[HMS] :: Competitive Custom List and Public Discussion [Deprecated]

I would say they aren't useful since balance types are different generally. I mean since attack was so good and so was stamina they could be knocked out or outspin most of the time. That's why they weren't useful. Also of parts since there weren't many that worked well for compact types.
Ultra- They may have niche use, and of course, niche use does not make a bey qualify to be a part of the Competitive Combos list. Smile
As for compacts, there were quite a many parts, which IMO, would have perfectly suited compact types. But as th!nk said, these beys were already compact, and getting anything MORE compact would be next to impossible. Smile

The point in every different Beyblade Generation, is to be unique, and extraordinary. In the huge(note the pun- the series saw the release of a lot of beys, and all these beys were quite huge) plastic series, smaller beys, i.e. compacts worked extremely well. Likewise, in MFB and HMS, it was wider parts. I do not know much of HMS, so I can't cite an example from there. But for MFB, the small period of stamina domination by Hell is proof. Smile
Magical ape is really useful for sompacts. Compacts ren't as non-existent in HMS as they are MFB.
That's like the only HMS AR for compacts. It's quite perfect for them. Also never said they were non existent. I said that they're not competitive.
Yeah, I know, just a point I was making Tongue_out. But really, this combo seriously does kill Bearing core:
AR: Magical Ape
WD: Circle wide
RC: Grip Flat Core (ultimate version)
Why not the classic Metal Ape + Rubber Weight Core? It does work well as a same-spin defense and Wolborg killer.

Rubber Weight Core is a rather interesting and useful part altogether IMO (speaking from experience).
Because Grip Flat Core Ultimate Version will do better most of the time?
I can't really speak for GFC UV, but I can assure you that the Metal Ape RWC combo has never lost to Wolborg MS yet, even when I put Circle Upper on it. Only Metal Saucer (substituting for Advance Balancer here) has managed to win, and even then not too often.
Rubber weight core is used in niche combos designed to defeat bearing core combos. But yeah using anything with GFCUV would be much more useful in a tourney.
Yeah, GWC is pretty tall and prone to KOs IIRC. You're almost sure to win against a bearing combo but you could fall prey to an attack type. Personally, I'd go with Metal ape + GFCUV to be safe.

Nice work everyone. This thread has great value, and has now been stickied!

Smile
Yes! Success.

Maybe a mention of Battle Change Core for Defense? It had good weight and all.
Yes!
It's good but nowhere near as good as Jiraya MS. No point in really filling it for the hell of it.Bearing core is the one best choice for defence. Grip sharp core being also fairly good, but not sas good either.
(Jan. 22, 2012  3:22 PM)Poseidon Wrote:
Competitive Heavy Metal System Combos

Attack
Upper Attack
AR: Samurai Upper, Circle Upper, Advance Attacker (Upper Mode)
WD: CWD Defense Ring, Circle Wide, Circle Heavy
RC: Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode), Grip Flat Core, Metal Flat Core, Metal Change Core (?)

Smash Attack
AR: Jiraiya Blade, Slash Upper, Smash Leopard (?)
WD: Circle Wide, CWD God Ring, CWD Defense Ring
RC: Grip Flat Core, Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode)

Defense
AR: Samurai Upper, Circle Upper, Metal Ape (?)
WD: CWD God Ring, CWD Defense Ring, Rubber Weight Core
RC: Bearing Core 2, Battle Change Core

Survival
AR: Advance Eterner, Advance Balancer, Wolf Crusher
WD: CWD Free Survivor, CWD God Ring, Circle Wide
RC: Bearing Core

I reformatted the OP, changed a few grammatical errors, and added a few suggestions (the questions mean it could be for debate) in bold. I really do think that Smash Leopard should be mentioned, at least in the Smash Attack section because it has that deadly combo.

I didn't add this, but CWD Free Crusher can provide high amounts of smash when in conjunction with Battle Change Core. Does this deserve a mention or no?

I also still think that Force Smash should be listed. It may not be prevalent, but it's still very much usable and existent. Knight Crusher, Smash Leopard, Advance Attacker (Force Mode), they all still have their uses. Tornado Change Core is still quite usable there as well.

Rubber Weight Core may only have a semi-flat tip, but it can take smash attack hits like nobody's business. Perhaps a note about that next to it in the Defense list so others won't get confused?

