentage than mobile attack but is more controllable. J2,U,C3,K,A2  all have quite comparable stamina but J2 and U have the best defense and maybe C3 is behind them in terms of burst defence whereas K and A2 have worst burst defense out of them and i think all these layers would get a pretty good wining percentage against mirror f3 combos.
 Also considering how weak is stamina compared to attack in hasbro meta things like j3 attack and D3 can shine but they need testing. Also for stationary attack needle and weight are more controllable than orbit and atomic and can be launched hardder without risk of self ko whereas atomic provides a better chance of outspining opposite spin opponents
So, with the rubber of F3 would it be good for mixed attack? Also a few combos I like are

F3 7C At (Stamina)
S3 7M (Worn) Variable (Attack)
Edit: Also, since I don’t have a G3 can someone test G3 4G At vs O 4GAt stamina wise? And would O be a replacement for G3?
Edit#2: if you use attack combos vs it can you try O4G/C Nothing?
If you're asking about Hasbro Odax, then I'm sorry to say this, but Odax is terrible in Hasbro. It would have a hard time being meta relevant, let along a part to fill in Garuda's shoes.
(May. 27, 2018  12:48 AM)TakoWako Wrote: So, with the rubber of F3 would it be good for mixed attack? Also a few combos I like are

F3 7C At (Stamina)
S3 7M (Worn) Variable (Attack)
Edit: Also, since I don’t have a G3 can someone test G3 4G At vs O 4GAt stamina wise? And would O be a replacement for G3?
Edit#2: if you use attack combos vs it can you try O4G/C Nothing?
While F3 can burst beyblades by the grip of its rubber its attack isnt enough to be used on attack setups. 
Also this isnt a place to mention ur fav combos anand odax bursts too easily to be useful for anything and its also too light to be used.