[Hasbro]  Burst Classic Testing and Discussion

(Mar. 07, 2019  11:09 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: No i mean Hasbro D2.

Hasbro D2 isn’t very good though...
(Mar. 07, 2019  11:08 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2019  11:01 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Can you test D2.G.P?

If you mean Dark Deathscyther, I think it’s banned.
Probably doomscisor D2
Here's the first part of the Burst Classic testing I did for the 6 Hasbro Exclusive Dual Layers (Diomedes D2, Hyrus H2, Istros I2, Orpheus O2, Surtr S2, and Tyros T2). I just did a Gravity Orbit mirror match to see how all 6 Layers do against each other.

Just like in previous testing, to find out where each Layer ranked, I gave each Layer a +1 whenever it had a win rate greater than 50% against another Layer, a -1 whenever it had a win rate less than 50% against another Layer, and 0 when both of the Layers' win rates were 50%.

Now, I'll talk about each Layer. The percentage shown is the likelihood of that Layer winning in that matchup. And their record is organized as Wins-Losses-Draws.

Layer Discussions (Click to View)

Next up, I'm going to say which Layer or Layers is the best to use against each Layer.

Best Layer Matchups (Click to View)

Next up, I'll be testing how all 6 of these Layers fare against Attack.
Currently, Jormuntor J2 is banned in Burst Classic. Past testing I had done made the Layer seem like it was really good, but looking back on it, there are things I know now in regards to testing that I didn't know back then, an example being that you should test parts on the same combos to compare between certain parts and decrease the amount of variables. Because of this, I feel like Hasbro J2 was seen as better than it actually was.

In these tests, I had Jormuntor J2 battle the 8 Layers that defeated Forneus F4 (Dranzer Flame, Driger Slash, Kerbeus, Unicrest, Yegdrion, Doomscizor D2, Wyvron W2, and Yegdrion Y2) in a Gravity Orbit mirror match to see how it compared to those Layers as well as if it should still be banned in Burst Classic.

Final Thoughts (Click to View)
This really really well done. Thanks KJ.  And I think results absolutely support another look at J2.
(Aug. 04, 2019  9:53 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Currently, Jormuntor J2 is banned in Burst Classic. Past testing I had done made the Layer seem like it was really good, but looking back on it, there are things I know now in regards to testing that I didn't know back then, an example being that you should test parts on the same combos to compare between certain parts and decrease the amount of variables. Because of this, I feel like Hasbro J2 was seen as better than it actually was.

In these tests, I had Jormuntor J2 battle the 8 Layers that defeated Forneus F4 (Dranzer Flame, Driger Slash, Kerbeus, Unicrest, Yegdrion, Doomscizor D2, Wyvron W2, and Yegdrion Y2) in a Gravity Orbit mirror match to see how it compared to those Layers as well as if it should still be banned in Burst Classic.

Final Thoughts (Click to View)
I can kinda second that. J2 was just kinda immediately banned from claws when it came out and no one really tested it to see if it was truly that OP. And opposed to TT D2, it doesn't really have the stamina to truly be over powered.
I did this post a while back. Can anyone do this pleeeeease?
(Jun. 17, 2019  12:52 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Can one of you guys test out R1.Knuckle.Iron against some classic meta combos of your choice?
suggestions:
U1.gravity.revolve/eternal-s (sliding shoot for R1)
Y1.heavy.yard-s (sliding shoot for R1)
S2.gravity.zephyr (tornado stalling/ straight flat launch for R1)
dragoon (storm or fantom whichever is better; does hasbro even have dragoon fantom?).polish.xtend-s (for some battles weak launch dragoon and tornado stall using R1. Other battles, moderate launch dragoon and sliding shoot for R1).
edit: Thanks in advance to the person who does the tests.
Also, does a heavier disk affect the sliding shoot?
Hey guys, sorry if you need to scroll past this, but I did a bunch of tests on the Hasbro exclusive turbo beys. Personally, I'm currently advocating for the turbo exclusives to be legal in the Beyblade Burst classic format. I think that the first wave of turbo (maybe besides L4 because of left spins) and the turbo exclusives should be allowed in classic. Something I suggest is testing the new turbo exclusives before allowing them in classic like I'm pretty sure some card games do to avoid ruining the balance. If some of them are too strong, that's fine. The vast majority of the turbo exclusives are on par with the classic stuff so just like with L2 and D2, a couple of the Turbo exclusives may be too strong so by all means, you should keep them banned, but don't keep all of them locked up. Its now harder than ever to get strong parts for turbo with the advance of the products, so this just seems like a logical step to help more and more people get into classic. So many kids have turbo now while a lot of kids don't really have viable classic stuff. And I know this breaks the "Classic" motif,  but who cares? In my personal opinion, it should be for beys that are on the same strength level or in the same meta as the dual and single layers. Also, with the inclusion of the dash drivers, I think it's finally time to unban J2. KJ rules has done testing (and I can do testing) that shows it really isn't even as good for burst defense (at least not enough that it should be banned), and the KO defense isn't really there either. Thank you for reading my collage level essay on my side of this debate, but to sum it all up, the turbo exclusives should be allowed in classic and I have the proof and tests right here, enjoy!

