Getting bullied for beyblade

I've been getting bullied for playing beyblades. My best friend likes them and he is trying to back me up. My ex is spreading the word that I like beyblades and she tells me that she didn't WHEN I SAW HER DO IT!!!!! And I'm getting laughed at. I hate them so much.
(Sep. 06, 2017  9:05 PM)Epzus Wrote: I've been getting bullied for playing beyblades. My best friend likes them and he is trying to back me up. My ex is spreading the word that I like beyblades and she tells me that she didn't WHEN I SAW HER DO IT!!!!! And I'm getting laughed at. I hate them so much.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of bullying is it? Perhaps if it's at verbal at this stage there may be some good countermeasures against it. At physical u might need to get local authority involved.
(Sep. 06, 2017  11:17 PM)Julian df Wrote: Dude launch it at ther face

Violence is NOT the issue to a petty situation as such. Not sure how you can think that this is the answer..
(Sep. 06, 2017  11:29 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2017  11:17 PM)Julian df Wrote: Dude launch it at ther face

Violence is NOT the issue to a petty situation as such. Not sure how you can think that this is the answer..

I think dude was joking but still ur right we should control what kinda things we say in this thread Cos

1) serious matter
2) the person could take it literal and it could escalate into a serious issue.
(Sep. 06, 2017  10:50 PM)Yblader1 Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2017  9:05 PM)Epzus Wrote: I've been getting bullied for playing beyblades. My best friend likes them and he is trying to back me up. My ex is spreading the word that I like beyblades and she tells me that she didn't WHEN I SAW HER DO IT!!!!! And I'm getting laughed at. I hate them so much.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of bullying is it? Perhaps if it's at verbal at this stage there may be some good countermeasures against it. At physical u might need to get local authority involved.
As if right now it's not physical but maybe later. Hope not
(Sep. 06, 2017  11:59 PM)Epzus Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2017  10:50 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what kind of bullying is it? Perhaps if it's at verbal at this stage there may be some good countermeasures against it. At physical u might need to get local authority involved.
As if right now it's not physical but maybe later. Hope not

The best counter is to act like it don't bother u. Cos it's usually a bully's ammo to feed on someone who comes across as weak that could be physically or mentally, they prey upon the fact that it bothered u so much to the point of hiding ur hobby. At the beginning there will be people talking and stuff but it would die down if u show ur accepting of who u are instead of hiding it away. All imma say is show no weakness cos that's what they look for, someone mentally distraught. Stand proud and u should be fine. If they make fun be like "it's my hobby, I enjoy it for who I am, if it doesnt affect u then don't pry into my business" . This is probably not the only advice and I'm sure there are others much more mature than I who could also give advice regarding the matter so perhaps its best to consider everyone's opinions on dealing with the situation and develop a way to resolve this issue. But the last thing u wanna do is show that it bothers u so just act as if it don't bother u. Through these times u also will find out who ur real friends truly are.

Side note: I wanna know why there is so much bullying regarding hobbies in the US. I always thought that people are more accepting of personalities nd hobbies over there and that over here in the UK people were less accepting.
(Sep. 07, 2017  12:08 AM)Yblader1 Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2017  11:59 PM)Epzus Wrote: As if right now it's not physical but maybe later. Hope not

Side note: I wanna know why there is so much bullying regarding hobbies in the US. I always thought that people are more accepting of personalities nd hobbies over there and that over here in the UK people were less accepting.

There are garbage people everywhere. People who see someone enjoying something and want to crush all the joy out. The power dynamics of school encourage conformity, bullies act as the immune system of the host.
So true !Most kids in my school hate beyblade and that why kids don't say anything and blend in
It is pretty true about American kids being pretty judgemental. Idk what to say to you Epzus, but I do hope you find the right solution and things get better for you Grin
With Yblader1 at this early stage. You have a cool hobby. Roll with it. I assume you're not actually playing the game at school if it took your ex to spread the rumors - so that's probably a good thing in the short term. Toys at school are bully magnets. If being proactive is your deal though, I can pretty much guarantee that a new GF will immediately mute your rogue ex. Maybe devote some time to the rebound? New flings are pretty much always a good idea.
the easiest way to deal with bullies like that and this sounds reversed but is to ask them to try it before they make fun of it... basically if they still want to make fun of it then ignore them, if it continues further you should contact someone at the school. i used to get made fun of for beyblade, being a dj, brony, and a martial artist, three+times i got the "bullies" into the things i liked by having them try it themselves
So awhile ago a friend of mine started dissing me for having Beyblade as my hobby
He said it was "stupid", thus triggering me to write all this stuff

Let's see, what society deems as "stupid" are different in the eyes of different people. Something that most people dislike make other people dislike it as well. There are many aspects to everything, and I like what physics have to do with them. I love experimenting with them, doing tests with them to see if our hypothesis before the release was true. But since they have that extra gimmick of exploding it makes things unpredictable, going beyond what is guaranteed where no equation can solve. I like it because it's simply what it is, spinning tops. It's so complex that it makes it unsolvable, thus it's fun to think of it in the simplest terms. Basic things are the best things, simple has already become the new modern. People are contagious, if you've ever been in the same class as a rich brat you know that everyone flocks to them and they follow them. With the brat's spoiled ideals he can basically manipulate his followers to thinking the same spoiled ideal. That's what's wrong with society, so what you deem as socially unacceptable is probably someone else's idea that's been passed through years. Society is **** that's the main point, that's why I don't give a **** bout what people like you think as childish.
(Sep. 09, 2017  4:41 AM)Mage Wrote: So awhile ago a friend of mine started dissing me for having Beyblade as my hobby

