Good old-fashioned Spin-Stealers: How they stack up to the current metagame.

Gravity Test

(Counter Mode/left spin) Gravity Perseus AD145 D VS MF-H Basalt Horogium BD145 CS
Gravity winning rates : 9/10 (outspin)
Basalt Winning rates : 1/10 (K.O.)
basalt went agressive and knock out gravity...lol..i think something wrong goimg on my CS

i tried lightning..iusing Lightning L Drago VS Basalt Horogium BD145 Cs..i got Knock out constantly..
Just my tests.

TT Attack Custom Grip W/ Angle Compass for L-Drago, 3 Segment Launcher Grip, Metal Assist, Grip Suspention.

Basalt Bull 230CS VS Meteo L-Drago CH120D (145 Mode) Meteo launched first.

Basalt B:5/20

Meteo L:15/20

2 Ties

Even my LL I launches are wild, so I`m pretty sure that`s why Basalt got it`s wins.
Here are some of the tests I did and i noticed Metal face made a significant effect on the results.

Basalt Serpent BD145CS Vs Meteo L-Drago R145WD. [Alternate launch]

Basalt Serpent BD145CS Vs MF-H Meteo L-Drago R145WD [Alternate launch]

wow..
(Sep. 04, 2011  5:00 PM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: Bluezee, I disagree strongly.
Meteo L-Drago BD145EDS.

Meteo L-Drago BD145EDS VS Earth Bull 85WD
Meteo: 20 Wins (20 OS)
Earth: 0 Wins

This was just the first test.
Spinstealer tests with no KO's take ages!
Have to agree with bluezee I cant get any good results with this against any
145 stamina tracks , but as you proved this combo does well against LTSC cause they just grind against BD145.

Guys IMHO Spin Equalizers cannot stack up against today's top [i]stamina[/b] combos.
(Sep. 05, 2011  1:43 AM)Benjohadi Wrote: Gravity Test

(Counter Mode/left spin) Gravity Perseus AD145 D VS MF-H Basalt Horogium BD145 CS
Gravity winning rates : 9/10 (outspin)
Basalt Winning rates : 1/10 (K.O.)
basalt went agressive and knock out gravity...lol..i think something wrong goimg on my CS

i tried lightning..iusing Lightning L Drago VS Basalt Horogium BD145 Cs..i got Knock out constantly..

gravity and lightning is using a weak launched. Although both are launched the same way, yet, gravity able to emerge as the winner among both.
Oh wow! Gravity looks good to me!
I know I am late for this, but THANKS A LOT Dan for testing DS out. Bringing the topic of DS into my post in itself was an indirect request, but I was afraid to ask....... Tongue_out
They never dominated or got any use iirc.
They don't steal spin and they aren't good combos.
(Sep. 07, 2011  10:42 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: They never dominated or got any use iirc.

They won some tournaments, and the results are pretty good...
(Sep. 07, 2011  10:49 PM)Mr. N Wrote: They won some tournaments, and the results are pretty good...

Compared to how many tournaments were won with Basalt or Stamina combinations, I do not think that first part is a good arguement ...
I'm gonna go with McFrown on this one.
Spin stealers, theoretically cannot "spin-steal" this is impossible.
Why do I say this?
I say this, because when you have two gears, and they are going at the same speed, no? One does not spin faster, and the other slower, they EQUALIZE. Spin stealers have long been misidentified as these "equalizers". That's why you see so many "spin-steal" combos either almost lose a battle or barely OS the other.
It is very hard to define this is such a short way, but if needed be I can try to explain why this doesn't work. I'll just use this as an example for now.
will do lddds130mf vs scythe aquario gb145mb as soon as i get scythe on saturday Smile
(Sep. 07, 2011  10:49 PM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2011  10:42 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: They never dominated or got any use iirc.

Just from my experiences I have never seen an Equalizer win a match in a tournament situation in Australia.

JCx06 That wouldn't really prove Equalization it would prove attack.
(Sep. 08, 2011  5:59 AM)RustyXD Wrote:
(Sep. 07, 2011  10:49 PM)Mr. N Wrote:

Just from my experiences I have never seen an Equalizer win a match in a tournament situation in Australia.

