[HMS] :: Competitive Custom List and Public Discussion [Deprecated]

Competitive Heavy Metal System Combos.

Attack

Upper

AR: Samurai Upper, Circle Upper, Advance Attacker (Upper Mode).
WD: CWD Defense Ring, Circle Wide, Circle Heavy.
RC: Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode), Grip Flat Core, Metal Flat core.

Smash

AR: Jiraiya Blade, Slash Upper.
WD: Circle wide, CWD Defence Ring.
RC: Grip Flat Core,Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode).

Defence

AR: Samurai Upper, Circle Upper.
WD: CWD God Ring, CWD Defence Ring.
RC: Bearing Core 2.

Survival

AR: Advance Survivor, Advance Balancer, Wolf Crusher, Circle upper.
WD: CWD Free Survivor, CWD God Ring, Circle Wide, CWD Reverse Defenser.
RC: Bearing Core.
Doesn't Slash Upper classify as a Smash and Upper AR? That's why it was considered good originally.

I blinked for a second when I saw this, good job with it. There are a few grammar errors though, I'll fix it when I get back from NYC tonight.
Yeah, but Slash Upper has to be used for Upper Attack in Right Spin since it looses it's Upper Attack ability in Left:
AR: Slash Upper (Slash Riger MS)
WD: CWD God Ring (Shining God MS)
RC: Metal Flat Core (Advance Striker)

^ Got this off BeyWiki.
No, that I know, I was referring to how Slash Upper should be mentioned in both sections because it provides both.

For Survival, there should be a mention of Advance Eterner next to Advance Balancer (It's not Advance Survivor btw).

Should also mention that Advance Attacker is best in left-spin (maybe, but it can be used in both I guess) and mention force smash with Smash Leopard and Advance Attacker in Force Smash mode.
Force smash wasn't as good as the other two, I don't think it really needs a mension.
Done the others though.
It's kind of funny seeing this posted 1 day after our HMS tournament. Eee But regardless I think this thread will be a big help to people new to HMS competitions!

The one suggestion I would have is to change the formatting slightly as follows:

Attack
Upper
AR: Samurai Upper, Circle Upper, Advance Attacker (Upper Mode)
WD: CWD Defense Ring, Circle Wide, Circle Heavy
RC: Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode), Grip Flat Core, Metal Flat Core

This way all of the information is presented with minimum duplication in an easy-to-read format, in (rough) order of part desirability/preference from left to right.
Yes, but some parts don't work well with others like wolborg's AR for example. If something work's with the same parts, I put the "/" there to represent wither can be used. One I am going to do though is bold all the part's, AR,WD,RC.
Nice job!
Add Knight Crusher for attack (smash). Grip Weight Core should also be listed. It is one of the few parts that can beat Bearing Core, so that ability alone makes it noteworthy.
Genrally, the other options are better, in a tier list it'd properly make 2, maybe one. So I don't real;ly think it needs to be mentioned. Areo Knigh's AR? I honestly have no idea about it, although I always thought of Areo Knight useless, so Ill wait for someone to check over it.
I agree with Aru: that format would be best.
GWC shouldn't really be on the list, really..

We definitely need an Aero Knight article on Beywiki so we can throw away misconceptions.
Yeah, I suppose GWC isn't needed. Knight Crusher definately needs an article too.
Sure.

Why no Advance Eterner AR for Defense? I'm not sure about the testing to back that up but it is only logical..
Also, wouldn't Metal Flat Core belong in an Upper Combination rather than Smash, which needs speed and grip?
It isn't as good as samurai upper, weight and shape wise.
Yeah, changed that, thanks for pointing it out.
Metal flat is really good for upper due to the added spin velocity it gives. What about balance types? Metal Ape, Metal Change, Metal Semi-Flat, Metal Sharp...
(Jan. 22, 2012  8:14 PM)Poseidon Wrote: It isn't as good as samurai upper, weight and shape wise.
Yeah, changed that, thanks for pointing it out.

..What exactly did you change? LOL
Looks the same..?
as of now loooool
(Jan. 22, 2012  8:44 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Might add a compact system, Metal ape + GFC(UM) is a wolborg killer.

Nice. Metal Ape + GWC is another bearing core killer. Just note that both blades must be in the same direction.
What so this is basically saving work for members too lazy to look this stuff up on the wiki? Since I know all of this stuff and all i've ever really done is read the wiki... Why isn't the reverse defence CWD(comes with yellow Dranzer MF) on survival? I know it's rare but that doesn't take away from it's usefulness. Also compacts were basically non existent in the HMS period/system so they really don't need adding since they're not competitive. Another thing is that Jiraiya blade is useful for defence.
Well, it was less that compacts don't exist and more than HMS, a bit like MFB, are all relatively compact, so the concentrated weight that makes compacts so effective in plastics is a far less relevant advantage in the later systems. That said, there are a bunch of mentions of them on the wiki and I no absolutely nothing about HMS so I could be 100% wrong here!

Glad to see someone went and wrote this out, shouldn't be too hard to agree on, what with HMS's relatively limited variation in competitive combos and all.
(Jan. 23, 2012  12:56 AM)th!nk Wrote: Well, it was less that compacts don't exist and more than HMS, a bit like MFB, are all relatively compact, so the concentrated weight that makes compacts so effective in plastics is a far less relevant advantage in the later systems. That said, there are a bunch of mentions of them on the wiki and I no absolutely nothing about HMS so I could be 100% wrong here!

Glad to see someone went and wrote this out, shouldn't be too hard to agree on, what with HMS's relatively limited variation in competitive combos and all.

Your posts are always so well thought out, I highly doubt you're completely wrong Smile . You make a valid point, though. Compacts were extremely effective in plastics because the heavy weight directed in the center (Metal SGs and Small WDs etc.) made them spin a ton faster than the average blade. In HMS, it was harder to achieve this advantage, and even then the advantage was a minor one. I definately wouldn't say they aren't competitive because they are still handy balance types that can be used in a lot of situations and don't require excellent shooting skills to fully utilize their abilities.