Ghosts/Other SuperNatural Beings

Okay triforce, explain to me this, ow you would have been able to see a supposed ghost-like thing, like this at 3am-
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...UBCE1lFEYj

The simple answer is, it'd be pretty damn hard! (Argument leading to hallucination)

Another answer can be, that waking up at 3am can have a sudden affect on your body; which can cause your brain to perceive that, as you may have had a past invoked memory related to that pic in some way.
(Sep. 20, 2013  9:15 PM)jacolal Wrote: Okay triforce, explain to me this, ow you would have been able to see a supposed ghost-like thing, like this at 3am-
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...UBCE1lFEYj

The simple answer is, it'd be pretty damn hard! (Argument leading to hallucination)

Another answer can be, that waking up at 3am can have a sudden affect on your body; which can cause your brain to perceive that, as you may have had a past invoked memory related to that pic in some way.

around 3 am during winter. But explain this to me, how could me and my friend be seeing the same exact thing?
Um... once you give a description, people ALWAYS see what they expect to see. And I am merely stating a counter-argument. That is the only reason I go on this thread, to see if there is stuff I'll actually believe or not.
ok right now I don't even know whether what I saw was real or not anymore but either way I do hope it was just a hallucination
Yeah, if you read the idea of perception and reality, you'd understand what I was saying. In fact, you may even begin to doubt your senses.
idon't thin you can prove that
mate, perception has been proven USING SCIENCE, look it up! I don't mean to be rude, just that i find it offensiev that I study something for 2 years, someone just comes along and says you can't prove that.
so is not there i turn around its there i scream its gone again
It may or may not be. Just that the likelihood of it not being there is higher.
i bet you wouldn't go into haunted house and try and prove theres noting in there
Considering that it wouldn't be a haunted house to me, just a really old house, i probably could. It is honestly not that scary... Unless you believe in ghosts, because that changes the way you perceive things.
say something grabs you or somehting bites your arms or something falls thats not in position to fall what would you do?
it could be a spider or ant...
so a spider or a ant can grab your arm when theres nothing on you
(Sep. 22, 2013  8:30 AM)Kisame Akatsuki Wrote: so a spider or a ant can grab your arm when theres nothing on you
I'm not sure I understand what your past 2 posts meant. Please clarify.
(Sep. 22, 2013  8:30 AM)Kisame Akatsuki Wrote: so a spider or a ant can grab your arm when theres nothing on you
it could be a bat... theres lot's of bugs insects and animals that can grab and bite you and a bat could knock something down...
And really... You cant just say that.... You can't just try to counter everythingqwwith say something does that or say something does this... Has it actually happened!?
well I know that things fall in my house sometimes and end up startiling me like when the broom fell over while we were wacthing tv or when a piece paper moved because of the air vent...
I understand that... But that's normal... It doesn't mean the house is haunted or anything...
I know but it scares me like when I hear something moving and it turns out to be something sliding getting ready to fall Unhappy
Itscares.me very occasionally but thqtpaspast post wsent related to ghosts... Of topic.

Anyways, if you look up perception and reality or epistemology then you understand all my counter arguments.
my religion calls for belief in ghosts, spirits, angels, demons, and fairies. however i have not officially joined it yet due to lack of the control over my own mind needed for the rituals. this is a link to a wiki about a book about a case similar to the reason i can't control my own mind very well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Screwtape_Letters
the thing currently living in my mind (i still don't know what exactly she is) has gotten a lot less evil though. i could technically even call her a friend, though she can still be a bit of a bother.
Only giving my opinion, don't mean to start an argument -

I am Hindu, and my belief is that it's one thing to believe in God, but another thing to be superstitious, or have beliefs related to it. That is mainly why I don't believe in ghosts, and live life like this -

Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.
My thoughts exactly. I am a Hindu myself, and this is how I've usually lived my life. I don't necessarily have to believe in the myths and other stories that my religion has (as fun as they are to know), but I consider it important to be spiritual. That's all my family asks, and honestly that should be enough.
(Sep. 29, 2013  9:48 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: My thoughts exactly. I am a Hindu myself, and this is how I've usually lived my life. I don't necessarily have to believe in the myths and other stories that my religion has (as fun as they are to know), but I consider it important to be spiritual. That's all my family asks, and honestly that should be enough.
Thank you for agreeing with me. And if you uave any theoties, I'll tryy best to help you with them...