JCx06 That wouldn't really prove Equalization it would prove attack.
they might not dominate in metagame..but it works against basalt bd145 cs (almost most of them)..i used one in the previous 4306 war tourney..
i'll go with raigeko..it will never spin steal..perhaps absorb saom amount of spin..but the spin/rpm will never surpass the opposing bey..
I'd actually think they'd be somewhat more useful now due to the fact people know about weak launching, to help them survive KO's. To be frank, though, I agree with Mc Frown.
They don't spin steal they equalise. Definitely not the same thing.
(Sep. 08, 2011  11:33 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: They don't spin steal they equalise. Definitely not the same thing.

You need to spin steal to equalise. Sure, it's not the same thing, but that's not to say that spin stealers don't exist.
(Sep. 08, 2011  4:37 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I'm gonna go with McFrown on this one.
Spin stealers, theoretically cannot "spin-steal" this is impossible.
Why do I say this?
I say this, because when you have two gears, and they are going at the same speed, no? One does not spin faster, and the other slower, they EQUALIZE. Spin stealers have long been misidentified as these "equalizers". That's why you see so many "spin-steal" combos either almost lose a battle or barely OS the other.
It is very hard to define this is such a short way, but if needed be I can try to explain why this doesn't work. I'll just use this as an example for now.

Everyone, you need to understand that while it is true that the term "spin equaliser" is more accurate, how do you think a Beyblade launched more weakly than another gets to an equal spin ? By stealing some of the opposing Beyblade's spin. If you leave it be without collisions, it will not magically equalise its spin with the other Beyblade's, it needs to steal spin from somewhere. The result is indeed more of a "spin equaliser" than a "spin stealer", but you cannot claim that they steal no spin.

EDIT : Yo, ♥.
Agree completely. I think that Raigeko meant to say the same thing, but he didn't frame it quite correctly. But as he said, its quite hard to define it in a short way. What Raigeko meant IMO, was-
Spin Stealers do 'spin steal' but they do not end up having an RPM greater than the bey its facing. On weak launching, the bey may steal spin so that it could equal the RPM with the opposing bey, but it may not have an RPM higher than the opposing bey. Usually, spin stealers are depicted as beys which steal spin, and grow stronger than the opposing bey. This theory might have probably come from the anime, which is why people emphasize a lot when it comes to 'spin steal' and 'equalizing'. Yes, what you (Kai-V) said, is completely true. If no contact is made, there's gonna be no 'spin steal'.
Spin steal is a phenomena which perfectly satisfies Newton's Third Law of Motion(IMO)- Every Action has an equal and opposite Reaction.
As you can see, a spin stealer equals its RPM to the other one's RPM. Hence satisfying 'equal reaction'. Spin stealing beys spin in the opposite direction hence satisfying 'opposite reaction'.
Correct me if I am wrong, as I am quite unsure about how I defined an 'opposite reaction' in beyblade terms...
Lightning L Drago Test

Lightning L Drago 145 D VS Basalt BD145 CS
LLD : 3/20 (Very slight O.S)
Basalt : 17/20 (4 K.O. and the rest O.S.)

Lightning L Drago 85 D VS Basalt BD145 CS
LLD : 0/10
Basalt : 10/10 (O.S.)

Lightning L Drago 145 D VS Basalt BD145 RS
LLD : 10/20 (O.S)
Basalt : 10/20 ( 2K.O. and the rest O.S.)

others testing is needed if we got differrent results..
I messed around with my parts and i got a pretty good combo.Ive tested it and its spin stealing capabilities are very good.PM me if you need advice on customs
(Sep. 15, 2011  2:10 AM)ZeoFlameByxis Wrote: I messed around with my parts and i got a pretty good combo.Ive tested it and its spin stealing capabilities are very good.PM me if you need advice on customs

uumm..the you sould post your testing..???i bet many would interested..
Reviving this thread.. (Dont know if it will do any good)..
So, in my two recent tournaments in India, I have seen spin-stealers get placements in the top 3.
First, Meteo L-Drago 100 WD got placed second in the Mumbai event by defeating Diablo Nemesis CH120 HF(due to luck) and then, my Gravity Destroyer combo gave a tough fight to MF-H Duo AD145 WD(outcome not yet decided though). So.. spin-stealers can still play an important role in the meta.
Well, my logic behind spin-stealers is:
1. They must have enough stamina to out-spin the rubber-tipped defense types.
2. They should be able to 'steal' spin well. By this, I mean, they must have a rough surface/rubber(as in Meteo) to spin-steal effectively even at low spin.

