Ardmore, PA
Tournament Results
Elwell Field
700 Ardmore Avenue
  Meet by the Picnic Tables by the Tennis Courts
12:00 PM on 10/06/2019
Format
Burst Classic

Selected Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I originally said I wasn’t gonna go but now after thinking real down on how I did last time I did this, I might actually go now
(Oct. 03, 2019  12:31 PM)MrBlade Wrote: I originally said I wasn’t gonna go but now after thinking real down on how I did last time I did this, I might actually go now
Great! Can’t wait to see y’all there!
Will anyone be selling Classic parts at the tournament?
Hmm. 15 entrants. We might actually wind up with 2 group round robin!

EDIT: 16 now. Hmm. One more, 17, and it becomes Swiss. There's really something to be said for both formats. Group Round Robin with 16 would be 2 groups of 8, 7 matches each, and the top 2 in each group going to the finals. Less skill based matchups.

Swiss would be 5 matches, but after round one everyone would face people with similar records within the tournament.

I guess each has their merits. Be prepared for either on the day of!
Sorry, my cousin's birthday is also the tournament day. Sorry, but I hope everyone has a ton a fun!
LOCATION UPDATE: The tournament will still be held in Ardmore but the location will be ELWELL FIELD - 700 Ardmore Avenue, Ardmore PA.
No covered pavilion, I checked on the satellite imagery. Dang Ardmore, what are ya doing changing it 16 hours before the tournament!
Hi everybody I'm ezzcalius from ct I'm back better than ever ??soo excited
(Oct. 06, 2019  12:57 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: LOCATION UPDATE: The tournament will still be held in Ardmore but the location will be ELWELL FIELD - 700 Ardmore Avenue,  Ardmore PA.

Whats with the sudden change? Both Merwood and Paddock unavailable for the tournament?
(Oct. 06, 2019  12:57 AM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: LOCATION UPDATE: The tournament will still be held in Ardmore but the location will be ELWELL FIELD - 700 Ardmore Avenue,  Ardmore PA.
Ok, thanks for letting us know!
I'm here. There doesn't appear to be parking anywhere, had to walk a block. Also no bathrooms? This is going to be a grim day.
(Oct. 06, 2019  3:43 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I'm here. There doesn't appear to be parking anywhere, had to walk a block. Also no bathrooms? This is going to be a grim day.

No parking? So Where did you park so I know where we can leave the car while at the tournament
(Oct. 06, 2019  4:03 PM)MrBlade Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2019  3:43 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I'm here. There doesn't appear to be parking anywhere, had to walk a block. Also no bathrooms? This is going to be a grim day.

No parking? So Where did you park so I know where we can leave the car while at the tournament

On a nearby residential street. The area that looked like a parking lot isn't. It's also 11, where the heck is everyone?
(Oct. 06, 2019  4:08 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2019  4:03 PM)MrBlade Wrote: No parking? So Where did you park so I know where we can leave the car while at the tournament

On a nearby residential street. The area that looked like a parking lot isn't. It's also 11, where the heck is everyone?

Ok thank you, I’m still on my way I should be there in about 15-20 minutes
We’re heading up right now, be there by 11:15.
Hope y'all are having fun, hope to make the next one!
The final results are:
1st: Common Pickle
2nd: Ardmore Bladers
3rd: NatedogPhilly
4th: MrBlade
(Oct. 06, 2019  8:39 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: The final results are:

Congrats everyone!
(Oct. 06, 2019  8:39 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: The final results are:
Do you know when the next classic tournament is going to be?
(Oct. 06, 2019  8:48 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2019  8:39 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: The final results are:
Do you know when the next classic tournament is going to be?

As soon as I get the spreadsheet done. Wink
(Oct. 06, 2019  9:01 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2019  8:48 PM)bladekid Wrote: Do you know when the next classic tournament is going to be?

As soon as I get the spreadsheet done. Wink

Ok. I want to see if I can go.
(Oct. 06, 2019  8:39 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: The final results are:

The top 4 are also the first 4 on the joined avatar boxes. Qincadence, I think not!
DC's Tournament report:

Well, you can't win them all! Or in my case, can't 2nd Place them all. And you know what? Good, I don't want 2nd anymore, anything but that, please.

I went 5 and 5. The DABl combo lost to a fairly mid-grade Hasbro attack type, and I shouldn't be too surprised about that. My Yard-S started performing badly when it got dirty. And the Gravity disk is just leading to busts on Anubion A2, I really need to stick to Knuckle for that, although I did have wins with both. My matches against Natedog and Ardmore were at least close.

Notes about today's tournament:

Once again, a number of today's participants didn't understand Classic format, and brought MFBs, and brought fakes. What else is new? No amount of trying to make this clear to participants is going to help, so we just need to add an hour onto the expected time of a tournament every time Classic is run.

Time management is an art that many bladers and the people driving them have not mastered. I have even linked a guide about how to leave for events on time in my signature, but because it is full of words, it was not read. It's here, if you're wondering. https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-How-to-...ts-on-time
Two bladers showed up right as we were about to begin today. Another one showed up 10 minutes after that and did not get to participate. Please... get yourselves some devices that will tell you the time, and use them.

Keep your hands out of the stadium until at least one of the beys have stopped spinning.

If you are not currently in the middle of a match, stay a decent distance away from the tournament stadiums. Don't sit down or hover next to tournament stadiums. You can watch tournament matches: from a safe and non-interfering distance!

DO NOT SUDDENLY SHOUT THINGS DURING THE COUNTDOWN OR LAUNCH! What the heck.

If you are currently in the middle of a match, PAY ATTENTION TO THE MATCH AND ONLY THE MATCH. Have your conversations some other time. Or talk while the match is going, and not before.

If you are currently judging a match, focus on that. Tell anyone asking you questions that you're busy.

One blader in the round robin left early. Bladers, if you are not communicating to the people driving you that tournaments can take 3 hours or more, and don't have at least a 5 hour time commitment to stay from the tournament start time by people driving you, *don't register for a tournament*. Sometimes they go faster, sometimes they go slower. But if you register and can't stay the whole time, it can be a huge burden on the organizers and other bladers. It's a bad thing to do. Stop it. If the tournament goes starts at noon, and the people driving you won't let you stay until at least 5 (it will very likely end LONG BEFORE THAT), maybe don't go.
Wait... Is this a combination of "October" and "ogre" or "Octa" and "ogre?"
(Oct. 07, 2019  2:10 AM)BlackMirror Wrote: Wait... Is this a combination of "October" and "ogre" or "Octa" and "ogre?"
I think it's "October" and "ogre".