Hasbro Pro Series Stadium in different WBO formats

(Mar. 10, 2021  7:03 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2021  5:48 AM)Shindog Wrote: You can order a Pro Series Stadium from Target online now (in the US)  and I believe there is a 25% off 1 toy promotion.

Hey, so will official WBO Tourneys use this stadium? Or any other stadium really, as long as it's TT or Hasbro?
Not yet.  This stadium will have to be approved for official use.  Please refer to each of the legal stadiums in the different formats at this time.
(Mar. 10, 2021  7:03 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2021  5:48 AM)Shindog Wrote: You can order a Pro Series Stadium from Target online now (in the US)  and I believe there is a 25% off 1 toy promotion.

Hey, so will official WBO Tourneys use this stadium? Or any other stadium really, as long as it's TT or Hasbro?

As of right now no.  From the rulebook "All ranked matches must take place in the Takara-Tomy BeyStadium Standard Type."  So unranked stuff can be in whatever but barring a rule change, only the TT standard stadium is currently legal.

I personally would not like to see this or any other stadium added to the current ranked matches.  The stadium effects the performance of the beyblades even if it's small differences such as the height of the tornado ring.  For the sake of competitive integrity, all matches should be played in the exact same arena.  For the same reasons sports arenas are standardized, so should beyblade arenas.
I don't care if Burst Format moves to Pro Series, Dash Bey, or the upcoming new stadium.

Just please revise KO rulings
(Mar. 10, 2021  11:26 PM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2021  7:03 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: Hey, so will official WBO Tourneys use this stadium? Or any other stadium really, as long as it's TT or Hasbro?

As of right now no.  From the rulebook "All ranked matches must take place in the Takara-Tomy BeyStadium Standard Type."  So unranked stuff can be in whatever but barring a rule change, only the TT standard stadium is currently legal.

I personally would not like to see this or any other stadium added to the current ranked matches.  The stadium effects the performance of the beyblades even if it's small differences such as the height of the tornado ring.  For the sake of competitive integrity, all matches should be played in the exact same arena.  For the same reasons sports arenas are standardized, so should beyblade arenas.
This is an important point to consider for sure. However, not all sports arenas are entirely  standardize even at the highest competitive level.  Baseball parks and Football stadiums are 2 that comes to mind quickly that can differ from place to place in some aspects.
(Mar. 10, 2021  10:57 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2021  7:03 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: Hey, so will official WBO Tourneys use this stadium? Or any other stadium really, as long as it's TT or Hasbro?
Not yet.  This stadium will have to be approved for official use.  Please refer to each of the legal stadiums in the different formats at this time.

Ok, thanks
(Mar. 11, 2021  12:46 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2021  11:26 PM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: As of right now no.  From the rulebook "All ranked matches must take place in the Takara-Tomy BeyStadium Standard Type."  So unranked stuff can be in whatever but barring a rule change, only the TT standard stadium is currently legal.

This is an important point to consider for sure. However, not all sports arenas are entirely  standardize even at the highest competitive level.  Baseball parks and Football stadiums are 2 that comes to mind quickly that can differ from place to place in some aspects.

Two different leagues have different stadiums in football, not within leagues as far as I'm aware, please correct me if I'm wrong.  And yes, some MLB parks have a longer outfield but that is the only difference and that difference does not impact strategy or how the game is played at all.  It doesn't effect "the meta" if you will.
(Mar. 11, 2021  1:22 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2021  12:46 AM)Shindog Wrote: This is an important point to consider for sure. However, not all sports arenas are entirely  standardize even at the highest competitive level.  Baseball parks and Football stadiums are 2 that comes to mind quickly that can differ from place to place in some aspects.

Two different leagues have different stadiums in football, not within leagues as far as I'm aware, please correct me if I'm wrong.  And yes, some MLB parks have a longer outfield but that is the only difference and that difference does not impact strategy or how the game is played at all.  It doesn't effect "the meta" if you will.
For football, I am referring to open vs closed dome and turf vs grass. I think how easy or hard it is to throw a football or hit a homerun has some impact on strategy, how the game is played, and coached/managed.

Actually the best examples are probably golf and tennis.
In the other competitive game I play, Smash Ultimate, the stages that are allowed in competitive play are pretty varied. This is fine, because the stages that are allowed don't have elements that lead to unfair games. While some stages slightly favor certain characters or strategies, they are legal as long as they aren't too polarizing.

