Hasbro Beyblade Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread

Umm, a question.. If anyone has bought Wonder Valtryek and has noticed it..
Is the Hasbro disc 12 better than TT's 12?
And taking of the metal was a big no no..
Just takes away the theme of this season doesn't it?
But it might be because of a lot of reasons.
Maybe they feared that kids might get hurt because of the metal?
Though I love their original idea of the Sling shocks.
But it's kinda mixed feelings..
They got halfway for me.. They took away the metal but brought in a driver gimmick.
This might even balance the Hasbro only meta.. These beyblades could be used as a counter...
So yeah, Half way for me!

The best Turbo bey so far
Agreed! It’s a really solid Beyblade and can compete with some of the best from the SwitchStrike series.
Not trying to be a "Negative Norman" or anything, but I want to share my thoughts on Forneus F4 0 Yard.

The reason is because it's different than the other 3 Beys in its wave. It's the best stock out of all 4.

Why? Because it has 0, one of the best Discs in the game in its stock combo. Even if Forneus F4 has bad slopes (not 100% sure how they are atm), 0 can compensate. And, if Hasbro Yard has a decent to great spring, that helps too. All 3 of the other Beys in the Wave 1 SlingShock Starters have light Discs, so in addition to having a Layer with its main gimmick (the metal) removed, having a lighter disc would cause it to get bullied by a lot of things.

Because F4 has 0, it has a better shot at standing up against its opponents, even certain Cho-Z stuff. But if you replaced 0 with something like 11 or 12, the results could be different (depends on F4's slopes and what driver you're using as well).

Now, let me give you a few other reasons why F4 was shown beating other opponents in Zankye's F4 unboxing (props to you for showing it in action though).

1. The stadium is one big oof. Because of its design, anything aggressive (regardless of brand) will drain its stamina in the "rails" (more like a little path to me). F4 has Yard, so if the other Bey is wasting its Stamina while F4 is chilling in the circle area, who do you think has a higher chance of winning haha?
2. Certain combos that lost to F4 were either not so great combos to begin with (like bX on Sw), it came down to lucky hits, or the bump in the middle caused them to get destabilized and lose Stamina bc they couldn't take the middle properly like they would in a normal stadium like a B-09 or B-33.

Overall, once we see some matches in a B-09/B-33, it'd be really helpful in telling us how these new Layers and Drivers perform (don't worry, ya boi will be all over that once I get my hands on Turbo). 

Again though, I still appreciate the vids Zankye did bc it at least showcased the new stuff to an extent, so that's something to be thankful for until more people get Turbo.
I think Forneus F4 also beat stock Emperor Forneus is because Forneus is more recoil heavy on top, and since the Hasbro one is taller, it probably hits the top of the TT one and destabilizes it. The Hasbro Yard driver also has a ridge so it has better balance. I think one feat that is noteworthy is Forneus bursting Buster Xcalibur, which I did not expect.

I think I gotta agree with KJ here, but more testing will show us how it actually holds up. I am at least glad they have made a competently performing beyblade though, that's cool.
(Oct. 26, 2018  3:15 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I think one feat that is noteworthy is Forneus bursting Buster Xcalibur, which I did not expect.
Yeah, it wasn't something I didn't expect either as well. At first, I thought it was just for hype in the pic on his Community Tab. But again, as I said in the post above, bX on Sw is oofworthy. I don't know for sure how his are, but if Zankye's bX or Sw were bad, the bX combo was kinda setting itself up to fail. Also, 0 on F4 comes into play here, that's probably one of the main reasons why it could tank attacks from bX (I say probably bc I don't know how F4's slopes are). But if you did bX or even wV on X or X', the results could be different, you know?
(Oct. 26, 2018  3:12 AM)Jman jman Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2018  3:10 AM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: I just bought luinor l4 and it is bad

Okay. Can you try it against F3.
I don't have f3 sorry

Luinor l4 is s really bad it can burst easily and it looks cheap
(Oct. 26, 2018  3:47 PM)abidjkhan7 Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2018  3:12 AM)Jman jman Wrote: Okay. Can you try it against F3.
I don't have f3 sorry

Luinor l4 is s really bad it can burst easily  and it looks cheap

What about legend spryzen.
(Oct. 26, 2018  4:07 PM)Jman jman Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2018  3:47 PM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: I don't have f3 sorry

Luinor l4 is s really bad it can burst easily  and it looks cheap

What about legend spryzen.

