General Burst Combo Discussion

(Apr. 01, 2016  12:10 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2016  11:32 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2016  11:27 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: anyone tried DFX? i haven't tried it either but i thought Deathsyther is four sided, so Force's weight distrubution may give more power to smash attack. just like how R145 works on Variares? [it's rubber so differant :p]

I was toying around with it for a couple of rounds once, but I don't remember the results, but I do remember that DeathScyther's contact points were too rounded to really give any good hits.

i was thinking DF_ will be good as anti-attack or Stamina/Burst Attack Hybrid. Deathsyther's smooth shape will help resisting Burst/KO and it's Recoil will burst opposing

I tried it a little while I was practicing, but DFX wasn't that good. Its attack isn't great, and its stamina is pretty bad because of Xtreme. DFZ or DFA is something to try though.

Edit: The thing I bolded really makes no sense, since deathscyther's main problem is being easy to burst.
thanks for pointing out Myth!

but still i will try DFZ for sure
Here is just a quick battle video of V2GV vs OHD

Well damn. Those were some hard hits, and coming from you and your launch, this is not good hah. Either Victory Valkyrie is actually weak and bursts too easily, or Odin Heavy Defense is still a threat.
(Apr. 08, 2016  3:40 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well damn. Those were some hard hits, and coming from you and your launch, this is not good hah. Either Victory Valkyrie is actually weak and bursts too easily, or Odin Heavy Defense is still a threat.

I think it's still Odin being OP because I mentioned not launching Odin hard, nor could I launch V2 full power due to it being uncontrollable, that being said, I also tested this against DHD and it's very unfortunate but if you do not launch hard with V2 against Deathscyther it always seems to self burst, which is why you shouldn't use Variable if you know your opponent will go for Deatscyther. Going for something like Xtreme is a much better choice because it allows you to have more control which ultimately means you can launch hard enough to have a chance against Deathscyther. I will post a video in a combo battle to show you what I mean (probably tomorrow at night since I have to upload my unboxings and stock battles to my channel).
OK, and does anybody not go into a battle these days expecting their opponent to use Deathscyther just to be safe at least hah? That would basically mean that Variable is never usable...
(Apr. 08, 2016  3:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: OK, and does anybody not go into a battle these days expecting their opponent to use Deathscyther just to be safe at least hah? That would basically mean that Variable is never usable...

Unfortunately... that's the sad truth... rip my BAE Variable Chief - Sigh ...
Was anyone really expecting Variable to outclass Xtreme?
It should have been doing something hah. More control, more stamina, etc.
(Apr. 08, 2016  4:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It should have been doing something hah. More control, more stamina, etc.

Eh ... I think we all have enough experience to know that new parts aren't always necessarily better. It does seem more controllable at first, though, although it probably wears down into something much more difficult to manage. I don't think we have enough information to draw many conclusions yet.
I agree with brad . more testing with diferent launch technics will be needed to make better conclusion. Variable still have to perform differently from launching technics from what I have understood.
(Apr. 14, 2016  3:01 AM)loyd87 Wrote: I agree with brad . more testing with diferent launch technics will be needed to make better conclusion. Variable still have to perform differently from launching technics from what I have understood.

Only launches I know of are the Sliding/Rush Shoot and the standard launch.
(Apr. 08, 2016  4:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Was anyone really expecting Variable to outclass Xtreme?
Me Beyhahah

(Apr. 14, 2016  3:29 AM)Shokkazuluman Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2016  3:01 AM)loyd87 Wrote: I agree with brad . more testing with diferent launch technics will be needed to make better conclusion. Variable still have to perform differently from launching technics from what I have understood.

Only launches I know of are the Sliding/Rush Shoot and the standard launch.

IIRC. Rush shoot is different then Sliding Shoot (Rush = Bank) and there are some more like 'launch on slope' catapult, snipe, etc. Idk all either but there are also some aren't named.

