Graphic Battle: Code Lyoko

Yea, I got time. Earlier Than expected. The Challenge:
(Aug. 03, 2011  7:23 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: My Challenge

Theme: Code Lyoko
Due Date: A week after I make the thread.
Animations: No
Other: Before you do this, I advise that you try and capture the theme of Code Lyoko.

Participants:
Taiwo Seigi
Burn Blader
Sparta
Flaming Aries
ToKao (Why'd you change your name?
Let it begin! Do not send entries to me. Send it to Coasters "R" Us
Oh, snap! Almost forgot about this one!

OK, I'll start working on my entry. Prepare to be defeated (As if...)!
i cant i have exams for a few days but good luck and what is code lyoko?
Code lyoko was a show that was on cartoon network and was about a group of kids that would scan themselves into a digital universe, called lyoko, and fight an evil force there which would also do damage in the real world.

I'm looking forward to seeing the entries of this since it was one of my all time favorite shows. Hopefully this and rewatching the four seasons will hold my excitement until Code Lyoko: Evolution comes out next year.
I am going to send it in right now!
Alright, I sent in my entry and am ready to go! Good luck to all!

@Flaming Aries I got your PM, sorry I couldn't respond. You, too!
I'm awaiting signatures from BurnBlader and ToKao (Seriously, Fyurity, why'd you change your name? lol)
Oh Sorry! I sent it to Taiwo Seigi by accident! I'll send it to you now.
Two things...one...people wereanoying me on how to pronounce my name...which isn't hard...and I might be a day or 2 late because my computer is broken...im on my iPod btw
I did not receive an entry from Tokao, and I think the participants had PLENTY of time considering when the challenge was issued. So, here they are:
Entry 1
[Image: Code%252520Lyoko.png]
Entry 2
[Image: odd-2.png]
Entry 3
[Image: code1.jpg]
Entry 4
[Image: failureclentry.png]
There was no size limit, so entry 2 is not bigger, just so no one bothers complaining.
VOTE AWAY!!
I vote for entry 3. I really like the way that the image looks as a whole. The background, the picture of Aelita, the tower, and the text just look great with each other. At first glance, the maker of entry number 4 just seems lazy to me. You can clearly see the white that is still left around William and his sword, plus it just looks like they just plopped the images down on a background. Anyway, I vote for entry 3!
Entry 3. Its the best one.
Number 1 has really bad editing.
Number 2... theres something about it that doesn't blend right
Number 4 has horrible editing and rendering.
Entry 3 is meh choice!
Simple, yet elegant.
Entry 2 is also really good, but it has too much of whatever it is Confused It needs larger spots, I hope you know what I'm talking about lol.
Entry 1 is OK, but nothing special there at all. Just bland really.
Entry 4 is TBH, pretty good. It would have grabbed my vote, had there been less white spots all around William.
Entry 3 would have to be the 'better' one.
The others are simply terrible.
Agreed blah. The editing needed to be way better. So did the backgrounds. 1 and 4 were to plain and bad rendering and 2 does not blend right.
I vote for three the the render fits in perfect in the background
Definitely entry 3. Tongue_out
Once I switch to photoshop I'll be happy to battle with any of you, because, I'll be a n00b again. But you guys are all getting better!!
PS, entry two, do not make the render completely covered by your effects. Put the render as the top layer, copy visible, then paste as a new layer. Now use the smudge tool and set the brush to vine and the spacing to one. Then blend the render with the background.
This is all for gimp. Tongue_out
I assume everyone here is using gimp....
What...I sent mine like 5 times? Anyway I vote 2 because it just fits together very good.

Edit: Just checked drafts...sorry about that...
Double Edit: I can't type on my IPod very well...I meant 3.
I kinda liked Code Lyoko back when it aired. I'll enter!
(Aug. 18, 2011  4:34 AM)JBladerMS Wrote: I kinda liked Code Lyoko back when it aired. I'll enter!

You're a tad bit late...

Lesson learned: NEVER TRUST THE WAND.
Yes, and if you do, use the eraser very precisely, only if your good at it. And beside that it was LQ.
(Aug. 18, 2011  4:35 AM)Sparta Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2011  4:34 AM)JBladerMS Wrote: I kinda liked Code Lyoko back when it aired. I'll enter!

You're a tad bit late...

I meant to say I'll vote XD. I forgot that I came to this thread to VOTE on the best entry, not to make one. Sorry about the dumb post. It's almost 11pm and I should be asleep.
(Aug. 18, 2011  4:35 AM)Sparta Wrote:

You're a tad bit late...

Actually sometimes the wand can be very helpful, Do you remember my L signature? Well, I used the wand on that and the cutting ended great!

Hmm I like both entry 2 and 3 a whole lot. I think that the one with Ailita feels more complete, though. I vote for the Ailita signature. Smile
Criticism:

Entry 1: The creator of that signature always uses the same font style....seriously..why always the pokemon font?The render doesn't match the background or the colour of the font. It's too plain in general.

Entry 2: Effects cover up the render and the text is hard to see. In general it looks like there is too much going on.

Entry 3: The best out of all the entries. In comparison to the others it is quite good, its clean, simple and isn't too clustered. The creator should have added some more effects or made their own background.

Entry 4: Bad cutting, looks like a stock image was used as the background, Renders look weird, text doesn't match.

Overall, Entry 3 wins.