Imagine Luinor L4 being so weak it can’t even beat my Legend Spryzen S3 7 Merge on Left Spin. Luinor L2 Burst Spryzen way too easily.
(Oct. 26, 2018  3:15 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I think Forneus F4 also beat stock Emperor Forneus is because Forneus is more recoil heavy on top, and since the Hasbro one is taller, it probably hits the top of the TT one and destabilizes it. The Hasbro Yard driver also has a ridge so it has better balance. I think one feat that is noteworthy is Forneus bursting Buster Xcalibur, which I did not expect.

I think I gotta agree with KJ here, but more testing will show us how it actually holds up. I am at least glad they have made a competently performing beyblade though, that's cool.

We just finished the session of unboxings and getting caught up on prev releases on videos but yes the factors for F4 being good so far was the stadium helping it to an extent and of course the stock being good. As well the bX that we have is pretty good just the stock really isn't all that good IMO so I'll usually say "oh well the stock for that isn't really all that good so-" Only for those videos going over it, we use the Slingshock Stadium since the beyblades have their gimmick revolve around the Blue Stadium. On our own custom stadium, they actually performed a bit better since it has less walls and more for the bey to spin around in but I digress.

We're planning on all 4 of the Beyblades going over against All Evolution(SST, Etc...) and Cho-Z. 

For those matches in particular, we're gonna be using the standard TT Stadium we always use just it having the cover on it but still should be just as effective. 

My own personal scale for all the beyblades go 

1.Forneus F4
2. Luinor L4
3. Valtryek V4
4. Achilles A4 

Really sad to see how weak zA is, but I'm keeping an eye on peoples comments and response to these beys to see what video of battles they wanna see first.
@[originalzankye], cool, I'll look forward to that video then. It would be very interesting to see them pit against Switchstrike, and your stadium would help attack types move around more.

I suppose the use of the blue Switchstrike stadium was to show the new slingshock gimmick after all.

Are you planning on doing battles on your custom stadium also?
(Oct. 26, 2018  6:18 PM)Jinbee Wrote: @[originalzankye], cool, I'll look forward to that video then. It would be very interesting to see them pit against Switchstrike, and your stadium would help attack types move around more.

I suppose the use of the blue Switchstrike stadium was to show the new slingshock gimmick after all.

Are you planning on doing battles on your custom stadium also?

Yes! We're gonna be using mostly the basic TT stadium but also trying it out on our custom stadium to see any good results. We should have most of the battles that I said done throughout the upcoming week.
(Oct. 26, 2018  5:43 AM)Shindog Wrote: Not defending Hasbro at all.  I believe they are making a huge mistake.  And I don’t think the non-precious metal they use on beys is a huge expensive tbh.  But let’s not forget TT gets a say in what Hasbro does.  Hasbro is licensing from TT.  And TT will protect their IP just like any other company will.  TT is ok with this...but why?  Also, the more money Hasbro makes the more TT makes....  Lets not forget that is how licensing works.  If you license Batman from DC and put him on lunch boxes, DC will get something for each lunch box you sell.

I won't claim to know anything about the conversations that happen between TT and Hasbro, but you are right that they are connected closely when developing new products.

And obviously, looking at things historically, Hasbro has always taken this sort of slant towards their marketing for the product. So it's not surprising in any way. They've always pursued gimmicks and side-series, probably because there's something about their market research that tells them it will be more profitable for the markets they serve. During the previous generation there was talk from stakeholders (Corus Entertainment, Hasbro, etc) in the Beyblade brand that they wanted to make it "evergreen" through continued innovation. They've clearly continued on this path with the assortment of different ideas they've brought to the table over the past few years. How successful each of those were is another question, but Hasbro has definitely been keeping true to their word.

Of course the vast majority of people on the WBO would be unhappy with what they've done here or with a lot of their "innovative" ideas, but it's important to remember that we don't represent a huge portion of the actual market. We're the hardcore fans who want Beyblade to be a competitive game. And there's definitely value there that Hasbro isn't taking serious enough. But it's also OK for it to be a fun toy too, and we can't forget that.

