Good old-fashioned Spin-Stealers: How they stack up to the current metagame.

(Sep. 03, 2011  9:03 AM)RowDog Wrote: Your only testing against CS so it is obviously going to win by OS if it isn't KOd first. These combos really only work against defence types with low-ish stamina. Try this against some attack types and see what happens.

Equalizers are very close to stamina types so obviously they are going to loose against attack.

Oh and can somebody else test against hell , just want to see if it is only me who gets these results.
But a good bey should be able to win against most beys.
Hm...more tests...

MLD AD145D vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
MLD's win rate: 100% (10 OS, 1Draw)
BK's win rate: 0% (1 Draw)

This result was the one that shocked me most. I never thought it could win.

MF MLD AD145D vs. MF Gravity Perseus D125RF (Left Spin)
MLD's win rate: 10% (1 OS)
GP's win rate: 90% (9 KO's)

Hm...this was already expected. The KO's scored by GP, however, were soft. Like no noise.

MF MLD AD145D vs. MF GP D125RF (Right Spin)
MLD's win rate: 50% (5 OS, 3 Draws)
GP's ": 50% (50% (5 KO's, 3 Draws)

This battle was a little quieter. GP would often stay in the middle after getting hit by the rubber on MLD.

MF MLD AD145D vs. MF Hell Kerbecs BD145RF (Boost Mode)
MLD's win rate: 80% (8 OS, 3 Draws)
HK's "": 20% (2 KO's, 3 Draws)

What I can say about these series of battles is that they're the quietest battles I've ever tested. The KO's were REALLY soft. The rubber was always in contact with either Hell or BD145.

NOTE: MLD WAS WEAK LAUNCHED DURING THE ATTACK TESTS!

(Sep. 03, 2011  11:02 AM)RowDog Wrote: But a good bey should be able to win against most beys.

um not true. You can't expect a stamina type or any low weight combo to win against a decent attack type.
Ah, this thread seems to be great! Quite useful, and its good to see spin steal as a 'domain of its own' instead of an 'added effect'...
The tests are good, and surprising for sure! I would have really liked to help with this, but unfortunately, I don't have a legal stadium, and nor do I have enough beys.
Seems like attack is the main problem with every spin steal combo, probably due to WD; because BBPotter's test using D seems to be better opted for attack... Correct me if I am wrong. Smile
(Sep. 03, 2011  1:22 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Ah, this thread seems to be great! Quite useful, and its good to see spin steal as a 'domain of its own' instead of an 'added effect'...
The tests are good, and surprising for sure! I would have really liked to help with this, but unfortunately, I don't have a legal stadium, and nor do I have enough beys.
Seems like attack is the main problem with every spin steal combo, probably due to WD; because BBPotter's test using D seems to be better opted for attack... Correct me if I am wrong. Smile
The point exactly. And...ahem...New nickname? My gosh. Anyway, I used D for the mere fact I was getting better results. Don't know the real theory behind the my use of D though. After I do all the tests, I'll do more tests with LLD, LDD and SD, WD. Fair enough? I suppose so. I have quite a list of tests to do.
OK! Well, WD isn't great enough to be able to hang around in the stadium. IMO, its pretty easy to KO. It gets easier to KO as the wheels used on it are comparatively lighter than the usual Hell/Earth/Basalt. D, on the other hand is not THAT easy to KO. Its probably more Defense oriented than WD. That's the reason why I think DS is an extremely good tip(for Defense and Stamina), as it combines D and S quite well. But that is purely my opinion. <off topic.
(Sep. 03, 2011  5:32 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Nwolf, you don't need MLD. You can test with LLD, LDD and even pre-HWS system LDrago.

hhhm, now all i need is a TT attack stadium -.-

i have L-drago and LLD
(Sep. 03, 2011  1:38 PM)Nwolf Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2011  5:32 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Nwolf, you don't need MLD. You can test with LLD, LDD and even pre-HWS system LDrago.

i have L-drago and LLD
Actually, if you have the TT Balance, then that is already fine ATM.
(Sep. 03, 2011  1:50 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2011  1:38 PM)Nwolf Wrote:

i have L-drago and LLD
Actually, if you have the TT Balance, then that is already fine ATM.

Really? AFAIK, TT Attack is the only stadium legal for testing... Sorry for going off topic.
Idk about if the Balance Stadium is legal for testing, but the Attack Stadium isn't the only stadium legal for testing. Triple Type Stadium is almost as good as the Attack Stadium.
I'm pretty sure the balance stadium is legal, and I'll add some low height DS/Meteo testing when I get back from my holiday
(Sep. 03, 2011  3:38 PM)SDamonCronous Wrote: I'm pretty sure the balance stadium is legal, and I'll add some low height DS/Meteo testing when I get back from my holiday

MF-H Meteo LDrago 90DS vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
MF-H Meteo LDrago 90DS win rate: 20/20 (20 OS)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS win rate: 0/20

I have a lot of tests stuck in my head so every once in a while I don't need to test, just re-post. Shame I can't actually test for a while.

I know you didn't request, I'm just getting the MLD+DS ball rolling.
Hm...MLD + DS seems good. Adding it to the list of testing..
Can anyone do MLD+PD? I'm curious as to what the results will be. Also, BBpotter, what combos do you specifically want tested? PM me and Ill try to do as many as possible...
Nice, spin stealers can work on almost all opponents, but its dependent on their recoil, as I have difficulties with a MLD 100 WD, against a MF-H Basalt BD145 CS, when the CS is some what aggressive, but if MLD does stay in it is guaranteed a win.

Also thought of MF-L MLD R145 WD, could this work against 230? and maybe low staminas too?

may this be tested... thanks
So what is the current most suitable spin-stealer? I would glady test spin stealer VS spin stealer, as i have 4 MLDs.
MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF probably.. :V
My XF is of 3 months usage, is it still safe to use? My WF is getting faster, as XF can't ride the ridge properly... Anyways, i tried a MLD 145D, it does pretty well... Thks for making this thread, BP!
Obviously if WF is catching up to XF all the time, the XF is definitely lost it's speed.
(Sep. 04, 2011  4:29 PM)Dan Wrote: MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF probably.. :V

This. Without the modest "probably". Nothing compares with this.
Bluezee, I disagree strongly.
Meteo L-Drago BD145EDS.

Meteo L-Drago BD145EDS VS Earth Bull 85WD
Meteo: 20 Wins (20 OS)
Earth: 0 Wins

This was just the first test.
Spinstealer tests with no KO's take ages!
Earth 85WD is not amazing. Try against a top tier stamina combo using Basalt or Scythe.
(Sep. 04, 2011  5:00 PM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: Bluezee, I disagree strongly.
Meteo L-Drago BD145EDS.

Meteo L-Drago BD145EDS VS Earth Bull 85WD
Meteo: 20 Wins (20 OS)
Earth: 0 Wins

This was just the first test.
Spinstealer tests with no KO's take ages!

I tried this already. The only reason it works is because the opposing combo is just grinding its stamina away on the BD145 track. It is not doing its job at spin-stealing as well as it is just grinding at the opposition. Take off that track and watch what happens.
Quick note: LDrago 90WF wasn't really a spin stealer, and IIRC a metal face was used. It was closer to a destabiliser, the spin steal was more an added bonus. It doesn't always lose to Basalt BD145CS IIRC, either (maybe that was with F instead of WF, it's been a while).

(Sep. 04, 2011  5:12 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Earth 85WD is not amazing. Try against a top tier stamina combo using Basalt or Scythe.

Careful with how you define those, Earth can do decently against basalt if basalt is on WD or something along those lines, though to be fair I don't remember the specific heights.