While Smash and Beyblade are different games, the same logic still applies. From what I've seen and heard, the hasbro pro stadium is fit for competitive play. It shouldn't matter If it's different, so long as it's fair. The point of regulations is to promote fairness, not sameness. Even still, the differences between the pro series stadium and the standard type stadium are marginal. Yes, the two stadiums play differently, but not to a degree that should warrant illegality.

And while you can say "my combo would have won in the other stadium", a better player would say "the combo I want to use might not win, so I will pick a combo that is more suited for this stadium". Adaptation is a key part of being a good player.
(Mar. 11, 2021  1:25 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2021  1:22 AM)GrinAndBarrett Wrote: Two different leagues have different stadiums in football, not within leagues as far as I'm aware, please correct me if I'm wrong.  And yes, some MLB parks have a longer outfield but that is the only difference and that difference does not impact strategy or how the game is played at all.  It doesn't effect "the meta" if you will.
For football, I am referring to open vs closed dome and turf vs grass. I think how easy or hard it is to throw a football or hit a homerun has some impact on strategy, how the game is played, and coached/managed.

Actually the best examples are probably golf and tennis.

As others have said, it's not entirely reasonable to have one universal stadium, when there's a second, more accessible stadium with many similar properties.

Personally, I'd say that plenty of testing should be done in the pro stadium, then compare those results to the results of similar testing done in the TT standard stadium. If the results have relatively little variation, then I'd say we should look further into the viability/competitiveness of the Hasbro Pro stadium.

I suppose we could also ask the question of, "What are the reasons why we use the TT Standard Type over any other stadium?" and work from there.
I.E., Does this stadium offer any unfair advantages to a certain beyblade type; Does this stadium allow for skill-based gameplay or does it offer uncontrollable randomness; Does this stadium have similar physical characteristics to previously competitive stadiums; etc etc.
I would say even if a stadium offers an advantage to a certain type of Beyblade, it hasn’t been a deal breaker in the past.  For example, the Zero G format we do indeed allow all 3 types of Zero G stadiums.  Often times, stadiums that favored attack have been the preference of the WBO (BB-10, Tornado Attack, and Zero G attack).   But, stadiums like Tornado Balance, which in my opinion favors stamina/defense, also has been legal for a very long time.  In my opinion, similar battles can have very different results in tornado attack vs tornado balance.  I don’t think this is a deal breaker for legalizing a stadium.  

In tennis, Nadal is the king  of Clay,  Djokovic is the king of  acrylic, and Federer is the king of grass.  I don’t think this somehow makes tennis less competitive.  As long as a stadium is fun, promotes strategic and skillful play,  I think it deserves some consideration.  I personally don’t need all legal stadiums to perform similarly.
I would say that most people are agreeing with this new stadium. It would also allow for more people to potentially become organizers. One con however is smaller pocket sizes, but that’s nothing that can’t be patched.
I think with a taller ridge, even with more pockets, the KO potential should be around the same as The TT stadium.
The reason I'm concerned is how it will affect attackers on drivers like 3rd stage evolution.
I believe it is similar enough save for the amount of walls which allow it to bounce off.
TT has traditionally employed the use of 3 pockets (correct me if I'm wrong) and I believe there might be a reason.
Shindog maybe you could do some testing? Something like Super Hyperion Ev 1A(3rd stage) should do.
I feel that if it doesn't make a difference, it can be approved.

While I accept that different stadiums with different strategies can be approved, such attackers I outlined above are crucial parts of the Meta that I feel need some consideration.
Because if they just self KO on the Pro series stadium, but can do well in the TT stadium, it's just creating contrasting Metas.
(Mar. 11, 2021  7:53 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: I think with a taller ridge, even with more pockets, the KO potential should be around the same as The TT stadium.
The reason I'm concerned is how it will affect attackers on drivers like 3rd stage evolution.
I believe it is similar enough save for the amount of walls which allow it to bounce off.
TT has traditionally employed the use of 3 pockets (correct me if I'm wrong) and I believe there might be a reason.
Shindog maybe you could do some testing? Something like Super Hyperion Ev 1A(3rd stage) should do.

While I accept that different stadiums with different strategies can be approved, such attackers I outlined above are crucial parts of the Meta that I feel need some consideration.
Because if they just self KO on the Pro series stadium, but can do well in the TT stadium, it's just creating contrasting Metas.
TT uses nearly all of their stadium releases in official tournaments traditionally.  I think I just mentioned the 3 types of zero g stadiums.  The burst big stadium has been used for Tournament play and Kei has wrote about it in his Japan trip reports.  There are more examples of this ofc. They have even used motorized stadiums.  See this world championship: https://youtu.be/70VOrxOYUSQ[url=https://youtu.be/70VOrxOYUSQ][/url]

3 pocket stadiums are popular for sure but are certainly not the only ones used.  

