Getting Bullied in school, or other places? Tell your stories!

If people keep using movies as their basis for everything, I'd like to see this thread disappear.

Seriously, knock it off.
(Dec. 05, 2011  12:16 AM)Hazel Wrote: If people keep using movies as their basis for everything, I'd like to see this thread disappear.

Seriously, knock it off.
Okay, fine then.

Columbine. Virginia Tech.

How can you honestly say "don't use movies" when the movie he is referring to has blatant references to Columbine? There's a reason why that movie was made and it has a very clear message.

Pyrus is also just stating how the movie affected him. Are you seriously fixating so much on what you find to be incorrect with people's posts that you're forgetting that this is a kids site and this is essentially a support thread? To me, that's bullying. As an older member, you should be supportive in the development of these kids, not throwing it in their faces. You have a brain. Make the connection.

The entire reason why I still host tournaments is to give kids an outlet from these kinds of things. I want kids to feel safe and comfortable in who they are and what they do. I think that there are many other hosts who feel the same way, which is why we can be so successful. If a thread like this is ever discouraged and closed as a result, that will be the day I quit the WBO.
I don't think letting kids buy into scare tactics - or think that every bullying case will be a columbine or v-tech(although in both cases, serious mental disorders were present), is healthy for anyone, to be entirely honest. Those situations arose due to extremely unstable people who were creating strawmen in their own heads long before real "bullying" started.

The fact of the matter is that every person will witness, and likely experience some measure of bullying as they're going through school. How they individually handle it is what matters, and the right answer is always to go to an adult - you will find one that will listen and do something eventually. In the case of cyber-bullying, it's a first-world-luxury problem that exists on a plane of access beyond physical control, in many cases, and cannot really be tactfully dealt with beyond the use of ignore lists and multiple passwords and so-forth.

If this is just going to be a thread for people to post their bullying experiences, that's fine, but posting about movies about bullying gone horribly wrong is not suitable, in my opinion, and should be discouraged. Everyone already knows bullying is bad, and I don't think it's beneficial to anyone to provide stories of excessive responses to bullying, rather than the appropriate ones.
I don't really get bullied. Much.
But, I do get some rude remarks and looks when I walk down the hallway wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt while everyone else is trying to look they just stepped out of Seventeen magazine. Unhappy
I just believe in being confortable, and kids are coming up and saying "do you have gym today or something?"
But I think I'm lucky because some other kids are bullied much more.
(Dec. 03, 2011  6:06 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2011  6:00 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: If it's bullying for the game of Beyblade, it really is not "bullying".

Honestly, the thing about today's society (at least in the U.S. when I last checked) is that kids don't want to "tell" on another peer. It ruins having friends, I would know. It happened two years ago, and as far as I am concerned, it's hard now to tell on other kids because it's considered "snitching". Now, now, I am not implying that it is wrong, no way! But for hell, I think people have to learn to somehow come over it with some new hobby.

I was bullied on how everyone was "ripped" in grade school and when they said that, they just had some freakin' crunch lines on their stomach. I apparently did not have these "abs".

Now, it's a bit different. More of the other way around, as I like to know it as. Hah, that was just my two cents.
I really don't think you know what you're talking about. At all.
I'm sorry, but how in hell could you judge that? I'm under a religion that is highly ridiculed by pure "americans" who were in kindergarten when said terror happened. You don't know. You might be older, wiser, and whatever.

But one thing is for sure, I will never be proven wrong here. The ridiculed years are not something I could forget. May 1, 2011 was one of the worst days of my life. If you do not remember what happened that day, then its the first result on google if you search that date only. Racism hurts, and what you just said (without knowing by context) is really bad.
It amazes me how oblivious you can be sometimes. Kids with guns aren't a scare tactic. It's just one example of how bullying can drive a person made. Most of the time when death comes into play, homicide isn't the answer for the victims; it's suicide. The act of suicide or homicide is just a physical reaction to abuse. It would be extremely hard for media to tell a story based on what a person thinks. Movies work better with actions; thoughts work better for writing. It's simple.

Also, if you even listened to Pyrus, you'd have noticed that he wasn't even saying "omg, I'm scared that a kid will bring a gun to school now." No. Most of us aren't worried about that. Most of us have enough sympathy for victims where we feel as though we should be more mindful about the little things we say to people and maybe go out of our way a little more to support each other. I'm not so certain anymore that you would even fall into that category since it seems like you're more wanting to keep this topic as emotionless as possible.

