Graphics Tournament: Grand Finalist and 3rd and 4th Play Off Finalist Announced!

(Jul. 03, 2011  7:11 AM)Xlr8 Wrote: well if we use our styles than there is no need to organise a graphic tourney because dex will win because he's the most popular using our styles if allowed will going to make the tourney partial to a competitor and thus the one who should win will loose and the won who don't deserve being the winner will win

...You do realize this is not a popularity contest but a contest to test a person's GFX skill. Just because a person is well known doesn't mean they get an advantage, the winner will be the person who has made the better sig regardless on who it is and there is no person that does or does not deserve to win...
bug hit this thread to i m unable to see any stuff
Popularity is not the key, creativity is. If DeX decides to do such, that is his own matter.'

EDIT: Thank You, Resistance, for explaining more.
Xlr8, There's no point in even arguing with you, when you can't even put a few sentences together properly. Half of your post doesn't even make sense. All I am saying is, being a GFX artist myself I would want my entries to be as good as possible, not a half done job just to keep my identity a secret. Both participants should do their best, and whoever's is better will get the most votes.

And why on earth would DeX have the advantage ? To be completely honest with you, his skills aren't even close to someone like Fyuuor's. If they were battling each other, it would be obvious either way to know who's signature is who's. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, just proving a point.

EDIT: Your post was removed ? Tired
(Jul. 03, 2011  7:43 AM)Omega Wrote: Xlr8, There's no point in even arguing with you, when you can't even put a few sentences together properly. Half of your post doesn't even make sense. All I am saying is, being a GFX artist myself I would want my entries to be as good as possible, not a half done job just to keep my identity a secret. Both participants should do their best, and whoever's is better will get the most votes.

And why on earth would DeX have the advantage ? To be completely honest with you, his skills aren't even close to someone like Fyuuor's. If they were battling each other, it would be obvious either way to know who's signature is who's. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, just proving a point.

EDIT: Your post was removed ? Tired

There's a post glitch and some posts don't show sometimes...
I can see the post though.
Sorry guys I've been a little busy on holidays for my Birthday. I may not be on as much in the following days until the 7th of July, so please don't become overly anxious if I don't respond to a PM as I will get to it in time. Just for the record I will have my entry completed by the 8th of July, it's already half finished Joyful_3

(Jul. 02, 2011  4:25 AM)Resistance Wrote: Also would like to thank Fyuuor for going through all this trouble to organize this tournament and good luck to all competitors! Looking forward to this Tongue_out

Thanks man, it's no trouble at all Joyful_3

(Jul. 03, 2011  12:13 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2011  12:53 PM)ControL_s SouL_ Wrote: Fyuuor I am confused. When you say Technology, what does it mean exactly? Can this include things such as Video Games?

Since I suggested this theme ( Grin ) , I'm going to say like circuit boards, pixels, you know, stuff like that...?

No problem, I'll update the OP with your definition Joyful_3

(Jul. 03, 2011  5:20 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: I'm done. Sending it to Fyuuor right now. Hm....'Gonna get owned. Tongue_out

Sorry I should have mentioned this in a PM. Your supposed to send your entry to Xlr8 and he'll create the thread for us.

(Jul. 02, 2011  9:30 AM)Xlr8 Wrote: @fuyoor a suggestion people should not add any text to the sig because for eg my sig consits of molten metal style with glowing text so people can guess that it's my sig and vote for me another sugg. like sdc sig mostly consits of slanting lines pattern if he added that to his entry people can guess his identity and vote for him that's why text should not be allowed and the users should not use layer patterns that they mostly do in sigs created by them

I'm sorry Xlr8 but I won't be applying a restriction on text types or effects that participants use for their entries. Whilst I understand your concern of entries being completely anonymous, however I feel as though a restriction on texts and effects will confide a participants creative output.

