Going Away/Coming Back Topic

(Sep. 12, 2014  8:27 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: I guess it's time to retire the site soon.

Blasphemy.
(Sep. 12, 2014  6:37 PM)Time Wrote: I've tried pretty hard, none of my threads in the advanced forum have gotten more than 5 replies and anything else I post lately struggles to make it 30.

Perhaps moving your What To Buy lists out of the advances forum; it doesn't require a sophisticated level of thinking to contribute to it.
(Sep. 12, 2014  8:27 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: I guess it's time to retire the site soon.

What?

Just cause there's been a little inactivity lately doesn't mean we should just close the website... Especially with sonokong and hasbro still trying to keep it alive.
I really don't like how people are leaving beause they say the game is dying.

Is it as popular as it was at its peak? No. Is it dead? Certainly not. There are events, rereleases, and most importantly us.
We are keeping it alive; the community. If you leave because you believe it's dead- who's the one killing it?
(Sep. 12, 2014  9:47 PM)Empire Wrote:

What?

Just cause there's been a little inactivity lately doesn't mean we should just close the website... Especially with sonokong and hasbro still trying to keep it alive.

I was joking, geez. Of course there is no retirement, because I obviously do not know how many fanboys and fangirls still remain. I'm really not that stupid nor am I that DELUSIONAL.

(Sep. 12, 2014  9:52 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I really don't like how people are leaving beause they say the game is dying.

Is it as popular as it was at its peak? No. Is it dead? Certainly not. There are events, rereleases, and most importantly us.
We are keeping it alive; the community. If you leave because you believe it's dead- who's the one killing it?

If they say the game is dying, it's by their perspective and expectations and therefore they just take it WAY too seriously like a few people here(I mean come on it's a bleedin game), and that if their expecting more then I guess they just leave as they lost their grip.

If they want to leave, let them leave but I guess it's their loss, if their mindset tells them the game is dying, they probably thought it was dead anyway and left it not knowing it's effects.

I personally WANT to blame Shogun Steel for this because the series was a POC and the toyline wasn't all that great IMO, but I won't since it was still active in the WBO for a while especially Dragooon good lord. No one has seen it's end yet so I guess it's a good idea to stay and keep our expectations in a fair level.
(Sep. 12, 2014  2:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2014  6:56 AM)Time Wrote: I think Rager's comment about posting difficulties was more about a lack of ongoing discussion (making it difficult to post productively) rather than any sort of technical issue.

Yet TamerKei-V, his brother, actually just posted to clarify that it was because he was busy with school ...

Also, it is up to each of us to start discussions : you do not always have to be the one replying to an ongoing conversation.
He probably won't be online because he thinks he'll get addicted if he comes back online. Lol
What is with the people who are leaving entirely because of inactivity with Hasbro and SoNoKong?? I've been out of the beyblade loop since May, and im here daily. Stay here for the other members, that's what I've done.
(Sep. 12, 2014  11:36 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: I personally WANT to blame Shogun Steel for this because the series was a POC and the toyline wasn't all that great IMO, but I won't since it was still active in the WBO for a while especially Dragooon good lord. No one has seen it's end yet so I guess it's a good idea to stay and keep our expectations in a fair level.

This is not really where we should discuss it so I am myself to blame too, but I just want to say that with the same logic, you could say that HMS is to blame for the end of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, and while there are technicalities to blame indeed, HMS is simply awesome, so Zero-G also introduces a super dimension of stadiums and a just slightly updated generation. The real factor is really just the punctual in time decrease of popularity in players. You could offer them the whole Metal System again from the beginning that started it all with Metal Fight Beyblade, but at that moment in time, the conjecture apologises : there is nothing more you can do with Beyblades. That is why you either have to release something entirely new then (if you have the ideas already), or you wait to release something else to another generation later.
(Sep. 13, 2014  7:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2014  11:36 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: I personally WANT to blame Shogun Steel for this because the series was a POC and the toyline wasn't all that great IMO, but I won't since it was still active in the WBO for a while especially Dragooon good lord. No one has seen it's end yet so I guess it's a good idea to stay and keep our expectations in a fair level.

This is not really where we should discuss it so I am myself to blame too, but I just want to say that with the same logic, you could say that HMS is to blame for the end of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, and while there are technicalities to blame indeed, HMS is simply awesome, so Zero-G also introduces a super dimension of stadiums and a just slightly updated generation. The real factor is really just the punctual in time decrease of popularity in players. You could offer them the whole Metal System again from the beginning that started it all with Metal Fight Beyblade, but at that moment in time, the conjecture apologises : there is nothing more you can do with Beyblades. That is why you either have to release something entirely new then (if you have the ideas already), or you wait to release something else to another generation later.
I'm not talking about a Hiatus but rather interest, while people may not have liked HMS it's definitely lashed back with a good response where we all want it. Zero G does introduce a new element but I think of they updated track and bottoms more then it may seem more updated.
HMS were good, the transition seemed more significant while people didn't like it as much, it's still good and the difference is that it's a nice memory while Zero G is forgettable IMO.