Seriously, go to an AA group, a real support group for adults. Nobody says "don't reference this" or "let's get back on topic or else we'll kick you out". What the hell is wrong with letting kids vent here in anyway they really feel necessary?

Going back to what Pyrus said about handicapped kids, in my high school, we had this kid in a walker named Joey. He had brain damage, too, so he would drool sometimes, couldn't look you in the eye, and would not speak properly. During graduation, I think he had the most applause from our class than anyone else, even Albert who took his shirt off on stage as he walked over to get his diploma. My school was extremely intolerant to discrimination by time sophomore year rolled around. They would still pick on you for being weird or an idiot, but at least they didn't prejudge.
You should re-read the last paragraph of my post again, because it apparently flew right over your head in a luxury jet.

This thread should not be about anything in movies, should not be about anything in the news paper, and should most definitely not be about V-Tech or Columbine. This thread should be about people's individual, personal experiences with bullying - not with stories about bullying gone horribly wrong that are unrelated in every feasible way.
(Dec. 05, 2011  2:57 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2011  6:06 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2011  6:00 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: If it's bullying for the game of Beyblade, it really is not "bullying".

Honestly, the thing about today's society (at least in the U.S. when I last checked) is that kids don't want to "tell" on another peer. It ruins having friends, I would know. It happened two years ago, and as far as I am concerned, it's hard now to tell on other kids because it's considered "snitching". Now, now, I am not implying that it is wrong, no way! But for hell, I think people have to learn to somehow come over it with some new hobby.

I was bullied on how everyone was "ripped" in grade school and when they said that, they just had some freakin' crunch lines on their stomach. I apparently did not have these "abs".

Now, it's a bit different. More of the other way around, as I like to know it as. Hah, that was just my two cents.
I really don't think you know what you're talking about. At all.
I'm sorry, but how in hell could you judge that? I'm under a religion that is highly ridiculed by pure "americans" who were in kindergarten when said terror happened. You don't know. You might be older, wiser, and whatever.

But one thing is for sure, I will never be proven wrong here. The ridiculed years are not something I could forget. May 1, 2011 was one of the worst days of my life. If you do not remember what happened that day, then its the first result on google if you search that date only. Racism hurts, and what you just said (without knowing by context) is really bad.
You act like bullying is something new. Bullying and harassment has been going on since the dawn of mankind and from what I've been told, you're not exactly a saint either. Bullying isn't a hobby. You should stop talking like you know the whole world because really, you talk like a kid with his head so far up his bottom he thinks he found a shortcut to the center of the Earth. Please, pull your head out and remember that you have experienced so little of life that you would not know the difference between now, ten years ago, and 40 years past.

I could care less about your race or religion. Right now, you are just a hothead posting on a Beyblade forum.

Also, being gay in the early 2000's in no walk in the park either. It's not like I don't know what it's like.
(Dec. 05, 2011  3:05 AM)Hazel Wrote: You should re-read the last paragraph of my post again, because it apparently flew right over your head in a luxury jet.
Only if you reread what I wrote about Pyrus's reaction to the movie, because really, that's what he was fixating on. Maybe it doesn't happen it his community or maybe he just wasn't paying attention, but he saw that making fun of handicapped kids is a very real truth. He wasn't focusing on the gun, or are you just selectively reading?
That has nothing to do with what Deikailo was saying though.. Does it?

The day Osama (or Usama) was the worst day of your life..? That would lead me to a couple scenarios, so clarify.
Maybe he meant that it was a day when people celebrated that someone of his kind was executed...?
Sorry if I interpreted this wrong BBS.
(Dec. 05, 2011  3:10 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You act like bullying is something new. Bullying and harassment has been going on since the dawn of mankind and from what I've been told, you're not exactly a saint either. Bullying isn't a hobby. You should stop talking like you know the whole world because really, you talk like a kid with his head so far up his bottom he thinks he found a shortcut to the center of the Earth. Please, pull your head out and remember that you have experienced so little of life that you would not know the difference between now, ten years ago, and 40 years past.

I could care less about your race or religion. Right now, you are just a hothead posting on a Beyblade forum.

(Dec. 05, 2011  2:59 AM)Deikailo Wrote: What the hell is wrong with letting kids vent here in anyway they really feel necessary?

Now, you're insulting him, accusing him of things, and dismissing his mannerism.

