[Hasbro]  Yard-S Testing and Discussion

I had posted a bunch of tests for Yard-S in other threads, so I thought I'd put all of them here as well. And if I have any new tests with Yard-S, they'll go here from now on.

Same Spin Tests Done So Far (Click to View)

Combined with the earlier Same Spin testing I did with Yard-S, I made an l-word aka list to show what Yard-S wins, loses, and draws against in Same Spin. I also made it so you could see it with or without percentages. The percentage shown is the likelihood of Yard-S winning that matchup.

Same Spin Yard-S Matchups
Beats (With Percentages) (Click to View)
Beats (Without Percentages) (Click to View)
Loses To (With Percentages) (Click to View)
Loses To (Without Percentages) (Click to View)
Draws Against (With Percentages) (Click to View)
Draws Against (Without Percentages) (Click to View)

Opposite Spin Tests Done So Far (Click to View)

With the Opposite Spin testing for Yard-S now complete, I made another l-word aka list to show what Yard-S wins, loses, and draws against in Opposite Spin. Once again, I included it with and without percentages. The percentage shown is the likelihood of Yard-S winning that matchup.

Opposite Spin Yard-S Matchups
Beats (With Percentages) (Click to View)
Beats (Without Percentages) (Click to View)
Loses To (With Percentages) (Click to View)
Loses To (Without Percentages) (Click to View)

This basically wraps up the testing I currently have for Yard-S. If there are any new tests I do for it in the future, I'll be sure to post them here.
Thanks for posting this, KJ! While I don't know how useful Yard-S will be in Burst Standard due to most of Hasbro's Layers not being competitive in that format, it's becoming one of my favorite Drivers in Burst Classic.

I don't think I have any formal results with it at the moment, but performance wise, I've found it to be very much like a mix between Defense and Orbit, because it has the free spinning ball, but the diameter of this ball is so small that it doesn't have the same self-KO risk that Orbit does, so I can launch it a lot harder if I have to. It's really nice because it can defeat Orbit in same spin similarly to Defense, while also being able to destabilize Revolve and Eternal consistently in my testing. My favorite combo to use it with is Yegdrion Heavy Yard-S.
Just finished the Opposite Spin matchups for Yard-S. All of the new tests and percentages have been added to the opening post.
I had completed more Same Spin matchups for Yard-S (Atomic-S, Defense-S, Destroy-S, Eternal-S, Flugel-S, Friction-S, Needle-S, Octa, Prevail-S, Survive-S, and Wedge-S) in the past but never got around to adding them until now. All of the new tests and percentages have been added to the opening post. Also, with Prevail-S, since we don't know its official abbreviation, I just decided to call it "Pr-S" because of how most other two letter abbreviated parts (aside from Cycle and Orbit Metal) have been abbreviated (the first non-vowel letter after the first letter in the word). Also, if you're wondering why Drivers in SlingShock Modes weren't sliding shot and instead tornado stalled, it's because the hole flat they make in SlingShock Mode is usually too wide to maintain the sliding shoot pattern and many of them tend to Self-KO a lot as well.
It's funny you should mention Yard-S today, it was used in a classic tournament today to great effect on Anubion A2. It managed to defeat both Orpheus and Neptune. Quite good.
Slightly off topic, but is gyro generally good and this is a case of it being bad vs yard-s alone, or is it just a bad driver in general?
Also, is it possible to 'awaken' a gyro driver like the volcanic drivers?
(Aug. 05, 2019  8:46 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Slightly off topic, but is gyro generally good and this is a case of it being bad vs yard-s alone, or is it just a bad driver in general?
Also, is it possible to 'awaken' a gyro driver like the volcanic drivers?
I don’t have much info on Gyro since I joined the WBO after its release. I think it’s either better or worse than Survive. Someone with more knowledge can correct me on that though. I’m a noob with that Driver right now but I do plan on doing more tests with it soon™. I feel like it’s more of the latter thing: it’s just bad against Yard-S. Regarding your second question, I’m not really sure to be honest, sorry.
Just finished the last Opposite Spin matchups I have right now for Yard-S (Atomic-S, Defense-S, Destroy-S, Eternal-S, Flugel-S, Friction-S, Needle-S, Octa, Prevail-S, Survive-S, and Wedge-S) until I get some of the new SlingShock Drivers like Absorb-S or Dimension-S. All of the new tests and percentages have been added to the opening post.
Just finished Yard-S (Battle Ring Mode)'s Same and Opposite Spin Matchups for a new SlingShock Driver: Massive-S. All of the new tests and percentages have been added to the opening post.