Edit:- i like non-eroded Variable as it seems to perform better
the series is young we have many to discover. I used normal, rush and slidding shoot until now but we have some spot too in the play area to launch it with these different technics. (around the edge, slopes, center) and it does different movement pattern.
The worst thing aboit Variable though, from what I have seen so far, is that, as it's name suggests, it's performance varies. Finally found a speed that's good with it? Well wait 10 launches cuz it's gonna change. Lol.
Hopefully, we can find a use for it that lasts more than 10 launches, somewhere in the middle of it's wear cycle, but I haven't found anything yet
sure worn is a factor really important. still its new and hard to test it with consistant results.
Okay so, confession time. I really suck at making Stamina combos. Can anyone give some advice on what makes a good stamina type? Specifically for Burst System beys. I know it would be good for them to be light, and having low grip to the stadium. Basically so there is nothing slowing it down. But what kind of layer shape would I need? And cintripicle force is also a factor, having the weight on the outside of the bey.
(Apr. 14, 2016  3:07 PM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Okay so, confession time. I really suck at making Stamina combos. Can anyone give some advice on what makes a good stamina type? Specifically for Burst System beys. I know it would be good for them to be light, and having low grip to the stadium. Basically so there is nothing slowing it down. But what kind of layer shape would I need? And cintripicle force is also a factor, having the weight on the outside of the bey.

Usually you just want circular Layers without prominent protrusions, and not too large either like Trident.
Well, I just accidentally discovered a really powerful combo. Deathscyther Wing Survive.
(Apr. 14, 2016  3:38 PM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Well, I just accidentally discovered a really powerful combo. Deathscyther Wing Survive.

Well, Deathscyther Spread Survive was already acknowledged as quite a powerful combo, and I would suspect Wing works worse than Spread in this regard. (Also, Deathscyther Spread Gyro is better than both.)
(Apr. 14, 2016  3:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2016  3:38 PM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Well, I just accidentally discovered a really powerful combo. Deathscyther Wing Survive.

Well, Deathscyther Spread Survive was already acknowledged as quite a powerful combo, and I would suspect Wing works worse than Spread in this regard. (Also, Deathscyther Spread Gyro is better than both.)

I unfortuanntly don't have Gyro at the moment, but thanks for the heads up.
Sorry for the double post,I just wanted to ask.

Why is Spread so good? What about it makes it perform so greatly?
(Apr. 14, 2016  4:51 PM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Sorry for the double post,I just wanted to ask.

Wider parts with weight focused around the edge (like Spread and Ring in Burst or Burn and Phantom in MFB) provide strong Stamina because it acts like a flywheel, with the ring's mass providing inertia that keeps the Beyblade spinning.
(Apr. 14, 2016  4:51 PM)Shokkazuluman Wrote: Sorry for the double post,I just wanted to ask.

Because it's more heavier then Wing Smile

Heavy is heaviest disk but spread is more stable and have more outward weight distribution then Heavy making it better for stamina.

Ring have more Outward weight distribution then Spread but it's much lighter too [1 grams lighter] so easy to KO

Spread have very outward weight distribution [after Ring] and Heavy weight [after Heavy] so makeds it perfect for Stamina/Defence Hybried.
After seeing @[ZachBob]'s post, I thought it would be good to discuss what should be on the tier list here.

DeathScyther Heavy Revolve is definitely tier worthy, having great Stamina along with some LAD. It has shown success at Toronto's Dual Layers, Dual Fun, along with variations at London's Winter's Chill and Montreal's Dueling Duality. DeathScyther Gravity Revolve is practically on par with it, too, with Spread being used too (but I am not sure how it performed, but I would imagine it is good, too).

Wyvern Heavy Revolve has shown success at the Toronto and Montreal tournaments mentioned above, having great Defense and good Stamina. Some variations used have been with Gravity and Spread, which I would also imagine are more or less the same.

That covers the main 2 combos I wanted to give some shining to, but I also saw one of the winning combos at the London tournament was Valkryie Spread Revolve. With the 'original version' of this being Valkryie Spread/Heavy Survive (which is on the tier list because of it's good stationary attack) and Revolve showing it's stamina capabilities, this could possibly be the same, or even better as such. Besides the use at the London tournament, that has really been the only mention of it, besides the 1 time is may have been used at the Toronto tournament, but it does make me wonder how it would perform. Along with Revolve's counterpart, Gyro, showing its use on Valkryie Spread/Heavy, I would say may need some testings, as this could be good in theory (and seems to have been good), but does not have much backing it realistically.