[Guide]  How to use Yahoo! Japan Auctions

(Mar. 31, 2017  3:46 PM)BeyderAndy Wrote: I used both zenmarket and mail order japan. here is the pros and cons

mail order japan, they will match your fund, so you don't have to put all your money right away. and you can pay later the full price once you win the auction. but the bidding tools is bugy, they take so long to process your order, and they don't reply to your query right away. But I never lost an item with item, the staff is nice and friendly.

zenmarket, the bidding tool is very good, you can even do snipping bid meaning you can schedule your  bid 5 minutes before the item end.
The only  thing mail order Japan is better than them is the funding. zenmarket needs to be fully funded from you, I asked them if they can bid an item for me and pay it later if I win and they refuse. So I have to move my money, then I did not win the item, so I have to get the money back.
zenmarket reply to your email fast, and they process your order fast.

Pretty much all middleman services for YJA require you to deposit money first. The only one I found where they don't is Buyee. Indeed having to move your money back if you don't win an auction is a real pain and usually takes a week or so.

(Apr. 01, 2017  4:35 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Anyone here had any experience using JPN Depot?

So far it seemed cheapest Service that can help me buy from YJA (and other places).

They seem cheap with 200 yen charges and free japanese shipping (no idea how this is feasible tbh) but the website says they only ship through EMS shipping so that sounds expensive to me,
Whoever wrote this guide should reconsider not recommending RiderProxy anymore. Takes weeks for just one e-mail reply. God knows how she packs the package and sends to the post office from where it goes to the Export office and gets rejected twice. Of course the export office is not her domain, but something just seems fishy how only her packages get rejected whereas Zenmarket can come through. Although I have ordered from Zen only once. The main inconvenience is the mail reply time which has moved from 2-3 days to complete weeks apart. Not to mention the sometimes bad English. For 900 yen per item this is what I get lol. For 300yen Zen market does everything better. That too first time fee is on the house. And there is so much more to the issues with her. I think Zen killed her business and now she is not much bothered about her middleman services.
*Large quote removed*

Question. Forr Buyee, do you need to pay some sort of fee to register or use the account?

(May. 01, 2017  6:56 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Question. Forr Buyee, do you need to pay some sort of fee to register or use the account?

No but when you buy things you will need to pay a fee.
(May. 01, 2017  7:59 PM)Ultra Wrote: No but when you buy things you will need to pay a fee.

Shipping fee?
(May. 01, 2017  8:33 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Shipping fee?

normally the following are fees,

1, international shipping fee to your address
2, local shipping fee from seller to your agent
3, agent commission
4, money transfer fee
(May. 01, 2017  8:47 PM)BeyderAndy Wrote: normally the following are fees,

1, international shipping fee to your address
2, local shipping fee from seller to your agent
3, agent commission
4, money transfer fee

Agent?
(May. 02, 2017  12:03 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Agent?

Middle man fees.

There's also sometimes YJA fees (I think it's 40 yen?). Some services take some fees as well to bid for you
Just a question, I'm planning a trip to japan next year, is it straight forward enough for me to set up a yahoo account and pay with my credit card?
does it have to be a special credit card or just any in general.
also anyone ever opened a japanese account whilst visiting, how easy is it to do?
which one is the best one out of all these websites
(deleted)
Sorry for double post but I had to ask this. What does this exactly means?ギャラクシーゼウスは売れてしまいありません

I got a B-90 from YJA and it was showing gZ as well. I just noticed this. Google Translate says it means "Galaxy Zeus has not been sold"

what does this exactly means? does it mean gZ is not for sale? But I doubt because gZ was in picture
(Jan. 16, 2018  3:17 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Sorry for double post but I had to ask this. What does this exactly means?ギャラクシーゼウスは売れてしまいありません

I got a B-90 from YJA and it was showing gZ as well. I just noticed this. Google Translate says it means "Galaxy Zeus has not been sold"

what does this exactly means? does it mean gZ is not for sale? But I doubt because gZ was in picture

They always do that. When I bought my legend Beyblade set from there a couple of months ago they wrote “legend Beyblade set not for sale”. I think it’s just the translation is not very accurate.
(deleted)
(deleted)
(deleted)
Its risky as well. Sahil Pruthi had to pay 24k INR in 1 month to the customs .. Buying online is not always a good idea.

I myself have payed 17k .. 11k INR for not so large packages . It was a terrible loss for me
(Jan. 18, 2018  4:19 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: Its risky as well. Sahil Pruthi had to pay 24k INR in 1 month to the customs .. Buying online is not always a good idea.

I myself have payed 17k .. 11k INR for not so large packages . It was a terrible loss for me

Agreed, the customs are ridiculous and there's no way to save on them either cos most sites make u pay a similar amount in the name of ''insurance''
Can anyone here help me get a dgmsuv from an auction somewhere
Hey everyone. I’ve been looking at some auctions through zen market. I’m trying to work out if it’s cheaper to buy certain items through them or just through eBay. Is their postage expensive and are you guaranteed to pay import charges? I live in the UK but would appreciate anyone’s experience.
(Jul. 06, 2018  7:54 AM)GrandTempo1987 Wrote: Hey everyone. I’ve been looking at some auctions through zen market. I’m trying to work out if it’s cheaper to buy certain items through them or just through eBay. Is their postage expensive and are you guaranteed to pay import charges? I live in the UK but would appreciate anyone’s experience.

Without knowing the items, it's difficult to say for that part, but I generally find it cheaper to buy through ZenMarket unless it's some of the newer Burst releases. For example, if I wanted to buy Revive Phoenix right now, it'd be cheaper through eBay than the current prices sellers are charging + fees + shipping to me. I've noticed they need a bit of time to come down in price to make it worth not buying from eBay.

ZenMarket does charge the very low 300yen fee per item won/bought, if that factors into making your decision at all. 

You can mark your package whatever price you want to avoid paying import charges (has saved me quite a few times as anything over $20-25CAD is at risk to get hit with customs) and their postage is comparable to other sites, ie you'll pay around 2k yen base price for EMS shipping if you choose it, which is standard.
(Jul. 06, 2018  8:18 PM)sonyat Wrote: You can mark your package whatever price you want to avoid paying import charges (has saved me quite a few times as anything over $20-25CAD is at risk to get hit with customs) and their postage is comparable to other sites, ie you'll pay around 2k yen base price for EMS shipping if you choose it, which is standard.

Ahhh, that’s brilliant news. That’s exactly what I needed to know. Thanks Sonyat