So, I'm actually fine with them doing things like this as long as they also release the original versions of the Cho-Z Layers down the road like they did with Hyperblades during the previous generation. And it's been mentioned already, but an unintentional consequence of this (just like Hasbro with their lighter Metal Fury Wheels during the previous generation) is that opens up new possibilities for a Burst Limited Format in the future, which is exciting.
Yo @[Kei], bc of Hasbro basically releasing Metal Fury 2.0, I want a "Hyperblades Burst" so bad. It would be amazing to test Cho-Z as it was intended to be, but with slopes. But yeah, I'm looking forward to Burst Limited, especially since if some of y'all aren't careful, you might get your chin checked by older Hasbro releases haha. I kid, I kid, but at the same time, it could happen my guy. The only issue I see with a possible "Hyperblades Burst" is if Hasbro will even release it at all, as there's still some uncertainty if I'm not mistaken for what comes after Cho-Z/Turbo and if it's a new Burst series or not. But we'll see I guess.
Mmm, can't wait for Beyblade Burst Turbo Hyperblades.
(Oct. 26, 2018  8:10 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2018  5:43 AM)Shindog Wrote:

Of course the vast majority of people on the WBO would be unhappy with what they've done here or with a lot of their "innovative" ideas, but it's important to remember that we don't represent a huge portion of the actual market. We're the hardcore fans who want Beyblade to be a competitive game. And there's definitely value there that Hasbro isn't taking serious enough. But it's also OK for it to be a fun toy too, and we can't forget that.

So, I'm actually fine with them doing things like this as long as they also release the original versions of the Cho-Z Layers down the road like they did with Hyperblades during the previous generation. And it's been mentioned already, but an unintentional consequence of this (just like Hasbro with their lighter Metal Fury Wheels during the previous generation) is that opens up new possibilities for a Burst Limited Format in the future, which is exciting.

Seeing as I'm not in the competitive scene and can get TT imports, I can't say that I'm angry over Turbo, I'm not even sure if these will hit the shelves of the UK. I still find the decisions really odd and I would've preferred they had the actual Cho Z experience for Hasbro exclusive players.

However in terms of being a fun toy with fun gimmicks, yeah I can get that, I'm usually always about fun with battles and collecting these, and Cho Z can either be fun for some or boring for others. Turbo looks like it could be fun, but I don't have them yet so it's really just based on videos I saw. Plus, the SS drivers are weird, but they're new and the fact they're unique functional drivers which are close to the size of actual drivers and not some bulky nonsense, I applaud them for that. Though I will ask, why not have their gimmicky beyblades while also giving them metal?

Collectors wise, I suppose some of them do look somewhat authentic, in fact show accuracy is important as that's where many get these beyblades for, the show itself. Achilles A4 and Valtryek V4 are recoloured but they come more show accurate in the set anyway so not too big of a deal. The lack of metal is the main thing that may kill that authentic Cho Z feel though.

Overall though, I'm not one of those people who'll hate Turbo just because it's not beneficial for the competitive scene as I'm more of a collector and someone who likes fun and gimmicky stuff, even if it deviates from the actual path. Anyone should be allowed to like or dislike Turbo if they want because they may see what others don't, after all some are about the competitive scene and some might want a fun gimmicky toy. Just to note, this is just my thoughts assuming we aren't getting the "Hyperblade" treatment. If we are, awesome! Then no doubt would people be more forgiving.
As Kei correctly pointed out. If you are reading this on WBO you may not representative of Hasbro’s focus group on the turbo release. These are toys that they hope to sell to the masses and not just the hardcore. My biggest surpruse is the price reduction coming with Turbo. Had they kept the price the same, could they have done the metal? Or Slingshock just can’t work with heavy beys? Does Slingshock look fun? If anything I feel the beys hit each other less. They just go in circles or get stuck on the rail and burn stamina....

It’s not every day you see a price reduction. I am very interested in how the current Turbo strategy came about. Dropping the price must be from market research. They are not in the business of charging less just to give back to the fans.... And if I remember correctly Hasbro recently missed Wall Street expectations.

