Giga Flat Discussion (BB-10 Only!)

Since when did this thread die? GF is still a fairly new part and need plenty of testing. A lot of these threads seem pretty old, but in fact still lack widespread testing. The more testing and input we can get on parts like these, the better.

By all means, if you have the part or have something to add to the discussion, feel free to post. It is old threads like the Flash discussion thread that are considered dead, since Flash has already been tested thoroughly.
No idea if this has already been asked, but can you try Killerken Dragoon Df105 LRF vs Flash Orion W145GF?
GF reminds me of FGrin in a way because when FGrin switched to RF it was so wide it a lot of times it stopped spinning STANDING.I'm pretty sure you can do that with Giga Flat. Does this spin longer than MF?
I can contribute to testing this when my Bahmadia gets here within the next few days. This part seems really interesting!
Despite what people said about it's not hard to control and I am not feeling that even remotely. I haven't been able to achieve what Meow! has in his videos once. Yes not once. And yet you say it's not hard to control... Also no it doesn't get caught in the tornado ridge. It just goes over it like it's not even there! And from right out the stadium.

EDIT:

Nevermind. I only just noticed that my stadium has two major cracks which affects it's balance and stability and is why it always shoots out of the exits.
i don't have to much trouble controlling mine i can get a good enough sliding shot off of it it has great power though i feel there may be some thing odd with it its stamina i'sent all that great it doesn't ride the tornado ridge and the tip like slightly slanted tho when i tried it in a zero - g stadium at the American qualifying tournaments it worked perfectly and did great anybody else with this problem
I've established that my stadium was the problem so it's nothing to worry about.
The stadium might have been your problem, but I'm having extreme issues controlling it. More importantly, I'm not getting any success with this tip on spin stealers AT ALL, much less beating-B: D-errytime level. I've tried weak launching, I've tried slide shooting, I've tried a whole slew of track heights and left-spin (Chrome/HWS) wheels, and I've never gotten GF to outspin a standard Stamina custom ONCE.

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong lol
Can you do solo spins of the Duo/Phantom your using on the for the stamina customs? Everyone seems to have forgotten that Duo and Phantom molds can vary a lot and this can affect the ability to compare two sets of testing pretty easily.
(Jun. 04, 2013  1:21 AM)Ultra Wrote: Can you do solo spins of the Duo/Phantom your using on the for the stamina customs? Everyone seems to have forgotten that Duo and Phantom molds can vary a lot and this can affect the ability to compare two sets of testing pretty easily.

That's valid, and I'll work on that. For reference, though, stuff like Meteo CH120EWD and Dragooon SA165EWD DO outspin the Duo customs (Duo Cygnus W145(WD/EWD/BWD), Duo Cygnus 160PD, and obviously the taller variants).
I've never actually seen that meteo beat any proper stamina combo. But yes I know that your dragooon zombie combo beats stamina. From my experience and others in the UK, Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF beats stamina and sometimes draws but i've never actually seen it lose to stamina. Like not even once. Kei and a few others displayed disbelief at this since while it's very good when people have used it over in Canada and the US it isn't as dominant and can lose to stamina. I was quite surprised at him saying that too. I'll be quiet now because this is going off topic.
(Jun. 04, 2013  1:17 AM)Ingulit Wrote: The stadium might have been your problem, but I'm having extreme issues controlling it. More importantly, I'm not getting any success with this tip on spin stealers AT ALL, much less beating-B: D-errytime level. I've tried weak launching, I've tried slide shooting, I've tried a whole slew of track heights and left-spin (Chrome/HWS) wheels, and I've never gotten GF to outspin a standard Stamina custom ONCE.

Taller opponents tend to knock over GF so you need to destabilize and KO. I'm assuming your GF just falls over towards the end of the battle. For me, whenever it stands completely upright, it gets an OS. Could you describe what exactly happens towards the end of the battle?
(Jun. 04, 2013  5:05 AM)Meow! Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2013  1:17 AM)Ingulit Wrote: The stadium might have been your problem, but I'm having extreme issues controlling it. More importantly, I'm not getting any success with this tip on spin stealers AT ALL, much less beating-B: D-errytime level. I've tried weak launching, I've tried slide shooting, I've tried a whole slew of track heights and left-spin (Chrome/HWS) wheels, and I've never gotten GF to outspin a standard Stamina custom ONCE.

Taller opponents tend to knock over GF so you need to destabilize and KO. I'm assuming your GF just falls over towards the end of the battle. For me, whenever it stands completely upright, it gets an OS. Could you describe what exactly happens towards the end of the battle?

It's actually not falling over, it just legit stops spinning while the stamina custom gets in an extra rotation (or more). It still stands perfectly straight up, but it slows down too quickly (unlike my RDFs, which is what is so confusing lol). I might need to post a video, but my parts are kind of... inaccessible at the moment, haha
Is Giga Flat better at attack than the R2F? I am using Variares Metal Wheel with 85 and want a tip that can give excellent attack in both spins so I don't have to continually change between R2F and LRF
Stick with R2F bud.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-STD-Drag...ist-Worthy

Just a thread I've been working on throughout the coarse of around a week, or so.

Overall, I'm not too sure about what to say about it being on the tier-list; I was initially incredibly confident in Dragoon BD145GF, but seeing as it really only got a 69, almost 70 percent win rate is not that impressive, in my opinion. It's main problem was Duo MTSCs, which play a huge roll in terms of competitive stamina customs. It did well against almost everything, despite that, though.

I'll try to play with Time's Genbull Dragoon LW105GF a bit more, too; it seems like it has just about as much potential as Dragoon BD145GF setups.
i just bought a gladiator bahamoote [hasbro] and it is really powerful even with very weak launch, it just distroys everything thing that come in it's way. not with out of box combo [gladiator bahamoote] beacuse sp230 doen't allow chrome wheel to come in contact and bahamadia/bahamoote have just too much recoil to handle by gf [due to it's poor stamina]. but when use with a non zero-g bey [like hyper pegasis ed145gf, ifried pegasis w145gf, spiral tempo ch120gf] it is a epic, i give ko to almost any bey but it is very hard control. i don't know why but it still can't give k.o. to ifried pegasis w145r2f even when i tried many combo.
yesterday I see a Killerken Dragooon 85GF at my tournament and it did pretty well against many right spin type

you can see the concept in the winning combination thread. Nocto(owner) explain it and he finish second at the tournament.
The _____ Dragoon __GF combination is one of those high risk-high reward kinds of combination. If used in the correct situation it is a beast, but can also be very disappointing.

In Toronto, where Genbull/Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF is extremely prominent, GF combinations stand literally no chance. I know GF has tons of potential, and it always has, but it's still too risky to use - or even be on the tier list.