The purpose of the rule is to minimize the amount of influence a person's profile will effect voting. At this current stage I feel as though the ban is effective and doesn't need to be enforced with any other variations to it.
another question if someone don't send his entry before the time then will he be disqualified or loose that match
(Jul. 03, 2011  12:03 PM)Xlr8 Wrote: another question if someone don't send his entry before the time then will he be disqualified or loose that match

Being disqualified and loosing is the same thing basically. And I'm guessing you will probably be disqualifies/loose if you don't send your sig in on time unless there are certain circumstances that are approved by Fyuuor.
(Jul. 03, 2011  12:07 PM)Resistance Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2011  12:03 PM)Xlr8 Wrote: another question if someone don't send his entry before the time then will he be disqualified or loose that match

Being disqualified and loosing is the same thing basically. And I'm guessing you will probably be disqualifies/loose if you don't send your sig in on time unless there are certain circumstances that are approved by Fyuuor.

by disqualify i mean from the tourney and by lose i mean that particular match
(Jul. 03, 2011  12:24 PM)Xlr8 Wrote:

by disqualify i mean from the tourney and by lose i mean that particular match

Oh I see, It would be pretty harsh to be disqualified from the whole tournament for missing out on one round it should just be counted as an automatic loss in my opinion.
So can i include my sprites in it? seeing as their made using pixels Confused
(Jul. 03, 2011  2:37 PM)ControL_s SouL_ Wrote: So can i include my sprites in it? seeing as their made using pixels Confused

Like RAW said, it's your input. If it feels like technology to you, then go ahead.
O.K., quite confused here.

Which battles are starting? Group A's First Battle? Or all of the Groups First Battle?

Thank you for answering that Resistance.

Yes Xlr8 it does depend on the circumstances. Some persons may have a perfectly valid reason while others may have an invalid excuse such as lack of time management. Depending on how late and the reason, I may simply post the thread 1 or 2 days late without any repercussions. However, if a certain participant regularly submits entries several days late with an unreasonable excuse than that particular round will be either forfeit or the participant will be disqualified if it's a recurring problem.

(Jul. 03, 2011  4:38 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: O.K., quite confused here.

Which battles are starting? Group A's First Battle? Or all of the Groups First Battle?

All the battles will be posted at once. Even if I have received both competitors entries early I still won't create the threads until the 9th of July in order to allow competitors the chance to alter their submission. This has occurred several times already.
posted my entry and waiting to see what will happen after the 1st match
I've sent my entry Joyful_3

Just need to wait until the 8th of July till I'll create the battle threads Joyful_3
Sorry, I'm confused again.

You're going to make 10 Threads just for round 1, Fyuuor?
Each battle needs a thread. One more time, which battles should be in process right now? Everyone in each gropu in Round 1?
Yes, a separate thread for each battle. It will make it a lot easier keeping track of votes for each person. It's exactly like the 'Graphics Wars' thread where it's advised to create a separate thread for each individual battle as all the battles between participants are engaging in different themes.

At the moment no battles should be underway. All Round 1 battles will be posted on the 9th of July with entries due on the 8th of July. This includes everyone who has participated and sent me an entry. When voting for Round 1 becomes available, everyone will be working on their Round 2 entry.

If your still confused on anything please don't hesitate to ask.
(Jul. 04, 2011  11:10 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: Yes, a separate thread for each battle. It will make it a lot easier keeping track of votes for each person. It's exactly like the 'Graphics Wars' thread where it's advised to create a separate thread for each individual battle as all the battles between participants are engaging in different themes.

At the moment no battles should be underway. All Round 1 battles will be posted on the 9th of July with entries due on the 8th of July. This includes everyone who has participated and sent me an entry. When voting for Round 1 becomes available, everyone will be working on their Round 2 entry.

If your still confused on anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Are participants allowed to vote on other battles? For example am I allowed to go vote for other peoples entries in mine or other blocks? Or is it up to those not participating to vote?
By all means your more than welcomed to vote in other participants battles, in fact I'd encourage it as it will help promote the Tournament. The only battles you can't vote in are those that your participating in Joyful_3
So does that mean we can vote on others entries but not on ours ? Am I right ?

Off-Topic : I am so anxious for the voting to start Grin.
yo. DeX speaking

OMG the tournament has started? OMG I am going to battle resistance? OMG im at group C?

what a week of absence.... SHOOT!
@Soul_/Zed

Yep, that's correct Joyful_3
(Jul. 05, 2011  11:05 AM)Cyberpegasis99 Wrote: yo. DeX speaking

OMG the tournament has started? OMG I am going to battle resistance? OMG im at group C?

Have you finished and sent your sig in yet or are you still to make it?
(Jul. 05, 2011  11:05 AM)Cyberpegasis99 Wrote: yo. DeX speaking

how can u be dex r u using someone else's account dude