Yes, I understand that Metal Ape is a Compact AR, but it's relatively heavy, can take a hit and definitely deserves a mention on this tier list. Metal Change Core could also be used, and have a mention. Maybe a Balance section then?

And Poseidon, wasn't BCC used successfully in the London HMS tournament? I mean, this is a competitive combos list, so some other parts definitely deserve a mention. Otherwise, we would only list the single best of each part for their respective type.

Grip Sharp had pretty bad balance, and while BC2 is better I do feel that Battle Change still deserves a mention for defense.
About your changes
MCC: It has as much stamina as metal flat core, but more agressive than it. The best thing its for is alternating stratagies.
SL: I own it and it's far to risky. Best sticking to the safe choices.
Metal Ape: Yeah thanks! ll add that, but make a note the other two are better.
RWC: Killed buy SC+MFC
BCC: The tourneys in london, alot of the combos used are em,dicore.I ll check on that one.
Erm, I asked about a lot more than just the changes I made to the OP (should delete the ones you don't want then, I fixed some errors in general as well).

Rubber Weight Core, as I mentioned, could have a note mentioning that it stops Smash Attackers and Survival but is weak against Upper Attackers. SC and MFC will kill it because it's a long-lasting Upper Attacker.

I'm pretty sure Metal Change has more stamina than Metal Flat. Like I mentioned earlier, perhaps a section for balance would be in order?

Smash Leopard, okay. But what about my mention of CWD Free Crusher with a note to be only used with Battle Change Core, or my request for a Force Smash section? As I said, Force Smash isn't as prevalent, but still definitely usable.
Battle change core does not belong in defence. It's useless for defence and the only one who used battle change core was one person and he used it for attack in an uncustomised Samurai Changer. It was only successful due to luck and the fact that no one who goes to London tourneys has any decent HMS apart from Blitz. Um force smash isn't useful... This is the competitive combo list so the fact that it exists means nothing at all. Also Tornado Change Core isn't useful.
Considering this got stickied, you (Poseidon) should really shape it up grammar-wise and make it look good. (Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos-esque)
(Jan. 30, 2012  10:02 PM)Ultra Wrote: Um force smash isn't useful... This is the competitive combo list so the fact that it exists means nothing at all. Also Tornado Change Core isn't useful.

The idea of a combos list is to encompass all types and show which combos of that type are competitive. Force Smash is definitely a type of Attack, and deserves mention.

Also, Battle Change Core was considered due to the super heavy weight. That made it mad difficult to knock out of the stadium in Sharp mode. Sharp mode also had better balance than normal mode-changing sharp tips like FConfused, which is why it was considered for defense.

So yes, I would say that it is a viable alternative.
On the topic of Force Smash, I'm betting Circle Upper+GWC/GFC/GFCUV(left spin) would be good. (also Metal Ape + GFCUV)

I don't see why not considering it can be used.
(Jan. 31, 2012  12:24 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2012  10:02 PM)Ultra Wrote: Um force smash isn't useful... This is the competitive combo list so the fact that it exists means nothing at all. Also Tornado Change Core isn't useful.

The idea of a combos list is to encompass all types and show which combos of that type are competitive. Force Smash is definitely a type of Attack, and deserves mention.

Also, Battle Change Core was considered due to the super heavy weight. That made it mad difficult to knock out of the stadium in Sharp mode. Sharp mode also had better balance than normal mode-changing sharp tips like FConfused, which is why it was considered for defense.

So yes, I would say that it is a viable alternative.

Yes but there are no combos of Force Smash which are competitive... There's a reason no one knows what it is which is cause it sucks. A viable alternative to what exactly?
Im assuming he means the best attack AR's.
Basically, force smash isn't very competative. I vaugely considered not putting defence on at all since, HMS was limited to upper, smash and survival, but thouught better of it. Like I previously said, there's no point in adding to the sake of it.
the metal change core should be on attack combos, since it is more versatile than mtal flat core.
I disagree with that notion. Metal flat core is a proper attack bottom while the other isn't. It may be more versatile but that doesn't help it for attack.
Yo poseidon, capitalise Survival in the OP.

So, from this, I take it Metal Change Core isn't a top-tier part, or at least that it has no use in top-tier customization?