Test 1:
O4.K.X VS U.H.U (ties redone, U launched first, O4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
O4 Win rate: 30% (OS: 0, KO: 1, BST: 2)
U1 Win rate: 70% (OS: 2, KO: 1, BST: 4)
Ties: 3

Test 2:
O4.A.W VS U.K.O (ties redone, U launched first, O4 hard launched, 10 battles)
O4 Win rate: 10% (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 1)
U1 Win rate: 90% (OS: 3, KO: 0, BST: 6)
Ties: 0

Test 3:
O4.G.Z VS Y2.H.O (ties redone, U launched first, O4 hard launched, 10 battles)
O4 Win rate: 10% (OS: 0, KO: 1, BST: 0)
Y2 Win rate: 90% (OS: 3, KO: 0, BST: 6)
Ties: 2

Test 1:
T4.H.U VS V2.K.X (ties redone, T4 launched first, V2 tilt launched, 10 battles)
T4 Win rate: 70% (OS: 3, KO: 0, BST: 4)
V2 Win rate: 30% (OS: 2, KO: 1, BST: 0)
Ties: 1

Test 2:
T4.K.O VS R.K.S (ties redone, alternating launches, R hard launched, 10 battles)
T4 Win rate: 80% (OS: 6, KO: 0, BST: 2)
R1 Win rate: 20% (OS: 2, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Test 3:
T4.K.O VS Y.K.O (ties redone, alternating launches, 10 battles)
T4 Win rate: 60% (OS: 4, KO: 0, BST: 2)
Y1 Win rate: 40% (OS: 4, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Test 1:
C4.H.U VS V2.K.X (ties redone, C4 launched first, V2 tilt launched, 10 battles)
C4 Win rate: 0% (OS: 3, KO: 0, BST: 3)
V2 Win rate: 0% (OS: 0, KO: 1, BST: 4)

Test 2:
C4.K.O VS Y.K.O (ties redone, alternating launches, 10 battles)
C4 Win rate: 20% (OS: 2, KO: 0, BST: 0)
Y1 Win rate: 80% (OS: 8, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Test 3:
C4.K.O VS Y.K.O (ties redone, alternating launches, 10 battles)
C4 Win rate: 60% (OS: 0, KO: 1, BST: 5)
Y1 Win rate: 40% (OS: 3, KO: 0, BST: 1)

Test 1:
D4.K.X VS G2.H.O (ties redone, D4 launched first, D4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
D4 Win rate: 30% (OS: 1, KO: 2, BST: 0)
G2 Win rate: 70% (OS: 6, KO: 0, BST: 1)

Test 2:
D4.K.U VS V2.H.O (ties redone, V2 launched first, V2 tilt launched, 10 battles)
D4 Win rate: 60% (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 0)
G2 Win rate: 40% (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Test 3:
D4.K.O VS Y.K.O (ties redone, alternating launches, 10 battles)
D4 Win rate: 50% (OS: 5, KO: 0, BST: 0)
Y1 Win rate: 50% (OS: 5, KO: 0, BST: 0)
Ties: 3

Test 1:
S4.K.X VS G2.H.O (ties redone, S4 launched first, S4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
S4 Win rate: 0% (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 0)
G2 Win rate: 100% (OS: 9, KO: 1, BST: 0)

Test 2:
S4.H.O VS R.H.S (ties redone, alternating launches, 10 battles)
S4 Win rate: 10% (OS: 1, KO: 0, BST: 0)
R1 Win rate: 90% (OS: 8, KO: 0, BST: 1)

Test 3:
S4.H.U VS V2.K.X (ties redone, V2 launched first, V2 tilt launched, 10 battles)
S4 Win rate: 0% (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 0)
V2 Win rate: 100% (OS: 6, KO: 3, BST: 1)

