Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced!

Depends. Do you have to be there for all 6 battles? And is it possible to move the last battles date back by 3 days? If the first question is yes, then I guess you can remove my name. If it's no, then I'll stay. And if it's no, the second question is optional to do.
Hey Fyuuor, not sure if you saw my post, but I'm in.
Sign me up bro. This is gonna be super fun GrinDD
Signing up thanks!Smile
(Jun. 25, 2011  4:07 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Depends. Do you have to be there for all 6 battles? And is it possible to move the last battles date back by 3 days? If the first question is yes, then I guess you can remove my name. If it's no, then I'll stay. And if it's no, the second question is optional to do.

As I mentioned to BeyBladestation the maximum amount of matches you should miss should optimally be 1. At the moment I'm aiming for 16 - 20 competitors in total for the entire tournament. If this is achieved I'll be able to create 4 groups with either 4 or 5 participants in each. If I do this I'll be able to cut 1 - 2 weeks from the schedule. Would this revised schedule work for you?

End of sign up: 1st of July
Group Allocations and Fixtures: 2nd of July
First Battle Commences: 9th of July
Second Battle Commences: 16th of July
Last Group Stage match with 16 Participants and 4 in each group: 23rd of July
Last Group Stage match with 20 Participants and 5 in each group: 30th of July

At the moment I think the option more likely to occur is the 16 participants with the last group match on the 23rd of July. If you make it to the finals and there is any trouble with scheduling we can always delay your match for a few days Joyful_3

(Jun. 25, 2011  10:52 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Hey Fyuuor, not sure if you saw my post, but I'm in.

I've added you, BeybladerPotter, ControL_s SouL_, Hope and SDamonCronous to the list Wink

--------------------------------------

Just a note for everybody participating. The theme for each group stage battle is randomly selected. What happens is that we'll make a list of suggested themes during the sign up week, then the suggested themes are randomly selected for each battle. The theme for each battle will be selected 1 week prior to when the sig for that round is due. The purpose of this is to reduce the chance of anyone having an advantage with a particular theme.

If you have any themes that you'd like entered please suggest some now, other wise if there are not enough themes suggested I'll fill the list with my own suggestions of what I think will be appropriate. We need at least 25 - 30 different themes.

I'll post some more theme ideas just to give you an idea of what I mean.
Death Note, X - Men and Transformers.
Sure, I'll join. Pobbably join to get my but whipped but oh well Tongue_out. Theme wise, how about space, video games and anime?
Possible themes:
-Doomsday
-Music
-Peace

I picked these themes not to be specific like "Bleach" that way someone who is unfamiliar with the topic can have an easier time.
I mistook this for a random other thread so whenever I saw it I just ignored it *face palm*

Can I join?
I've added RAW, Resistance and Raijin to the list in the OP.

I've also added NoodooSoup and SDamonCronous suggestions for themes to the list.

Though we still need at least another 15 - 20 theme suggestions.
Let's rock, I'm in
How about Nature and Sky or just the Background itself Grin
How about Nature and Sky or just the Background itself Grin
(Jun. 27, 2011  12:49 PM)Xyo Wrote: How about Nature and Sky or just the Background itself Grin

Added them all to the list Joyful_3

I've also added Izuma Inzori and Xlr8 to the list in the OP. At this stage it looks as if we may be able to get 6 persons in each group, with 4 separate groups.

Since this Tournament already spans longer than a month I've thought that it might be best if there is no Quarter Finals. Instead after the group stage we simply progress to the Semi Finals, with the participants with the most points in each group progressing to the finals.
I've added those ideas to the theme list Xyo Joyful_3

I've also added Izuma Inzori and Xlr8 to the participant list in the OP.
Can't wait to challenge! Good luck, guys!
Alright guys this is the last day for sign up! I'll be closing sign up this time tomorrow. If you would like to compete today is your last opportunity to do so.

Hopefully we can get at least another2 competitors as then we'll be able to have 4 groups with 6 participants in each.

Another thing, everybody please send in more theme suggestions! We need a considerable amount of theme suggestions since there are 22 participants competing at the moment. If there are not enough theme suggestions by competitors, I'll fill the list with suggested themes which I think will be appropriate.

So please, keep posting those theme suggestions.
More themes:

-Classic video games
-Clash between good and evil
-Technology
-Movies
-Animals
-Literature

Too general?
Nope, they're perfect! I'll add them to the list, if you have anymore that'll be great!
Feelings?
Fear
Love and other idea's for a sig?
So....It starts tom? Theme is Beyblade? Hm....Then we'll send it to you?

I'll post the fixtures for the entire Tournament later today, as well as the themes for each Round 1 battle. Participants will be given 1 weeks prior knowledge of the chosen theme for a Round in order to complete their entry before it's due.

In regards to themes I'll fill the list with suggested themes. Please keep in mind, I'm trying not to use the same theme twice, though it's not a certainty that it will happen.

Good luck guys!
I've edited the OP with the entire list of fixtures for this week and the Tournament. The participants of the Tournament have been divided into 4 groups, with two groups comprising of 6 participants while the other two groups consist of 5 persons. Groups B and D which have 5 participants have 1 bye round included for each person. I've also included the theme for each individual battle for Round 1, please keep in mind the theme for each round will only be given out 1 week before that sig is due for a particular round.

*Please take note*
All Round 1 sigs are to be sent to me by the 8th of July. Round 1 threads will be created on the 9th of July by myself only. The only exception to this rule is myself and BeybladerPotter, whom will need to send ours sigs to a designated third party.

For anybody who is willing to help out I need one person to create a thread for my battles. Myself and the participant I'm versing each round will need to send their entry to another member in order to maintain fairness. Any volunteers?