Going Away/Coming Back Topic

(Jun. 13, 2012  8:46 AM)Chups Wrote: well, this is a bit embarrassing, but I came back on here to check on everything, I'm now beyrank #20. I sorta have got interested again, so instead of me leaving, im going to be a sort of casual member. sorry for the wasted extra post, just change my mind alot so, yeah. Smile

And I still have two of the early Melbourne events to process hah.
I haven't been active lately, but, I have returned.
(Jun. 13, 2012  8:46 AM)Chups Wrote: well, this is a bit embarrassing, but I came back on here to check on everything, I'm now beyrank #20. I sorta have got interested again, so instead of me leaving, im going to be a sort of casual member. sorry for the wasted extra post, just change my mind alot so, yeah. Smile

Well, its been quite some time since I saw you here, haha!
I still remember the times when you, BeybladeStation and Raigeko13 used to be like, the top posters here. Only the latter has still been active, though...

Well, its nice to have you back! And I know that even if you claim to be a casual member, I am sure to see a few posts from you! Grin
And of course, your intelligent avatars, haha!
My exams are over and I am finally going to be online more, (more posting would help), but yes, no more revision. I hope to be more active.
I will not be coming on that often, a few issues with time, once I figure it all out, I'll finish everything up I've forgotten on here, like images. Also with the store I'm having some issues and doing this will give me time to fix everything up. I will check on here to check what people want of course.
Finals just finished; today was the last day of school. I'm officially done for the year, so I'm happy to say I'll start to post more often again.
Yo Sparta!
It'd been long since I heard from you, and its nice to have you back now, haha!
Now to expect some brilliant posts in the Your Creations forum! Joyful_3
As you can tell, I've spent some time away from Beyblade, trying to force myself to grow up after being afraid of what my fiends may think. Well, my friends like My Little Pony, so I'm back.

Anyways, a lot happened while I was away. Did they start a new series already? No more Gingka?
(Jun. 16, 2012  5:49 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: As you can tell, I've spent some time away from Beyblade, trying to force myself to grow up after being afraid of what my fiends may think. Well, my friends like My Little Pony, so I'm back.

Anyways, a lot happened while I was away. Did they start a new series already? No more Gingka?

Hah, OK.

You missed the beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-g ?
I've kind of been inactive since Zero-G came out well more like I haven't been posting, so for the summer I've decided to take up Beyblade again as a hobby. I have lots of purchases to make because I have No Zero-G Beyblades Crying.
(Jun. 16, 2012  6:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hah, OK.

You missed the beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-g ?
I missed everything after season 1 ended, I forced myself to grow up back in August 2011. I didn't want my hobbies to slip out of my mouth, or get caught in the act. I don't care about that any more though.

Of course, I was still active in the off topic sections of the site.
I've been gone for 6 months! I am back in action with Zero-G beys!!!!!!!
Wink
~X-Saber
Welcome back all my homies that came back!

Yo, Bey-Heart, as Hazel said "Live how you want to live". Goddayum you've had about 5000 girlfriends so who cares.
(Jun. 17, 2012  3:31 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Welcome back all my homies that came back!

Yo, Bey-Heart, as Hazel said "Live how you want to live". Goddayum you've had about 5000 girlfriends so who cares.
Well I figured that since they're embarrassed about MLP, but are open to me with it, then they can't say anything on the off chance they find out about me liking Beyblade.

As for the girlfriends, yeah, I had 4 during the school year. There's actually no girls that I currently like, and I decided to take a break anyways since I get so nervous.

I believe it was either you or To that posted a quote from C.S. Lewis about reading fairy tales. That was one of the key factors in me coming back.

[Note: This was moved from the Beyblade Random Thoughts Thread.]

It's been a good six months since I've posted anything on the WBO or merely thought about Beyblade in general, which is really shocking to me. Here I was my sophomore year thinking that I would grow onto this site and the game for a long time, or at least more than a year and a half. Now halfway through my junior year (maybe) I've really lacked interest. It possibly could have been caused by the new school year or because I've been interested in other things (such as yoyoing), but I feel like I've experienced a cycle that many forum users of my "era" (members that come to my mind are McFrown, Diamond, Cpt. Squirrel, momiji, or even Daegor) have gone through as well. Coming back here to look at how much the community has grown -- nearly 70,000 members -- really makes me miss coming here dedicated to the WBO.

This isn't to say that I'm quitting the game or the WBO cold turkey; no matter what, Beyblading will always have a spot in my (bey) heart.

I think the major negative influence that Beyblade had on me though was my budget. I didn't really feel obligated to each new bey that came out, but that drive came from pure love and addiction of the game. Now, my beys just sit in my case in my drawers, a few brand new and untouched. Like I, as well as other people have stated earlier, Beyblade isn't a cheap hobby to stay competitive.

Truly this game is something I love watching people enjoy and grow up with.

Okay. I feel like this whole post is disconnected, and I suppose I had some random thoughts I needed to let out after being absent for so long. Anyways, thanks for reading.