Test 4:
S4.G.Z VS T2.K.O (ties redone, S4 launched first, S4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
S4 Win rate: 50% (OS: 0, KO: 2, BST: 3)
T2 Win rate: 50% (OS: 3, KO: 1, BST: 1)

Test 1:
K4.D.Out VS V2.G.X (ties redone, V2 launched first, V2 tilt launched, 10 battles)
K4 Win rate: 20% (OS: 2, KO: 0, BST: 0)
V2 Win rate: 80% (OS: 0, KO: 3, BST: 5)

Test 2:
K4.K.O VS Y.K.O (ties redone, alternating launches, 10 battles)
K4 Win rate: 0% (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 0)
Y1 Win rate: 100% (OS: 10, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Test 3:
K4.K.U VS V2.K.X (ties redone, V2 launched first, V2 tilt launched, 10 battles)
K4 Win rate: 30% (OS: 3, KO: 0, BST: 0)
V2 Win rate: 70% (OS: 0, KO: 2, BST: 5)

Test 1:
B4.G.Hn-S VS G2.H.U (ties redone, G2 launched first, B4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
B4 Win rate: 10% (OS: 0, KO: 1, BST: 0)
G2 Win rate: 90% (OS: 2, KO: 0, BST: 7)

Test 2:
B4.G.Hn-S VS G2.H.O (ties redone, G2 launched first, B4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
B4 Win rate: 10% (OS: 0, KO: 1, BST: 0)
G2 Win rate: 90% (OS: 4, KO: 0, BST: 5)

Test 3:
B4.G.Ir VS G2.H.O (ties redone, G2 launched first, B4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
B4 Win rate: 60% (OS: 0, KO: 6, BST: 0)
G2 Win rate: 40% (OS: 1, KO: 0, BST: 3)

Test 4:
B4.H.S VS N.G.O (ties redone, alternating launches, B4 hard launched, 10 battles)
B4 Win rate: 70% (OS: 5, KO: 0, BST: 2)
N1 Win rate: 30% (OS: 3, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Test 5:
B4.G.Ir VS N.G.O (ties redone, N launched first, B4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
B4 Win rate: 70% (OS: 0, KO: 1, BST: 6)

Test 6:
B4.G.Ir VS N.G.O (ties redone, N launched first, B4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
B4 Win rate: 70% (OS: 0, KO: 1, BST: 6)

Test 1:
G4.K.Ir VS G2.G.O (ties redone, G2 launched first, G4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
G4 Win rate: 20% (OS: 1, KO: 1, BST: 0)
G2 Win rate: 80% (OS: 6, KO: 0, BST: 2)

Test 2:
G4.H.O VS S2.G.Ir (ties redone, G4 launched first, S4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
G4 Win rate: 40% (OS: 4, KO: 0, BST: 0)
S2 Win rate: 60% (OS: 0, KO: 3, BST: 3)

Test 3:
G4.H.U VS V2.K.X (ties redone, G4 launched first, V2 tilt launched, 10 battles)
G4 Win rate: 70% (OS: 5, KO: 0, BST: 2)
V2 Win rate: 30% (OS: 0, KO: 3, BST: 0)
Ties: 4

Test 4:
G4.H.U VS B4.H.Hn-S (ties redone, G4 launched first, B4 tilt launched, 10 battles)
G4 Win rate: 100% (OS: 4, KO: 0, BST: 6)
B4 Win rate: 0% (OS: 0, KO: 0, BST: 0)

Thanks for reading! I hope someone who can do something about the turbo exclusives not being aloud in classic. I've given the facts, tests, and reasons. So please, this needs to change in my opinion.
(Apr. 11, 2019  4:21 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: Here's the first part of the Burst Classic testing I did for the 6 Hasbro Exclusive Dual Layers (Diomedes D2, Hyrus H2, Istros I2, Orpheus O2, Surtr S2, and Tyros T2). I just did a Gravity Orbit mirror match to see how all 6 Layers do against each other.

Just like in previous testing, to find out where each Layer ranked, I gave each Layer a +1 whenever it had a win rate greater than 50% against another Layer, a -1 whenever it had a win rate less than 50% against another Layer, and 0 when both of the Layers' win rates were 50%.

Now, I'll talk about each Layer. The percentage shown is the likelihood of that Layer winning in that matchup. And their record is organized as Wins-Losses-Draws.