EDIT: my statement was really just MY opinion.

Anyways off topic.
If people would get interested in the original Beyblade, then we'd be more active.
MFB is basically a dry-well, and no one wants to go back and buy these old Beyblades because...? I hope people still aren't like "omg dont spins as lung is bad", right?

(Sep. 12, 2014  9:47 PM)Empire Wrote:

What?

SonoKong better keep making those Gold Dragoon S' and we'll always have members.
Lol, does anyone remember me? I noticed I haven't been on here for almost a year really only cause my interest in Beyblade has been lost. I guess I'll be active on the off topic forums, but definitely not on the Beyblade related forums. It's been a long journey. It's time to say goodbye to Beyblade, sorry for those who know me.
I was be peeping on here like once week and will make giant post rampages most of the time, but I'm not gonna be on here all that much. I'm still digesting those sweets. Unhappy
I'm going to be off for a few days at minimum. Other then checking my tourney threads. Last night a friend of mine I met over 15 years ago died. It was a rather traumatic thing. Due to rules I can't say exactly what up here. I'm still in shock, and I will be taking a few days off. If you need me PM me or Facebook me. OR post in the tournament threads. Ill be back after the funeral.
(Sep. 21, 2014  8:04 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I'm going to be off for a few days at minimum. Other then checking my tourney threads. Last night a friend of mine I met over 15 years ago died. It was a rather traumatic thing. Due to rules I can't say exactly what up here. I'm still in shock, and I will be taking a few days off. If you need me PM me or Facebook me. OR post in the tournament threads. Ill be back after the funeral.
So sorry to hear that, Dark. Best wishes for you and everyone close to your friend.
(Sep. 21, 2014  8:04 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I'm going to be off for a few days at minimum. Other then checking my tourney threads. Last night a friend of mine I met over 15 years ago died. It was a rather traumatic thing. Due to rules I can't say exactly what up here. I'm still in shock, and I will be taking a few days off. If you need me PM me or Facebook me. OR post in the tournament threads. Ill be back after the funeral.

I'm sorry for your loss.
All my condolences to you, friends and family.
Oh wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you and the family involved. :\
I can't even imagine what that is like, sorry for your loss.
Im back for right now. The funeral isn't until Sunday afternoon. Sunday I won't be on at all. I'm still a nervous wreck, Shocked and saddened. Ill be active on the forums again. Thanks everyone. If someone would check up on me Sunday evening I would appreciate it more then you know.
Hey guys.

School has begun for me, and is already in full drive, with few to no breaks (pun slightly intended). Thus I have been checking the site not as often as I have been in the past. My posting is coming down to a pretty minimal state right now.

I still am the BeyChannel editor, and I haven't forgotten about that. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can set out some time to devote to that, but I digress.

As for Maryland's tournament scene, it is looking pretty bleak right now. Obviously it takes a physical toll on a host, and right now I just can't do that. Maybe if an event gets posted I can come?

Either way, I'm just not gonna be active on the site as much.
^ And another one bites the dust. :\ Hope MD can still run without you, *Ginga*.

Anywho, same thing goes for me. I've got plenty of schoolwork, and a pretty hectic extracurricular schedule as well. *SIGH* I'm getting a bit discouraged about this site. It used to be so huge, and now it... isn't. We're down to like 1 post in the customizations forum every 2 or 3 days.

Hopefully TAKARA will spring something soon, and we'll get a surge of activity. Things are looking a bit grim ATM.
I think the biggest issue right now is school just starting, considering how much more active the site was in the summertime.

We just need to keep carrying on as we usually would- but with a more optimistic outlook, rather than saying how we think the site/hobby is "grim", etc. I mean, we get new members every day and it's not like there are no Beyblade (re)releases at all (Legends, etc.)- those (near me, at least) have been selling super well. In the end, as long as we keep going, Beyblade keeps going- remember that.
I do think it just requires people to adjust to the amount of homework, assignments and study they need to do this year; right now they think they will have no time for anything, but most of you are barely in college and university yet, so you should find that free time eventually once you overcome the mountain you see as your schoolwork.
Not back forever, but a lot more active then I have been. My school work is starting to become ordinary and easy to do. Though I may not be as tourney active ever again. I am moving to Indiana for good in a few weeks.
(Sep. 27, 2014  1:48 PM)LordRager Wrote: Not back forever, but a lot more active then I have been. My school work is starting to become ordinary and easy to do. Though I may not be as tourney active ever again. I am moving to Indiana for good in a few weeks.

Welcome back. It's ashame you won't be holding tournaments anymore.

Good luck on your move and hope you can become more active again.
Hi guys,

I bet some of you guys don't remember me but I've been inactive for a while now, I've lost a tremendous amount of interest but I still have been checking up the site once in a while but now that high school started and started and my schedual really have been a major fist to the face especially with me doing sports now it is harder to have any amount of freetime except the weekends.

Although I'll probably not participate in any tourneys, I still be checking around the site every one in a while. So i guess I'm back sorta but not fully I probably missed alot of things.