[Hasbro]  Salamander S4 Testing and Discussion

Here are some tests I did with both modes of Salamander S4. As far as the weight goes, I got 10.65 grams when weighing the Layer. The first section was testing Same and Opposite Spin Stamina against Garuda G3, Balkesh B3, and Spryzen Requiem S3. I also had it face Caynox C3 as well as Fafnir F3. The second section was testing KO Attack and comparing its performance to Luinor L3, the best Hasbro Left Spin Attack Layer we have right now.

Disclaimer (Click to View)

Section 1: Same & Opposite Spin Stamina (Click to View)

Section 2: KO Attack (Click to View)

Final Thoughts (Click to View)
(May. 03, 2019  1:56 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: Here are some tests I did with both modes of Salamander S4. The first section was testing Same and Opposite Spin Stamina against Garuda G3, Balkesh B3, and Spryzen Requiem S3. I also had it face Caynox C3 as well as Fafnir F3. The second section was testing KO Attack and comparing its performance to Luinor L3, the best Hasbro Left Spin Attack Layer we have right now.

Section 1: Same & Opposite Spin Stamina (Click to View)

Section 2: KO Attack (Click to View)

Final Thoughts (Click to View)

This was expected, since it has no OWD to speak of. If the ring was filled in a little more, it might of made a tiny difference in its ability. Sadly, this is the result.
Thank you for doing the exhaustive testing!

Gosh. They really did a number on Salamander. It's like the Bizarro version of Hell Salamander. Stick with Sr3/G3/B3, Hasbladers!
So, You tested a SlingShock generation beyblade against 6 SwitchStrike generation Beyblades.... that's comparing apples with pears.

SlingShock Beys are focused on low weight and are supposed to ride fast through the rails of the SlingShock Stadiums. If you take a Rail Rush Stadium and put those Garudas and Balkeshs on a SlingShock driver, they won't get anywhere;-)

So, to revive these examinations, it would be interesting to test Salamander against other SlingShock Beys. I will do so soon.
(Nov. 14, 2019  9:32 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: So, You tested a SlingShock generation beyblade against 6 SwitchStrike generation Beyblades.... that's comparing apples with pears.

SlingShock Beys are focused on low weight and are supposed to ride fast through the rails of the SlingShock Stadiums. If you take a Rail Rush Stadium and put those Garudas and Balkeshs on a SlingShock driver, they won't get anywhere;-)

So, to revive these examinations, it would be interesting to test Salamander against other SlingShock Beys. I will do so soon.
The point of the testing is to test parts from new releases against previously released parts to see how they do against one another. In WBO Burst tournaments, people only use the Burst Beystadium Standard Type from Takara Tomy for tournament play, as all Hasbro Burst Beystadiums aren't legal for tournament play. So if I did testing in the Rail Rush Beystadium or other Hasbro Burst Beystadiums, it wouldn't give me the info I need in regards to part viability for tournaments. The reason I didn't test Salamander S4 against other SlingShock parts is because many of them aren't top-tier for Hasbro in Burst. I want to see how it stacks up to some of the better parts we have. Maybe in the future, I'll revisit Salamander S4 (probably once Burst Limited comes out), but for now, I want to focus on testing new parts instead of revisiting old ones.
(Nov. 14, 2019  9:32 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: So, You tested a SlingShock generation beyblade against 6 SwitchStrike generation Beyblades.... that's comparing apples with pears.

Why, the turbo beys don't exist in a vacuum and should be compared to previous generations. And hS4 has no excuse for being this bad since H4 in the same wave is at least on par with most of the Switchstrike layers. And we are talking about the viability of these beys in a standard meta, so it makes sense to compare them to the current meta masters for Hasbro. And the argument that "If you take a Rail Rush Stadium and put those Garudas and Balkeshs on a SlingShock driver, they won't get anywhere;-)" isn't even true. G3.00C.At-S is great in a slingshock environment and B3.00W.Dm-S is good enough to kill even in a slingshock environment.
(Nov. 14, 2019  10:49 PM)bladekid Wrote:

Why, the turbo beys don't exist in a vacuum and should be compared to previous generations. And hS4 has no excuse for being this bad since H4 in the same wave is at least on par with most of the Switchstrike layers. And we are talking about the viability of these beys in a standard meta, so it makes sense to compare them to the current meta masters for Hasbro. And the argument that "If you take a Rail Rush Stadium and put those Garudas and Balkeshs on a SlingShock driver, they won't get anywhere;-)" isn't even true. G3.00C.At-S is great in a slingshock environment and B3.00W.Dm-S is good enough to kill even in a slingshock environment.

