[Grand Rapids, Michigan / USA] Need Bladers for next Tournament

Put me as a mabey with death man, john09, and joelhooker400
Anybody got ideas on indoor locations this winter? List em up and I'll give them a call or visit.
There's this place in comstock called fan fair. Its a nice comic book store but its a little small
Are their any upcoming tournaments close to baton rouge Louisiana
(Dec. 22, 2013  4:58 AM)Dragoonblader12 Wrote: Are their any upcoming tournaments close to baton rouge Louisiana

Uh this is the Grand Rapids, MI thread, why would you expect to find results about tournaments in Balton Rouge here? Try looking in a Louisiana thread.
Hey guys, Chicago is trying to have another tournament around the 20th of January, anyone in for it?
I could host a tournament if wanted. The location would be at my grandma's house in Richland. All I need if I do host a tournament is stadiums and a good time for everyone. Also there would already be some people playing in the tournament
me
joelhooker400
john09
deathman
so we can host a tournament but I want to try the limited format
I think people in MI are getting the wrong idea about hosting and whatnot..
Coach had his tournament at his house because he could not find any other suitable place during the winter to have the tournament at. Another thing is that hosting is not as simple as it may seem, you have to CoHost first usually and then you go through a long series of questions and evaluations that can take a 30+ days to complete. Then when you become a host you have to be able to handle sometimes 15+ excited kids by yourself i'm not trying to discourage anyone from becoming a host, but please keep this in mind.
I talked with a guy from a store in Kalamazoo and just sent them an email with more description and a video of what we do. I think that might be another good region for us, getting some bladers from Northern Indiana to Grand Rapids, Chicago to Detroit if willing for a reasonable drive.
Yes hosting isn't just inviting people over, it takes a lot to be a good host and going to events before you become a host should be mandatory if they are in the area.
Finally something in Kalamazoo it gets boring over here.
Well we did do the Limited format in Chicago, it was fun but nothing super exciting given the fact that we could do another format in the same amount of time. So next tournament I would really like to do another double header but with both standard formats, one Zero-G BBG-4 stadium, one tournament in BB-10 stadium.
We have yet to have a Zero G tournament in Michigan besides the Road to the NA championship last year I believe and I think it's time we get with the times.
It really depends on the date of the tournament for me.
Super Excited Guys!
We got the welcome from Fanfare Sports & Entertainment to do a tournament there!
They are located in Kalamazoo, which is centrally located directly between Detroit and Chicago off of 94, and an hour south of Grand Rapids.
We're looking at Sunday Feb 9th
We need bladers to confirm to this.
This is a big step for the Michigan Beyblade Community so lets get this thing going.
Just a reminder guys, our next tournament is only 1 week away in the area!!!
Blade Breaking into the Zoo! Standard and Limited Formats

If anybody would like to join an email or texting list to be contacted about upcoming tournaments please send me a pm with info. It will only be used by me to let you know when I'm attempting to host a future tournament or when one becomes official in the state of Michigan. And with this you will also have my info please don't spam me as I do check the WBO regularly it can be PM'd to me or posted in the corresponding thread.
So what does everyone want next? Planning a month to a month and a half out.
I could contact the place just east of GR if people want. I'm thinking definitely zero-G and Standard w no limited.
All right, me and Round Shell are maybes
Grand rapids sounds fine. For me its all about distance because my grandma and mom dont like to drive all the way to Detroit, but grand rapids is close enough for us
Well I see Yuko wants to do one on March 30th, so... I'm thinking maybe April 13th. I know it's a little ways away but I'm kind of thinking the weather will be nice enough to do it outside at a park. My schedule and life are making one in early March too hard to put together.
Ok the 13th would be fine because it would be close to my b-day so my mom would want to take me.
(Feb. 11, 2014  9:49 AM)Coach Wrote: So what does everyone want next? Planning a month to a month and a half out.
I could contact the place just east of GR if people want. I'm thinking definitely zero-G and Standard w no limited.

Yeah zero g sounds fun I haven't played in a zero g tournament since my first tournament. im fine with standard. limited sucked for me and I cant use my libra mw anymore because my launcher is just not right with it. Also does anyone have and plastic or hms beys for sale? I couldn't have bought the hms at blade breaking into the zoo because I didn't have money.

EDIT: 300th post Grin

P.S. sorry for double post
Just in case you aren't paying attention. Kei got with many tournament hosts throughout the world and put together a Grand Battle Tournament Qualifier in nearly every region with a strong activity rate.
Quote:The road to the Grand Battle begins! Michigan Bladers, this is your chance to earn paid travel expenses (if necessary) to ANIME NORTH, along with an AN Pass to play in the WBO North American Championship, GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2!!
I'll be hosting ours in downtown Grand Rapids on April 5th.
[Grand Rapids, Michigan, 4-5-14] GBT2 Qualifier Michigan

Along with that, I figured we're Michigan Beybladers and 1 tournament isn't enough. So we will have a Standard and possibly a Zero-G tournament shortly afterwards.
[Grand Rapids, Michigan, 4-5-14]Spring Training

Hope everyone can make it!