I collect both Hasbro and TT. I essentially only play with TT when playing competitively. I am pretty sure I will continue to buy both side...begrudgingly. This move by Hasbro almost made me and my son quit buying Hasbro. It’s a good business decision to sell to the masses; however it can be detrimental to a business to lose their hardcore base while chasing the masses. The hardcore comes back time after time, the casual move on.
(Oct. 26, 2018  9:46 PM)Shindog Wrote: As Kei correctly pointed out. If you are reading this on WBO you may not representative of Hasbro’s focus group on the turbo release. These are toys that they hope to sell to the masses and not just the hardcore. My biggest surpruse is the price reduction coming with Turbo. Had they kept the price the same, could they have done the metal? Or Slingshock just can’t work with heavy beys? Does Slingshock look fun? If anything I feel the beys hit each other less. They just go in circles or get stuck on the rail and burn stamina....

It’s not every day you see a price reduction. I am very interested in how the current Turbo strategy came about. Dropping the price must be from market research. They are not in the business of charging less just to give back to the fans.... And if I remember correctly Hasbro recently missed Wall Street expectations.

I collect both Hasbro and TT. I essentially only play with TT when playing competitively. I am pretty sure I will continue to buy both side...begrudgingly. This move by Hasbro almost made me and my son quit buying Hasbro. It’s a good business decision to sell to the masses; however it can be detrimental to a business to lose their hardcore base while chasing the masses. The hardcore comes back time after time, the casual move on.

I suggest to not get the Slingshock stadium, just because it looked poorly designed for Slingshock to begin with. Instead, wait for the Rail Rush set. The stadium in that set looks to be well designed for the Slingshock gimmick. It'll be more fun on their than what Hasbro has out right now.
To be honest, the stadium was really badly designed. Secondly, why are they even doing this little ‘rail rush’ gimmick anyways? Just seems like an excuse to save money on producing them to me. You don’t really even need those faster drivers for it anyways, I have this MFB Stadium with a huge ramp and beys always go up it and come down, they could’ve easily just done something like that, or if they were such a huge fan of these faster drivers, just put them in the rail rush set.
Is it me or do I feel like they will figure that the idea of Authentic metallic burst beys needs to be put down, immediately.

Boohoo Hasbro, Boohoo. I can;t believe they even thought of creating the Slingshock gimmick anyways only to realise that plastic Slingshocks are too slow on meta-

You know what, I don’t think Metal Beys are gonna be slow on these Slingshocks at all. They’re just missing because of (past comments I might say out loud) their idea to put metal away because they think it will shred off that extra $5AUD away to make everything cheaper. Because, when they finished production, they realised the production costs are higher than $25AUD, which doesn’t mean they have to remove it relentlessly on every single bey to make it cheaper, why not just sell it to us in $30AUD?

I do know nearly every account has said this but come on, do you really think that Hasbro’s gonna perform a Hyperblades thingy after a massive flop?
(Oct. 26, 2018  8:10 PM)Kei Wrote: Of course the vast majority of people on the WBO would be unhappy with what they've done here or with a lot of their "innovative" ideas, but it's important to remember that we don't represent a huge portion of the actual market. We're the hardcore fans who want Beyblade to be a competitive game. And there's definitely value there that Hasbro isn't taking serious enough. But it's also OK for it to be a fun toy too, and we can't forget that.
that’s a fair point, and i can’t disagree. 

i guess the friction is that TT is attempting to make a mass market toy as well, but they seem to be able to satisfy both novelty and hardcore fans alike.
(Oct. 26, 2018  11:15 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: Is it me or do I feel like they will figure that the idea of Authentic metallic burst beys needs to be put down, immediately.

Boohoo Hasbro, Boohoo. I can;t believe they even thought of creating the Slingshock gimmick anyways only to realise that plastic Slingshocks are too slow on meta-

You know what, I don’t think Metal Beys are gonna be slow on these Slingshocks at all. They’re just missing because of (past comments I might say out loud) their idea to put metal away because they think it will shred off that extra $5AUD away to make everything cheaper. Because, when they finished production, they realised the production costs are higher than $25AUD, which doesn’t mean they have to remove it relentlessly on every single bey to make it cheaper, why not just sell it to us in $30AUD?

I do know nearly every account has said this but come on, do you really think that Hasbro’s gonna perform a Hyperblades thingy after a massive flop?

I sorta agree and sort disagree. $25 au is to expensive for a toy and making it more expensive is just a waste of money to even buy beyblades in Australia.
(Oct. 27, 2018  3:27 PM)originalzankye Wrote:

If you still have those fake cho-z beys, could you test how the turbo beys are with the fake cho-z metal on them, since the turbo has no metal?