Hasbro Beyblade Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread

(Sep. 01, 2016  3:44 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  2:51 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Definitely don't put your own watermark on an image that isn't yours.

But was the Image Kai-V posted created by the WBO? No.

Good point.
No, because there is a clear difference between official pictures and personal photographs, and also the context of placing a WBO watermark on something instead of a personal watermark. But perhaps you had to be there a decade ago, and throughout that decade, to understand all of that...
Well, it's certainly not the same as watermarking someone else's Instagram photo indeed. lol
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: No, because there is a clear difference between official pictures and personal photographs, and also the context of placing a WBO watermark on something instead of a personal watermark. But perhaps you had to be there a decade ago, and throughout that decade, to understand all of that...

Was the picture made by you? No it wasn't. It may have been discovered by you, but it's NOT property of the WBO. Whether it said Kai-V or WBO, it doesn't matter. I've been part of the Beyblade community for a long time as well, maybe not the WBO, but part of the community as a whole. So you bringing up how long you've been here means nothing, and nobody cares. Take a chill pill, and laugh at Hato's joke. Pretty much everyone else did :3
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:06 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: So you bringing up how long you've been here means nothing, and nobody cares. Take a chill pill, and laugh at Hato's joke. Pretty much everyone else did :3

Not many people been in this community for over 13 years. Feel free to disagree with her, but this is totally uncalled for. Please don't post like this again.
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Not many people been in this community for over 13 years, and there wouldn't even be much of a community for you to be in without Kai-V. Feel free to disagree with her, but this is totally uncalled for. Don't post anything like this again.
I think what she said to Hato, and being rude about the whole situation, was uncalled for. I'm not being mean, only calling her out for blatant issues that everyone thinks is ridiculous. I respect Kai-V, and think what she's done for the WBO community is amazing, but the superiority complex needs to stop. Pointing out that shes respected and been here for a while does not mean that someone else doesn't "understand all of that." Quite a rude and "uncalled for" statement if you ask me.

BTW, I think saying that one member is what built the entire community is a gross over exaggeration. I think that everyone that participated in, and created content for, Beyblade (and more specifically the WBO) as a whole are what built the community. Was Kai-V instrumental? Absolutely. But by giving one person that credit, instead of the community that was here, is here, and will be here, you are saying that their time they put into the site doesn't mean much.

Not really a good thing to say when people love ya' boss.
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:06 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: So you bringing up how long you've been here means nothing, and nobody cares. Take a chill pill, and laugh at Hato's joke. Pretty much everyone else did :3

Not many people been in this community for over 13 years. Feel free to disagree with her, but this is totally uncalled for. Please don't post like this again.

He wasn't bragging about being in the community for years, he's talking about watermarks and all that, about a decade ago was the whole ebaum's world debacle.
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:26 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Not many people been in this community for over 13 years, and there wouldn't even be much of a community for you to be in without Kai-V. Feel free to disagree with her, but this is totally uncalled for. Don't post anything like this again.
I think what she said to Hato, and being rude about the whole situation, was uncalled for. I'm not being mean, only calling her out for blatant issues that everyone thinks is ridiculous. I respect Kai-V, and think what she's done for the WBO community is amazing, but the superiority complex needs to stop. Pointing out that shes respected and been here for a while does not mean that someone else doesn't "understand all of that." Quite a rude and "uncalled for" statement if you ask me.

BTW, I think saying that one member is what built the entire community is a gross over exaggeration. I think that everyone that participated in, and created content for, Beyblade (and more specifically the WBO) as a whole are what built the community. Was Kai-V instrumental? Absolutely. But by giving one person that credit, instead of the community that was here, is here, and will be here, you are saying that their time they put into the site doesn't mean much.

Not really a good thing to say when people love ya' boss.

[Image: tumblr_o0d9gelMm11ujuk5ho1_400.gif]
Oh Hasbro... Hasbro, Hasbro, Hasbro... I hope we can get something of actual value out of this. Hype train derailed as of now. Those stadiums... how? How did you even do that?
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:49 AM)TheVicatorian Wrote: Oh Hasbro... Hasbro, Hasbro, Hasbro... I hope we can get something of actual value out of this. Hype train derailed as of now. Those stadiums... how? How did you even do that?

Did you expect anything else from Hasbro?
I'm not really saying Kai-V is responsible all alone but she's literally been instrumental to the online Beyblade community since Beyblade's first launch. You seem like you want to argue but I am just trying to keep the peace. I don't have a problem with you nor your disagreement on watermarks. I wasn't involved in that post and have no stake in it.

However I don't appreciate you trying to twist what I said so negatively as if to devalue the contributions of others. I hope you don't honestly think that and I don't think I've done anything to say that. I even PM'd you to say I liked your videos lol. I think it's an intentionally negative reading of what I wrote to imply that. The WBO is built on community contributors, and we are community contributors. We're just fans like everyone else.

(However in fairness I edited my post's text because it initially came across more terse than intended. Sorry!)

Also Hato's watermarks weren't a joke and I know this because I spoke to him. So can we maybe move on?
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm not really saying Kai-V is responsible all alone but she's literally been instrumental to the online Beyblade community since Beyblade's first launch. You seem like you want to argue but I am just trying to keep the peace. I don't have a problem with you nor your disagreement on watermarks. I wasn't involved in that post and have no stake in it.