But your combos are just good in general... You should pick different SlingShock drivers to prove your point.
(Nov. 15, 2019  4:00 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2019  10:49 PM)bladekid Wrote: Why, the turbo beys don't exist in a vacuum and should be compared to previous generations. And hS4 has no excuse for being this bad since H4 in the same wave is at least on par with most of the Switchstrike layers. And we are talking about the viability of these beys in a standard meta, so it makes sense to compare them to the current meta masters for Hasbro. And the argument that "If you take a Rail Rush Stadium and put those Garudas and Balkeshs on a SlingShock driver, they won't get anywhere;-)" isn't even true. G3.00C.At-S is great in a slingshock environment and B3.00W.Dm-S is good enough to kill even in a slingshock environment.

But your combos are just good in general... You should pick different SlingShock drivers to prove your point.
Why? I'm using the layers provided and slingshock parts to prove my point. It's not about how good the combos are, it's about them being slingshock. But I guess I will. G3.00C.Yr-S/Fr-S and B3.00E.Ds-S/Ab-S. You happy? I do think you're just salty that I had the perfect response to the criticisms though.
Thank You, Bladekid and Kjrules, for explaining. Ok, now I understand that testing should be performed in the Burst Beystadium Standard Type. Well... meanwhile I tested Salamander S4 in my own test scenario (SlingShock Beys only in Cross Collision Beystadium) and even there it performed very bad (Place 12 of 14).

So I agree with You, Hasbro could not present a good Salamander like the one we know from TT.
(Nov. 15, 2019  5:34 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2019  4:00 AM)Armor Wrote: But your combos are just good in general... You should pick different SlingShock drivers to prove your point.
Why? I'm using the layers provided and slingshock parts to prove my point. It's not about how good the combos are, it's about them being slingshock. But I guess I will. G3.00C.Yr-S/Fr-S and B3.00E.Ds-S/Ab-S. You happy? I do think you're just salty that I had the perfect response to the criticisms though.

Well yes(about your perfect response), but I think the problem that was being addressed was the majority of SlingShock drivers being bad. Choosing the absolute best ones(that basically transcend Slingshock quality) isn't the strongest argument.

The original combos that you selected are good regardless of whether it is a "SlingShock" environment or not. How does SlingShock setup reduce the performance of those beys? That's like saying SrS3 0B Br is good in a SlingShock stadium.
(Nov. 15, 2019  10:26 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2019  5:34 AM)bladekid Wrote: Why? I'm using the layers provided and slingshock parts to prove my point. It's not about how good the combos are, it's about them being slingshock. But I guess I will. G3.00C.Yr-S/Fr-S and B3.00E.Ds-S/Ab-S. You happy? I do think you're just salty that I had the perfect response to the criticisms though.

Well yes(about your perfect response), but I think the problem that was being addressed was the majority of SlingShock drivers being bad. Choosing the absolute best ones(that basically transcend Slingshock quality) isn't the strongest argument.

The original combos that you selected are good regardless of whether it is a "SlingShock" environment or not. How does SlingShock setup reduce the performance of those beys? That's like saying SrS3 0B Br is good in a SlingShock stadium.
Them being in the Slingshock stadium really doesn't affect the perform of the combos. And the person just asked about the 2 layers on any slingshock tips. And I did answer your question and give better examples just for you.
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:19 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2019  10:26 PM)Armor Wrote: Well yes(about your perfect response), but I think the problem that was being addressed was the majority of SlingShock drivers being bad. Choosing the absolute best ones(that basically transcend Slingshock quality) isn't the strongest argument.

Them being in the Slingshock stadium really doesn't affect the perform of the combos. And the person just asked about the 2 layers on any slingshock tips. And I did answer your question and give better examples just for you.

So you agree that the combos you gave are good no matter what stadium right? Then your example, while legit, wouldn't apply because the original question was to consider the fact that most Slingshock drivers are bad. While you're right, you're not correctly addressing the question. You basically found a loophole in @Me-has-Bro's argument.
(Nov. 16, 2019  3:55 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:19 AM)bladekid Wrote: Them being in the Slingshock stadium really doesn't affect the perform of the combos. And the person just asked about the 2 layers on any slingshock tips. And I did answer your question and give better examples just for you.

So you agree that the combos you gave are good no matter what stadium right? Then your example, while legit, wouldn't apply because the original question was to consider the fact that most Slingshock drivers are bad. While you're right, you're not correctly addressing the question. You basically found a loophole in @Me-has-Bro's argument.
I'm just gonna stop responding, if you haven't already understood that I not only answered the question legitimately, but even gave more examples after you brought up the fact the I was kinda cherry picking even though it makes logical sense to pick the best ones for the job, then you aren't going to understand why I'm in the right.