If you're going to stand up for bullied people everywhere, try to do it without bullying people.

His most recent post does seem very unrelated to the one he was responding to, but regardless, you are some kind of individual to actually try and insult him over receiving something you cannot possibly understand.

(Dec. 05, 2011  3:12 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Maybe he meant that it was a day when people celebrated that someone of his kind was executed...?
Sorry if I interpreted this wrong BBS.

On May 1st, 2011, Americans celebrated the death of Osama Bin Laden, which was also a day wherein brown-skinned people everywhere, arabic, islamic, pakistani, etc. in America were taunted, goaded, mocked, insulted, etc. out of disgusting American pride over something they and their children do not even know the reality of. BBS is claiming to've been a victim of that taunting, goading, mocking, and insulting.
Didn't you bully someone on this thread earlier Hazel? I mean it is great you realized it was wrong and are now reprimanding others about it, but still.
How would I know how old bullying is? I know about the things that happen, but you were clearly saying I had no clue what I was talking about. Where was I ever implying that I knew it? I was sharing a personal experience, just as this thread is. Just like the post above yours. Uncertain

You're changing the topic and my point, my point in state is that: In my society as a teenager in High School, I know that why bullying isn't told out as much. Peer pressure is into this. Again, if you don't give a hell's care for my religion it does not matter.

The point is evident and stuck up, to stop bullying even students have to be more cooperative. I don't know how it worked "40 years ago" or some other bull. As far as I know, it's more if you can get over it.

Join a club, hobby, whatever! I do not wish to fight on this forum with you. I highly respect you, and for that matter I'm just explaining my story at the last sentences of my 2 posts before. Whether you like it or not, I know one thing is right. When I was bullied to the end, I just had to go along and ignore it.

Now, maybe you were opposed to my "snitching" description. I understand where you are coming from, and I have personal experiences of this where I have lost friends and gotten into a deep sense of having no friends whatsoever. I'm not saying what I'm getting is anything, I know about the killings. I know the numbers.

But saying I have my "head up high" and implying that I'm a 10 year old who wastes time doesn't aid my cause to what I think could be a possible solution. I always wanted to tell the teacher, but if I did, the next day there'd be guys a whole foot bigger than me at my house. End.
(Dec. 05, 2011  3:10 AM)Dan Wrote: That has nothing to do with what Deikailo was saying though.. Does it?

The day Osama (or Usama) was the worst day of your life..? That would lead me to a couple scenarios, so clarify.
I was ridiculed to the end and I left school early that day, in misery Uncertain

No, not that I like him or I was sad when he died. For hell, I was probably dancing the moment I found out.
I claimed someone's story was more than likely exaggerated. I will still bet money that it was - especially since it was not about the person who posted it.

Misuse of the term "bullying" is a serious problem. Don't be a part of it.
He acts as though bullying is something we know nothing of and it's strictly today's American society and it's a hobby. Also, he's implying that I am racist without knowing what his ethnicity is. I am stating that I don't care what anyone's color or religion is because I only care about what people say and do. There's a distinct difference between being a hothead like he knows so much about bullying and playing the victim and actually being a victim of it. He's not a victim of my bullying, he's playing one. For that, he should get his head out of his rear.
(Dec. 05, 2011  3:19 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: How would I know how old bullying is?
You really don't have access to movies that are not current? Have you not watched Hey! Arnold or Rugrats or The Sandlot?
I don't mean to play what you've just posted down that at all, BBS, but in future, just in respect to your previous post, please, if you make any statement that could possibly stir "AMURRIKUN RAAAAGE", please, clarify it so there is no doubt. Just best to make these things real clear, hey Smile
(Dec. 05, 2011  3:21 AM)Hazel Wrote: I claimed someone's story was more than likely exaggerated. I will still bet money that it was - especially since it was not about the person who posted it.