Then, next thing is, spin-stealers can dominate only in the dying moments of the battle. And, at this time, the opponent as well as your bey has low RPM. At such time, using a WD helps.. because it has the wobbling effect and helps to balance(IDK if its the right word) the spin-stealer on the tip. And, when that happens, the spin-stealer manages to just out-spin and win against the opposing beyblade. For this purpose, use of lower tracks is better. However, the track shouldn't be so low that the bey's MW scrapes before the bey gets balanced. Then, the spin-stealer must have enough stamina to spin in the dying moments just a little more than the opponent. For this, MF-F or a normal face must be used because MF-H/MF-M drastically reduces the spin time. MF-L works in some cases though. Now, satisfying all these conditions, we can have 105 WD or ED145 WD or in some cases(of wider MWs,) CH120 WD as a good spin-steal track and tip. EWD can also help on lower tracks.

Now, these spin-stealers are very effective against any 145-height based defense custom. Against stamina customs of these days, they dont have enough rotations to outspin them but they can always get a tie. Now, to win against spin-stealers following conditions are required:
1. Use of high tracks like TH170 or 230 (these tracks force smash the spin-stealers and do not provide the surface required for effective spin-steal however, ED145 may do well against them)
2. Use of lower tracks (if the opponent is also able to balance itself on the tip like the spin-stealers, the battle is usually in the opponent's favour or a tie.)
3. Using a proper face-bolt. Once you use MF-H against spin-stealers, your chances of winning are drastically reduced. Spin-stealers should always be faced with an MF-F or a normal face. Otherwise, you are sure to lose.
4. Using an aggressive tip.. even if the tip is slightly aggressive, you can win because spin-stealers can be KOed very easily. Basalt also helps in this case, because the imbalance it creates and its rounded sides mean, no spin-stealer can defeat it easily. Duo, however fails due to the absence of recoil and can be KOed by spin-stealers sometimes.
5. The best tip to use against spin-stealers by far is DS/EDS. It is tough to KO and at the same time it always out-spins the spin-stealers by a small margin. So, using DS means that you win 75% of the time. But, DS isnt as useful on spin-stealers themselves.

In my recent tournament, Gravity 105 WD almost won against MF-H Duo AD145 WD. But we abandoned the match after sometime because we all were hungry and the result was ambiguous except for the first 2-3 rounds. So, it can be called a tie. Also, Gravity Perseus(ATK) 85(?)/100 EWD has been doing well in the UK(IIRC) so spin-stealers can now make a comeback.

EDIT: AD145 doesn't help spin-stealers as much as ED145 does. So ED145>AD145 for spin-stealers
Well, I do not have much to say about the other things you said, but currently, we have MF-H based Stamina combos placing. Also, many people seem to agree in unison to the fact that MFs seemingly do not reduce the spin time whatsoever. Smile
Its still to be proved though, so I am not saying that you are wrong, but yeah!

MFs add much needed Defense to Stamina types. Considering that Defense isn't essentially important when facing spin stealers (unless its the aggressive MLD CH120XF), your theory isn't entirely wrong anyway.
An MF-H doesn't seem to hinder the performance of a Stamina type according to, so if you have a theory other than that of MF-H reducing the spin velocity of the bey, then you may be correct. Smile

Also, we have Uwik's Duo 230MB, which simply destroys things due to its wobbling....

I don't understand how a spin stealer can actually end up KOing a Duo, when a powerful Attacker fails to do it at times. Smile
Moreover, the sentence in which you mention this point, seems a bit contradictory.
You say Basalt is tough to beat because of its rounded sides... Well, Duo is completely round for that matter, you know.
Moreover, it seems to imply that low recoil is seemingly bad. Smile
Also, other than Basalt, Diablo is an even more dangerous threat. Too much of weight, plus the powerful attacks it gets at times...

As for DS being a good tip to use, I'd be very happy if this is proved to be correct! Joyful_3
Interesting post, never realize we have a good old fashioned spin stealers topic.
And more interesting is last night I have upload a video which is a good old fashion spin steal bey vs the duo 230MB

It's seem 230MB/CS stand no chance against Left spin bey according to my test.
I am glad to see my theory on EWD and ED145 is being applied to the real world. In essence, the parts can be used to enhance, as well as negate, spin stealing combos. It is all situational. That said, using parts from the Eternal series in same spin battles is utterly pointless, and hinders performance of the bey using the eternal part.