Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced!

Welcome to the WBO Graphics Tournament Sign Up Thread!

Since WBO was re-introduced to the concept of graphics battles recently, the creativity board has suddenly breathed new life. I’m now trying to push the notion of graphics battles to another level of competitiveness and fun with the idea of organizing WBO’s first graphics tournament. This will be an amazing opportunity to develop your skills, while possibly learning a few new tips or tricks. The tournament will span approximately 4 - 7 weeks depending on the amount of participants entering. Please beware before opting to sign up, be conscious of whether you'll be able to make the commitment of sacrificing a small portion of your week for approximately 4 -7 weeks in order to enter a graphic each week. I've personally competed in graphics tournaments in the past, and I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed the experience as it not only allowed me to make new friends but my skill in Photoshop increased drastically.

The opportunity for sign up is currently unavailable.

Participants will be given one week to complete there entries. The first round of the Tournament and voting will commence on the 9th of July and end on the 16th of July. All entries are to be sent only to me unless advised differently. During sign up week I'll be accepting ideas for battles, due to the nature of the Tournament, and in line of keeping the Tournament as fair as possible the theme for each battle will be randomly chosen from the list which is provided during the sign up week. Please list as many themes as you'll like Joyful_3
From the close of sign up, I will randomly allocate participants in groups, with each group consiting of a round robin competition amongst the members.

The Rules:

Tournament Set Up:

- The Tournament is a block round robin competition. There are 22 participants in total.
The 22 participants are divided into 4 blocks. Group A and C consists of six participants, whilst Group B and D will contain five participants which also include a bye round.
- Each victory or draw a participant achieves is worth a set amount of points.
- A victory earns 3 points, draw earns 1 point, and a loss is worth 0 points.
- The participants with the most points in each individual block after the group stage/round robin portion of the tournament has finalized will progress to the finals.
- The finals will consist of the top points scorers of the group stages participating in the semi final. The victors of the semi final will progress to the grand final.
- The persons whom place first in Group A and B will verse each other in the Semi Final. While the participants who place first in Group C and D will verse each other in the Semi Final.
- The Grand Final will consists of the two winners of the Semi Final.
- The individual who wins the grand final will be declared the winner of the Tournament.
- A persons vote percentage through out the Tournament will be recorded for the situation of there being a a tie of points for first place in the group stages.

General Rules:

- Tournament battles consist only of 2 participants.
- Once a poll has been created voting will last 1 week.
- Participants will be given 1 week to complete a sig.
- The winner of a battle is the participant with the most votes.
- The theme for each battle during the group stages will be randomly selected from a list of themes which were accumulated during the sign up week.
- The participants with the most points in the finals will decide the theme. If participants are tied on points, the person with the most amount of votes.
- No animation
- Size is strictly 500x150. Entries which deviate from the size restrictions will be disqualified.
- When a thread is created in order to nullify the effects of group conformity and bias the voting will be blind without any specific mention of the creator of each sig. Each sig will be presented as 'Member A or 1', 'Entrant A or 1', 'Signature A or 1'. This will help ensure an even playing field for each participant as a person’s profile won't influence voting.
- When a thread is created there will be no polling option for voting. Polls can be easily manipulated to assist a competitor. This can include the use of fake accounts or simply voting for yourself using your own account. Only votes which are posted and specifically mention which competitor they'll choose to vote for will be included towards a person’s tally. ie, "I vote for Member A, since there design catches the eye better".
*IMPORTANT MESSAGES FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO CONSISTENTLY SEND LATE ENTRIES*

- For every day an entry is past the deadline a 2 vote penalty will apply.
- If an entry is 4 or more days late, the person with the late entry will forfeit the Round.
- If a person DOES NOT want to incur a 2 vote penalty for a late submission, the participant with the late entry will need to contact ME and ask for an extension.
- The length and whether or not an extension is granted varies on each individual situation. If an extension is granted after a vote penalty has occurred, the voting penalty will be upheld.
- The vote penalty will occur for the persons next battle.
- I will no longer be PM'ing participants for late entries. I'm tired of constantly chasing participants for late entries. You are all old enough to organize and remember commitments.
- All Round 4 entries are to be sent to me by the 30th of July by 12:00AM/0000 HRS Australian Eastern Standard Time.
- Any entry that is submitted after this time will be considered late.
-Any entry which is late less then 1 day will incur a 1 vote penalty

*Please Note*

- Unlike a normal graphic battle where anybody may create a battle thread, the tournament threads will only be created by myself.
- Since I can't create a thread for my own battle, another member will be designated to create the thread.

Group Stages

Tournament Fixtures

The Finals!!

Vote Percentage After Semi Finals:
Group A - NoodooSoup: Vote Percentage - 63.87%
Group B - Omega: Vote Percentage - 66.61%
Group C - Fyuuor: Vote Percentage - 76.63%
Group D - othellog: Vote Percentage – 68.71%

Fixtures for the Final:

3rd and 4th Play Off: NoodooSoup Vs othellog
*othellog chooses theme*
Please post the theme within 2 days.