What are you looking for 3rd stage of Ev to do in the pro series stadium?  What does it do in the burst standard stadium?  Does the player have anything to do with it?  So what if they perform differently?  Do we need Ev 3rd stage to be equally good/bad in the 2 stadiums.  If so, why do we need or want this? I think it would be better to have a clear goal for testing. I believe I made my position clear in my previous post that I don’t think 2 stadiums have to be equal to exist in a format.

testing Super Hyperion Ev 1A 3rd stage should do what exactly?  And why does this test make it okay or not okay to approve th is stadium?  Why is it so bad that it self KOs in one stadium and not the other?  GFCUV from HMS self KOs a lot more in the BB-10 vs the Tornado attack, yet both stadiums are legal for HMS.
(Mar. 11, 2021  8:09 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2021  7:53 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: I think with a taller ridge, even with more pockets, the KO potential should be around the same as The TT stadium.

TT uses nearly all of their stadium releases in official tournaments traditionally.  I think I just mentioned the 3 types of zero g stadiums.  The burst big stadium has been used for Tournament play and Kei has wrote about it in his Japan trip reports.  There are more examples of this ofc. They have even used motorized stadiums.  See this world championship: https://youtu.be/70VOrxOYUSQ[url=https://youtu.be/70VOrxOYUSQ][/url]

3 pocket stadiums are popular for sure but are certainly not the only ones used.  

What are you looking for 3rd stage of Ev to do in the pro series stadium?  What does it do in the burst standard stadium?  Does the player have anything to do with it?  So what if they perform differently?  Do we need Ev 3rd stage to be equally good/bad in the 2 stadiums.  If so, why do we need or want this? I think it would be better to have a clear goal for testing. I believe I made my position clear in my previous post that I don’t think 2 stadiums have to be equal to exist in a format.

testing Super Hyperion Ev 1A 3rd stage should do what exactly?  And why does this test make it okay or not okay to approve th is stadium?  Why is it so bad that it self KOs in one stadium and not the other?  GFCUV from HMS self KOs a lot more in the BB-10 vs the Tornado attack, yet both stadiums are legal for HMS.

I wanted 3rd stage Ev as an example.
I think That uncontrollabiliy is present with attack types and if instant uncontrollability resutls in a self KO most of the time, it might not be so feasible.
My expression is just terrible.
Sorry.
are we allowed to use black standard stadiums?
(Mar. 12, 2021  2:03 AM)eggblader Wrote: are we allowed to use black standard stadiums?

Yes
I wouldn't say it's that close to TA (praise be unto it), the ridge is a bit too thick and rebounds are a serious issue in a lightweight gen like plastics where any attack type hitting hard enough to get over that ridge is likely to have lighter opponents bounce back at it due to the pockets (small ones at that). I'd put it well below BB-10, though it may be better than B09 from what I've seen of that stadium (that one just looks bum for plastics). I'm not a big fan... A legal TA repro would be the dream really, I don't even feel this is that good an accessibility option as it's not cheap, at least not here.
Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with it being used, but my recommended list for plastics would be TA (incl the sonokong triple attack version which is the same and what most of us have), bb-10 and that gimmick BB-10 with the spinny bits removed. Wouldn't have burst standard or this in there, I really dislike this and don't like what I've seen of the former.

It's interesting for burst standard, but generally the small pockets and TR are of a concern for me. I should really grab a b09 to compare as I know that is fairly wall save heavy and reboundy anyhow.

A lot of this assumes rebounds are legalised, but that's an assumption I am working under in general.
What is needed to get a stadium approved for use in WBO tournaments?
This product is widely available in the US and Canada and being able to use it would open up the possibilities of tournament hosting to more people and places within those countries. Which in turn opens up the hobby to more people, and would drive more traffic to this site.

As far as I can see the ups far outweigh the downs on this for the community as a whole.
(Jul. 27, 2021  8:06 PM)Lean\s_Hedgehog Wrote: What is needed to get a stadium approved for use in WBO tournaments?

Testing. And Nothing Else. If you are writing words about it, and not doing actual testing, you are wasting your time.

Here is an example: in Maryland, a few of us have DB Beystadiums. We might run an unranked Burst Standard tournament with DB Beystadiums soon, and do analysis on the results.

Or, those of us with DB Beystadiums might test several combos. That might make a difference too.

Words asking for changes without testing are empty.