Next up, I'm going to say which Layer or Layers is the best to use against each Layer.

It's Istros' performance that makes me wish Atomic was unbanned.
(Nov. 16, 2019  12:26 AM)Dracieleone Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2019  4:21 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: Here's the first part of the Burst Classic testing I did for the 6 Hasbro Exclusive Dual Layers (Diomedes D2, Hyrus H2, Istros I2, Orpheus O2, Surtr S2, and Tyros T2). I just did a Gravity Orbit mirror match to see how all 6 Layers do against each other.

It's Istros' performance that makes me wish Atomic was unbanned.
Personally, I don't think it would really matter as the power would scale and istros would still be useless.
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:16 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  12:26 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: It's Istros' performance that makes me wish Atomic was unbanned.
Personally, I don't think it would really matter as the power would scale and istros would still be useless.

Yeah, Istros' slopes are terrible. Speaking of burst classic, I recently got a Orpheus O2, and was wondering what combos I should use it for.
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:16 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  12:26 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: It's Istros' performance that makes me wish Atomic was unbanned.

I did about 10 battles with I2.7g.At against R.4.A and Istros only lost twice.
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:22 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:16 AM)bladekid Wrote: Personally, I don't think it would really matter as the power would scale and istros would still be useless.

Yeah, Istros' slopes are terrible. Speaking of burst classic, I recently got a Orpheus O2, and was wondering what combos I should use it for.
O2 is actually really good. I'd recommend it on K/G/H.O/U. Maybe on Z or X if you want to test that out.

(Nov. 16, 2019  1:53 AM)Dracieleone Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:16 AM)bladekid Wrote: Personally, I don't think it would really matter as the power would scale and istros would still be useless.

I did about 10 battles with I2.7g.At against R.4.A and Istros only lost twice.
Not only are those disks banned but R on A isn't good at all.
(Nov. 16, 2019  2:10 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:22 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Yeah, Istros' slopes are terrible. Speaking of burst classic, I recently got a Orpheus O2, and was wondering what combos I should use it for.
O2 is actually really good. I'd recommend it on K/G/H.O/U. Maybe on Z or X if you want to test that out.

(Nov. 16, 2019  1:53 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: I did about 10 battles with I2.7g.At against R.4.A and Istros only lost twice.
Hasbro's R is.
(Nov. 16, 2019  2:14 AM)Dracieleone Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  2:10 AM)bladekid Wrote: O2 is actually really good. I'd recommend it on K/G/H.O/U. Maybe on Z or X if you want to test that out.

Hasbro's R is.
I know, it's just A is awful and even if it was good, R is best on stationary attack combos. But yeah, those disks are still banned.
What is hasbro's best attack combo for classic?
(Nov. 17, 2019  12:32 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: What is hasbro's best attack combo for classic?

Probably something like Valtryek V2 Gravity Xtreme.
(Nov. 17, 2019  2:08 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2019  12:32 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: What is hasbro's best attack combo for classic?

Probably something like Valtryek V2 Gravity Xtreme.
Id personally say Knuckle but that's just my preference. And I'm not sure if V2 is really all the great actually as it's different shape from TT makes it worse at KO but better at burst.
(Nov. 16, 2019  2:18 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  2:14 AM)Dracieleone Wrote: Hasbro's R is.
I know, it's just A is awful and even if it was good, R is best on stationary attack combos. But yeah, those disks are still banned.

What about something like Istros I2 Knuckle Hold as a mobile defense combo?
(Nov. 17, 2019  10:13 PM)Dracieleone Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2019  2:18 AM)bladekid Wrote: I know, it's just A is awful and even if it was good, R is best on stationary attack combos. But yeah, those disks are still banned.

What about something like Istros I2 Knuckle Hold as a mobile defense combo?
That is a hell to the no. Bad stamina and defence.
(Nov. 18, 2019  4:37 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2019  10:13 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: What about something like Istros I2 Knuckle Hold as a mobile defense combo?
That is a hell to the no. Bad stamina and defence.

Istros is a decent defense layer when used with a good free-spinning driver.  Since Atomic is banned, Hold is pretty much the only option.
(Nov. 18, 2019  2:56 PM)Dracieleone Wrote:
(Nov. 18, 2019  4:37 AM)bladekid Wrote: That is a hell to the no. Bad stamina and defence.

Istros is a decent defense layer when used with a good free-spinning driver.  Since Atomic is banned, Hold is pretty much the only option.

You also have Orbit, atomic’s predecessor.