Grand Final : Omega Vs Fyuuor
Theme - Gambit
Entries due September the 1st

Commentary on the Grand Finalist:

Omega:

Along with Fyuuor, Omega has been an early favourite to reach the Final. He has a unique style which oozes class; due to his distinctive style Omega always pushes his opponent to produce their best work. Whilst being a favourite to win the Tournament, it hasn’t smooth sailing for this participant to reach the Final. In Round 3 Omega suffered a loss to Xyo, due to the severity of the loss it forced Omega to need future results to benefit him in order for him to progress to the Finals. Luckily future results benefited this participant and he managed to top Group B and progress to the Finals. Omega’s Semi Final battle with NoodooSoup will prove to be Omega’s defining moment of the Tournament so far. Omega came from behind to defeat NoodooSoup in the last hours of voting, when Omega did eventually snatch the lead away from NoodooSoup it was the first time he had lead in the battle. Omega held onto his slim lead and won the match by 2 votes, and in the process qualified for the Grand Final in empathic style.

Can Omega take the momentum of victory against NoodooSoup into the Final and defeat Fyuuor for another emphatic win? Or has Omega exhausted too much energy into his Semi Final battle against NoodooSoup, effectively making him fight his Grand Final early?

Omega's Progress to the Final:

Round 1
Callum6939 Vs Omega:
Score: 4 – 26
Vote Percentage: 86.66%

Round 2
Bye

Round 3
Xyo Vs Omega
Score: 23 – 13
Vote Percentage: 36.11%

Round 4
Raijin Vs Omega
Score: Omega Recieved an Automatic Win

Round 5
BeyBladestation Vs Omega
Score: 2 – 21
Vote Percentage: 91.30%

Semi Final 1
NoodooSoup Vs Omega
Score: 20 – 22
Vote Percentage: 52.38%

Overall Vote Percentage: 66.26%

Fyuuor

Along with Omega, Fyuuor was one of the Pre-Tournament favourites to win the competition. He has managed to progress to the Grand Final with the highest vote percentage in the competition. However, even though Fyuuor currently boasts an impressive 76.63%win percentage, that’s not to say that things have gone exactly to plan for the participant. In Round 2 Fyuuor received a shock defeat against Electric by 5 votes, even at this early stage of the competition Fyuuor already needed results to fall his way in order to progress to the Finals. Fyuuor successfully managed to top Group C equal on points but superior on vote percentage, he then went on to defeat the top placed participant of Group D othellog in the Semi Final which allowed him to qualify for the Grand Final.

Will this Pre-Tournament favourite live up to the hype and take the crown, or will he choke once again like he has previously done in Round 2?

Fyuuor's Progress to the Final

Round 1
BeybladerPotter VS Fyuuor
Score: 1 – 32
Vote Percentage: 96.96%

Round 2
Electric Vs Fyuuor
Score: 25 – 19
Vote Percentage: 44.18%

Round 3
DeX Vs Fyuuor
Score: 2 – 27
Vote Percentage: 93.10%

Round 4
AtomicFang Vs Fyuuor
Score: Fyuuor Received an Automatic Win

Round 5
Resistance Vs Fyuuor
Score: 4 – 15
Vote Percentage: 78.94%

Semi Final 2
Fyuuor Vs othellog
Score: 28 – 12
Vote Percentage: 70.00%

Overall Vote Percentage: 76.63%

Information Regarding The Finals[/align]

- Participants in the Semi Final and 3rd and 4th Final, will be given 1 week to create and submit their entry to the designated person within the 1 week deadline.
- Participants in the Grand Final will be given 9 days to complete and submit their entry to the designated person within the 9 day time frame.
- From the moment a participants announces the theme for a battle, the time frame will be set from the day the theme was announced.
- Voting penalties apply for late entries.
- To the winner of the Tournament they will receive a customary userbar indicating that they were the WBO GFX Champion. Plus, most of all they'll receive a massive amount of respect! The participates whom place 2nd and 3rd place, will also receive a customary userbar.
- The themes for the finals will be decided by the participant with the highest 'Vote Percentage'. This will be occur for all Finals battles which include, the Semi Final, 3rd and 4th Play Off and the Grand Final. Participants Vote Percentage from the Group Stage will be carried over to the finals.

Tournament Dates:

Group Allocations and Fixtures: 2nd of July
First Round/Voting Period: 9th of July – 15th of July
Second Round/Voting Period: 16th of July – 22nd of July
Third Round/Voting Period: 23rd of July – 29th of July
Fourth Battle/Voting Period: 30th of July – 5th of August
Fifth Battle/Voting Period: 6th of August – 12th of August

Semi Final: 13th of August
Grand Final: 20th of August

----------------------------------------
Example of The Page Set Up:
Member A VS Member B

Round 1: Theme - Beyblade
Fyuuor VS Yo Mumma!

Member A:
[Image: 97078084.jpg]

Member B:

[Image: 59633194.jpg]

-----------------------------------------

Personally I think this idea has quite a lot of potential, and it's certainly a great way of killing some time during the July holiday period. Those who do chose to enter will have a great time, you have the chance of making new friends, improve your photoshop skills and take pride in your achievements. Good luck everyone!

