General Writing Thread

I have used damn/damnit in some of my stories, I admit it. But I don't think I have gone further than that, I normally just say
"______ Cursed to himself at his foolish mistake."

On another note, I have uploaded the latest chapter of my story (I am sure quite a few of you have read it).
Chapter 7 - Return of the Dusk Warrior
Rate and Comment please! Anything that I could improve on?
On cursing, usually I use 'effing', kinda in the same way the Chaos Walking series does it. Example: "You...You effing LIAR!" I exclaim, except I don't really say 'effing', do I? Alluding to it is good enough, though occasionally I use the actually words. But that's beyond rare. I don't like cursing, you can find so many words that mean the same thing that aren't taboo.

Favorite punctuation? Semicolons. Clauses that are short should not be separate sentences if they're related. It just looks unprofessional. (Like THAT. Now wouldn't that look slightly better with a semicolon?) Again, I agree with Noodoo with the apostrophes. They're just so versatile; you can use them almost anywhere. Splicing two words together, contractions, slang, and a bunch of other stuff. Plus, it looks proper if you use them right. What will make you want to read more, saying "Im going to the park." or "I'm going to the park!"?
I have started to put some low level swearing in my stories like damn. nothin more. nothing less. It does add to a characters life, makes them more realistic, everyone says it in real life.
Egh, my ideas are so jumbled up in me head. I catch a hold of one, then promptly forget. I need a study or somethin'.
I have a question :

What is the most unusual place you have gotten inspiration from?

The strangest place I've gotten it from is probably from a LEGO Star Wars box (An unposted story. It was a complete trainwreck!).

By the way, should I look in to having SwiftShadow and I continue our entry for the Tag Tournament? It's just so tempting to write twenty chapters right now!
(Sep. 18, 2011  1:39 AM)TITAN Wrote: I have a question :

What is the most unusual place you have gotten inspiration from?

The strangest place I've gotten it from is probably from a LEGO Star Wars box (An unposted story. It was a complete trainwreck!).

By the way, should I look in to having SwiftShadow and I continue our entry for the Tag Tournament? It's just so tempting to write twenty chapters right now!
Sitting on the toilet. Kinda weird but hey, it gives you time to think.
Your choice, if SwiftShadow and you both want to continue your story then go ahead, just make sure you don't upload the chapters before that round of the writing tourney.

On another note; I have done a double chapter upload! for my story. Please Read and Comment if you can. Also I am considering renaming the story from 'The Chronicles of Samuel D. Baychrist' to 'The Titan Trilogy'. What do you think?

Chapter 8 - The Journey Begins
The most unusual place I've ever gotten imspiration from was an elevator shaft. Really, it's wheremI got the original idea for "Dystopia"

I've decided to make the story, with a few changes to the end of the chapter. I'll post he thread tonight!
So, who's doing NaNoWriMo?

Anyways, I'm just about ahead on WtAS. I should be able to post two whole new chapters tomorrow! (Booyeah!) Also-New Character. It took a while to think of what to do with it, but I kinda figured that I'd need something to get some insight in on my idea of what Heaven is like in the story. So, without further ado, I'll get right on posting it.

Also: I once was inspired while sleeping on the floor in my brothers room after a Bears game (Eat it Jets! Uhehehe. Damn near swept the AFC East. Damn you, Patriots!), and I came up with the story that eventually become Andromeda 108.
(Sep. 25, 2011  6:45 AM)Temporal Wrote: So, who's doing NaNoWriMo?
YESH! Even though I didn't know about this until yesterday. And unlike people have said, entries aren't turned into novels after winning. They are deleted after the word count, and all that is left is your username and title of your novel in the winners section if you exceed 50,000 words. Although, if you win, then you can get a free paperback version of your novel from one of NaNoWriMo's sponsers. And there's a slim chance you'll get published for real.

Sad stuff aside, my entry is called 'Psynergy' (Is that a real word? If not, big whoop. It has a reason to be like that. And if the word isn't supposed to have a P, again, it has a reason to be like that.) It's about a 14 year-old boy named Darren Tate, who can utilize psychic energy, also known as PSI.
PK Flash! (Just pointing it out, it's funny.)

Anyway, I thought as much. I would love a paperback version of WtAS, though.
(Sep. 25, 2011  7:21 AM)Temporal Wrote: PK Flash! (Just pointing it out, it's funny.)

Anyway, I thought as much. I would love a paperback version of WtAS, though.
You sound like my brother playing Smash Bros. he spams PK Fire. Anyway, yeah, Ness uses PSI. I've studied it, too. It's interesting...
Not a knock on your idea. I got an idea from various animes for WtAS. (Parodies, dude!) It is funny, though. I'd love to read it one day. (Urgh, it's about three here in Chicago. I'm goin' to be as soon as I polish off this last chapter on Corporeal.)
I am taking part in the competition. I would love to have a paper back copy of my book as well; I would read it multiple times Tongue_out
Urgh, it seems my story lost a bit of interest. I just added rewrites of the first six chapters a few days back, too. Anyway, chapter 14 is almost done for WtAS!
I'm entering, hopefully. My mom is threatening to not let me enter. I'm upset. I'm on Chapter 0 of my entry right now. Procrastination!
Why would your mom not let you enter? Is she afraid of you using your imagination? Does she not want you to do something you like? Is she upset that you're doing something productive?

I can honestly say that if she doesn't let you in I will personally visit her and hypnotize her to do otherwise.
Well, maybe a little of that, and the fact that I'm failing Language Arts (I know, of all my classes, it's the one that teaches me how to write!).

And as to the hypnotizing, please do that! I would be very happy (Especially since one of my idols would be doing it!).
Well then that's stupid (The first reason, anyways). Why be afraid of it? Parents are supposed to be supportive of their children! Haha.

As for the second reason, study more. C'mon, you have to pass that class! Right up your alley Wink

For a change of topic: What is the stupidest writing idea you've ever gotten that was so weird stupid or gross you had to turn it down?
More like I'm being lazy. I'm missing one homework assignment, and somehow, I've got a 52.43%. I've got A's and B's on everything else, so I'm kind of pissed.

Hm, I had a story about the journeys of a white blood cell, who fights crime and infections. Actually, I should totally write that!
That happens, it depends on how heavily things are weighted.

Mine was when I wanted to write a self help book about trying to have healthy relationships.

I will never forgive myself for being that stupid. *Facecouch*
(Sep. 27, 2011  2:29 AM)TITAN Wrote: Hm, I had a story about the journeys of a white blood cell, who fights crime and infections. Actually, I should totally write that!
Umm... When did you come up with 'Osmosis Jones', an old Cartoon Network show and movie? Hm...
Whoa, that actually exists?! Once again, I have copied something without knowing it!
my bro draw something that was kinda like the robot monkey cartoon network show before it came out, nothing really hard to copy.

anyway SPARTA! i'm really miffed off! in the writing competition either temporal didn't send my part or you didn't put it in...
I forwarded the whole PM. He WAS using his iPad, which tends to goof. Or Sparta didn't get that it was part of our entry. I did explain that the two characters would highlight our different writing styles.
Hey, Sparta, can you fix my story? you know, CnCs heres the Link: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-True...#pid798690