Let's see, what society deems as "stupid" are different in the eyes of different people. Something that most people dislike make other people dislike it as well. There are many aspects to everything, and I like what physics have to do with them. I love experimenting with them, doing tests with them to see if our hypothesis before the release was true. But since they have that extra gimmick of exploding it makes things unpredictable, going beyond what is guaranteed where no equation can solve. I like it because it's simply what it is, spinning tops. It's so complex that it makes it unsolvable, thus it's fun to think of it in the simplest terms. Basic things are the best things, simple has already become the new modern. People are contagious, if you've ever been in the same class as a rich brat you know that everyone flocks to them and they follow them. With the brat's spoiled ideals he can basically manipulate his followers to thinking the same spoiled ideal. That's what's wrong with society, so what you deem as socially unacceptable is probably someone else's idea that's been passed through years. Society is **** that's the main point, that's why I don't give a **** bout what people like you think as childish.

U said U have experimented many things in physics with equations...what experiments have U performed??? Just asking...
(Sep. 09, 2017  9:54 AM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2017  4:41 AM)Mage Wrote: So awhile ago a friend of mine started dissing me for having Beyblade as my hobby

U said U have experimented many things in physics with equations...what experiments have U performed??? Just asking...

Squeaky pop test.
(Sep. 09, 2017  9:54 AM)Eleanor Wrote:

I more or less exaggerated it XD
Basically the tests we do here, I don't nessesarily make official testing but just from the casual battles I do with the parts I have is what I would call experimenting. Around when dF was still a big deal I kinda found a decent, but still ifty, counter to dF at the time. But then lS came Uncertain
So yea, I mean just say all that stuff and your bully will step down Grin
(Possibly, I dont guarantee anything :3)
I really do hope this bullying gets stopped....and people would see the world mainly the world of beyblade through our eyes
@[Red Eye] had the same sort of thing happen to them, they were bullied for Beyblading, but the police and their parents backed them up, ask all of the people who don't like this happening to help stand up to the bullies.
theories of why people get bullied for being bladers:

1.they are jealous because they cant buy beyblades

2.THEY PREFER FIDGET WIDGET SPIDGET MIDGET SPINNERS!!!

Choose 1 or 2
(Sep. 10, 2017  4:59 AM)BladerJakob Wrote: theories of why people get bullied for being bladers:

1.they are jealous because they cant buy  beyblades

Choose 1 or 2

Um...frankly speaking I have a blue fidget spinner and not a beyblade...but still my few mates laugh at me...but fidget spinner is really cool...it takes out all the frustration and in exchange gives back concentration...
I don't know how old you are, but it doesn't matter what people say about you. Not just regarding beyblade... In all of life. Be you. If they laugh at you, own it... Those people aren't worth the dirt they walk on and unless it gets physical, smile and go shoot a few rounds with a real friend. If at any point it becomes physical, you need to defend yourself... But you can always just bring an extra launcher and ask the would be bully if they want to play. You might be surprised. Don't be embarrassed that you have a hobby. Ever.
(Sep. 10, 2017  5:33 AM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2017  4:59 AM)BladerJakob Wrote: theories of why people get bullied for being bladers:

1.they are jealous because they cant buy  beyblades

Choose 1 or 2

Um...frankly speaking I have a blue fidget spinner and not a beyblade...but still my few mates laugh at me...but fidget spinner is really cool...it takes out all the frustration and in exchange gives back concentration...

i cant argue with your opinion on fidget spinners because i used to like them before
Assuming you're not out of high-school yet, people look for whatever they can to make fun of you. Don't matter what it is because it'll happen regardless. Afterwards though you get a little more choice in who you get to associate with. Let's put it this way, I went to a party after Anime Expo with a couple friends and I just had my beyblades with me (full disclosure I had beyblades with me the entire time). People actively wanted to play because they just had a lot of nostalgia and were just really blown away by the new burst system. Point is, the older you get the less people care, the less you care now about what others think, the better you'll feel.
Everybody here r so good and mature...only teenagers mostly and yet so mature mind...I never thought that getting bullied can mature a mind so much...
(Sep. 10, 2017  6:44 AM)Ryujin Wrote: I don't know how old you are, but it doesn't matter what people say about you. Not just regarding beyblade... In all of life. Be you. If they laugh at you, own it... Those people aren't worth the dirt they walk on and unless it gets physical, smile and go shoot a few rounds with a real friend. If at any point it becomes physical, you need to defend yourself... But you can always just bring an extra launcher and ask the would be bully if they want to play. You might be surprised. Don't be embarrassed that you have a hobby. Ever.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Man a hobby is something u have no matter what. Don't ever stop being yourself xD.