However I really don't appreciate you trying to twist what I said so negatively as if to devalue the contributions of others. I hope you don't honestly think that and I don't think I've done anything to say that. I even PM'd you to say I liked your videos lol. I think it's an intentionally negative reading of what I wrote to imply that.

Also Hato's watermarks weren't a joke and I know this because I spoke to him. So can we maybe move on?
I just went off of what you originally said, before you edited your post to remove the bad parts.
Like the part about "wouldn't even be much of a community for you to be in without Kai-V." and changing "Don't post anything like this again." to "Please don't post like this again." If I may ask, why the change?

All love man, everyone here loves and wants Beyblades, not arguments.
The problem with Kai-V's post is that it's extremely vague, and sounds dismissive and elitist. It's very easily misinterpreted as "I have a reason for doing what you aren't allowed to, but I won't be telling you because you would know it already if you had years of experience like me." Her post fails to address the actual question, and instead makes it appear that she ignores the rules that everyone else is subjected to, is allowed to do this because of her seniority, and flaunts that power over everyone else. That's not actually the case, but at a first glance it looks like a really nasty comment.
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:33 AM)Hypnofist Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

He wasn't bragging about being in the community for years, he's talking about watermarks and all that, about a decade ago was the whole ebaum's world debacle.

I'm just going to quote myself, as people seem to have missed what I said.
lol sorry illunic, I edited my previous post to address that too. I am a habitual post editor!

Anyway it's fair enough, I can see why my reply came across badly. Sorry about that.
I feel like this argument should be settled through pms; this isn't very constructive to the topic. BTW plz don't take this wrong it's not that I'm trying to be nosy but that I keep seeing new posts thinking they're going to have important info but instead see that it's an argument.
EDIT: nvm it was already settled as I posted this
who cares let it rip

I used to think the same until I realized English wasn't Kai-V's first languag as far as I know. Not saying this is the reason for the misinterpretation but it was always my guess lol. I don't know or care. I just don't want to see people with a knife to each others throats.

Good to be back on the forums despite this dispute. At least new releases like this always bring on more discussion, whether its good or not so good.

(Sep. 01, 2016  5:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I am a habitual post editor!

same
I'm kinda laughing to myself about all the irony in this page: http://investor.hasbro.com/releasedetail...eid=954831
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:13 AM)Tri Wrote: who cares let it rip

I used to think the same until I realized English wasn't Kai-V's first languag as far as I know. Not saying this is the reason for the misinterpretation but it was always my guess lol. I don't know or care. I just don't want to see people with a knife to each others throats.

Good to be back on the forums despite this dispute. At least new releases like this always bring on more discussion, whether its good or not so good.

Glad to see you back fam, I hope this site will start to get a lot more traffic. I also hope we can revive a lot of the YouTube scene as well. Despite what Hasbro has done, I'm feeling good about the future of Beyblade.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:53 AM)TheVicatorian Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:13 AM)Tri Wrote: who cares let it rip

Glad to see you back fam, I hope this site will start to get a lot more traffic. I also hope we can revive a lot of the YouTube scene as well. Despite what Hasbro has done, I'm feeling good about the future of Beyblade.
I am too.
I can confirm for you guys that all the qr codes on the beys and stadiums are the same and if i werent in brunei id buy them and post for you! major brownie points await the blader willing to post them all!
Quoting from the image thread since discussion clearly belongs here:

(Aug. 31, 2016  11:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The "Variable" Driver (now Performance Tip) is now TA06. Despite the D01 Disk having a B on it and the TA06 Disk having a V on it. We had seen these part names in the mobile game already, but it's disappointing to see them in the real product line.

Overall, Hasbro seems to be diverging from Takara-Tomy's original concept and branding more than ever. What remains to be seen is how the products themselves hold up.

D01 is obviously "Disk Number 1" and therefore a part collector number, not a part name. We don't yet know what the A in "TA06" stands for but the T is clearly Tip.
(Sep. 01, 2016  11:35 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Quoting from the image thread since discussion clearly belongs here:

(Aug. 31, 2016  11:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The "Variable" Driver (now Performance Tip) is now TA06. Despite the D01 Disk having a B on it and the TA06 Disk having a V on it. We had seen these part names in the mobile game already, but it's disappointing to see them in the real product line.

Overall, Hasbro seems to be diverging from Takara-Tomy's original concept and branding more than ever. What remains to be seen is how the products themselves hold up.

D01 is obviously "Disk Number 1" and therefore a part collector number, not a part name. We don't yet know what the A in "TA06" stands for but the T is clearly Tip.

Probably, in a code language or whatever, "Tip Attack 06" since we have TD0# and TB0#... What a sad name system for the cool Variable and Boost and... Ah well...
Well, Hasbro did rename Cancer and Killer to Gasher and Evil repectively when they first released MFB to be sensitive to western audiences, so their dismissal of Takara-Tomy's entire three-letter naming system was likely their solution to preventing questionable letter combinations from being created with their toys.
(Sep. 01, 2016  11:35 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Quoting from the image thread since discussion clearly belongs here:

The A stands for attack.

What's the difference between a "collector number" and a "part name" in this instance? That's what the part is named now. Nobody will know to refer to it otherwise.

Angry Face Wrote:Well, Hasbro did rename Cancer and Killer to Gasher and Evil repectively when they first released MFB to be sensitive to western audiences, so their dismissal of Takara-Tomy's entire three-letter naming system was likely their solution to preventing questionable letter combinations from being created with their toys.

Haha, this is the most plausible explanation I've heard so far.