[Hasbro]  Hunter-S Testing and Discussion

After some players assumed that Hunter-S might be superior to Hunter, I decided to do some tests. As attacking bey I chose Xcalius X3, because it is in my opinion still the strongest attack type layer Hasbro has to offer. I chose the combo X3.7M which kjrules17 already used in some of his tests.

Opponents from easy to hard: Satomb S3, Engaard E4, Roktavor R3, Tide Treptune T3, Hercules H4

Stamina / Defense bey first, attack type second. Alternating between banking and angled shoots for attacking bey.

X3.7M.Hn vs. S3.2G.Lp
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. S3.2G.Lp
X3.7M.Hn vs. E4.Ω.Qs-S (with Level chip)
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. E4.Ω.Qs-S (with Level chip)
X3.7M.Hn vs. R3.4C.Fl
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. R3.4C.Fl
X3.7M.Hn vs. T3.8B.E
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. T3.8B.E
X3.7M.Hn vs. H4.13.Et-S (with Level chip)
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. H4.13.Et-S (with Level chip)

Overall Hn vs. Hn-S: 28:21 wins.

Conclusion

Here You see that Hn-S' diameter is twice Hn's diameter. Xtreme's diameter lies in between. I would say Hunter > Xtreme > Hunter-S because of control and stamina. But the comparison with Xtreme still has to be tested.

[Image: IMG-2020-03-20-08-10-34.jpg]
Why did you use stock Beyblades that aren't even good. And also, Hn-S is probably better used on something like L3 and tV3. Bigger layers with stronger attack power. Also X3 is probably better on a stationary setups. But yeah, I'd say Hn-S is a glass cannon with a high risk high reward.
Well, if I compare 2 attack type drivers, then it doesnt matter which bey they are tested against. The results will be the same, considered relatively.

But: H4 is probably the best stock combo, and T3 is excellent too.

Additionally I tested tV3 now. I bought a new one and it performs better than my old worn one.

Same setup as with Xcalius.

First the total weights: X3 46.22 g, tV3 46.19 g, L3 41.81 g. So Xcalius is actually the heaviest.

tV3.7M.Hn vs. T3.8B.E
tV3: 3 BF, 1 OS (40% Win rate)
T3: 2 BF, 4 OS (60% Win rate)
(2 Draws)

tV3.7M.Hn-S vs. T3.8B.E
tV3: 2 BF, 1 KO, 2 OS (50% Win rate)
T3: 5 OS (50% Win rate)

tV3.7M.Hn vs. H4.13.Et-S (with Level chip)
tV3: 1 OS (10% Win rate)
H4: 9 OS (90% Win rate)

tV3.7M.Hn-S vs. H4.13.Et-S (with Level chip)
tV3: 1 OS (10% Win rate)
H4: 9 OS (90% Win rate)

Overall 6:5 wins for Hn-S on tV3 (while on Xcalius it ended up 4:5).

It seems that tV3 is on par with Xcalius X3, and that Hunter is on par with Hunter-S. But there is still much room for further testing.
So at what point the process stucks? I am relatively new to the community. I try to add an article to the wiki but can't find info what I have to do.

How the wiki grew in the past? Was it a one man show and the main contributor stopped working on it?

How can the wiki be revived? Is there any concept? Is the revival wanted at all?
Problems, you still used stock stamina combos to test an attack beyblade. What you need to do is use a good setup to test with. I did some tV3 testing with good setups for both beys and with a good sliding shoot (relatively). I can give you good recommendations for things to test against if you want. And while yes, X3 is heavier than L3, it's way more compact which isn't that good on Hn-S. Also, I personally would say X is way more on the safe side and far as the Hn-S vs X debate is concerned.
Well, if I test attack setups with 2 different attack drivers (Hn, Hn-S) versus stamina/defense beyblades, it does not matter whether those defenders are stock or not. What counts is how the attackers perform in comparison.

I could easily build the best defense combos, because I have literally all competitive Hasbro Parts.

But in this test scenario it simply does not matter. If You compare 2 drivers, all other factors must be identical: disc, layer, frame. And that was given.

Well, it seems the wiki is dead. If You say You tested tV3 with "good setups", write a wiki article draft about tV3 (there is non yet). I wanna see what happens :-)
(Apr. 29, 2020  11:53 AM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Well, if I test attack setups with 2 different attack drivers (Hn, Hn-S) versus stamina/defense beyblades, it does not matter whether those defenders are stock or not. What counts is how the attackers perform in comparison.

I could easily build the best defense combos, because I have literally all competitive Hasbro Parts.

But in this test scenario it simply does not matter. If You compare 2 drivers, all other factors must be identical: disc, layer, frame. And that was given.

Well, it seems the wiki is dead. If You say You tested tV3 with "good setups", write a wiki article draft about tV3 (there is non yet). I wanna see what happens :-)
I does matter if they're stock. Stock beys are usually way less specialized towards an attack or defense setup. Like what would be better: trying to use H4.13.Et-S in a tournament, or H4.00C.At-S? Combos matter and it can be a better benchmark than stock beys.
It is much faster than hunter, and slightly faster than extreme, plus the slingshock mode is a significant height raise if you're willing to lower the stamina even more.
(Mar. 22, 2020  5:27 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: After some players assumed that Hunter-S might be superior to Hunter, I decided to do some tests. As attacking bey I chose Xcalius X3, because it is in my opinion still the strongest attack type layer Hasbro has to offer. I chose the combo X3.7M which kjrules17 already used in some of his tests.

Opponents from easy to hard: Satomb S3, Engaard E4, Roktavor R3, Tide Treptune T3, Hercules H4

Stamina / Defense bey first, attack type second. Alternating between banking and angled shoots for attacking bey.

X3.7M.Hn vs. S3.2G.Lp
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. S3.2G.Lp
X3.7M.Hn vs. E4.Ω.Qs-S (with Level chip)
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. E4.Ω.Qs-S (with Level chip)
X3.7M.Hn vs. R3.4C.Fl
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. R3.4C.Fl
X3.7M.Hn vs. T3.8B.E
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. T3.8B.E
X3.7M.Hn vs. H4.13.Et-S (with Level chip)
X3.7M.Hn-S vs. H4.13.Et-S (with Level chip)

Overall Hn vs. Hn-S: 28:21 wins.

Conclusion

Here You see that Hn-S' diameter is twice Hn's diameter. Xtreme's diameter lies in between. I would say Hunter > Xtreme > Hunter-S because of control and stamina. But the comparison with Xtreme still has to be tested.

[Image: IMG-2020-03-20-08-10-34.jpg]
Doesn't L3 hit harder than X3?
For burst classic since I don’t have good TT attack layers layers I use hasbro stuff for KO attack and hunter-s works better for me than my hasbro xtreme does. It’s height is unpredictable because sometimes it will just switch heights mid-battle similiar to dimension and it’s movement is thrown of a bit because of it. But because it’s taller, and first season/single layer beys aren’t designed to take hits from metal, the metal disc to plastic layer contact with its height causes huge impacts. And just a side-note, hunter-s isn’t the only driver that can use disc to layer contact to its advantage… It is inconsistent though, I’ll say that for sure. But it works for me.