[/rant]
(From random thoughts)
As someone who sometimes has similar feelings - virtually identical ones about MFB, in fact, I understand your position, Zero-G's gimmick interested a lot of people, but the other "gimmick", the "buy two beyblades to make one useable one" is really a terrible tactic for keeping people in your position interested. It's one of the reasons I felt closing off the MFB metagame after flash may be a good idea - that way, the metagame is stable, at what was a fairly well-balanced point, and people can buy that stuff and play it on a level footing. But, in the end I personally felt the other way was a good idea, as long as a close eye is kept on Zero-G's parts and game balance, for numerous reasons. That said, I think the rate the metagame "burns through" parts is really extreme, and I know for sure you're not alone in that - in fact, it's one of the most common reasons I hear for lost interest.

It is a real shame to see people like you, and everyone you listed, losing interest - though I only kept mine thanks to plastics remembrance day in the end. You guys were some of the largest influences for me starting out - though I am and always have been far from "perfect", you all gave me something to aim for. (Something which I personally feel I've hilariously failed to live up to with certain activity, much to the displeasure of a few people, I'm sure.)

Perhaps one of my biggest complaints back before a whole swathe of you slowly disappeared, or at the start of that disappearance, was the inactivity of the advanced forum. Now I'm there myself, I can see what those of you I criticised for not pushing hard enough were dealing with, and my accusations of inactivity and irresponsibility seem rather rude (in most cases, anyway), given the perspective I now have, and now that I see just how hard it is, even in that position, to make stuff happen and get things done, especially with the small size of that forum in terms of active members.

The other issue these departures have caused is role models - and a particular lack of "good" role models. There are obviously still a few very, very good examples of what people should strive to be around the forum, but the number is much, much smaller than when I started out, and I do sometimes wonder if this is in large part, at least, the reason for some of the issues I feel are most problematic for this forum nowadays.

From my perspective, again, and sorry if I'm being self-centred, the disappearance of a lot of people has been "a bit of a pain" for my plastics interest. It leaves me a very small set of people to actively talk to and learn from, other than the few conversations I've had with members of "older vintage" - which are always some of the most interesting and insightful conversations I have. Getting answers for certain questions about HMS is a darned pain too. Of course, this isn't limited to my plastics/HMS interest - writing beywiki articles for earlier releases is rather hard without the perspective of those early testers/people who were around there and saw how they affected the metagame.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, but yeah, basically I know that feeling too. It's good to hear from you again.
Well, after my year of absence I'm back! But I think I'm only going to be back until August because I start an Engineering Academy at my High School. This year has really changed me and I think I'll only be active in Off Topic Forums or the Video Games forum because I have a ton of information in that regard. If I don't come back again, I'd just like to say thank you to all of you. And that with a community like this the forum will grow substantialy. My time here has been great!
I'm leaving for Rolling Hills Campground in an hour. I won't be back until tomorrow afternoon! I'll be sure to answer any PMs I get from anyone as soon as I come back! Now I gotta find the mosquito repellent...
Wow, Okiblaze's here! I wonder whether that post marked your return or it was just a signal to show us that you are still here, but well, I am quite disappointed to have missed the posts of such a great member! When I joined, I never really got to know the people whom you mentioned in your list, especially because most of them stopped posting, or in other cases (especially McFrown), I didn't understand their high-level plastic talk. XD

I only know you because of your YouTube account though. I believe you are daletubat there, no?
You always had the most detailed Unboxings I ever saw. Really helpful. I actually considered it to be a tertiary Purchase Consultation resource (the primary being the BeyWiki, while the secondary being the Purchase Consultation thread we have here), and always saw most of your videos.
I always looked forward to your videos more than AD's videos, because you spoke about your views about it too! So yeah, I'd really like to see you back.
Sad to OkiBlaze go.(?) Such a great member and mod.

Anyways, I will be going to Goshen Boy Scout Sleepaway Summer Camp. Will not be posting or viewing account from tommorow morning to next Sat. I will not be back on until I get back from Aru's tournament.

BUT FEEL FREE TO TROLL ME VIA PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
School's done, but I'm on vacation until Tuesday. After that I'll be posting again. However, I most definitely won't be buying beyblades for a really long time, so will I speak competitively? I don't know, but probably at a minimal amount. Don't want to twist things up with assumptions

Yeah so tuesday.
There's an old face! A lot of the members who were active on here last year are gone now, and the same goes for the ones from the year before (Except for the committed few.) Great to see another great member. I was starting to think that you only sign on every so often.

Why aren't you going to be buying any for a while? Broke? I completely understand there. Uncertain
Yep, surviving off birthday and Christmas money doesn't last a week after those occasions, haha.

I was just having a lot more trouble with school. But that's done so it's WBO and Zelda playing time.
I'll dissapear for about 3 weeks, I'll check in time to time
(Jun. 24, 2012  4:41 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Yep, surviving off birthday and Christmas money doesn't last a week after those occasions, haha.

I was just having a lot more trouble with school. But that's done so it's WBO and Zelda playing time.
That's where I get most of my Beyblade money. Great to see you back, chat with me in PM when you get the chance! Grin