General Writing Thread

Err...sorry Izuma. I'll make an exception since I never really announced it, but for future reference:

There was too much arguing and hate every time I critiqued, and my time always got wasted anyways. Therefore, I've decided to retire from it completely. I'm still not sure what to do about Renegade Reviews (Quit? I never quit, but...), but I won't put up with it anymore-save for people I know I can count on to be cool about it (Not using names). I'll put this into my sig.
It sucks that you've stopped reviewing. You were a good asset to the writers who were willing to learn. But I respect your decision. Farewell to Sparta the Reviewer.
No, no! If I think they'll learn I'll review. But if they seem like they're being pansies then I won't. It's just that I won't be mass producing reviews anymore, so to speak.

Now you're making me feel guilty Unhappy.
I'm not trying to make you feel guilty Unhappy I'm just saying goodbye to your reviewer's side. Uncertain
Dammit. Well, that IS a major issue here. People ask for critique, yet never take it well. Anyway, I'd already asked you for a review on WtAS, will you still do that? Hopefully, people learn soon, because I'm on the end of my wits too.
Yeah, of course! Because you ACCEPT advice, and don't make pathetic excuses. That's what tired me out.
hey guys, I seriously think something needs to happen about the enthusiasm in the your creations bit. people read the ok ones, but the more experienced writers like Temporal and me don't get hardly any comments to keep the thread alive. in Drahelix is born I had loads of comments...
(Sep. 28, 2011  11:30 PM)Sparta Wrote: Err...sorry Izuma. I'll make an exception since I never really announced it, but for future reference:

There was too much arguing and hate every time I critiqued, and my time always got wasted anyways. Therefore, I've decided to retire from it completely. I'm still not sure what to do about Renegade Reviews (Quit? I never quit, but...), but I won't put up with it anymore-save for people I know I can count on to be cool about it (Not using names). I'll put this into my sig.

you're quitting how come no ones told me this...

you were a great asset Sparta, i totally respect your decision, hope you write more stroies...

Hey guys i have been working on the AWH and have about thee pages drafted on a Word Document...

i'll send it in by December as im still panning in a few things...

please if you'd like to help give me suggestions on what to write on...
Explain what a pretense is. Essentially, the purpose behind every word. A meaningless word is a wasted word. A wasteful story is a bad story.

Anyway, my teacher FINALLY announced that entering NaNoWriMo would be extra credit. (Dammit, I don't even NEED the extra points, I already have an A.) I'm gonna post a thread for "Corporeal" soon, since Sparta said it was good, and I trust his judgement.
I need to ask my teacher about this. In my mind, writing a legitimate novel in one month deserves an extra 100% as a project grade (At my school, projects are worth the most).
HAS ANYONE ELSE GOTTEN THE PM FROM SPARTA?!

I'm pretty sure this is the greatest moment of my life!!!
What PM?
He meant the library thread. And I won't say who else because otherwise some people are going to get upset that they didn't get it.

However, the thread was made so go to it, keep quiet, and feel free to start submitting books to grow our collection!
I have submitted my novel series, I doubt it will even come close to getting in as it hardly gets any replies to the thread so it can't be that great. But I enjoy writing it so I shall keep writing.

I did not enter NaNoWriMo, I don't see the point for me. There is no way that any of my stories will be as good as other peoples so I have no chance of winning. You guys however are far more talented and I wish you all the best and hope that at least one of you gets that paperback version of your novel that you want so much (I admit, it would be cool)

EDIT: Oh, and 800 POSTS! Only 200 more until I breach that elusive 1000 post mark...
off topic: wait at 100 points you get an face? I have like 2 times that!

Also I sent in my Drahelix is born, and Senpuujin to the library, hope it gets in, according to sparta i'm a good writer, which means alot to me.
I think so, but I will edit my post in case I am wrong. It just says in the 'Face Collection' section of the WBO:
Face Collection Wrote:Antique Face - Bladers who've talked a little too much will receive this as a gift.
And I remember someone telling me it was 1,000 but I'm not sure...
Sorry for being off topic but its 1000 good posts.

I want to know what you think of first lines. Are they important in a story?
oh ok, i might ask Kai-V to clear it up for me...
First liners, yes they are. If I find even a single spelling/grammar mistake in the first few lines I just stop reading. The first few lines of a story or even a chapter are crucial for keeping the readers attention, otherwise they might get bored and stop reading, and non of us want that.
(Oct. 01, 2011  9:56 AM)Áú®®@' pid='1463 Wrote:Sorry for being off topic but its 1000 good posts.

I want to know what you think of first lines. Are they important in a story?

1000 good posts in the Beyblade Section gets you the face.

That first line always gives an impression of your story. If someone sees a boring first line, then they assume your story is boring. You have MAYBE six paragraphs to get a reader hooked, or it won't work.
I think that if you're first line is uninteresting you can easily judge the rest of the story. Also the first word is important, if its a 'the' people often don't bother to read it.
I'm having a plot recently. Inside the spoiler, you'll find the plot. Tongue_out
I still need time to develop it more but that's what I'm having in my dreams.
(Oct. 02, 2011  8:04 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: I'm having a plot recently. Inside the spoiler, you'll find the plot. Tongue_out
I still need time to develop it more but that's what I'm having in my dreams.

sounds good!

So any suggestions for it? I'm actually liking this plot of mine..;p
just put me in XD honestly, i like it but it is just too common. Lord of the Rings, rather simmilar
Ah, I just had an idea. Y'know the whole argument on paying college athletes? Well, why don't I base a novel on that one day?