EDIT: I tested Jormuntor J2 unbanning a year ago. Do you know how many matchups I tested? Around 27, with 10 launches each. 270 test matches from me, and other people did another 120 test matches. Do you know what's not banned now? Jormuntor J2. If you actually do the testing, you can get parts unbanned.

What would it take to get Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium unbanned for ranked tournament use in Burst Standard? Multiple unranked tournaments.
(Jul. 27, 2021  10:03 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2021  8:06 PM)Lean\s_Hedgehog Wrote: What is needed to get a stadium approved for use in WBO tournaments?

Testing. And Nothing Else. If you are writing words about it, and not doing actual testing, you are wasting your time.

Here is an example: in Maryland, a few of us have DB Beystadiums. We might run an unranked Burst Standard tournament with DB Beystadiums soon, and do analysis on the results.

Or, those of us with DB Beystadiums might test several combos. That might make a difference too.

Words asking for changes without testing are empty.

EDIT: I tested Jormuntor J2 unbanning a year ago. Do you know how many matchups I tested? Around 27, with 10 launches each. 270 test matches from me, and other people did another 120 test matches. Do you know what's not banned now? Jormuntor J2. If you actually do the testing, you can get parts unbanned.

What would it take to get Hasbro Pro Series Beystadium unbanned for ranked tournament use in Burst Standard? Multiple unranked tournaments.

Don't you think you're being a little rude? I mean telling him if he's writing words he's wasting time seems a bit curt if you ask me. For someone who says they're not staff you sure go out of your way to point out what people are doing wrong in almost every single post. Just saying Mr crabs you could be a bit nicer
(Jul. 28, 2021  7:44 PM)LoneStarBlader Wrote: Don't you think you're being a little rude? I mean telling him if he's writing words he's wasting time seems a bit curt if you ask me. For someone who says they're not staff you sure go out of your way to point out what people are doing wrong in almost every single post. Just saying Mr crabs you could be a bit nicer

No, I don't. I'm being honest. I'm being direct. I'm telling him and everyone else exactly what it takes to get a part or accessory permitted for use in WBO events. No one else has been honest or direct to him, so I thought I would at least do him that kindness. Too many people at WBO think "I want" is sufficient reason to change the rules. They are mistaken. I am helping people understand what it takes to change the rules, which is testing, not words.

I am more aware of the actual rules than most because I used to be staff. I don't point it out in every thread, because not every thread is breaking the rules, and because there aren't enough hours in the day.
(Jul. 28, 2021  8:23 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2021  7:44 PM)LoneStarBlader Wrote: Don't you think you're being a little rude? I mean telling him if he's writing words he's wasting time seems a bit curt if you ask me. For someone who says they're not staff you sure go out of your way to point out what people are doing wrong in almost every single post. Just saying Mr crabs you could be a bit nicer

No, I don't. I'm being honest. I'm being direct. I'm telling him and everyone else exactly what it takes to get a part or accessory permitted for use in WBO events. No one else has been honest or direct to him, so I thought I would at least do him that kindness. Too many people at WBO think "I want" is sufficient reason to change the rules. They are mistaken. I am helping people understand what it takes to change the rules, which is testing, not words.

I am more aware of the actual rules than most because I used to be staff. I don't point it out in every thread, because not every thread is breaking the rules, and because there aren't enough hours in the day.

This is exactly my point. Its not what you say its how you say it. In so many posts you have something negative or critical to say. If you're not staff anymore then why concern yourself with it. Let staff do its job and stop constantly checking people on everything. So what if people complain about a part or an energy layer? It's cool and everything making sure people are following the rules but my main deal is just the way you say things just sounds so like stuck-up and pretentious
DeceasedCrab Thank you for the info. I definitely see the value in relevant data to back up the words, but words have their place as well.

LoneStarBlader I took no offense in DC's response. I'm a very direct person myself. Everyone has their own communication style.
(Jul. 28, 2021  9:42 PM)LoneStarBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2021  8:23 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: No, I don't. I'm being honest. I'm being direct. I'm telling him and everyone else exactly what it takes to get a part or accessory permitted for use in WBO events. No one else has been honest or direct to him, so I thought I would at least do him that kindness. Too many people at WBO think "I want" is sufficient reason to change the rules. They are mistaken. I am helping people understand what it takes to change the rules, which is testing, not words.

If you're not staff anymore then why concern yourself with it. 
Well, that's the thing. If DC was gone for a week, it would be a mess. The staff is fine with him doing what he's doing. He means well.
JCE Is correct DC Is just doing this for WBO's sake if I'm being honest like JCE said if DC Left, WBO Would be a huge mess, some people have different ways of communicating that's fine what sounds rude to you may just be his way of communicating