Misuse of the term "bullying" is a serious problem. Don't be a part of it.
Went it comes to friends getting bullied, ofcourse im not a dog and help them out, this new kid thought that he could do what i did (beat up a bully cause he was beating up my friend) and tried to pick a fight with a year 9 (he was really stupid and ofcourse i didnt help him, but told them to back off) so then he got beat up

So overall what happens when your friends in trouble or your family??
(Dec. 05, 2011  3:22 AM)Deikailo Wrote: He acts as though bullying is something we know nothing of and it's strictly today's American society and it's a hobby. Also, he's implying that I am racist without knowing what his ethnicity is. I am stating that I don't care what anyone's color or religion is because I only care about what people say and do. There's a distinct difference between being a hothead like he knows so much about bullying and playing the victim and actually being a victim of it. He's not a victim of my bullying, he's playing one. For that, he should get his head out of his rear.
1. Read my post, I even quoted the 40 years.
2. I've never said anyone was racist in the past full year. I've literally gotten bullied for saying even that, and it was sometime I could not even mention..
3. I said I highly respected you, why don't you just so back? I said I didn't give a bull if you cared or not. And does it matter on ethnicity when the religion is being flaunted in your face?
4. I'm playing bullying? You don't think racism is bullying? That is the first and last time I will ever hear that, again. Again, again.

@Deikalo

When I said "I did not know" how old bullying was, I meant in particular to if it was gotten worse or slightly less. For what I know, it seems to get worse. I do not know, so sorry for any misunderstandings.

(Dec. 05, 2011  3:24 AM)th!nk Wrote: I don't mean to play what you've just posted down that at all, BBS, but in future, just in respect to your previous post, please, if you make any statement that could possibly stir "AMURRIKUN RAAAAGE", please, clarify it so there is no doubt. Just best to make these things real clear, hey Smile
"Rage" is not in my dictionary when racism is even being talked about at all.
Playing a victim, if you would read the previous sentence, which is just annoying.
Playing a victim? Are you saying you are a victim and I am not?

Sorry, I do not understand..
(Dec. 05, 2011  3:26 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote:
(Dec. 05, 2011  3:24 AM)th!nk Wrote: I don't mean to play what you've just posted down that at all, BBS, but in future, just in respect to your previous post, please, if you make any statement that could possibly stir "AMURRIKUN RAAAAGE", please, clarify it so there is no doubt. Just best to make these things real clear, hey Smile
"Rage" is not in my dictionary when racism is even being talked about at all.

You misunderstand my intent. I mean, the kind of Gung-Ho racism that you had to deal with on that day is something I do not want to see happen anywhere, and especially on this forum.

The thing is, your post left open the interpretation Dan sort of took, and honestly even crossed my mind at first, surely you can see how you left that open, as you didn't explain properly that it was because of how you were treated on that day that it was so terrible, not because of the event that made headlines.

Anyway, I am honestly with Rai on this one. Everyone needs to calm the hell down and just leave this thread alone...
While since someone here has stood up for me, as it seems. Thanks man!

But, anyways, it was nice having a discussion like this with all of you. Thank you, this really makes me happy!

I'd also like to see if anyone has had bullying that goes with size or something of that nature, has anyone experienced that?

(Dec. 05, 2011  3:37 AM)th!nk Wrote: The thing is, your post left open the interpretation Dan sort of took, and honestly even crossed my mind at first, surely you can see how you left that open, as you didn't explain properly that it was because of how you were treated on that day that it was so terrible, not because of the event that made headlines.

Anyway, I am honestly with Rai on this one. Everyone needs to calm the hell down and just leave this thread alone...
? I clearly edited my post and wrote that...

I was mocked for my height for the entirety of my stay in the public school system, as I was often a foot shorter than everyone else, and did not reach my current height until after I'd gone into homeschooling.

Didn't really bother me, though - due to a number of factors, I often had faculty watching me like a hawk, so any attempts at bullying beyond name-calling were halted fairly quickly by teachers.
This is what I've been messed around with recently. I'm not a foot smaller, but about 5 inches with my current class (I mean when we graduate). And the seniors I'm about a whole foot smaller if not more. Some of them are huge, eh.

I hate how people use being "short" as some comeback. Especially when they're like an inch bigger.
My school was mostly people who were of the same family income level, all in a poor neighborhood, and most people had similar grades, so height was about all anyone ever mocked anyone else for, aside from weird fashion choices and occasionally, hairstyle.

Highschools were a bit different, since promiscuous behavior ran rampant in the female population and created a lot of dramatic situations revolving around it, but this was all before "cyber-bullying" became a real occurrence aside from the occasional myspace comment, but most of the families going to that school could not afford computers or just discouraged them, which led to it being a non-issue.

Children with odd names were also mocked, if I recall correctly...

As I got older, I became friends with a rather tomboyish girl that had a propensity for hitting people, and she tended to behave somewhat as a "bodyguard" toward me when I was having surgeries and such, which was also helpful.