List of Members Who Have Signed Up:

Omega
Fyuuor
DX
NoodooSoup
Electric
AtomicFang
Ga'Hooleone
Greimatter
Zed
Xyo
Callum6939
Jacksonian
BeyBladestation
BeybladerPotter
Hope
SDamonCronous
Raw
Resistance
Raijin
Blah
Xlr8
Im in! Now how do i sign up?
I'm signing up! Wink
I am pumped for this tournament, I sign up for this tournament.

Wouldn't it be awesome if this tournament was seriously taken, and was given a face for winning it ? It might be too much, I am just suggesting.

Now to look up some tutorials for Photoshop.
(Jun. 24, 2011  3:10 PM)DX Wrote: Im in! Now how do i sign up?

All you have to do is post that you wanna join Joyful_3

(Jun. 24, 2011  3:18 PM)Electric Wrote: Wouldn't it be awesome if this tournament was seriously taken, and was given a face for winning it ? It might be too much, I am just suggesting.

One can only hope, lol.
-------------------------

I've edited the OP to include DX, NoodooSoup and Electric in the participating section Wink

I'm gonna get the ball rolling for suggestions for themes. I'm gonna suggest abstract, freestyle, grunge and comic book characters.
Heck they may use the onyx face for it...

So this have groupings? If yes, then how can we know what group are we in?
At this stage there are no groups, since the sign up hasn't ended. The group stages will be organized on the 2nd of July as the sign up ends on the 1st of July. At this stage I can't say how many groups or how many participants will be in a group as it depends on the amount of participants who sign up during the sign up week.
Im in. Grin
I'm definitely in this, I'll prove myself here!
I'm in , sign me up please ! Time to practice my GIMP Wink.
I'm busy this whole summer. Hmm... how many battles would you have to do to win the whole thing of if there are 12 Competitors?
(Jun. 24, 2011  5:50 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: I'm busy this whole summer. Hmm... how many battles would you have to do to win the whole thing of if there are 12 Competitors?

At this stage I'm thinking of dividing the participants into 2 groups with 6 persons in each. If I choose to divide the contestants into 2 groups, this will allow everybody the chance to have at least 5 battles minimum providing that there are 12 participants. Including the finals, the maximum amount of battles will be 7.

However, I could divide the participants into 4 groups of 3, this will allow the round robin portion of the tournament to conclude a lot faster. This will result in a minimum of 2 battles with a maximum of 4. The problem with this method is that a majority of persons will be tied on points, due to this possibility this will result in a large sum of participants progressing to finals due to the amount of votes their recorded.

I'm leaning towards the first option.
I join for fun, as this is just keen
I might as well join, but I may be unable to get access to what i need on certain days, I am not sure which days these are yet though.
I've added AtomicFang, Ga'Hooleone, Zed, Greimatter, Xyo, Callum6939 and Jacksonian to the list.

(Jun. 24, 2011  11:54 PM)Jacksonian Wrote: I might as well join, but I may be unable to get access to what i need on certain days, I am not sure which days these are yet though.

Here are all the dates that I can give so far, though this depends on the tournament having 12 participants.

End of sign up: 1st of July
Group Allocations and Fixtures: 2nd of July
First Battle Commences: 9th of July
Second Battle Commences: 16th of July
Third Battle Commences: 23rd of July
Fourth Battle Commences: 30th of July
Fifth Battle Commences: 6th of August

Semi Final: 13th of August
Grand Final: 20th of August
I have BSA camp in July, that's why I was worried. I may not be able to do this, but I can certainly try.
Hmm... am I allowed do drop it if needed?

Some days I will be much too off. If I can, just add me!
Your're more than welcomed to drop out for what ever reason. However, if you know prior to signing up that you won't be able make a commitment of creating at least 1 sig from the period of the 2nd of July to the 30th of August (assuming you make the final), than unfortunately it will be best if you don’t enter. By entering every other week, it will only create a dilemma with the fixtures.

However, I might be able to make an exception. If you believe that you would be able participate in the majority of the group stage matches, than I can always disqualify you from the match you can't compete in an allocate an automatic victory to the other competitor. Ideally this should occur only once.

What do you think? I personally think it will be great if you can find the time to be able to compete Joyful_3
(Jun. 25, 2011  4:27 AM)Fyuuor Wrote: Your're more than welcomed to drop out for what ever reason. However, if you know prior to signing up that you won't be able make a commitment of creating at least 1 sig from the period of the 2nd of July to the 30th of August (assuming you make the final), than unfortunately it will be best if you don’t enter. By entering every other week, it will only create a dilemma with the fixtures.
Count me in. I'm ready to bring the heat.
This seems cool, but I'm not so sure I'll enter. I'll think about this...
Hm I could only make it for the 2nd battle. The last battle is the last day of summer camp... If it was moved like 3 days I could do 2 battles. I'd defs be there for semis and final.
Hm....I might as well join.
(Jun. 25, 2011  6:17 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Hm I could only make it for the 2nd battle. The last battle is the last day of summer camp... If it was moved like 3 days I could do 2 battles. I'd defs be there for semis and final.

That's cool if you don't think you'll be able to make the commitment. Should I remove your name from the sign up?